Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Abducted by Demons Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 9, 2009 1:31 PM

Sep 2009
HydraA said:
I really hope this will start to make sense towards the end.

Haha indeed. But i think this anime is just... different^^
Bleach ga saiko ka jibun ni! (:
Dec 15, 2009 2:09 PM

Aug 2009
So from what I understand nearly everyone dies at the end of every 4 episode arc, but my question is how do these alternate endings all relate to the main story of the show. Is there really even a continuous story at all? Also there's apparently three Mion's now: Mion, Shion, and Demon Mion since both Mion and Shion were found dead, yet Mion is still there to torture, stab, and kill Keichii. O.O
Dec 29, 2009 10:07 AM
Apr 2009
AceOfSpades24 said:
So from what I understand nearly everyone dies at the end of every 4 episode arc, but my question is how do these alternate endings all relate to the main story of the show. Is there really even a continuous story at all? Also there's apparently three Mion's now: Mion, Shion, and Demon Mion since both Mion and Shion were found dead, yet Mion is still there to torture, stab, and kill Keichii. O.O

I must be missing something...

I know Shion died..was thrown out of the window most likely by Mion right before she went to go stab Keichii.

Now when was Mion found dead? When Keichii and Rena went to go talk to her and all of that other stuff went down Mion was able to escape no?

If so it's pretty simple Mion was possessed by the demon...and still is
Dec 30, 2009 8:06 PM

Jul 2008
This anime doesn't scare me one bit. Why? Because it's so confusing I don't have time to be scared.
Jan 1, 2010 8:42 AM

Aug 2009
Oh wow, MION NEVER DIES DOES SHE? Stay dead damn it!
That last scene made me jump XD
I hope we get an episode with "Good Mion" just once...please?
Bye bye Arc, can't wait for the next! *Goes to watch*
<object data=http://www.stoppedxtime.com/MAL%20Sig/HTML2.html width="470" height="140"> <embed src=http://www.stoppedxtime.com/MAL%20Sig/HTML2.html width="470" height="140"> </embed> Error: Embedded data could not be displayed. </object>
Jan 27, 2010 10:59 AM

Oct 2009
then Mion was the psycho one and Shion is the moe one... wait, wat?! *head explodes*

Vrrrrroooooooommmm!
Jan 27, 2010 12:22 PM

Aug 2008
wowww, i love rena's deduction in first minutes < 3

and omfg what a weird episode but i love it < 3 and i don't get it, 1st story when Keichii killed Mion and Rena and now when Rena is innocent and Mion killed Keichii and everybody. big WTFF
Feb 24, 2010 3:54 PM
Feb 2010
Saviuz said:
My first guess was that everything was actually Shion's doing. She dressed up as Mion the whole time. So the one in the cell was Mion in fact. After the almost-torture scene, Shion killed Mion and threw her in the well. She dressed up as Shion again and got carried out by the cops.
A few days later she tried to kill Keiichi and eventually killed herself.

However the last scene destroyed my theory, since there are 2 things which don't fit in.
1. Takano was already dead, when they sneaked into the shrine. So who was that ("fake") Takano at that time?
2. Mion (or maybe Shion) showed up at the last seconds only to finally kill Keiichi, despite being dead already.

A third thing could be, that Shion shouldn't be able to know about the doll in the beginning.. but well, it's not impossible for her to know.

There's definitly something supernatural going on.

After thinking about it again, it looks like my theory is pretty stupid.
This Anime is just freaking complicated.

I remember that last scene in the hospital being A LOT creepier in the manga. O_O
Mar 16, 2010 5:30 PM

Aug 2009
Okay I'm gonna be honest with what I'm feeling right now!
first i'll admit that this has to be one of the cleverest, most intriguing and scariest anime ever!! It totally draws you in, you forget anything else that goes around you and personally I just can't get my eyes off the screen!!! Also this opening... OMG everytime I hear that my hair raises before I watch the episodes...
BUT! I don't know how to rate that show in my mind! I mean certainly I would put a 10 for the brilliant ideas and the suspence this show creates! And def I would put a 10 for the characters and the music.. but then again... enjoyment?!? yes ok i admit that i'm hooked each time i watch it, but i'm also totally repelled! i have watched thrillers before yes.. and bloodshed anime and movies, but geez i dunno there is something in this anime that crosses the line of okay for me and makes it kinda sick.. so i wouldn't say in the end i'm purely enjoying it... i kinda feel like throwing up sometimes, not so much from the obvious bloodshed, but from the extremely twisted characters and i'm still totally confused if i like this or not.
maybe i shouldn't even stress it that much right?... but it's the first time an anime does that to me and it's honestly trubling me! I'm in this episode now and I don't know If I should move on or not! Also I think I'm taking a looong break before I start the next story cycle... that's what i did between the first and this one.. i need to regain my sanity! After each episode I feel totally depressed! O.o
“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.”Akira Kurosawa
Mar 18, 2010 7:00 PM

Aug 2008
Amazing episode so much going on.

Mion and Shion. Just wow. Oh mai. Really enjoying this.
Mar 19, 2010 4:03 PM

Mar 2010
creepy ,confusing and interesting o_0

I love this anime
Mar 29, 2010 2:35 AM

Aug 2008

I'll go with your first theory for now. There has to be something that triggers this blood rage that I'm missing. I thought I was starting to figure things out until dead people started popping up alive. And as usual the cops are no help.
Mar 29, 2010 6:52 AM

Jan 2010
Another arc ended and more questions were raised.
Mar 30, 2010 12:23 PM

Jan 2010
i did soooo see the last scene coming,sorry :p

this episode wasn't as great as the first arc's ending,but it was still good :-)

next chapter sounds really promising :D
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Apr 14, 2010 9:36 AM

Jan 2010
Dead people walking? Maybe. Mion and Shion dead? Maybe.
Confused? Yes.
Apr 21, 2010 8:55 AM
Apr 2008
This was the most confusing episode of them all. I'm sorta glad that this arc is over with because it was really confusing. I can't wait to see the next arc.
Apr 22, 2010 1:50 PM

Feb 2010
Stupid me for thinking questions would actually be answered in this arc ^^
There are just more of them popping out every episode. But thats what i love about this series :)

Still the thing I wonder about the most is the scene at the beginning from the arc. After the first arc I though that at least this makes scene, always showing a part of the ending beforehand, but it seems the scene in the beginning is completely unrelated to the arc which kinda sucks :P
AlcoholicideApr 22, 2010 2:31 PM
I probably regret this post by now.
May 8, 2010 3:41 PM

Oct 2009
I think it was the last episode for me... story is going too slow and it wasn't intrested me so much. Maybe in next episodes action is moving faster but I'll never convince about this...
btw I really don't know why but whole this scary side of this show...I dont get it at all, maybe I am too old for this... ;S

//dropped
May 10, 2010 4:09 PM

Jan 2009
I'm wondering how Mion held Kei's hand down placed the nail on it AND swung the hammer on it with just 2 hands xD
Jun 12, 2010 6:08 PM

Jun 2009
WHAT. THE. FUCK.

So Mion was dead but she wasn't dead and oh yeah Shion was alvie but then dead anyway?!
And...Zombies?!!?
I thought the whole torture chamber thing was gonna be more gory but it really wasn't.

So we've had an arc with Rena as the killer, now one with Mion...does that mean Rika is next? O_O

Oh and the cops can't do SHIT. Oishi just fills everyone in on whats going on yet never does anything about it. And so much for police protection..jeesh.
Jun 13, 2010 10:33 PM

Jun 2009
I think it's Keichi all along. I've seen a movie like this, just can't remember I think it's some kind of movie where the main girl in the movie just ate mushroom that made her hallucinate, something where she killed all of her friends without realizing it cause of her hallucinations.

Probably, same thing happened to Keichi here, in this case, the Hanamizawa Syndrome kicked in and Keichi is the one killing them all along. Because you can't be serious, the dead walking? The first arc explained that there isn't really a curse but it's because of that syndrome. Also the cop asked him at the end that is he really stabbed by Mion? because she was dead all along and Shion died as well. Made me think that Keichi is the one who hurt himself but with those hallucinations, he thought it was Mion who is already dead in the first place. The last scene is probably another hallucination.

If not, then I'm mind f*cked right now. Kai has all the answers but yeah, that is just assumptions for now.
-QuasarJun 13, 2010 10:38 PM
Jul 2, 2010 1:29 AM

Dec 2009
So now the enemy is someone who can change its fae or something like that? WTF?
Jul 2, 2010 6:27 AM

Apr 2010
Woooooooow WTF? O.o What do we have here, zombies?? XD
Jul 7, 2010 12:18 AM

Mar 2010
That was one WEIRD episode..I mean first shion is the suspect, then mion is the killer, then keichi gets stabbed and shion falls from the hospital's room, then mion is dead in the well, takano is basicaly a ghost/zombie creature, keichi lives despite the injury but then mion appears from under the bed and BAM..The end...Is it me or this episode didn't make any any sense???And the next is a new arc.How will i ever understand??
Overall, i liked the first arc more because it was clear and simple.But this one was really something..
Aug 1, 2010 12:16 PM

May 2010
wtf, the last scene scared the hell out of me.
wasnt expecting that :S
Aug 2, 2010 6:11 AM

Aug 2009
I guess that i kinda understand what's going on without reading spoilers or anything like that.But , i'm not sure.

Aug 7, 2010 9:56 PM
Oct 2009
Whoa...what the hell just happened. There really are too many dead bodies walking around, though I'm satisfied that Keiichi figured it out, not to mention Rena isn't as psychotic as Mion here.

Anyone know what happened to that torture? if he was at the hospital and screamed, someone would have heard him.
Sep 3, 2010 11:02 AM
Jul 2010
Hey wait, Rika never stabbed herself to death. What happened to that?
Sep 12, 2010 6:50 PM

Dec 2009
I like the last episode of every arc & I do understand that they need to have previous episodes to build up to the finale. I just wish Higurashi did two things different.

One: You can show the same characters every ep, whatever, but show the stories from other people's point of view. It would feel less redundant.

Two: Change the arcs from 4 eps to 3 eps, they drag a bit at 4 eps.
Such junk...
Sep 20, 2010 4:51 PM

Sep 2010
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Stupid me for thinking questions would actually be answered in this arc ^^
There are just more of them popping out every episode. But thats what i love about this series :)

Still the thing I wonder about the most is the scene at the beginning from the arc. After the first arc I though that at least this makes scene, always showing a part of the ending beforehand, but it seems the scene in the beginning is completely unrelated to the arc which kinda sucks :P

I don't think that the scene at the beginning is completely unrelated. That could be how Rika died in this arc, since it never showed how Rika and Satoko died. But I could be wrong and it is completely unrelated or it will be explained later on.
RinsoraSep 20, 2010 4:55 PM
Oct 11, 2010 8:10 AM
Jul 2018
This was a pretty good arc, not as creepy as Rena's one, but hearing Chidori (from FMP) act like this...lol WTF!

5/5!
Oct 13, 2010 3:15 PM

Nov 2009
OMG Mion is crazy!!! an the ending really confused me!!! r there like triplets or something??? haha idk i didnt understand it but it was REALLY epic!!! poor ppl who died!!! idk how Keichii survived all that!!! one hit from a rock to my head would probably kill me there... but idk... and how could ppl not notice Mion in the hospital??? it didnt make seance but it was epic =)
Oct 14, 2010 10:48 PM

Mar 2010
Mions Laugh is r.r
did she ressurect

mion should have just tortured him from the start
and given in to the demon self

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 21, 2010 4:29 PM

Sep 2010
what the hell that was somewhat confusing. Not as well explained compared to the 1st arc, but good regardless.

no theory on what's actually happening. Guess I'll just keep watching to find out.

Oct 23, 2010 12:23 AM

Jun 2010
wait... what?! Those last few minutes were WAAAAY to fast to make ANY sense...
Oct 31, 2010 7:39 PM

Aug 2010
Very very confusing like the rest of you have said. Keiichi should seriously just move from that town -.-
Nov 11, 2010 11:19 AM

Jul 2009
I was thinking this arc wasn't going to be as good as the first one until the conclusion in this episode. Rena was unexpectedly forceful in this one and I was getting fairly confused with the whole Mion/Shion/Demon business. Gotta wait until the answer arcs for the real conclusion again ;o
Jan 22, 2011 7:44 AM

Oct 2010
this series is really getting good, i mean, all that violence and blood :D
wondering weather i will watch this ep again, just so that i understand a little bit more because i got a little confused.
Feb 12, 2011 11:42 PM

Nov 2010
Alright, Mion creeping up from under the bed and having hammer + nails along was just ridiculous. Rest of the episode was awesome, though.
Feb 15, 2011 9:09 PM

Oct 2010
Ignore me please...

thx ^^
choyosFeb 16, 2011 1:03 PM
huh?
Feb 15, 2011 10:00 PM

Jun 2009
choyos said:
ohh that demon was like trolololol at the end... ok so here is what i got so far
(spoiler tags just in case, even i haven't watch pass ep 8)

I don't think I'll keep watching after this as it started to bore me already = Where is the gore everyone is talking about? Its just blood and some pointy objects so far.

Yeah, don't go thinking you got the show figured out all ready. You are waaaaaay off.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 16, 2011 12:55 PM

Oct 2010
insan3soldiern said:

Yeah, don't go thinking you got the show figured out all ready. You are waaaaaay off.

oh a friend spoil some things for me... and things look a little more interesting ^^
choyosFeb 16, 2011 1:04 PM
huh?
Feb 17, 2011 5:38 AM

Dec 2010
Woah, mindfuuuuuck. I'm a bit worried that I 'm able to just accept that Mion can be both a dead body down a well AND have her body possessed by a demon...doublethink rocks :-D

I kept thinking "It's really Shion!" throughout this ep...still not sure why :-/
"Ah yes, the demon drink...'Nature's Alzheimer's' they call it"
Mar 29, 2011 10:33 PM

Feb 2010
So is Maebara gonna be killed at the end of each arc somehow? Poor dude.
And here I was freaking out cuz I thought he was gonna be crucified (in a sense). I stomach was twisting.
It's not breaking in if the door is unlocked.

Apr 8, 2011 4:13 AM

Mar 2008
-Quasar said:
I think it's Keichi all along. I've seen a movie like this, just can't remember I think it's some kind of movie where the main girl in the movie just ate mushroom that made her hallucinate, something where she killed all of her friends without realizing it cause of her hallucinations.

Probably, same thing happened to Keichi here, in this case, the Hanamizawa Syndrome kicked in and Keichi is the one killing them all along. Because you can't be serious, the dead walking? The first arc explained that there isn't really a curse but it's because of that syndrome. Also the cop asked him at the end that is he really stabbed by Mion? because she was dead all along and Shion died as well. Made me think that Keichi is the one who hurt himself but with those hallucinations, he thought it was Mion who is already dead in the first place. The last scene is probably another hallucination.

If not, then I'm mind f*cked right now. Kai has all the answers but yeah, that is just assumptions for now.

This is a really good theory, imo. If mion had already died and shion committed 'suicide' or homicide, then it can be either a demon or his hallucination...

Those stingers are killing me! I wish they'd stop lmao. And how about that 'walking down into the demon's torturing room'? It's like watching someone play fatal frame. lol
Apr 13, 2011 1:00 AM
Mar 2011
zZzZzZz...
May 17, 2011 5:47 AM

Nov 2010
i guess jealousy is greatest at twins , especially if they're girls
Jun 3, 2011 11:10 PM

Oct 2008
So.. is he goign to die like every arc?
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jul 5, 2011 12:00 PM
Jul 2010
Crap, if I was a bit confused before this, now I'm totally lost. Dead people murdering others? And not only that: Tanako, who supposedly burned to death, had a perfectly fine body while entering the shrine warehouse... Join the mindfuck to the absolute creepiness of Mion's facial expressions and this was absolutely terrifying. However, I'd like to feel scared or something but all I can feel is O_O.
Jul 6, 2011 3:41 AM

May 2008
This anime is not as gory as I thought it would be, I hardly got to see any blood in this arc. Also, so far, there's not much of a story: just a bunch of stupid lolis killing people. I hope it will make sense later.
Well, at least it's entertaining enough to make me keep watching it...
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

171 by Extremo888 »»
Mar 27, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 17, 2008

210 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

142 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Voltlighter - Dec 28, 2007

148 by Ratris_Decision »»
Feb 4, 12:14 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xo_cl2 - Jan 19, 2008

205 by josh_exe »»
Jan 26, 12:55 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.