Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 26, 2017 8:57 PM

Oct 2014
I don't see how it's possible to dislike rap in 2017 as there's a sub genre I believe for every single person b. It's wild but I honestly believe that. If you say no I can find a track I think you'd like
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 26, 2017 9:03 PM

Dec 2015
Yeah. I used to basically force myself into not liking it, but eventually, I just gave up and let it happen.
Eh.
Jul 26, 2017 9:19 PM

Jan 2017
mochakawaiibear said:
I don't see how it's possible to dislike rap in 2017 as there's a sub genre I believe for every single person b. It's wild but I honestly believe that. If you say no I can find a track I think you'd like

????????

rap fucking suck. its not coherent.. its just a bunch of individuals spewing out whatever they like over bass that numbs my ear drums. classical is way better than rap. it is only for intelligent people, not for those who are "wild".
Jul 26, 2017 9:20 PM

Jun 2016
There is one rapper I happen to like...MoonMan

Jul 26, 2017 9:32 PM

Oct 2014
@p0ckyy well, i as a fellow intelluctual, have come to to realize rap is indeed the pinnacle of instrumentation
Jul 26, 2017 9:32 PM

Oct 2015
Oh really? You really think you can find a rap song thats not total shite?
Here's my youtube liked vids, most of it is music:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=LLFb9ZDptxj1qnk8LxMO9NDw
OutlawedDrifterJul 26, 2017 10:04 PM
The peasant is bound by the king. The king is bound by the peasants and their kingdom. But the Viking is bound to nothing but themselves.

Jul 26, 2017 9:38 PM

Jan 2017
mochakawaiibear said:
@p0ckyy well, i as a fellow intelluctual, have come to to realize rap is indeed the pinnacle of instrumentation

how is rap the pinnacle of instrumentation? high hats, snares, heavy bass with lyrics about cars, money, hoes? about 90% of rap today is based off the same themes. xans, lean, shoot ppl, run up on a person. does not seem like the height of instrumentation. seems like a boisterous attempt at masculinity.
Jul 26, 2017 10:22 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I used to avoid rap like the plague just so I wouldn't seem like a stereotypical black person.
Meanwhile, I found a lot of rap songs which featured some thought provoking lyrics and really go against what the expectation of rap really is. Now here I am today, listening to classical music RIGHT NOW but also typing about rap music. I decided that I wasn't going to avoid what is in some cases a part of my culture just because some ignorant people haven't taken the time to explore the genre and still carry with them the idea that all rap is gangster rap.
Actually, I found that rap is one of the best genres for getting your message out.

Admittedly, I feel like it's hard for some people to grasp rap lyrics because they haven't lived them. Like, there's a certain rap song which comes off as someone wanting to just smoke weed, but it's actually describing a life in which they feel it's safer to hole themselves up smoking weed as opposed to hitting the streets full of black on black violence. Then the very next verse is from the perspective of one of those who are ready to commit black on black violence. There are a lot of rap songs like this actually, but to many, all they pick up is that the song is violent "trash" --"another song about money, killing, and hoes". Like, so many rap songs are outlining problems in society (especially within their own culture). There's so much good stuff; it's a shame folks aren't listening close enough-- or they only listen to the rap on the radio.;;

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Jul 26, 2017 10:47 PM

Feb 2013
The Native Tongue family and everyone they birthed are the greatest thing to happen to music since Santana.

Jul 26, 2017 10:49 PM
Jun 2015
I like Eminem, but literally that's it.

Maybe a lil bit of Kevin gates too.
Jul 26, 2017 10:51 PM

Jul 2017
if it doesn't contain profanity and just trash-talk whine.
And it's something along the line of Subterranean Homesick Blues.
or just this, it's great
Jul 26, 2017 11:08 PM
Aug 2016
It's not my type of music genre, but I don't hate it.
Jul 26, 2017 11:08 PM

Jan 2013
I find it boring since I started listening to rock and metal. I like only 2pac and Eminem now.
Jul 27, 2017 12:14 AM

Sep 2013
I do listen to quite a bit of rap myself but often it's mainly korean or japanese rap usually because I prefer the background music they choose to work with. With english rap I mainly just listen to Tyler, Domo Genesis and the other artists in Odd Future.
Jul 27, 2017 12:16 AM

Nov 2014
Rap is probably the only music I can't stand. Sounds bad and text is usually annoying.
Jul 27, 2017 12:21 AM

Jan 2017
Nicky minaj is the only rappist i like lol
Jul 27, 2017 12:25 AM
Aug 2016
It all depends on some rappers. The rappers that I mainly like are MF Doom, Earl Sweatshirt, Tyler the Creator, Kendrick Lamar (his older music is better. DAMN is good, but nobody can top good kid, m.a.a.d city Kendrick), $UICIDEBOY$, Pouya and much more to name...
Jul 27, 2017 12:37 AM
Jul 2017
Yes I am! Back in 90's I remember how crazy I am in rap especially on P.Diddy. And I m a great fan!
Jul 27, 2017 3:31 AM

Jun 2016
Well, I heavily dislike this new-school stuff that they try to pass as hip-hop, but I live and die for old-school rap and hip-hop in general. The Fu-Schnickens are the greatest thing to ever happen to rap.
Jul 27, 2017 4:09 AM

Dec 2015
Yep! Rap is one of my most favourite music genre and I usually find it incredibly ignorant when someone would trash talk for the most incredibly stupidest reasons such as "NOWAdaY RaP iS ShIT, aLll TheY tAKlk aBouT Is SEXX aNd dRugss AND GunNNNs" and just blatantly generalize the entirety of the genre despite its subcultures and the different modifications to rap, it's not easy to bash such a diverse genre. It's like shitting on Rock or Pop, it comes in many forms, not just mainstream wise.

Though my favourite rappers are Kendrick Lamar, Childish Gambino, Vince Staples, Earl sweatshirt, Tyler the creator, Bryson tiller, J cole and a few more but I can't be bothered to name.
Why yu gettin' cheeky? (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 27, 2017 4:09 AM

Jul 2013
Terkhev said:
Rap is probably the only music I can't stand. Sounds bad and text is usually annoying.

I really don't how someone can dislike an entire genre. I mean, come on, the genre is so diverse in sound these days, i'm sure you'd find a couple artists to your liking. To blatantly dismiss an entire genre is somewhat ignorant, especially because you likely haven't listened to many different artists if you're giving such a blanket statement. At least, that's how it comes across.

As for me, I really enjoy rap. There's tons of the different styles in the game, and as someone who is really diverse in music taste, this genre offers alot. My favorite artists currently include, Roy Woods, xxxTentacion, Uzi, Big Sean, Young Thug, Eminem.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Jul 27, 2017 4:13 AM

Apr 2017
Yes. But I can't stand this modern mumble-rap that kids are listening to nowadays...
Jul 27, 2017 4:14 AM

Dec 2015
Fuchsia said:
Terkhev said:

I really don't how someone can dislike an entire genre. I mean, come on, the genre is so diverse in sound these days, i'm sure you'd find a couple artists to your liking. To blatantly dismiss an entire genre is somewhat ignorant, especially because you likely haven't listened to many different artists if you're giving such a blanket statement. At least, that's how it comes across.

As for me, I really enjoy rap. There's tons of the different styles in the game, and as someone who is really diverse in music taste, this genre offers alot. My favorite artists currently include, Roy Woods, xxxTentacion, Uzi, Big Sean, Young Thug, Eminem.

OMG yes, how could I forget xxxTentacion, his music is fantastic. I don't understand how people could say he only shouts in his music when a lot of his songs he's peaceful in lmao
Why yu gettin' cheeky? (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 27, 2017 4:18 AM

Jul 2013
Cinnamon_Pramma said:
Fuchsia said:

OMG yes, how could I forget xxxTentacion, his music is fantastic. I don't understand how people could say he only shouts in his music when a lot of his songs he's peaceful in lmao

Oath, my favorite song of his, is the recent "Garette's Revenge", which is quite a slow and emotion packed. But to be fair, he does have quite a few songs where he is nigh yelling.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Jul 27, 2017 4:43 AM

Jun 2016
It's Kanye West who made me like rap, so yes.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jul 27, 2017 5:16 AM
Jul 2018
I can tolerate some rap, but I don't enjoy it. The only genre that's worse is raggae. Jfc, even EDM has more redeeming qualities
Jul 27, 2017 5:25 AM

Nov 2014
Fuchsia said:
Terkhev said:

Let's just say it this way: I've never heard rap music I liked and I'm not interested in music enough to go out of my way looking for one or two artists that I could like.
It's like saying I can't dislike guro hentai because there might be some fappable titles.

Topic asks "Do you?" and I answer "No" :P
JustAnotherShiroJul 27, 2017 5:34 AM
Jul 27, 2017 5:31 AM

Feb 2013
If the song it's catchy and I understand what he's saying I dig it bruh.
Jul 27, 2017 5:34 AM

Apr 2016
Not too much, but if it's something like this then yes.

you know...memes.
Jul 27, 2017 5:40 AM

Mar 2017
mochakawaiibear said:
it's very possible because of this mumbo jumbo mumble rap bullshit thats been coming out these days. Old hip hop heads like me do not like whatever is coming out these days what is a lil yacht? What is an "Uzi Vert"? Why the number 21?
Jul 27, 2017 5:40 AM

Jul 2013
Terkhev said:
Fuchsia said:

Let's just say it this way: I've never heard rap music I liked and I'm not interested in music enough to go out of my way looking for one or two artists that I could like.
It's like saying I can't dislike guro hentai because there might be some fappable titles.

Topic asks "Do you?" and I answer "No". Obviously I wouldn't go to some rap forum and try to prove anything with my limited knowledge on this topic.

But that's kind of what I don't understand, I'm not tryna flame you for not liking my favorite genre, but given how diverse it is to not like it in its entirely is ludicrous to me. For example, you have street rappers like Youngboy who produces exclusively the type of shit you'd expect (catchy beat, with incoherent lyrics). On the other hand, there's someone like Kendrick who releases more lyrics focuses music. And again, there's also artists like Drake or The Weekend, who's songs are more catchy, with some decent lyrics in between.

And these are only some of the different sub genre within the broader genre, there's a ton more different styles and sounds. It's whatever though :J

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Jul 27, 2017 5:52 AM

Aug 2013
I'm pretty selective, but yeah there's definitely good rap out there. I enjoy artists like A Tribe Called Quest, Beastie Boys, Slick Rick, Public Enemy, Madvillain. I've always been more of a pre-tryhard/hardcore eastcoast hip hop guy, that emphasized clever/conscious and more light-hearted lyrics and beats over being seen as badass, etc.

The distinction isn't as noticeable as it was before, because almost everyone wants to tell you how rich, swagger, and badass they are these days, but there's still good hip hop bands and artists out there and focus on the poetry and the more worthwhile topics to rap about.
Jul 27, 2017 6:03 AM
Jul 2018
yeah i do

its just that i cant stand others trying to be hip about it.
Jul 27, 2017 6:17 AM

Jan 2016
I grew to like rap music again this past few months and now it's primarily the genre I listen to. LIL UZI VERT IS NOW MY GOD
Jul 27, 2017 6:39 AM

Dec 2014
It's one of my favourite genres, so yeah.
Today they say you're crazy, tomorrow they will say you're a genious.
Jul 27, 2017 7:14 AM

Feb 2017
There isn't a lot of genres that I don't like since I'm pretty open minded when it comes to music. My favorite rapper is definitely Kendrick Lamar and I like Eminem too
Jul 27, 2017 8:08 AM

Dec 2011
I like some rap music but I think most rap music aren't good though.
Jul 27, 2017 8:50 AM

Jun 2015
Yeah, my dude.

Love me that hippity hop.
The beat don't stop.
Clean this mess with a mop.
My top is a crop.
This flow I will not drop.
Look out there's a cop.
This rhyme should be on kids bop.
I swear it wouldn't flop.
It would make a brony clop.

yuh ayy yuh

Jul 27, 2017 10:01 AM

Oct 2014
VIKINGUBERMENSCH said:
Oh really? You really think you can find a rap song thats not total shite?
Here's my youtube liked vids, most of it is music:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=LLFb9ZDptxj1qnk8LxMO9NDw
hmm maybe you'd like this
Jul 27, 2017 10:05 AM

Sep 2009
Well, they can be quite entertaining
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Jul 27, 2017 10:07 AM

Apr 2011
When I was teenager, sure, I was into rap, but not anymore. I just realize its bunch idiots throwing words together.

blacks = sports and music (lol).
Jul 27, 2017 10:13 AM
Jun 2014
I love modern rap and hip hop but if you've never listened to Rakim, Big Daddy Kane or Afrika Bambaataa I don't rate you.
'The way of the wang is long...and hard'
Jul 27, 2017 10:15 AM

Mar 2017
I made rap music in the past but today i don't identify with this music anymore.
Jul 27, 2017 12:09 PM

Aug 2013
p0ckyy said:
. classical is way better than rap. it is only for intelligent people, not for those who are "wild".
Classical is brainless feel good bourgeious music for aristocrats.

What classical music talks about the ills of alcohol addiction like Kendrick Lamar's swimming pools?

What classical music allows the singer to lyrically reminisce about his past life in his neighborhood and beginning his singing career, cope with a friend's death, think about how to move forward in life (keep on taking pills to stay healthy, keep on making money even though I could get robbed, go back to school like mama told me) like Chance's Acid Rain?

What classical music talks about ethnic conflict like Nas , Damien Marley's Tribal war.

Stop only listening to mainstream rap on the radio.
Jul 27, 2017 12:47 PM

May 2016
i like old wiz and mac.
i like the Weeknd and Chance's new stuff.
thats about all the rap i listen to.

maybe some old drake if im feelin the feels. usually not tho
Jul 27, 2017 12:51 PM

Jan 2017
DrGeroCreation said:
Classical is brainless feel good bourgeious music for aristocrats.

What classical music talks about the ills of alcohol addiction like Kendrick Lamar's swimming pools?

if u honestly had the choice to become an aristocrat, or an individual with a problem with drugs, i'm pretty sure u would chose the former. do u know how hard it is to live with a drug problem? why listen to something that has nothing to relate to or deal with ur life? is it cause everyone thinks its cool? do u just want to be viewed as "cool" by everyone else?

DrGeroCreation said:

Stop only listening to mainstream rap on the radio.

>refers to kendrick lamar and chance the rapper
>kek

p0ckyyJul 27, 2017 1:01 PM
Jul 27, 2017 12:54 PM

Jun 2014
Imagine not liking hip hop, GOAT genre.
Jul 27, 2017 1:01 PM

Aug 2013
@p0ckyy First of all Swimming Pools is about alcohol not drugs. Secondly listening to a song about the negative effects about something like drugs by someone addicted to it will make me stare clear of it. Thirdly I don't transpose myself into the people I'm listening to.

p0ckyy said:
why listen to something that has nothing to relate to or deal with ur life?
Why listen to Wagner Ride of the Valkyries when it has nothing to do with your life or any other classical piece for that matter?

Why watch EVA? It has nothing to do with your life?

Both aren't really mainstream like Drake, Lil Wayne and don't represent mainstream rap.
DrGeroCreationJul 27, 2017 1:06 PM
Jul 27, 2017 1:21 PM

Apr 2017

90's and early 2000's is wut I'm talkin bout.
Jul 27, 2017 1:21 PM

Jan 2017
DrGeroCreation said:
@p0ckyy First of all Swimming Pools is about alcohol not drugs. Secondly listening to a song about the negative effects about something like drugs by someone addicted to it will make me stare clear of it. Thirdly I don't transpose myself into the people I'm listening to.

p0ckyy said:
why listen to something that has nothing to relate to or deal with ur life?
Why listen to Wagner Ride of the Valkyries when it has nothing to do with your life or any other classical piece for that matter?

Why watch EVA? It has nothing to do with your life?

Both aren't really mainstream like Drake, Lil Wayne and don't represent mainstream rap.

1. ok i dont know where you're from or your definition of drugs, alcohol is classified as a drug. its intended use is to alter one's state of mind

2. how hard is it to stare away from something?

3.fair point

4. hell yea classical relates to my life. i hear adventure, intellect, math equations, logic, grandeur that relate to my life

5. the psychological and emotional take-away from the series i can relate to

6.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coloring_Book_(mixtape)#Charts
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damn_(Kendrick_Lamar_album)#Charts
seems pretty mainstream to me
p0ckyyJul 27, 2017 1:33 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Global enviroment ( comments )

SyrupPastryNice - Yesterday

13 by Zarutaku »»
10 minutes ago

» Is this forum dead? It seems like it.

DesuMaiden - 12 hours ago

20 by N1ghtsh4de »»
58 minutes ago

Poll: » Have you ever tried to write fanfiction?

TheBlockernator - Aug 11, 2022

49 by Spunkert »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Which decade was the worst? ( 1 2 )

H-A-M-M-Y - Mar 27

71 by Ayumu0Kun »»
2 hours ago

» what is your favorite ice cream flavor? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Apr 5

64 by Spunkert »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.