This should have been 12 episodes
Jul 26, 2017 2:49 AM
Jan 1, 3:48 PM
Joined: Feb 2015
Jan 1, 3:49 PM
Jan 2, 11:26 AM
Jan 3, 1:14 AM
Joined: Jun 2016
lolatusenpai said:I think we could go without the following completely:
Don't get me wrong, Shigatsu was very good, but literally half the episodes were filler and repetition of the same flashbacks Arima had.
- Emi Igawa
- The beach scene
- Tsubaki's crush on Arima
- Every comedy moment (Yes they help break up the tension, but you're meant to use absence to balance it out, not the complete opposite. The completely unfunny comedy moments are really just detrimental to the tone)
- Every flashback to childhood
- All the cringey poetry that fills Arima's internal monologue
- Tsubaki's relationship with sports captain guy (Since it only helps build the Tsubaki-Arima romance sub-plot)
- The melodrama (Tsubaki runs away screaming and in tears because her childhood friend is going to a school in a different town)
- Might aswell remove Kashiwagi aswell just to be safe.
I think that'd get us down to 13 episodes.
While we're at it, I'd also make the following changes:
- The studio behind it (Because you can really see A-1 Pictures fingerprints all over the worse parts of this)
- The music, perhaps the background music could include some simple piano technical exercises or something
- The entire last episode should be restructured
Sorry if I went overboard, I just want to vent my frustration about how easily this could have been done better.
Dlwuik said:It's about music. Manga doesn't have music.
i think there shouldn't even be an anime adaptation
Jan 3, 1:51 AM
Jan 3, 2:10 AM
Jan 3, 2:11 AM