Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Dive!! Episode 4 Discussion

Jul 27, 9:29 AM
News Team
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, that purple speedo....priceless.

I thought this episode was more humorous compared to the previous ones. Still, I think the episode did a better job than the previous episode at showing diving warm-ups rather than relying on dialogues.

A lot of training this episode. I assume at this pacing, they'll probably compete in the second half of the season.

Jul 27, 9:36 AM
News Team
Oh, that guy is from rival team (according to the special PV).

New thing to do during GW, which is to practice with other rivals.

His friends feel annoyed at diving with others with higher level...

His twin brother doesn't say anything against his "always diving" for some reason (probably because he saw that girl not painful anymore?).

4 different teams and one of them are the guy who challenged Sakurai-san's character. He has potential, but never won against him... lol @ "framing Jirou". Everyone has each of weird personalities.

lol @ that Sugita-san's character dueling against Sakura-san's character in anything. Then Aoi-san's character being the person to explain their relations.

The instruction caught the rival members attention on the main guy.

The main guy are his friends (or rather, everyone else) aim differently. They made him realize it.

25:05 next
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

Jul 27, 10:51 AM

Gintoki's voice actor. :D That voice and his character makes Yamada likeable. But he is so obsessed with Youichi.

The new characters introduced where funny and I kinda feel bad for that plain and boring character. Forgot his name >.<

Tomoki has improved a lot and the other characters are impressed by him. Unfortunately, his friends are clearly jealous. Saw that coming. They should've taken their training seriously.
"I want to become a steamed cheese roll"

Jul 27, 11:18 AM

SUGITA TOMOKAZU FTW, he literally carried this episode like a boss. XD

Anyway, pretty decent episode overall. Mostly just training with some new characters/rivals.

Brown haired dude got pissed at the end, drama incoming. Well, we all saw that coming let's hope for a good resolution.

Jul 27, 11:27 AM

The show keeps being a good one now. We got to see more divers in this episode and their antics were fun :D

Tomoki's friends finally snapped but really it's their own fault for not keeping up. Why should they be jealous when they didn't do shit themselves? Tomoki has nothing to blame himself for IMO.

Jul 27, 11:51 AM
Bluray list as 12 episodes, MAL mention 11 though I think it's full 12 and not 11 + OVA.
I'm so sad that it's so short. Dive is a very good Free! replacement for me. So after it end I've to wait for Hinomaru Zumou as next shirtless sports anime, I hope so...
Next episode Tomoki x Youichi in the rain. My wolf guy Okitsu needs to interact more with MDC members so that I can finally ship him with someone else (other than myself)

Jul 27, 1:37 PM

Nice episode to watch on my birthday :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jul 27, 8:11 PM

I dont know the anime feels so bland. Perhaps because characters are really bland? Feel like they are plain uninteresting, dont give off any charm. Also the anime h as no comedy so you can even laugh here and there unlike with other sports. And that animation jesus -_- If it at least made diving somewhat exciting, but action is just really really bland. I think i'm repeating myself lol.

Jul 27, 9:01 PM

Very good episode, however the drama would have been easily avoided if the coach said why she wouldnt teach them.

Jul 27, 10:28 PM
I loved this episode. Easily a 10/10. <3 That ending was sad.. :(
Tomo: I thought...I thought I really enjoyed diving. That's why I couldn't understand Ryo's sudden outburst... I couldn't understand what I did wrong. I didn't understand anything. The diving that I had loved so much...was now causing me so much pain.
^ It's sad... I feel that middle school is that phase of change for everyone. Ryo and Reiji didn't work as hard as Tomo and they're not double-jointed, so they're jealous that Tomo is progressing. Instead of being supportive friends, they're honest about being jealous, and wanting to be #1. It's sad that Tomo grew close to Ryo and Reiji through diving, but they're growing apart because of diving... :( This reminds me of what happened in other anime, like Kuroko's Basketball. </3 Although Ryo said, "It's always the idiot who says it's all about friendship who wins in the manga and movies," I have faith that their friendship will be restored... So what if Tomo is that idiot? :-) Tomo is working hard, and enjoys diving. I really hope Ryo and Reiji will eventually accept their jealously, and support Tomo as friends and fellow divers. :) It would be nice if like Pinky, Ryo and Reiji see Tomo as their motivation in diving. <3

I lol-ed at Pinky's pink speedo, and his persistent claims that he will beat Yoichi. I lol-ed the most at that flashback of Pinky getting nervous and falling flat into the pool, during their diving competition the previous year! XD I like that Yoichi doesn't go easy on Pinky. :) Pinky wouldn't like it if Yoichi didn't work as hard just so Pinky would win - Pinky would want to win through his own strength. Anyway, I hope we see Pinky again soon. I enjoyed how extra he was. <33

I lol-ed at "He keeps failing and failing, hitting the water hard. By the end of a competition, his body is bright red like fire. And that's where his nickname Fire Jiro actually comes from." XD LOL!! Anyone would have assumed at first, that Jiro's nickname probably came from his intensity or his spins... :P Fire Jiro, it was nice to meet you!

Awe, poor Matsuno kept getting his name forgotten by Asaki. xDD I like that Matsuno acknowledges that he lacks presence; that he lacks charisma. Although, I do hope Matsuno's perception of himself changes. The words you say about yourself, do have an impact on you. If Matsuno starts to believe he can be more than second place, then he could truly go further. :)

Tsuji's dive was beautiful, but I think it was forgettable... I feel that his presence is missing.

I loved that the beginning of the episode resumed to Yoichi and Pinky's meeting. LOL that Yoichi simply walked past Pinky. :P It was also nice to hear Hiro say, "Well, good luck," instead of a comment regarding Tomo's lack of time spent with Miu... It's great to see a sibling's support. :) And Shibuki still needs to work on his entries... Maybe Shibuki's just not used to practicing his dives with so many people? Maybe it was crowded with four more people present. xP Although, it would be cool if Jiro and Shibuki become friends later. :)

Can I call Yoichi and Pinky friends?? Besides competing with each other in the pool through diving, they even 'competed' on land! One-hand push-ups, foot races, who could stay in the sauna longer, weight lifting, arm wrestling, and even thumb wrestling!! XD I want to think that Yoichi and Pinky made plans to hang out, but Pinky probably just found Yoichi like he did during their dramatic meeting last episode, and challenged Yoichi every time... :P It's actually nice of Yoichi to listen to Pinky and even go along with his 'competitions,' even though Yoichi doesn't look motivated or very interested, lol.

It was cute that Tomo received the "seal of approval" from Yoichi, haha! XD Only three words can mean so much: "He's got promise." :)

I'm looking forward to the episode where we'll see these lovely divers at the Beijing camp! And Pinky will shake hands with pandas, lol.

Once again, I love the opening and ending theme songs. <33 They make me feel happy and calm. :)

UrbanJahts said:
Nice episode to watch on my birthday :)
Really? Happy birthday! :D
phantomfandom said:
Next episode Tomoki x Youichi in the rain. My wolf guy Okitsu needs to interact more with MDC members so that I can finally ship him with someone else (other than myself)
I HOPE SO! Tomo and Yoichi in the rain would be nice to see! :D And LOL, your comment in the brackets made me chuckle. xD Let's hope Shibuki interacts with the other divers more often! Going over to Tomo or Yoichi's house would make me happy. Not sure who I'd want to ship Shibuki with, too… Fire Jiro seems like the closest person??

Jul 28, 5:21 AM
Pinky might still has a chance to win against Youichi if he challenge him to 'size comparison'. Or may be he already done that and lose?

Jul 28, 6:33 AM
Matsuno deserves some love! Everyone forgot him, this is so unfair it makes me cry! Lol

Tomoki deserves better friends than that. Fake friends suck, I know from experience. Can't wait till he becomes friends with the other divers that will participate in the Olympics and forget about them.

Jul 28, 6:42 AM
JOELbedulla said:
Matsuno deserves some love! Everyone forgot him, this is so unfair it makes me cry! Lol

Tomoki deserves better friends than that. Fake friends suck, I know from experience. Can't wait till he becomes friends with the other divers that will participate in the Olympics and forget about them.

Have you seen the movie or read the novel the anime is based on?

Jul 28, 6:45 AM
'Twas was a very good episode! Dive!! keeps getting better with every passing episode and that's a wonderful sign. Ending of the episode was depressing though, screw fake friends. The trainees invited were rather interesting and therefore all the more better. Matsuno really deserves some more praise though, like seriously lol. Can't wait to see how it progresses from here on even though I'm well aware that a lot of drama is to unfold, however so far I reckon Drama is what was dragging this show down in the first place. Speaking of Drama, I wonder if Miu will receive more screentime as the show goes on. I really hope it does considering the main character accepts her for who she is. Well, here's to hoping for the best nonetheless.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto... ­čśť

Jul 28, 7:24 AM
This anime is getting more and more Underrated.

Jul 28, 8:02 AM
leelee619 said:
JOELbedulla said:

Have you seen the movie or read the novel the anime is based on?

No, I'm only judging by the anime. Friends that get jealous of you are never good friends, that's for sure

Jul 28, 12:02 PM
Zero-G Studios should have put more effort in their animation, especially with the diving sequences.

-sigh- I kinda feel bad for saying that, but Dive!! is still lacking.
Anime of the Season: Mahoutsukai no Yome
Special Mention: Net-juu no Susume
Cute Girls Doing Cute Things of the Season: Blend S
Sequel of the Season: Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara

Jul 28, 12:09 PM
JOELbedulla said:
Matsuno deserves some love! Everyone forgot him, this is so unfair it makes me cry! Lol.

Yeah, especially when I found out that his seiyuu also voiced Kuroko from Kuroko no Baske.

Anime of the Season: Mahoutsukai no Yome
Special Mention: Net-juu no Susume
Cute Girls Doing Cute Things of the Season: Blend S
Sequel of the Season: Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara

Jul 29, 6:38 AM

"Nothing about me is special. I'm so boring. I'm like air... nobody sees me." - Matsuno

I think I found my fave character in the show. Lmfao. Well, this was a fun episode compared to the previous ones. I really enjoyed this one, and I love the new characters especially Pinky. Hahah.

Poor Sakai. :/

P.S. I prefer Shibuki's hair like this. Omfg. So handsome.

Is it just me or Fujitani's head is too small for his body? Hehehe.

Yet again, this was a good episode better than the former.
Modified by TheDoggoneGirl, Jul 29, 8:07 AM
"NNAAAA~ NNAAAA~ NNAAAA~ NNAAAA~"
NANACHI (MADE IN ABYSS), 2017

Jul 29, 9:47 AM
This episode was really fun than the previous episodes. I'm glad that this anime is taking a good turn.
The way Minato acknowledges the reason everyone can't notice him is funny. But I can feel him.

Jul 29, 10:22 AM

Still wondering why it looks like they have frozen water on their body... it's a weird shiny effect...

Jul 29, 10:51 AM

The guys that came to practice with the team are funny lol

Jul 29, 8:10 PM

I'm calling it

It's so obvious that the MC is gonna get NTR'd lol

His brother asking his schedules was so out of character and the fact that MC is taking her GF for granted GG he deserves it

Jul 29, 11:56 PM

BLERGH!!! too much drama again!
2/5.

Jul 30, 8:14 AM

Jeez... those two boys didn't follow through with the coach's training menu and want to get all jealous when they see that the MC has improved. They are also always counting on Fujitani instead of trying to get better. =_=;;

Funny episode but got a bit dramatic at the end

Jul 30, 1:49 PM
When people mention that the anime got kind of dramatic I honestly wonder: what's wrong with that? I like drama in sports anime.

Jul 31, 10:25 AM

Those other guys are some cool dudes, hopefully we will see them again. And lol, dat pink speedo.

Decent episode overall.
"Are my father and little brother dead too?"

"What does that matter? We were talking about One Piece."

Aug 1, 1:02 PM
Sanji Fangirl

Matsuno is now my favorite XD

I kinda wish they didn't animate those sparkly shiny parts of their body. It makes them look like Twilight vampires.

Aug 10, 6:05 PM

His friends werent really his friends in the beginning

Aug 20, 7:22 AM

Why would they be jealous when they didn't even taking training seriously. I was hoping the coach would lash burn them but she didn't

Sep 17, 3:31 PM

Fire Jiro is a cool nickname :D and I laugh when he looked at Okitsu all sparkly like he was saying "At least I'm not the only one who gets the back red" or something XD

I am starting to like Toshihiko X3 Not only because of the voice actor, but also that Toshihijo seems like a fun type and very friendly guy ^^ I like it <3

Cool episode :D ... hope that threat doesn't get to Tomoki :I Ryou, you bully! You went too far!