Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 26, 2017 5:35 AM

Oct 2016
Soriki said:
Oh and btw that's not "really Japanese", so it's Japanese, so it's quite easy to get it right, it's Katakana

Yeah, Japanese isn't my first language. It's likely something completely different.
Jul 26, 2017 5:45 AM

Aug 2014
Depends on which one I heard first usually. The long Japanese titles can go do one because I'll never remember those :P

I don't think it's wrong for someone to say Shingeki no Kyoujin instead of attack on titan. That is after all the official name for it. Also the English titles are often poor translations.
Jul 26, 2017 6:06 AM

Jul 2015
Kuraokani said:
It's unnecessary to use the Japanese title if there is a English one and people will know what series I'm talking about.

But lots of people won't know what you're talking about, that's his point. Would you understand what I'm talking about if I started mentioning Nicky Larson, Goldorak and Les Chevaliers du Zodiaque every post? (City Hunter, Matzinger and Saint Seiya respectively)
Using the japanese names is easier for the majority. Maybe not for you, and if you don't wanna make the slight effort to learn them in jap to communicate with others, then so be it.
Jul 26, 2017 6:17 AM

Apr 2015
I just use whatever I think of first.

When talking about Attack on Titan, I saw 'Attack on Titan' or AoT. Mainly because the Japanese abbreviation makes me think of the SNK fighting games.

it also probably has something to do with MAL typically listing by Japanese names over English names.
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova
Jul 26, 2017 6:26 AM

Feb 2008
Because it is not the actual title - it is whatever the licensing company changes it to.
Jul 26, 2017 7:17 AM

Jan 2015
g
Narmy said:
Dunno why you would ask that on MAL of all places, where the site admins themselves are anal about keeping the Japanese names.

good one lol....couldn't stop laughing for about 5 minutes lol.... thank you for this.
Jul 26, 2017 8:18 AM

Mar 2016
1) Sometimes the English names are different and dont really make sense to the series, such as ERASED

2) Not everyone speaks English as a first language, so why should shows from japan be called by there english names online?

Jul 26, 2017 8:21 AM

Oct 2015
I honestly prefer the Japanese names, the English ones sounds dumb most of the time cuz of bad translations lol
Love speaks in flowers. Truth requires thorns.
Jul 26, 2017 8:31 AM

Dec 2015
Because I will usually use the given name of the film/series/whatever I am talking about rather than a name that isn't even its translation. Also, I'm not english, I grew up in France where we paste weird english titles on US movies who have a clear english title already.

I also find stupid that works named in japanese should be named in english when I'm talking french. If you are a logical publisher, you translate the foreign title in your language and not in english. And you keep works titled in english (or whatever language the author found exotic enough) in english. (the reality in my country gives us approximative english titles or stupid french replacement names every time the manga/anime had a japanese name)
Jul 26, 2017 9:17 AM

Aug 2016
I use the shorter name or cooler name or easiest to remember (won't care if English translation happens to be an incorrect one)

For your Shokugeki no Souma example. I like the word "Shokugeki" more than Food Wars. So I like to type that instead.
Other example would be Shinsekai Yori over From the New World

Cool sounding English names
ie: Sword of the Stranger over Stranger: Makou Hadan

Easier to remember examples:
JoJo's Bizarre Adventures over Kimyou no Boukan or whatever the fuck that is.
Parasyte -The Maxim- over Kiseijuu something
Assassination Classroom over Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (especially since I can do short type version with AssClass)

Ones I switch back and forth examples depending on what I remember first:

Attack on Titan and Shingeki no Kyojin
Saiki Kusuo no Psi Nan and Disastrous Life of Saiki K
Kuroshitsuji and Black Butler

MechKingKillbotJul 26, 2017 9:34 AM
Jul 26, 2017 9:37 AM

Oct 2015
Drilhouette-J said:
Soriki said:
Oh and btw that's not "really Japanese", so it's Japanese, so it's quite easy to get it right, it's Katakana

Yeah, Japanese isn't my first language. It's likely something completely different.
Katana are basically characters for foreign words, you make the whole english word, and then, you transfer it to Romaji, roman alphabet
Jul 26, 2017 11:26 AM

Jul 2017
Soriki said:
Cringy English attempt at translating a Japanese Name
Vs
Authentic, cool sounding, Japanese name

"I wonder why people use the Japanese one more"

Don't know about you, but I've never come across an anime english title that wasn't properly translated. Also, cool-sounding? I don't see how a bunch of words sounds cool just because it's in a different language.
Jul 26, 2017 12:29 PM

Oct 2015
Nay-kamisama said:
Soriki said:
Cringy English attempt at translating a Japanese Name
Vs
Authentic, cool sounding, Japanese name

"I wonder why people use the Japanese one more"

Don't know about you, but I've never come across an anime english title that wasn't properly translated. Also, cool-sounding? I don't see how a bunch of words sounds cool just because it's in a different language.
Have you ever heard how disgusting Chinese sounds in comparison to Japanese? Whut, you're gonna tell me Japanese doesn't sound c00l m8? bs r0it der ah' tell ya'

It sounds cool because it's in a different language.. That's the whole point, I don't think it's hard to understand, the sounds change and because of how they are they make many of us go "w0w d00d"

OBVIOUSLY, this is not all the reasons.. But it stands true as one of them
And it seems like there's people who agree with me on this m@tt3r
Jul 26, 2017 1:21 PM

Jul 2017
Nay-kamisama said:

Well, I do agree that language does not make something sound cool. As someone who speaks multiple languages, nothing really sounds "cool" to me just because it is a language. Want to sound cool? Try using a complete sentence instead of abbreviating everything like these lazy assed idiot kids these days. No, I am not referring to you as a reply. I am emphasizing how I see linguistics.

However, on the "translation" part, at least half the titles I come across that have English translations, the English title is nothing even remotely close to what the original title is. Not even in the same county or state, let alone ballpark.

My post on the first page of this thread clarifies that.

But I do agree that nothing sounds cool just because it is "foreign" in tongue. But it does sound cool if it is at least halfway correct in translation.
Jul 26, 2017 1:49 PM

Jun 2015
All my favorites have short titles, no LN unpronounceable crap. Profit!
Jul 26, 2017 2:02 PM

May 2016
I agree with you mostly, OP. I don't get the insistence on using Japanese titles other than to try to show off. Then again, knowing the Japanese title has helped me connect better with Japanese fans of the same series, so it's been a bit useful in that regard.

DreamingBeats said:
i just use the name that's easier to remember and shorter: AoT over shingeki whatever, gochuusagi over
is the order a rabbit, though in many cases the names in Japanese and English are the same - such as Shirobako, Aikatsu, Love Live, Non Non Biyori, etc...

^ This is more of my mentality behind it. I use whichever title is more convenient for me to say or remember at the moment.

For example, one of my favorite anime is The Rose of Versailles, and if I talked about it in a more formal way (such as to my parents, or in an analytical setting, like a college paper), I'd use that title. Versailles no Bara means exactly the same thing, so I hardly use it, but I do use the Japanese shortened version, BeruBara, when talking with my Japanese friends.

Generally, however, I use the European title, Lady Oscar, because that's what it's known as in Europe and it's much more catchy and descriptive of the show, since it does focus more on that character than on Marie Antoinette "the rose of Versailles."
Jul 26, 2017 2:45 PM
May 2013
So why are you using japanese name as your username?
Jul 26, 2017 3:00 PM

Jul 2009
I read this thread from start to finish. As a database moderator and simultaneously the news managing editor, I feel the need to share my thoughts since I've been involved in staff discussions on this matter over the years.

Narmy said:
Dunno why you would ask that on MAL of all places, where the site admins themselves are anal about keeping the Japanese names.

Kuraokani posed a valid question, one that continues to surface because users come and go often and not many are well-versed in arguments of both sides. Database moderators can be just as adamant arguing both sides in this argument. However, our decisions are not made based on personal preferences. They are made in consideration of the user base as a whole, rather than of any particular segment of the user population.

This means that we must make decision based on the fact that only one-third of MAL users come from North America. In fact, more than half of MAL users come countries where English is not the primary language. You may also be surprised to learn that there are more MAL staff members based in Europe than there are in North America.

Kuraokani said:
This is especially relevant to newcomers in the community. When I first started watching anime, I would ask for recommendations and get confused when someone would write a Japanese name. I remember thinking (and I still think this) "why not just write Attack on Titan?"

Database moderators agree with this point. Usability of the site is always in consideration when applying a broad title guideline such as the one we use today. Viewers have more access to anime than ever before, and almost every single television anime that airs in Japan today is simulcasted by North American distributors. This resulted in a flooding of the anime digital distribution market with English-language content.

However, there are inconsistencies even within English-language names.
- One example is Meitantei Conan, licensed in the United States as Case Closed but best known everywhere else around the world as Detective Conan.
- What about the United Kingdom VHS release of Idol Bouei-tai Hummingbird as Hummingbirds, which was never licensed anywhere else around the world?
- Is Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru.'s English title My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU (Sentai Filmworks) or My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (Yen Press)?
- Is the Italian release of Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 as Star Blazers 2199 considered an English title?

When we explore beyond blockbuster titles (which are backed by global marketing engines who have the capability to market a title worldwide under a single English title), the English-language market becomes just as unclear for users and consumers. An argument to default to North American titles is not viable because North American users only make up one-third of the site's user base, as I have mentioned above.

From a news reporting perspective, usability is also an important consideration when we are making a push toward better quality industry reporting. This is why, when it makes sense and is possible, we have been including translated English titles in parentheses alongside romaji titles when reporting on anime adaptations and other important stories. This allows readers to quickly recognize which work we are talking about in the story. For example, "Toho is expected to ship over 1.2 million discs for the Blu-ray and DVD release of the anime movie Kimi no Na wa. (Your Name.), scheduled to arrive in stores on July 26."

Gohdhand said:
MAL is an English site and everything is originally written in English. You're even dumber for assuming that out of all those people not browsing the forums, the majority of them are unable to understand English despite it being one of the most widely-spoken languages on the planet and one that is taught in almost every school, including foreign schools.

How a site began should never dictate how it should operate in the future. Although MAL began as an U.S.-based English-language site, it is truly a global site today. While English remains the dominant language used for web content today, that is not representative of the true share of English-language users on the Internet. (See Languages used on the Internet.) Using English is in itself a barrier which prevents MAL from being used by more users around the world.

As North America becomes an important overseas market for the industry, I am concerned about over-representation of North American viewpoints in the English-speaking fandom. In my background as a former featured content writer on the English Wikipedia, we have a term for this: systemic bias. It causes under-representation of some cultures, topics, and perspectives in what should be a subject of global interest.

There are 1,000 members in a Francophone club, 1,500 members in an Arabic-speaking club, more than 2,000 users in an Indonesian-language club, almost 4,000 in a Latin American club. To think that all of these users are fluent in English is naive. They may be knowledgeable in some English, but they still seek other users like them to navigate the fandom.
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Jul 26, 2017 4:42 PM

May 2013
LOL I got hit by this 😂😂 Sometimes I say the Japanese title and sometimes I use the English title. Mmmm but I'm not really particular with how people say the title as long as I can remember the name of the show and relate to it. (─‿‿─)

"Insert cheesy ass quote here"

💙
Jul 27, 2017 2:09 AM

Sep 2013
For me, I use whichever name I hear more that's being used amongst other people. Either that or whichever one sounds better.
Jul 27, 2017 8:11 AM

Jun 2016
I don't see anything wrong with people using Japanese names really. I actually prefer using Japanese names than the English ones.

YaoiMaster said:
I just use whichever title sounds better, or is shorter. Eh.

This is me, exactly. Haha.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jul 27, 2017 9:00 AM

Feb 2017
My reason for using the Japanese names would be because I use gogoanime which for most of the time would have the names in Japanese.
Jul 27, 2017 9:35 AM

Mar 2015
I'm not all that picky about it really, but it tends to flow better from the original. When the title is translated, I guess the original is kinda lost in translation (not all the time obviously) so it's better adapted for the Westerners. I see why on the opposite side it can be kinda annoying, but hey it's categorized the same as whether to write a character's name last to first or vice versa. Pfft, choose your poison.

"Achieve not with the squad, but by yourself." - Urie

Jul 27, 2017 9:39 AM
Jul 2018
I type that shit in as Korean,
Get on my level you normies.
Jul 27, 2017 9:46 AM

Aug 2016
I usually switch in between them.

When I talk to my close weab friends or other people on MAL, I use the Japanese ones(or the ones listed on MAL) because they're easier to remember(for me).

I use the English ones for talking to normies, or someone that I just met and anime was a topic that's brought up(so that I don't sound like weab trash)

"... Because when you live in this world of my closed eyes...
... Being alone is very lonely..."

Jul 27, 2017 9:56 AM

Jul 2017
Soriki said:
Nay-kamisama said:

Have you ever heard how disgusting Chinese sounds in comparison to Japanese? Whut, you're gonna tell me Japanese doesn't sound c00l m8? bs r0it der ah' tell ya'

It sounds cool because it's in a different language.. That's the whole point, I don't think it's hard to understand, the sounds change and because of how they are they make many of us go "w0w d00d"

Ehh, maybe I just don't see the appeal, or maybe I've just grown used to seeing Japanese, lmao.
Jul 27, 2017 8:47 PM

Dec 2016
arsonal said:
How a site began should never dictate how it should operate in the future. Although MAL began as an U.S.-based English-language site, it is truly a global site today. While English remains the dominant language used for web content today, that is not representative of the true share of English-language users on the Internet. (See Languages used on the Internet.) Using English is in itself a barrier which prevents MAL from being used by more users around the world.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. Even the link you posted shows that the majority of websites use English and that the plurality of Internet users primarily speak English. Also, I don't know what you mean by "MAL is truly a global site." Is the site not still in English? Do you have proof which shows that the majority of members on MAL do not speak English?

There are 1,000 members in a Francophone club, 1,500 members in an Arabic-speaking club, more than 2,000 users in an Indonesian-language club, almost 4,000 in a Latin American club. To think that all of these users are fluent in English is naive. They may be knowledgeable in some English, but they still seek other users like them to navigate the fandom.

Please try to read my post before you reply. For the millionth time, I did not say that eveyrone on MAL is fluent in English. Second of all, a few thousand members in other language-speaking clubs (some of whom I am sure can speak English) does not prove that the majority of MAL members do not speak English.

What's the difference?
Jul 27, 2017 8:56 PM

Jul 2017
So the truth is this individual is severely bothered by other languages than English. It's odd the people who take up liking Anime ...
Gohdhand said:
arsonal said:

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. Even the link you posted shows that the majority of websites use English and that the plurality of Internet users primarily speak English. Also, I don't know what you mean by "MAL is truly a global site." Is the site not still in English? Do you have proof which shows that the majority of members on MAL do not speak English?

Please try to read my post before you reply. For the millionth time, I did not say that eveyrone on MAL is fluent in English. Second of all, a few thousand members in other language-speaking clubs (some of whom I am sure can speak English) does not prove that the majority of MAL members do not speak English.

So the truth is this individual is severely bothered by other languages than English. It's odd the people who take up liking Anime ...
Jul 27, 2017 9:52 PM

Oct 2015
Nay-kamisama said:
Soriki said:

Ehh, maybe I just don't see the appeal, or maybe I've just grown used to seeing Japanese, lmao.
That's okay, but trust me, there's many names out there that are just utter trash in English

Plus Dub > Sub every time

We know what sounds better :^)

Unless it's a childhood nice, good ol' dub, which to me was the Spanish dubs for Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, Pokemon, and Digimon :D!

I still remember the first episode where Greymon comes out to the city and fights that big bird/which also happens in the movie

Awesome memories :3
Jul 27, 2017 10:00 PM

Nov 2008
I don't even remember how to say or spell Attack on Titan in Japanese.
Kuraokani said:
Narmy said:
I don't frequent other forum sites so all the questions I have, I ask you guys
But you can see the Japanese names on your list and profile favorites. Obviously, if even the admins use the Japanese names, the forum users will too. I don't like it. It's more to remember. This seldom happened in the '90s and earlier, before places like this popped up.

Interrrrrpetgyu said:
Ikr, I don't even recognize half the shit on my list

Same.

Jul 28, 2017 8:54 AM

Dec 2016
Faelandaea said:

If you bothered to read my posts instead of just spouting out garbage without thinking, you would know that my primary reason for wanting English titles is because it is more convenient for the reasons I listed in all my previous posts.

I actually speak two other languages besides English, and I know a fair bit of Japanese as well, so I am not "severely bothered" by languages other than English, you idiot. It seems like you people are actually the ones bothered by English/Western dominance because of the way you post incendiary things with no argument to back up your claims. Clear sign of emotional distress.

What's the difference?
Jul 28, 2017 1:35 PM

Jul 2017
Gohdhand said:
Faelandaea said:

If you bothered to read my posts instead of just spouting out garbage without thinking, you would know that my primary reason for wanting English titles is because it is more convenient for the reasons I listed in all my previous posts

No need to go back reading pages of fluff. The post I quoted was enough.
Jul 28, 2017 1:36 PM

Oct 2007
For me it depends what I was exposed to first. I knew Shingeki no Kyojin as that before Attack on Titan, but I knew Paranoia Agent as that before I knew it as Mousou Dairinin.
Jul 28, 2017 3:27 PM

Dec 2016
Faelandaea said:
Gohdhand said:

If you bothered to read my posts instead of just spouting out garbage without thinking, you would know that my primary reason for wanting English titles is because it is more convenient for the reasons I listed in all my previous posts

The fact that you didn't even bother to counter any of the arguments I listed proves that you're an idiot.

What's the difference?
Jul 28, 2017 4:42 PM

Jul 2017
Gohdhand said:
Faelandaea said:

The fact that you didn't even bother to counter any of the arguments I listed proves that you're an idiot.

You have to make an argument before it can be countered. I have been gracious enough out of my kind heart to entertain you thus far, but I am still awaiting these supposed "arguments" you speak of.
Jul 28, 2017 5:11 PM

Jan 2017
I mostly use the Japanese name because that is how I am exposed to it from the subs and then I remember it that way. I do not use it as an ego boost. The big problem is when I talk to others I will forget what the English title is and then it gets awkward.
Jul 28, 2017 5:23 PM

Dec 2012
I only use the English names as well, otherwise I just fill in the missing blanks with Japanese motor brands.

e.g. boku no tamagotchi ga suzuki
shingeki no kawasaki
great teacher onisuzuki
suzuki haruhi no yamaha

otherwise I call them by their english names

friends/neighbours club
attack on tits
great teacher onisuzuki
and the melancholy of haruhi suzuki

I always found it easier to remember them by these names then try and remember how to spell them. I'm never gonna need the life skill of labelling every anime's original name, fuck that.

Jul 28, 2017 5:28 PM

Dec 2016
Faelandaea said:
Gohdhand said:

You have to make an argument before it can be countered. I have been gracious enough out of my kind heart to entertain you thus far, but I am still awaiting these supposed "arguments" you speak of.

You don't see them because you didn't read any of my posts, which you yourself admitted.

And I don't see how you are the one entertaining me when I didn't even say anything to you until you responded to my post with your dumbass comment. I'm the one entertaining you, you imbecile.

What's the difference?
Jul 28, 2017 5:51 PM

Jul 2017
Gohdhand said:
Faelandaea said:

You don't see them because you didn't read any of my posts, which you yourself admitted.

And I don't see how you are the one entertaining me when I didn't even say anything to you until you responded to my post with your dumbass comment. I'm the one entertaining you, you imbecile.

The defensive nature of your replies and the childish name calling ... yes, my case is indeed rested. Thank you. Dismissed.
Jul 28, 2017 5:55 PM

Dec 2016
Faelandaea said:
The defensive nature of your replies and the childish name calling ... yes, my case is indeed rested. Thank you. Dismissed.

Except you were the one who responded to my post with your completely asinine statement, despite the fact that I have said that I don't hate other languages and that my argument for using English titles is purely out of convenience. If anything, you got emotional and posted without thinking, which is why you didn't bother to read any of my posts beforehand.

What's the difference?
Jul 29, 2017 9:03 AM

Feb 2015
Most of the time the Japanese name sounds better. However, there are exceptions, of course.

I think Shingeki no Kyojin sounds better than Attack on Titan.

However, I also think Neon Genesis Evangelion sounds better than Shinseiki Evangelion.
Jul 30, 2017 3:11 AM
Jul 2018
Fucking plebs. They should just say 進撃の巨人
Jul 30, 2017 6:21 AM
Dec 2015
Kuraokani said:
Whenever I see someone recommend or talk about a anime series, they always use the Japanese name. Like instead of writing Food Wars! They write Shokugeki no Soma or instead of Attack on Titan they write Shingeki no Kyojin. It seems really unnecessary when you have a English version of the name.

This is especially relevant to newcomers in the community. When I first started watching anime, I would ask for recommendations and get confused when someone would write a Japanese name. I remember thinking (and I still think this) "why not just write Attack on Titan?"

TRIGGER WARNING

To be honest, it makes you look weebish. That's just my opinion and I'm not trying to insult anyone but, why? Like, just write the American name dude.

I like subs as much as the next guy and enjoy Japanese culture but I'm not gonna use Japanese names. I put that stuff in the same category as saying Kawaii or adding honorifics to people's names.

In my opinion, same name in English are respectable, for example, Oregairu has a Catchy name, Snafu, I mean it works for some cases, in other cases it should be left alone & a subtitle should just translate it for practicality.
Aug 8, 2017 4:48 PM
Dec 2014
Anime is a popular entertainment source they wish to emulate.
Aug 8, 2017 7:03 PM

Jul 2011
There is something about someone called "Kuraokani" talking about people being too japanese with their words because they sound to weeaboo that makes me crack a tiny smile deep down inside...

...but seriously though, we are all Anime watchers with lame names (myself included) speaking on an internet forum about crap that barely matters even to the people asking the questions because we are sometimes bored (super included), we are all kinda losers in our own way (yep, included) which isn't a bad thing but let the other types of losers have their own kinda fun as long as it docent effect us. A quick copy and paste of a title you don't understand into google pretty much fixes everything o_o
Aug 8, 2017 7:39 PM
Jun 2017
Requiem_N7 said:
There is something about someone called "Kuraokani" talking about people being too japanese with their words because they sound to weeaboo that makes me crack a tiny smile deep down inside...

...but seriously though, we are all Anime watchers with lame names (myself included) speaking on an internet forum about crap that barely matters even to the people asking the questions because we are sometimes bored (super included), we are all kinda losers in our own way (yep, included) which isn't a bad thing but let the other types of losers have their own kinda fun as long as it docent effect us. A quick copy and paste of a title you don't understand into google pretty much fixes everything o_o
A simple reply from a simple man.

...but seriously though, I searched this question in google and couldn't find the answers/opinions I was seeking. The moderators and users did a really good job of answering my question at the time of creating this thread.

P.S "Kuraokani" is a name I got from stories about the Hindu deity "Kartikeya" and The Epic of Gilgamesh and the Golden Bull. What's your name about? Code Geass?
Aug 8, 2017 7:49 PM

Jul 2011
Kuraokani said:
Requiem_N7 said:

A simple reply from a simple man.

...but seriously though, I searched this question in google and couldn't find the answers/opinions I was seeking. The moderators and users did a really good job of answering my question at the time of creating this thread.

P.S "Kuraokani" is a name I got from stories about the Hindu deity "Kartikeya" and The Epic of Gilgamesh and the Golden Bull. What's your name about? Code Geass?

I am a very simple man and don't worry your name is lovely and i think its cool, i'm not mocking im just saying, what everyone see's as Weebish is different. Not nice to think of people who are just using the actual titles for things as weebs, nothing wrong with using actual titles.

On a more serious note though, i think its just how your introduced to things. Lets use your Attack on Titan thing, i personally read the manga before it became an Anime (glad it did, was a cool premise) but the title was "Shingeki no Kyojin" to me. Spent a massive amount of time reading it so that's just a long old ass time of it being "Shingeki no Kyojin" in my head so i think its just how your introduced to things, on an Anime site like this i imagine people have the Japanese names of things thrown into their face more then the American names. That's my guess anyway but we are on an Anime site, i think our worries about seeming like weeabo's infront of a bunch of Anime fans is kinda pointless, people just use whats easiest for them. I do see Attack on Titan everywhere but when i see "Shingeki no Kyojin" written down i'm like "Oh, the thing i read".

...as for my name? Oh god no, not from any Anime, the orgins of this name are waaaaaaay lamer then that my friend, just know deep down when you read my name.... its bad man.... its real bad... i'll be uncool for life o_o
Aug 8, 2017 8:21 PM

Apr 2016
First for all, America isn't the entire world. I'm not going to say a title in a language that isn't the original. (A lot less in English because it isn't my native language)

I always says titles in original language because more people know it than the English or other Language title. If you don't know the original title just google it or say him "in English please I'm not a fucking weaboo"

btw I feel so stupid because I didn't know that Shokugeki no Souma is Food Wars! I never watched Shokugeki no Souma but I know about it, instead when I listened before the title "Food Wars" I said "what's that?". I really don't use English titles.
Tonatiuh_RPAug 8, 2017 8:48 PM
I don't know what to put here
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Would you ever be interested in going on a blind date?

Thy-Veseveia - Yesterday

11 by LoveYourEyes »»
24 minutes ago

» I'm a coomer, but the important question is...

LenRea - 7 hours ago

6 by Nemo_Niemand »»
40 minutes ago

Poll: » the future of AI girlfriend technology

deg - Yesterday

20 by Zarutaku »»
2 hours ago

» For everyone who has signed up to this site using Protonmail, and doesn't use that address for anything else

vasipi4946 - 11 hours ago

2 by Zarutaku »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Do you pay attention to forum signatures?

PostMahouShoujo - 8 hours ago

11 by vasipi4946 »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.