Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 26, 2017 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Now this is getting more interesting for the current arc. Scenario 407...

I guess they wanted to explore the foundation of Sakurada including the first ability users. Hitsuchi's message to Kei is interesting but the way he responded was a blend between tense and casual.

Jul 26, 2017 8:58 AM

Nov 2007
Continuing with weird situations that they also get involved.

Phone call about the weird situations. The association afraid of abilities overload?

The story of the missing scenario. An ability to help forgotten? and young witch. He wants the ability to be forgotten from other ability users. She predicts that a baby between him and his wife would born...

He remembers her from 2 years ago, and she told him about these weird situations!

She enters the high school in order to delete people's abilities... Wow, she already got "Oka Eri" to delete her ability of seeing future!!

She instructed him to give his favorite book to Reset girl. He's honest that he's tired but must complete his mission.

The girl from previous arc and Chiru Chiru in the dream got locked by the association, except for the bird. So that mysterious guy is the child of the couple in the past talk (same last name)??
tsubasaloverJul 26, 2017 4:06 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 26, 2017 10:00 AM

Jun 2015
The scene in the store was weird. Everyone was laughing. The Bureau is confused about it. Got to learn about how the Bureau was established and the first three ability users. They want to make everyone forget about abilities. It seems Sumire died for Kei and that she made all those voice mails two years ago. Things are getting more interesting.
Jul 26, 2017 10:10 AM

Jul 2014
Interesting episode once again, with the plot thickening in lots of ways and Kei starting to just be worn down by everything. Hell, he even showed emotion for once, so that speaks volumes for the stress he is under because of everything happening around him since Soma was resurrected.
Jul 26, 2017 10:31 AM

Aug 2013
I started laughing at the supermarket scene, wtf.

A bit of the past and info on the Bureau's foundation. Kei is starting to feel the stress now and it seems Sumire died for him.

tsubasalover said:
So that mysterious guy is the child of the couple in the past talk??

Or it could be Kei. Plot twist??

Jul 26, 2017 11:24 AM

Jan 2015
That creepy laughing "syndrome" at the supermarket, somehow feels perfect at the moment for both Kei and Haruki. >_<
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jul 26, 2017 1:29 PM

Dec 2013
Hrm.... Urachi Masamune, potentially the child of the original ability users from 40 years back.
But still this doesn't explain why Soma had to kill herself off two years back.

The plot thickens, yes, but it seems that more mysteries have been unearthed.
And whats with Soma now referring to herself as the Witch when she knows of the plot to render all abilities null? Potential spoiler for how this arc ends, eh? XD
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jul 26, 2017 5:07 PM

Mar 2014
Sorreh said:
This show deserve a better rating, it's a shame to see others anime like eromanga, busou shoujo, rokudenashi to be higher. I find it way better than kakegurui wich is one of the most popular show of this summer

The rating on MAL doesn't mean anything. I like this anime because you need some braincells to understand the story and what's going.
But i guess(!) the majority of MAL just needs something like clear paths.....when they don't need to think but just to watch. Every details must be thrown to them that they can understand the content. Not really sure about if it's right.

One it's for sure: This anime is hidden diamond ;)
Jul 26, 2017 5:14 PM

Mar 2017
It was a pretty good episode I guess, though the laughing thing was weird. Also, am I the only one struggling to keep up with all the characters that haven't shown up for ages now? I mean, I kinda remember Oka Eri but not much of anything about her ability, but who was that guy on the phone with Kei talking about Sumire? And whatever happened to that blonde megane girl from that epic scene in episode four?
Jul 26, 2017 6:59 PM

Jan 2016
I must say that this show is getting interesting and this is the first time we see Kei got emotional. I wonder how the current arc will turn out
Jul 26, 2017 7:45 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
The plot twists in this episode blew my mind O_O And I feel like Kei is the kid of those 2 founders and thus I have a strange feeling that the secretary and her boss are said parents (Either that or the boss is the kid)
Jul 26, 2017 9:08 PM

Feb 2016
damn the info dump and lot of revelations on this episode! Kei is having some good development on this arc... can't wait for next week

Sorreh said:
This show deserve a better rating, it's a shame to see others anime like eromanga, busou shoujo, rokudenashi to be higher. I find it way better than kakegurui wich is one of the most popular show of this summer.

Yeah, its sad to see that this show has a 6.59 rating atm, it deserves quite better, but I agree with what @funnuRunny says, this show really needs braincells to be appreciated.

I'm starting to think that Kakegurui is getting really overhyped, I lost my interest after 4 episodes, will still watching to see how it ends, but just that, just a Overhyped show more :-/
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jul 26, 2017 10:16 PM

Jul 2016
Sorreh said:
This show deserve a better rating, it's a shame to see others anime like eromanga, busou shoujo, rokudenashi to be higher. I find it way better than kakegurui wich is one of the most popular show of this summer.

It was weird and funny.

I either love or really like all the shows you mentioned besides Kakeguri, which I just simply like. I do agree that Sakurada Reset should have a higher score, but I can see the issues people have with it. It is slow and likes to provide information that sometimes just confuses you for no good reason, but my own personal score is definitely going up though.

Jul 27, 2017 1:07 AM
Jun 2011
L-Ryoshi said:
Hrm.... Urachi Masamune, potentially the child of the original ability users from 40 years back.

The plot thickens, yes, but it seems that more mysteries have been unearthed.
And whats with Soma now referring to herself as the Witch when she knows of the plot to render all abilities null? Potential spoiler for how this arc ends, eh? XD
she called herself the witch since like the one from before she also have future predictig abillity
Jul 27, 2017 3:37 AM

Mar 2013
So every piece is coming together one by one.

I thought the teacher in charge of Kei's club was the child of that couple based on his looks but turns out, it was the director of bureau himself.

I wonder what Kei found about Soma's reason of committing suicide :(
Pretty sad she lost her ability now.

Poor Honoka and Chiruchiru tho :(
Jul 27, 2017 3:44 AM

Nov 2016
Pretty interesting episode, especially the part about the barrier and the foundation of the Bureau in the flashback. If Masamune really is the child of those people which were shown in the past, then I think one can already draw conclusions about his motivation to erase abilities in Sakurada.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 27, 2017 5:11 AM

Nov 2009
Almost every time Souma appears on the screen, she gets progressively more miserable. She committed suicide for Kei's sake? And she's now throwing away her name (asking to be called Witch)? Damn, girl.

What's more, with the reveal of when exactly she left those voice messages for Kei, the most dreadful case is pretty much proven. To be exact, from

a. the messages were recorded by the Souma before her death (should we call her the real Souma now?)
b. when the current Souma was asked if she told Kei anything, she answered negative and it wasn't a lie

it pretty much follows that the original Souma (before the suicide) and the current Souma (copy) are two different Soumas, that's why the copy's answer wasn't a lie as it wasn't the copy who gave Kei the info but the original, and the two are not the same... It's just heartbreaking, really.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jul 27, 2017 5:42 AM
Apr 2014
L-Ryoshi said:

Remember the previous episode when Masamune asked Soma if she told Kei to go to the place where the car accident occurred and she said no. Sakuin-san said she wasn't lying. That's because the previous Soma (the one that died) has send theses messages, not the current one. She doesn't want the Bureau to find out about her plot (whatever that is). That's probably why she killed herself.
Jul 27, 2017 7:52 AM
Jul 2018
The part where Kei expressed his stress in front of Haruki just made me sad. And that glass break tho, my heart kept beating fastly for some seconds.
I recently saw that article about the hits and misses of spring 2017 and honestly I'm so FUCKING pissed at seeing Sakurada Reset in the misses. Gdi man.
Jul 28, 2017 1:54 AM

Jan 2015
Finally caught up on it. I couldnt watch more than 1 episode per week since i felt really sleepy and would go to be immediately, today i managed to watch 2 episodes without falling asleep. WORLD RECORD.
Btw sellout is real
Jul 28, 2017 3:00 AM

Jan 2013
Fantastic episode, I like how things are coming together. Hopefully it really pays off.
I can't see it getting into the more fundamental questions of why and how humans got or always had abilities. In this episode it appears that this only goes back less than 100 years and implies that everyone in the world has abilities but only people in this town remembers that they do. Quite a weird situation to begin with. How that can really be explained in the universe. Some of them are strange and esoteric. I don't expect this to pull off a Shinsekai Yori and be able to answer the most foundational of this world's mysteries, but if it did that would be amazing.
Jul 28, 2017 5:42 AM

May 2017
Leo_10 said:
I started laughing at the supermarket scene, wtf.

A bit of the past and info on the Bureau's foundation. Kei is starting to feel the stress now and it seems Sumire died for him.

tsubasalover said:
So that mysterious guy is the child of the couple in the past talk??

Or it could be Kei. Plot twist??

That's the guy himself I think, he stopped his aging genes maybe?

And yeah interesting theory Leo, the guy is Kei, his wife is Haruki, the other one is Soma
Jul 28, 2017 6:02 AM

May 2017
This could be very well like be like the plot of

https://myanimelist.net/manga/77993/Kono_Shima_ni_wa_Midara_de_Jaaku_na_Mono_ga_Sumu

Where everyone gets resurrected in other peoples bodies
Jul 28, 2017 9:33 AM

Jun 2015
L-Ryoshi said:
Because this current Soma consider herself to be a different person than the dead/real soma. The real soma is dead. Right now she's just a witch, a.k.a someone who lost her own life to become a "nameless system" for the sake of sakurada maybe? This is interesting. Originally, most of us all thought that soma killed herself to get out of the Bureau's grip, so she can live her own life and create her own plot. But now we find out that she's killed herself for Kei and became a witch by her own will. She probably kill herself just to get pass that lie detector, that's why Kei said it was not something to die for. But if she didn't get pass the lie detector, the bureau team will be going after kei. Right now they completely left him off the hook, and soma brought him to all the necessary places for him to figure out a plan.
elliotgothbunnyJul 28, 2017 9:50 AM
Jul 28, 2017 3:09 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Things certainly are getting interesting

Souma's foresight sure is pretty powerful though to know the exact time something will happen. The ability to cause spontaneous eruption of laughter in a given area sure is interesting. Its interesting to see exactly whose side Souma is on with regards to the directors plan. The damage that can result if every ability user loses control of their ability will be immense though. So it was 40 years ago that the town and bureau were formed because of the appearance of abilities eh. A world where everyone forgets about their abilities eh. Hmm the couple in the flashback sure had some interesting abilities though. Forget and recall eh. An interesting pair. Even back then it was nice that the witch still retained her kind nature though. It was sad that the witch as a result of her power was forced to lose her name and be confined though in the future. To think that those three served as the bureau's foundation though. So Souma's been planning her moves for some now it seems. So those voice messages were made two years ago eh. Hmm the mystery of souma continues.

Just how far has she been planning this. Hmm to just be a normal high school student eh. A simple dream but i wonder is it worth losing all the abilities that are in the town for though. Its nice that Souma and Sakurin got the chance to have a normal convo though. Well even the witch can make mistakes after all she is after all still human. Despite the serious conversation its nice that Souma is able to deflect it with humor. Hmm so even Sakurin is starting to doubt the directors actions eh. So the reason for all the recorded messages was because Souma had lost her ability due to Eri eh. I can see why Sakurin who works for the bureau would view abilities as unnecessary though. Of course im not a monster im just a civil servant though was a great line from her. I guess all of this about Souma really is giving Kei a tough time. Haruki sure is observant though but the fact that Kei is telling her this tells how much he has changed as well. Kei is going for the route that can save everyone eh. So the director's forces are now impeding Kei's path then. As expected. So Honoka and Chirichiru have been stuck for that long eh. Hmm the mystery deepens and it looks like its approaching the conclusion. I wonder is the director a descendant of the two founders of the bureau though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 29, 2017 11:38 AM

Apr 2010
Seems like Kei is in a world of trouble thanks to Sumire, till the point where he is sleepless.
The question that remains is what is Sumire trying to accomplice by using him like that?
Not to mention that the two people he is after might be his parents, at least that's what's suggested.
Oct 20, 2017 12:05 AM

Jan 2014
whoaa, this is getting complicated and my brain going to burst..

first, they're forced to laugh in the supermarket.
it's look like the incident are being planned by the bureau or they just know it's going to happen (the lie detector girl knows that second incident going to happen) ?

so that's how Sumire sent her request, it's two years ago, and made the vampire forget Kei's friend that he ever sent the broadcast.

the reason why Sumire killed herself was so she can bypass the lie detector and continue her plot, wow. just wow. she did to such length just for that. someone give her a medal.

the Bureau guy already instruct Oka to remove Sumire's ability, huh?
I wonder who's the winner in this cold war.

I wonder why Sumire ask Kei to deliver the book, there must be some meaning behind it.

it looks like Honoka, Chiruciru, and Sumire in the dream world has been frozen. poor Honoka.
Oct 22, 2017 4:41 PM

Oct 2012
So he finally find out that she died for his (and Misora's) sake, I wonder what his next talk with her would be. And Soma recording all those messages 2 years ago, well, she's certainly is a real mastermind here. I still can't understand ho he was able to talk back to her during their first messeage in the last episode, is it even possible to receive answers back?

And seems like some big conspiracy is growing. And what the well was that with Oka Eri making Soma forget her precognition?

Have to say I kinda liked Haruki and Kei time between the house, though so far I don't actually don't understand why Soma sent him there - to strengthen his resolve, maybe?

Anyway, I think I know where this is all going: if all superpowers were erased 40 years ago, Kei and Haruki would never got together and they would effectively erased everything that happened to this poiint. So I can certainly see Kei would try to oppose this idea to jump back to the past. But I guess it certainly won't be as easy because of what we saw in the past flashback of this episode - if the man is still alive with the different name, well, things get messy. Also, the locking guy is probably the son of those two in the past.
Dec 29, 2017 9:48 AM

Mar 2014
Laughing in supermarket, well it was "Nice Market" after all.
May 3, 2022 5:47 PM

Jan 2020
Whoever created this must really love Kit Kats.

So Urachi may not be directly related to or connected to Kei after all. Though, we did get to see a bit of his origin story with his parents. And, it seems like he's basically carrying on his parent's, or at least his dad's, will.

I guess he's locking people who can potentially hinder his plan, hence sealing real-world Sumire's ability as well. However, I'm not entirely sure how people in the Dream World would've stopped him. I'm not really sure how anyone can stop him, though I suppose Kei will have the ability to. But again, I'm not even sure if he is going to want to.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Nov 30, 2022 11:03 AM

Mar 2019
That glass break felt so random, lol. I guess we'll have to wait until we know for sure why Sumire died.

Pretty interesting arc, so Tomoki sent the message after all but they still made it sound like Kei was answering Souma's questions and she then responded based on his answer which makes no sense. It's kind of funny how useless Misora became now. This is probably what the Witch was talking about when telling Kei his future.

Volume 407 sure is very interesting. I really wonder how this will end. And Sumire calling herself the "Witch" was kind of awkward, but is she not the real Sumire after all? When Tomoki sent the message at the festival, based on Sumire's reaction in her hotel room, even if we didn't see her, it looked like she heard the message and came to that roof.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 15 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2017

44 by Rob7 »»
Mar 28, 2:58 PM

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2017

63 by Rob7 »»
Mar 27, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2017

59 by StateofOhayo »»
Mar 26, 1:30 AM

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2017

77 by StateofOhayo »»
Mar 22, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2017

116 by Bortolo63 »»
Nov 28, 2023 2:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.