Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Abducted by Demons Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 14, 2008 3:54 PM

Dec 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow.... that last scene made me jump....
I'm loving this anime... it's soo suspenseful and creepy

To think... at the end of the last arc, I thought Rena was an f***ed up crazy bitch
now i feel really sorry for her
Tekky99Mar 14, 2008 3:57 PM
Apr 15, 2008 8:17 AM

Feb 2008
I really paused my playback where Mion is going to torture Keiichi. And then after 5minutes, I've played it back just to have a deep breath in that 5 minutes. Fortunately, it doesn't happen. LOL!

I'm really getting tortured in this series. Arghh! I'm still watching it in one-go. I hope I can last till the last episode..

Btw, I'm kinda confused in this chapter. What's the relevance of Takano being alive even though the autopsy said that she had died 24 hours ago before she was burnt? And how come DEMON Mion is still there. And Mion is also found at the well. So Shion, Mion, DEMON, are different persons having each different body. So there are 3 look alike? Mion and Shion dead and DEMON alive? LOL! I'm kinda confused, but that's it for this episode for now.. XD
May 22, 2008 3:23 AM

Mar 2008
this is way to confusing. why are ppl who are meant to be dead turning up? and then who the heck is good and bad?? arghhhhhhhhh :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 28, 2008 3:03 PM

Sep 2007
Just where did she come back from the dead at the end?!
This episode made my heart jumping in and out of my throat. First, I thought everything was going to be ok, then we gets stabbed, but he lives to be at the hospital, then...she appears. -.-

Damnit! Don't die without my permission!
Jun 8, 2008 12:43 AM

Oct 2007
@7:26 when Mion said "I give up", for a moment I expected Rika and Satoko to open the door and say "We're ALIVEEEEEeeee ... this was all a joke" ... than I figured out that it wasn't going to happen ^^;;

WOW @ Rena ... this ep really changed the image I had of her.
Jul 6, 2008 1:52 AM

Jun 2008
DUDE!!! That was just... WOW o___o

I totally thought that it wasn't gonna be that bloody... and then that last scene scared the shit outa me... *still in half-shock*.... I'm never gonna be able to sleep O_O

Sig WILL change soon~
Jul 7, 2008 5:58 AM

May 2008
First let me say:ARRRRRRGH wow O_@

Then:I kinda expected there would be a demon involved. And in the opening credits you can see that "carved demon" Mion mentioned .
How can Kei-chan die with a blow to his finger after he's survived a knife stabbed in the stomach? Something doesn't make any sense here... ._.
Then again,there's probably more than one nail. X_X
DarkShinesJul 7, 2008 6:11 AM
Jul 10, 2008 8:25 PM

Mar 2008
DarkShines said:

Then:I kinda expected there would be a demon involved. And in the opening credits you can see that "carved demon" Mion mentioned .
How can Kei-chan die with a blow to his finger after he's survived a knife stabbed in the stomach? Something doesn't make any sense here... ._.

My gosh i didn't even realized the arc was over and he died:|
wird..how come they never showed that scene with Rika-chan?like from the beggining of the arc...gah:S
Jul 18, 2008 6:22 PM

Mar 2008
this episode literally made me shout out "OH S**T!!!" lmao xD so are they gonna get killed like evry arc? wtf
Jul 22, 2008 3:45 AM

Jul 2008
Holy Crap!!! damn i knew it this ep would creep me out!! keichi is a unlucky dude!! third time best time eh xD next ep next ep !!! dont be vreepy onegai xD

Grtz lsumi
Born to live
Born to die
Born to be, crucified
Give our souls and take our pride
Bleeding for the harder styles
Rising up, from the seed
Born to change, history
From the streets we unleash hell
Feel the power, decibel!! d(^.^)b
Jul 28, 2008 1:04 PM

Mar 2008
Ok, so here's my possible solution.

Now, I believe the "Demon" was actually Oyashiro-sama. Because the whole story is about the curse of Oyashiro-sama.
In episode 6, Takano Miyo (who suppose to be dead) asked if Keiichi believes in curses. Oyashiro-sama could've taken the form of Takano, although I don't really see the point why he does so because Takano didn't have an important role in the arc.

Then again, Oyashiro-sama isn't human, so he could be more than 1 individual, meaning he could also have been the demon who took over Mion's body. I believe this explains why the demon Mion was still alive, while the real Mion was lying dead in the well.
Aug 6, 2008 12:23 AM

Mar 2008
Wow, this was one creepy episode. o.o It's beginning to get more confusing-what was up with Takano and Mion? And apparently the next episode is the start of a new arc? Oh well, the answers are going to be in Kai, but the suspense is killing me already.
Aug 10, 2008 9:47 PM

Jan 2008
Gezzz, like someone said earlier, "I hope I last through the series!" Yea, I'm agreeing with everyone when I say, I'm a bit confused. What do the arcs mean anyways? And why dose Kei have to die every arc? Douche!
Aug 18, 2008 7:35 PM

May 2008
I believe that finger stabbing scene triggered a masochistic part of my sexuality. -__-

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Aug 28, 2008 6:20 PM

Apr 2008
Man that scene at the end scared the shit out of me! I think this is the first time I've ever been scared by an anime before. It was like 1am and I was in the dark when I watched it. 0_o My Fingers were twitching the whole night.

Sep 14, 2008 7:30 PM

Feb 2008
man i feel sorry for him, is he gonna like die at the end of every chapter, wow
Oct 1, 2008 2:11 PM

Jul 2008
I didn't like this arc as much as the last one. Keichii was so stupid to follow Mion in the first place. Rena and Keichii were just acting like everything was normal, they were still friends. Mion killed their two other friends, she even admitted to it, why were they acting so damn normal.

And the whole them being killed before the last time they were seen doesn't make much sense to me. My mind is still too busy trying to wrap that last scene. Im getting the creeps just thinking about it.

Geez, I can't wait till they finally sar explaining things. Of course the one anime I didn't spoil myself with turns out to be the most confusing.
Oct 21, 2008 2:40 PM

Nov 2007
Love this shit, fun and confusion have the same levels. I guess I'll watch about 4 eps a day from now on... When I'm free that is.

Is this the end of this arc btw?
Oct 23, 2008 5:18 PM

Aug 2008
Zombies! zomg! lol xD
This anime does have some supernatural elements to it after all :D
Overall, I liked the first arc better, but this one was amazing nonetheless.

Oct 29, 2008 1:42 AM

Jun 2007
I'm guessing that Oyashiro-sama may actually be something completely different that has some connection to the ogre blood. Lets assume everyone in the town has ogre blood like previously suggested then Oyashiro-sama or some other "god" might have the power to control any and all people living in the village. Thats kind of how everyone finds out about secrets that only one or two towns people should know about. Once one person over hears Oyashiro-sama finds out and can just take over anyone else's body to finish off whoever needs to die. It's either that or everyone in the village just goes nuts when they know your lying to them.
Dec 7, 2008 12:50 PM

Jul 2008
Lots of bewilderment on my part, just struggling to understand a few things. Now every scene I'm always expecting things. This anime is great, loving the suspense and uber creepy parts.
Dec 12, 2008 11:54 PM

Oct 2008
I dont think he will die in EVERY one, last time he died just like that, and this time he got a bit better, maybe next one he'll survive a few more weeks! ne
Dec 13, 2008 8:32 AM

Dec 2008
patient_senses said:
I didn't like this arc as much as the last one. Keichii was so stupid to follow Mion in the first place. Rena and Keichii were just acting like everything was normal, they were still friends. Mion killed their two other friends, she even admitted to it, why were they acting so damn normal.

And the whole them being killed before the last time they were seen doesn't make much sense to me. My mind is still too busy trying to wrap that last scene. Im getting the creeps just thinking about it.

Geez, I can't wait till they finally sar explaining things. Of course the one anime I didn't spoil myself with turns out to be the most confusing.

I was feeling the same way too when Keichii said Mion was still his friend. She killed your friends and a whole bunch of other people by pulling out their organs and you still consider her your friend!
Jan 20, 2009 4:30 PM
May 2008
Is it just me or does every episode seem to start in a random place having nothing to do with the previous episodes ending? (location wise that is)
Dead Account
Please Delete
Apr 10, 2009 6:45 PM

Feb 2009
soooo weird !!!! oh yeah you killed two friends of mine and some other people from the village... who cares? is not as if you were dangerous right?

ahh??? i think kechii survived this arc nails can't kill you damn!
Apr 18, 2009 9:35 AM

Apr 2009
I must say, the last scene scared the living crap out of me. o_o;;

_Akemi_ said:
i think kechii survived this arc nails can't kill you damn!

Do you really think all she did was hammer a bunch of nails in his fingers? =/
if we die we'll meet again in valhalla...
May 7, 2009 9:40 AM

Mar 2009
In agreement that the first arc was better - though I did enjoy this episode even if it did not make too much sense concerning who was alive or not.

Shameless plug signature The Shorts Club

May 10, 2009 7:59 PM

Feb 2008
So is this supposed to be a second arc? Are we like starting from the beginning now with a different possibility? Why are people who are supposed to be dead alive, and why is Keichi re-learning all this stuff he knew last episode? I'm so confused...
Jun 5, 2009 3:03 AM
Apr 2009
Man, Keiichi was a dumbass in this arc. He should have just been swinging bats.
Jun 11, 2009 11:40 PM
Sep 2008
Bladecatcher said:
Man, Keiichi was a dumbass in this arc. He should have just been swinging bats.

Wouldn be fun if he repeat the samething again
Jun 15, 2009 4:42 PM
May 2009
Seriously what was the point of the opening scene for episode 5? Where does Rika killing herself fit into the arch?

Also I think Mion and Demon Mion are in the same body. When the police raided the place, Mion jumped into the well as well and "died". As Mion said or Demon Mion, "the next time you see me, stay away because I will be only a corpse that a demon possess" or somewhat.

The thing about the nails to each joint is probably just the start of her method because she did say that they were killed in the most cruel and agonizing death. As a demon, I think he knows how to kill someone ... and with that, I think Keiichi is dead =(
BBundaegiJun 15, 2009 4:48 PM
Jun 23, 2009 3:59 AM
Jul 2008
Wow this ending is much more scarier than the first one. Mion's demon side is truly frightening. I still like Shion over Mion though ^^.
Jul 6, 2009 12:13 AM

Mar 2009
Man, it sure was agonizing watching the part when Keiichi was about to be nailed in his fingers. I really have some problems when it comes to blood and your hands...

Anyways, this arc added a bit more of the supernatural element to the show, which is kinda cool. Just hope they won't over-do it.

I'm really excited/terrified to see what this show will come up with next time to keep my scared O_O
Jul 7, 2009 3:13 PM

Mar 2008
WOW at that last scene...
pretty good episode. i was definitely startled at the [almost] torture scene part.

Jul 10, 2009 4:30 AM

Dec 2008
killing Rika is unforgivable

seems next ep everything is resetted

I don't get the Idea behind this show, but I like it even when it scares me a lot sometimes.
Im so bad at watching anything with horror XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 23, 2009 12:13 AM

Apr 2009
Not bad, but I definitely liked the first arc better, it was less confusing and more suspenseful. I wonder what the next arc has in store.

Aug 3, 2009 9:07 AM
Dec 2008
so wat explains the first scene in ep 5 where rika was getting stabbed?
or rather stabbing herself??
Aug 6, 2009 11:03 PM

Dec 2007
I don't get any of the story. It's too confusing. Someone was dead before they actually went into the sacred tool place. Now they're saying that mion didn't stab him.
Aug 15, 2009 7:07 PM

Sep 2008
I get goosebumps watching this anime, and my hearts speeds faster during the scary scenes. specially in the last scene!! omg that was so scary!! that's never happened to me with any anime O_o i started watching the anime today and can't stop XD
Aug 25, 2009 8:14 AM

Aug 2008
My guess is that Mion killed Shion the night in the basement, and put her in the well. Then Mion dressed up like Shion and was carried out on the gurney. The next time Oyashiro was able to control her body he stabbed Keiichi, not sure what evokes his power of control yet. After he lost his control Mion realized what she had done to Keiichi and killed herself. But being dead doesn't keep Oyashiro from controlling her body one last time to complete the yearly curse.

But man is Keiichi an idiot. Mion during the almost-torture scene says that the next time you see her she will not be in control. So what does he do when he sees her outside of his window? He goes down and gives her a big hug, the silly guy.

Also the cop said that Takano was dead before the night at the shrine, so maybe she was controlled by Oyashiro and made Shion and Keiichi go into the shrine. Or she has a twin sister herself. Someone else could have dressed up like her but there's no one with a similar face that I can think of.
Aug 27, 2009 4:14 PM

May 2009
My first guess was that everything was actually Shion's doing. She dressed up as Mion the whole time. So the one in the cell was Mion in fact. After the almost-torture scene, Shion killed Mion and threw her in the well. She dressed up as Shion again and got carried out by the cops.
A few days later she tried to kill Keiichi and eventually killed herself.

However the last scene destroyed my theory, since there are 2 things which don't fit in.
1. Takano was already dead, when they sneaked into the shrine. So who was that ("fake") Takano at that time?
2. Mion (or maybe Shion) showed up at the last seconds only to finally kill Keiichi, despite being dead already.

A third thing could be, that Shion shouldn't be able to know about the doll in the beginning.. but well, it's not impossible for her to know.

There's definitly something supernatural going on.

After thinking about it again, it looks like my theory is pretty stupid.
This Anime is just freaking complicated.
Sep 2, 2009 11:18 PM

Aug 2009
The almost-toture scene was really creepy. I personally thought that Mion was gonna get her rape on. She so coulda done it, I know I would ;D

jk jk thats gross

Anywho, the last scene made me literally say "OH SHIT" out loud. Stab wound, 15 nails, and then death? Hell to the fucking no! And as for that last bit about Mion Takano already being dead is just too confusing and it doesn't fit into the storyline so I'm just gonna consider it "unessential" and forgeta bout it lol. Maybe they just wanted to put some mystery at the end of the arc

I'm a bandwagon whore

Ow. My Heart. <3
Sep 12, 2009 9:11 AM

Jul 2009
Well this chapter was really confusing to say the least, the first one was way scarier and had a much darker atmosphere too.

This was just too weird for my taste, though I must say I really love Mions crazy laughter :D
Sep 21, 2009 1:12 PM

Sep 2008
I really hope this will start to make sense towards the end.
Sep 22, 2009 1:05 AM
Apr 2009
HydraA said:
I really hope this will start to make sense towards the end.
It won't, until much later.
Nov 2, 2009 3:57 PM
Jun 2009
Saviuz said:
My first guess was that everything was actually Shion's doing. She dressed up as Mion the whole time. So the one in the cell was Mion in fact. After the almost-torture scene, Shion killed Mion and threw her in the well. She dressed up as Shion again and got carried out by the cops.
A few days later she tried to kill Keiichi and eventually killed herself.

However the last scene destroyed my theory, since there are 2 things which don't fit in.
1. Takano was already dead, when they sneaked into the shrine. So who was that ("fake") Takano at that time?
2. Mion (or maybe Shion) showed up at the last seconds only to finally kill Keiichi, despite being dead already.

A third thing could be, that Shion shouldn't be able to know about the doll in the beginning.. but well, it's not impossible for her to know.

There's definitly something supernatural going on.

After thinking about it again, it looks like my theory is pretty stupid.
This Anime is just freaking complicated.

I also believe that it was shion impersonating mion, in shion's character bio it says she likes to carry around a taser, and what did she use to knock him out the second time? a taser.
Nov 24, 2009 6:01 PM

Oct 2009
So, I'm confused. When I read the manga, I swear at the end it was Rena who crept up beside the hospital bed...
Nov 24, 2009 8:11 PM

May 2007
I find a tad funny people saying this anime is scary.
It sure is gory, but wth?

So far i'm liking how the story is progressing.
Dec 7, 2009 8:06 PM

Nov 2009
x-gummybear-x said:
DarkShines said:

My gosh i didn't even realized the arc was over and he died:|
wird..how come they never showed that scene with Rika-chan?like from the beggining of the arc...gah:S

Yeaahh! I want to know what was going on with Rika at the beginning.. Did it just never happen?? Or did it happen but they didn't show it.. I'm confused.
Dec 7, 2009 8:07 PM

Nov 2009
Selkaine said:
The almost-toture scene was really creepy. I personally thought that Mion was gonna get her rape on. She so coulda done it, I know I would ;D

jk jk thats gross

Anywho, the last scene made me literally say "OH SHIT" out loud. Stab wound, 15 nails, and then death? Hell to the fucking no! And as for that last bit about Mion Takano already being dead is just too confusing and it doesn't fit into the storyline so I'm just gonna consider it "unessential" and forgeta bout it lol. Maybe they just wanted to put some mystery at the end of the arc

I definitely thought she was going to get her rape on. Would have been an interesting scene.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

171 by Extremo888 »»
Mar 27, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 17, 2008

210 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

142 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Voltlighter - Dec 28, 2007

148 by Ratris_Decision »»
Feb 4, 12:14 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xo_cl2 - Jan 19, 2008

205 by josh_exe »»
Jan 26, 12:55 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.