Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Jul 26, 2017 2:49 AM

Don't get me wrong, Shigatsu was very good, but literally half the episodes were filler and repetition of the same flashbacks Arima had.

Jan 1, 3:48 PM

I think so too, they should focus only on glasses guy and kaori, leaving sidekicks behind and it would be much better.

♦-----------------------------------------♦

Delivery

+1 card from lunafly until 27.4.18
+1 card from mutsukii

Set by _Ayase
♦-----------------------------------------♦

Jan 1, 3:49 PM

i think there shouldn't even be an anime adaptation
Edward Elric is the best girl.

Jan 2, 11:26 AM

I get why people might like this, but I thought this was pretty good, but it seems to not be my taste. (Just a irrelevant garbage opinion).
Persona 4 (Golden obviously) is better than Persona 5 imo

Jan 3, 1:14 AM
lolatusenpai said:
Don't get me wrong, Shigatsu was very good, but literally half the episodes were filler and repetition of the same flashbacks Arima had.
I think we could go without the following completely:
- Emi Igawa
- The beach scene
- Tsubaki's crush on Arima
- Every comedy moment (Yes they help break up the tension, but you're meant to use absence to balance it out, not the complete opposite. The completely unfunny comedy moments are really just detrimental to the tone)
- Every flashback to childhood
- All the cringey poetry that fills Arima's internal monologue
- Tsubaki's relationship with sports captain guy (Since it only helps build the Tsubaki-Arima romance sub-plot)
- The melodrama (Tsubaki runs away screaming and in tears because her childhood friend is going to a school in a different town)
- Might aswell remove Kashiwagi aswell just to be safe.

I think that'd get us down to 13 episodes.

While we're at it, I'd also make the following changes:
- The studio behind it (Because you can really see A-1 Pictures fingerprints all over the worse parts of this)
- The music, perhaps the background music could include some simple piano technical exercises or something
- The entire last episode should be restructured

Sorry if I went overboard, I just want to vent my frustration about how easily this could have been done better.

Dlwuik said:
i think there shouldn't even be an anime adaptation
It's about music. Manga doesn't have music.

Jan 3, 1:51 AM

Well, I love it, but I agree that it should have had at least just 18 episodes.
Some of the monologues at the concerts were ridiculously long and then there was this... uhm Imouto-arc. Why? XD

But I thought the childhood memories were important to get Tsubaki and Kousei and their bond better.

Jan 3, 2:10 AM
I Paid For This

Personally I think the length was fine. But I kinda wanted more piano/violin duets rather than just being mainly filled with emotions. I was fine with the talking feelings through performance, but just wanted more duets ;-;

Jan 3, 2:11 AM

Same can be said about most 24 episode anime.
"The ultimate sign of a wannabe critic is tatami galaxy in favourites" - Yuasa Masaaki