Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 23, 2017 1:28 PM

Jul 2015
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
What a chapter! It's getting on my nerves! I felt really sorry for Neguro but I liked the fact that Mizari is moving.
Of course, best part ever was Jae-Ha as a captive prince and Yona's super leg, lol.
I'm a bit worried about what Kouren will do know that she has seen the power of the dragons in combat.
Jul 23, 2017 6:26 PM
Jul 2018
This chapter was a really fast read for me.
I loved how Hak said he didn't want Yona to leave his side because it worried him sick.
Also seeing Shin-ah look so badass was a nice change.
Jul 23, 2017 8:18 PM

Apr 2013
Ha. You asked for the Dragons, so you got the Dragons. Now, sit aside Kouren and let the big boys handle this shit.
Jul 23, 2017 8:44 PM

Apr 2016
We only saw Jae-ha and Shin-ah this chapter! I wish we saw Ki-ja, Yoon, and Zeno as well. ;_______; It's great that Jae-ha arrived, and he still had the heart to joke about being a "captive prince," but I really wish the dragons had time to rest instead of head straight to battle. :( And I hope Shin-ah is okay after using his power.

I didn't like that this chapter ended with Kouren seeing Jae-ha and Shin-ah's powers, and now being aware that they listen to Yona... What would Kouren do now?

It is great to see a serious Mizari in action. I guess there really is no more chance of Neguro being rescued now... I do like that Vold and Algira came to protect Kouren; before they are members of the Anti-War Faction, they are citizens of Xing after all. :) Btw, where's Yotaka?

Kouren's not convinced by the thought of co-ruling with Tao, when Vold mentioned it... If Kouren continues to refuse, Su-won's proposal doesn't seem likely to occur.
Jul 23, 2017 9:03 PM

Sep 2013
The dragons are finally back and Hak seems to be hurt but staying strong. Lady kouren has seen the power of the dragons in action and the fact that yona "controls" them. I hope she doesn't start getting any weird ideas...

Jul 23, 2017 11:50 PM

Oct 2013
Anime_Addicted45 said:
This chapter was a really fast read for me.
I loved how Hak said he didn't want Yona to leave his side because it worried him sick.
Also seeing Shin-ah look so badass was a nice change.

Every chapter is a super fast read for me! I always speed through them, getting so into it, only to be heart broken once I reach the end having to wait again!

Let's us not forget Ao, he was pretty cute in a couple of those panels.
Jul 24, 2017 12:41 AM
Jun 2017
Cloe900311 said:

I didn't like that this chapter ended with Kouren seeing Jae-ha and Shin-ah's powers, and now being aware that they listen to Yona... What would Kouren do now?.

I don't think she can do anything at this point. She has no power to refuse Soo Won's terms or to stand in front of him as an equal footing. Her soldiers lost their will to fight, her strongest warrior was killed and none except her want this war. She will get pressure from Her soldiers and companions around her. The Same pressure that came from Lili and her soldiers into Soo Won. After that, Yona will make a step to persuade her with a few words. Kouren will be frustrated and compelled to accept it. Or Maybe she will duel with Soo Won. Soo Won will be amazed by Yona's ability for persuading Kouren. Yona proves her sight is right and Soo Won will lose some credits. Kouren thanks Yona for changing her gloomy heart and ended the cycle of hatred. Xing will be the next w̶o̶r̶s̶h̶i̶p̶e̶r̶ supporters of Yona. Finally, Kouren and Tao will hope in doing something for Yona at any time, same like it was with Tae-Jun, Lili and Min-soo in hopes in return Yona’s favor and don’t care if they will make worse for Soo Won. cliché scenario + Mary sue

Actually, the purpose of antiwar faction in the story is exactly as what @Natsume_hikari said:

"in reality antiwar faction comes to story to saves yona from burden of proper negotiating"
"if yona saves her from antiwar faction (obviously, she will) then kouren probably listens to her out of gratitude"
"her high ranked general is injured " << he is dead now
"her soldiers are murdered"
"she is out of power now, if she goes and negotiate with soowon there would be a chance for her to stay on the throne"

Jul 24, 2017 3:54 AM

Dec 2016
cant take my eyes off of Sinha and Ao! they're just be cool, cute and awesome at the same time :3
Jul 24, 2017 10:15 AM

Apr 2016
@A01 It was nice to read your comment in the morning. :)
Actually, the purpose of antiwar faction in the story is exactly as what @Natsume_hikari said:

"in reality antiwar faction comes to story to saves yona from burden of proper negotiating"
"if yona saves her from antiwar faction (obviously, she will) then kouren probably listens to her out of gratitude"
"she is out of power now, if she goes and negotiate with soowon there would be a chance for her to stay on the throne"
It's unfortunate that the anti-war faction exists so Yona won't have to properly negotiate. >< I'd prefer to see Yona negotiate properly, and respect her character, than see her as someone who feels she's entitled to do all that she does…for what reason? That she was Il's daughter? That she has four awesome dragons who listen to her? That she's Hiryuu's reincarnation? That she has friends like Tae-jun and Lili who are ready to save help her? Perhaps we can say that Yona is sympathetic and wants to do everything her father failed, but that is Su-won’s duty, not hers. I wouldn’t mind if Yona was simply helping, but I’m against her meddling into the country’s affairs, without considering the negative outcomes that could come from her actions. Like you mentioned above, I don't want Kouren to be grateful and ready to help Yona, like Tae-jun and Lili... There would be nothing new to that. So far, Yona has succeeded in her missions, like in the Awa arc, and when she helped the village in the Fire Tribe arc. I would be interested to see how her good intentions would backfire. –Again, we still don't know how Kai reacted to the Fire Tribe's beacon, or how Kouka is dealing with the news that Yona is still alive (if that has already spread). – I'd like to see maturity from Kouren, if she finally decides to quit being so stubborn, and just negotiate with Su-won. I hope Kusanagi has logical decisions and outcomes planned. Although, I’m really beginning to feel unhopeful about this arc, lol.
Jul 25, 2017 1:21 PM

Jan 2016
The dragons are back! It sounded so cool when Kouren thought to herself that this red haired girl controls such power as the great dragon of kouka!
Jul 26, 2017 7:52 PM
Jun 2017
Cloe900311 said:

It's unfortunate that the anti-war faction exists so Yona won't have to properly negotiate. >< I'd prefer to see Yona negotiate properly, and respect her character, than see her as someone who feels she's entitled to do all that she does…for what reason? That she was Il's daughter? That she has four awesome dragons who listen to her? That she's Hiryuu's reincarnation? That she has friends like Tae-jun and Lili who are ready to save help her? Perhaps we can say that Yona is sympathetic and wants to do everything her father failed, but that is Su-won’s duty, not hers. I wouldn’t mind if Yona was simply helping, but I’m against her meddling into the country’s affairs, without considering the negative outcomes that could come from her actions. Like you mentioned above, I don't want Kouren to be grateful and ready to help Yona, like Tae-jun and Lili... There would be nothing new to that. So far, Yona has succeeded in her missions, like in the Awa arc, and when she helped the village in the Fire Tribe arc. I would be interested to see how her good intentions would backfire. –Again, we still don't know how Kai reacted to the Fire Tribe's beacon, or how Kouka is dealing with the news that Yona is still alive (if that has already spread). – I'd like to see maturity from Kouren, if she finally decides to quit being so stubborn, and just negotiate with Su-won. I hope Kusanagi has logical decisions and outcomes planned. Although, I’m really beginning to feel unhopeful about this arc, lol.

Totally understand what youre getting at. But I just really confused for why you're so against Yona doing everything she can think of to protect her friends(#fam) and the Khoka Kingdom. Ofcourse, the reason Yona is "meddeling" or feels entities to do what she does is because of her sense of duty as a princess(King Il's daughter).That sense of duty doesn't just leave because your crush kills your father and chases you out of your castle, something that's been shown through the numerous arcs. It's in her damn blood to care about the Khoka kingdom. She's not just gonna stand in the sidelines when she has a very clear mission. She also doing this to not only save her new family but also cause she's simply not the type to just stand around and watch thousands get killed in a pointless war. Which is what they believed would have happened if she hadn't "meddled" otherwise. So I believe her actions were pretty justified. I just don't see what else she could have done. Even though Hak is still taking arrows on the back for her, she's been depicted as such a strong, determined character these few chapters and I'm all for it. Ofcourse I want her to be even stronger. really excited to see how Kouren and SuWon negotiations occur. So happy the gang will be back together soon.
Jul 26, 2017 11:55 PM

Apr 2016
@yona_forever I said ^ above, “I wouldn’t mind if Yona was simply helping,” but that’s not what’s happening right now. Again, it’s fine to help, but it’s important to be smart about it, which Yona hasn’t done.

I’ll quote what @Natsume_hikari said in the 141th chapter discussion thread, to illustrate what I mean, by saying that Yona could have been smart:
Oh and yona could just ask minsoo for taking her (in disgiuse)to soowon if she wished to meet him in person and was completey sure she is safe.she asked for two tribe treason to stop soowon army but how could that stop war in long time?she obviously did'nt have any plan for that.following an army with a carriage(ii tsn't suspectious at all); standing in front of an army and shouting at their king and then insulting his father memory isn't best option .(her father was weak.yuhun was cruel but capable.appointing a weak and unsuitable person as a king is itself biggest act of cruelity toward your own people.yona is naive talking about such an important matter without complete understanding of circumstances and relationship of two country in the past...
Having Min-soo and Algira by Yona’s side could not have been enough to protect her from an entire army. Saying she ‘understood’ why Yu-hon couldn’t become king was laughable, since she knows nothing. So, Yona’s just lucky that Su-won cares for her, since Kye-sook was ready to kill her, and the Water Tribe soldiers could have ended her life, if not for Lili’s timely rescue. And who knows? If Yona and Su-won’s meeting was arranged better, maybe Su-won could have lent her some soldiers to knock out the three Five Stars members and rescue everyone (a jailbreak)? Who knows, instead of having Tae-jun lit the Fire Tribe’s beacon, she could have asked him for assistance to save her friends? (Feel free to suggest other possibilities, I'm not diving too deep in the 'what-ifs' right now :P)

Entering another country when you know nothing –or very little– was unwise. It’s interesting that the gang went to Xing, simply because Vold said, “We wish for you to meet with the princess for the sake of the futures of both our kingdoms,” in chapter 127. <- This is a big deal. No one questioned, “Okay, if this issue involves our countries, why not talk with King Su-won? You mentioned you wanted us to meet the second princess – what does the first princess think? And how can we help, when we have no political power? All we do is fight and help people in need as we travel.” If we got answers to these questions in advance, then who knows? Maybe there would be no need for Yoon and our four dragons to get captured, and approaching Su-won as a mediator for both countries could have happened earlier. Tao only invited the gang after all, since she asked, “Are you not of King Su-won’s subordinates?” in chapter 128. Unfortunately, the misunderstanding was cleared AFTER the gang landed in Xing. ‘-______- Tao thought that by talking with the gang, they could approach Su-won personally and negotiate, but *sigh* getting reminded of our friends being captured still makes me frown, because it would not have happened, if the gang didn’t go to Xing in the first place. :/

I’ve mentioned this before, but I’ll say it again: Yona desires to help her nation so much, but fails to consider the consequences. I’m against Yona not being smart. Of course I’d want Yoon and the dragons to be safe and sound, but I definitely would have preferred it if they were smart from the beginning of this arc, by either minding their own business or knowing what they were getting themselves into. -_____- I hope this serves as a good lesson for the gang… So really, I’m simply asking Yona to know her place, lol. People have their limits – as much as you want to help, that doesn’t mean you can always do it efficiently. Yona does not have the political power –unless being Su-won's cousin counts. :/

Ofcourse, the reason Yona is "meddeling" or feels entities to do what she does is because of her sense of duty as a princess(King Il's daughter).That sense of duty doesn't just leave because your crush kills your father and chases you out of your castle, something that's been shown through the numerous arcs. It's in her damn blood to care about the Khoka kingdom. She's not just gonna stand in the sidelines when she has a very clear mission.

Good intentions (“sense of duty”) alone =/= positive results. Il, for example, must have had good intentions (I doubt he wished his people to live in poverty, for example), by avoiding war through the land he gave up, but look at everything that happened to Kouka. :/ In fact, Yona displayed her “sense of duty” in previous arcs, like with the pirates in the Awa arc, and fighting in battle during Soo-jin’s rebellion –although Su-won had an amazing strategy already, so was Yona’s gang really needed?, which were fine because they didn't have negative impacts on Kouka. However, this is the first time Yona has displayed her “sense of duty” so recklessly that it irks me. >< It’s not just within Kouka – it’s between two nations, which she lacks extensive knowledge and experience to fix.

If Yona as a person wants to help people (you really don’t need to be the previous king’s daughter, to feel like you have to be responsible), then that just means she’s a good person. But if the reason is simply because she’s Kouka’s princess, then that’s the same as saying that she would feel no duty if she wasn’t royalty. .____. So much in this story is based off on fate, huh? Yona just happened to be born into a royal family, and had ‘fate’ play with her life. Like @A01 mentioned, despite all of Yona’s ignorant actions, nothing bad will happen to her because of ‘fate.’ Ik-su said in chapter 13, “It’s a miracle you narrowly escaped with your life that night. It’s a miracle you were able to escape from the castle. It’s a miracle you fell from these cliffs…and are safe and sound. I think it wasn’t just a miracle…but fate…that led you here. If you can find the four dragons of legend…it won’t be due to your personal reasons…but due to fate.” Yona was chosen by God to be Hiryuu’s reincarnation and receive love from the four dragons who would protect her no matter what – ‘fate.’ It’s amazing that Yona has gotten this far, thanks to the power of ‘fate.’ And like @A01 has mentioned (along with others in the previous chapter discussion threads), Yona has the ability to glare at people that make them wonder, O____O “Who is this red-haired girl?” And that is the story. Period. (Sorry if I didn’t word myself as well as you, @A01 xD LOL)

She also doing this to not only save her new family but also cause she's simply not the type to just stand around and watch thousands get killed in a pointless war.

You said “pointless war.” Can we say that war itself is pointless? It really depends on the circumstances. If Su-won and the Sky Tribe, along with the Earth Tribe, didn’t fight back to Soo-jin’s rebellion, I don’t want to imagine what would have happened. ‘-____- Su-won was just being a responsible king, by preparing for war against Xing. This war may be viewed as pointless because of the lives that would be lost, but it also depends on one's perspective. Kouka would be the winner, and gain power and whatever the land of Xing could offer (they could take back the land that Il gave out). I think Kouren's grudge is pointless, but to her, war against Kouka would not be pointless, because she could still keep her pride and she believes her trauma won't reoccur this way.

Even now, Kouren still hasn’t said, “Fine, I’ll negotiate with Su-won.” She’s not convinced by the idea of co-ruling with Tao, lol! If there is no war now, can we be positive that Kouren will not fight in the future? Kouren still hates Su-won. Su-won clearly stated that Tao and Kouren must become co-rulers – not just Su-won, I think anyone can see why he made that proposal. ;_________; In chapter 136, Min-soo made it clear that “Xing Kingdom wishes to settle things with a war,” which is why “[Su-won] has already started to move.” Even Min-soo, a servant who does not step foot onto the battlefield knows that, “Even if we were to come to a superficial agreement now, Princess Kouren’s hate would not disappear, and an insurrection would still occur.” If Kouren inherits the throne alone, even if her soldiers don’t have the will to fight anymore, who knows what she could do? Perhaps not presently, but in the future, some people could still be forced to fight, whether they want to or not. And it's unfortunately true that, “thousands get killed in a pointless war” <- That’s what happens in every war. Yona and her gang have witnessed and even been involved in them. It’s just more personal now, because Yona’s friends were captured. *sigh* In an ideal world, of course we’d like no war to occur. But that’s not their world – people die on the battlefield on behalf of their country. Su-won’s men were ready to fight to protect Kouka, and it was clear that Kouka would win anyway. But like @Cuebee said in the 142th discussion thread:
Welp, just like how Hak left everything to the "current" leader of Wind tribe, then they can just leave all of it to the current leader of Kouka (Soo won) and come back when things are getting intense so save the day (because in the end, it will be everyone's fault except Yona)

What's important is that they were able to do what they wanted to do; help another country in expense of their own country and now if Yona will be able to help Kouren then she will gain another worshipper supporter.
Kouka could be left for Su-won to handle.

So why am I sticking around? For the dragons and Su-won. :) Again, if Yona’s good intentions backfire, it would be interesting to see how she could grow as a character. She’s an inexperienced 16-year-old who was never trained, and didn’t know about her country’s problems until she was chased out of the castle, so it could be fun to see how she would behave differently in the future. Otherwise, she’ll always have ‘fate’ by her side to save her butt – like Lili’s timing in front of Su-won and the soldiers, and that she was ‘fated’ to be Hiryuu’s reincarnation and have four amazing dragons who would always protect her…

Like you, I'm glad to see the gang reunite. I want the dragons and Yoon to rest, with enough food and shelter. <3 They deserve it. :) And I hope Kouren and Su-won't negotiation will be convincing (e.g., does not betray characterization).

EDIT: It's almost 3 AM here. xD I don't know what your timezone is, but goodnight!
Cloe900311Jul 27, 2017 10:45 AM
Jul 27, 2017 10:18 PM
Jul 2017
This chapter was great but again..................
When will I see yona confessing hak, I will be dead if yona ends up with su won cause it's feel like naruto and Sakura (hak and yona) and su won ( Sasuke) but without hinata to heal hak and me
Plzz some one help me.......
Jul 28, 2017 12:32 AM
Jun 2017
Subhadip546 Hak and Yona will be canon, is more than obvious. In the past I expected Hak to forget her and move on ( the same Yona did with Soo won), even I believed he will find another girl and fell for her. But now I think its late for that, plus ANY is a shoujo and I have never seen something like what happened to Naruto pairings in a shoujo ( except Hirunaka no ryuusei).
Aug 1, 2017 11:05 AM
Aug 2017
It was a great chapter. I can't wait for the next one, come on already...
By the way I loved how Shin-Ah saved them all in a blink of an eye (sans mauvais jeu de mots)
Aug 15, 2017 4:41 AM

Mar 2013
I remember how amazing Hak was during the time that he and Yona were being chased, they were surrounded by archers at all sides and yet he was able to dodge them all while protecting Yona without getting hit...but in these recent chapters, he couldn't dodge them and just used his body to protect Yona and even after that, Yona and Kouren had to fight back then later on it's just Kouren fighting back while Hak stand there being a shield.

I don't know if it's just me getting old but I am really starting to find these recent chapters too cheesy and cliche. I just really hope AnY won't end up getting ruined for the sake of fanservice for shippers.

Kouren's hatred towards Yuhon is understandable, however, it is not enough to justify what she planned to do for her entire country. She is their ruler and as a ruler she must always think of the welfare of her people first before anything else, bow if you must, surrender if you must, sacrifice yourself and your feelings if you must.

*Yawn*
Not gonna argue again with a stupid troll.
Mar 25, 2019 2:04 AM
Jan 2019
I hope this Xing kingdom war will end soon. Im bored reading this while my fave characters were imprisoned! Boring boring boring!
I hate Kouren though!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 257 Discussion

crocodileman94 - 3 hours ago

1 by TanmaySpamzzz »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 185 Discussion

shanimebib - Dec 20, 2019

26 by Syed_94 »»
Apr 12, 10:11 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 256 Discussion

DarkHumor04 - Apr 4

7 by TanmaySpamzzz »»
Apr 12, 5:12 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 175 Discussion

CrookedPanther - May 20, 2019

32 by Syed_94 »»
Apr 12, 3:41 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 152 Discussion ( 1 2 )

lacznosc - Dec 21, 2017

68 by Syed_94 »»
Apr 10, 3:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.