Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 6, 2017 5:27 AM

Jul 2009
Beatrice have a sad past, what a crazy dad, poor girl...
Aug 10, 2017 6:29 PM

Jun 2013
The campiest episode yet, complete with Ange dodging bullets in a minidress and a Beatrice who almost jeopardizes the mission multiple times while also incessantly squeaking the whole time. This is one of those episodes where you can either roll with it or turn off your screen. Fortunately, this time I didn't have to watch the whole thing twice to understand because it was a lot more straight-forward than the first two episodes.

Still, this episode had several good things to offer. It makes sense now why Beatrice is protective of Princess to a fault. The mission turned out to be a bonding experience for Ange and Beatrice.

Last but not least, the scene between Ange and Princess explains the gist of their motivations. There's still room for twists and details to be filled in later.

Sweet heavens, these two are going to be the death of me.
LeeTailorAug 10, 2017 7:35 PM
Aug 17, 2017 8:29 AM

Dec 2015
Little girls playing spies (typical children's games nonsense included)

2/5 This might be hard to follow until the mid-series game changer.
Aug 19, 2017 5:10 AM

Jun 2016
Omggg poor Beatrice. :/ Poor baby. :/ Her backstory is probably one of the most terrifying ones I've seen. Just seeing her father experiments on her. Omfg. Nooo. She can be annoying sometimes, but she's annoyingly adorable. And I understand her having trust issues with Ange and Dorothy, or the rest of the spies because yes they're suspicious and a group of liars like c'mon. Hahaha.

Despite her unfortunate experience with her father, she used the experiment 'aftermath' to her advantage.

Loved this episode. I'm hooked halp.

And holy shit I love the OP and ED songs. <3

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Aug 21, 2017 2:59 AM

Apr 2011
Oh my what Beatrice's dad did to her was F up. I feel bad about her. It was nice to see both Ange and Bea get a little closer.
Aug 24, 2017 9:13 PM

Dec 2013
Really good episode, though admittedly, I was pretty pissed off about Beatrice's involvement in the mission, and was expecting to hate her throughout the series due to her attitude, but all of that went away instantly once she used her voice to mimic that one guy (whatever his name was).
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu has hardly any range as a voice actor, and is grossly over-cast.

Yeah. I said it.
Aug 27, 2017 4:11 AM

Feb 2015
Beatrice's backstory caught me off guard. Wasn't something I expected they'd explain how she can change her voice anytime, but there straight ahead, you see her fucked up dad experimented on her own daughter as its very reason why, and it's quite a hard sight. They did a good job on the backstory regardless.

One time I actually got annoyed with Beatrice was she tried to compromise the mission, but fortunately, it went fine in the end. I really like the scene where the Corporal started to suspect the 'Major' was an impostor, but thanks to Ange who recognized his voice, they got out of the situation. That brief scene was too good to ignore.

It's another fun episode. Gonna need to catch up on this show lol

Sep 2, 2017 10:26 PM

Jan 2016
Damn Beatrice with that voice.

Ange is a liar.
Sep 10, 2017 12:07 PM
Jul 2018
I like how this ep makes the main characters feel much more disconnected from each other. But so far, the spy missions themselves I find...plain. Like, they just feel straightforward, "go from point A to point B".
Sep 13, 2017 2:47 PM

Dec 2015
Hopefully after this Beatrice will stop nagging everyone about her Hime-sama.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 14, 2017 7:47 AM

Nov 2011
Do you still want to use the prince's influence this time to complete another mission? Oh well! Perhaps Beatrice is the weakness of the cast, but the narrative still succeeds in empathizing with her. The story remains interesting.
Dec 1, 2017 3:50 PM

Jun 2011
Huge cringe, the fact that they're using this method that has been used many, many times in other anime to create a bond between two people who do not like each other.. tells me I shouldn't put much hope in this show.

"I don't trust you"
"You saved me, but I won't trust you.."
"I won't trust you, but.."
*something happened*
"Save yourself, get away, escape without me"
"Iyaaaaaaaa, issho ni ikou !!"
*Few moments later*
"Oretachi imawa besto friendo da wa"
*end of episode*
Bonus: "princess mai luv, princess ur luv" speech
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 19, 2018 2:27 AM

Mar 2015
Was good to see that whiny little brat come good in the end!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 25, 2018 7:25 PM

Jan 2018
Why does the Princess have to be involved in spy missions now though? Is it part of the deal/plan to help her become queen?

. .  ·        
* ✹   
        ✫ * .     *
  ⊹             ⋆

"いいえ"      

✧ ⋆   profile | anime list | manga list   ⋆ ✧
Apr 1, 2018 8:12 AM

May 2012
Loving the character development! Really like where this is going, let's see what's next!
Apr 23, 2018 3:59 PM
Dec 2015
GenesisAria said:
I'd love to meet the writer of this series, they got some pretty special brains to come up with all this shit in such immaculate detail and intent.

This show is not ceasing to impress me.

raytsh said:
I interpreted this as "Ange always lies" and in that way meant the opposite by liking "salt in her tea" and Bea got that and thus served sugar. Thus the remark of the "salt" being quite sweet.
Yeah that's exactly it - this anime does a very good job of filtering out the people who pay attention from those who don't.

Or in my less flattering lexicon: it separates the dim people from the keen ones. It does not pander the slow.

^ Exactly This.
I'm not enjoying much this show (because I don't like loli, I don't like the age, I don't like spy anime/movie/etc) but the plot so far doesn't have weak sides, people should really pay more attention, I've read tons of questions here which doesn't make sense.
Nov 18, 2018 9:50 PM

May 2018
Another great episode. Just wtf is wrong with Beato's father. He's so fucked up lol. Ange is a badass. 5/5
Feb 18, 2019 1:42 PM

Feb 2012
Beatrice's ability is perfect for a spy job

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
May 22, 2019 3:37 PM

Sep 2014
This show has it all. Not just action, mystery, animation, character design and plot but also yuri. And a good OP and ED of course.

Why havent I watched this sooner?

Beakos dad was a creep. I wonder if she is fine with water and her electronics.
Comander-07May 22, 2019 3:42 PM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jul 3, 2019 3:03 PM

Jun 2014
Beatrice was a bit annoying at first, but I believe she's warmed up to Ange a bit.

Jul 23, 2019 1:49 PM

Aug 2017
Beatrice was annoying in this episode but it seems that we know more about her past.

I didn't like this episode so much...there're several flaws.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 25, 2020 1:43 PM

Jul 2017
Good episode. Pretty fucked up that Beatrice was treated like an experimental toy by her father who basically messed up her vocal chords and replaced it with machinery instead, but at least it came convenient at a time like this where she's able to mimic voices to throw guards and others off so that she and Ange could escape safely. Quite the amount of action and thrill that this episode had, although I preferred the previous one for sure. Beatrice admittedly did annoy me a bit and nearly cost the mission several times with how loud she was that it could've been a distraction per say but luckily nothing happened so the mission wasn't jeopardized.
May 29, 2021 2:29 AM

Dec 2020
what the fuck that scene with beatrice getting experimented was horrid. it wasn't even up close or in detail but that was horrible to watch. liked this episode a lot, that last part with beatrice and ange joking was cute too
Jul 2, 2021 3:44 AM

Feb 2020
Poor Beatrice. :( Her father was a sick bastard, but at least her ability to mimic voices is pretty handy now.

SerafosJan 11, 1:11 AM
Aug 25, 2021 6:33 AM

Jul 2017
This episode being all about Princess Charlotte's helper Beatrice, and from the outside she seems innocent and all...until we hear that she is subjected to horrid familial experimentation. Nowhere is safe for the safeguard of Charlotte, but if there's any usefulness of her, is her voice-changing throat mechanism.

Of course, there's still espionage happening, and feels like Beatrice is following behind Ange on their mission, the only incentive that the mission is for Charlotte's safety with the limited time on Cavorite usage.

The ideologies between Ange and Beatrice will serve implications otherwise, but thankfully within one episode, they're getting along well.
Aug 30, 2021 9:25 PM

Jun 2016
Beatrice and Ange don't see eye to eye, but at least the mission went off without any major problems. Maybe the fact Beatrice should never have gone on the mission in the first place. Being Beatrice tho, she couldn't leave the Princess to these spies.

The mission was all fine and dandy, minor complaint tho, I just don't see how Beatrice knew that guys voice. Unless she heard it elsewhere, we barely even saw the guy until a minute or two before that. Oh wait, I know the answer to this. It's because they are spies, right. Damn, they're good after all...

Aug 23, 2022 10:09 AM

Nov 2013
Great episode, if we exclude the whole "dodging machinegun fire" BS moments.

And why do I have a feeling Beatrice may get killed one day? -_-
Dec 22, 2022 7:41 PM

Dec 2022
I gotta give Corporal Henry some credit, it was smart of him to suspect the 'Major' was an imposter. If Ange hadn't listened in to their conversation, they would have been toast!

Dec 31, 2022 4:57 AM

Apr 2013
Dorothy sure knows how to seduce a man, I like it. The action scenes were a bit too clichee, with multiple bullets not being able to hit anything.
Jan 10, 2023 8:56 AM

Dec 2018
Poor Beatrice but she made another friend. :')
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Princess Principal Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2017

102 by rainbowScarlet »»
Apr 17, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Princess Principal Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2017

132 by Bing_101010 »»
Sep 10, 2023 5:11 PM

Poll: » Princess Principal Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2017

205 by Bing_101010 »»
Sep 7, 2023 8:04 PM

Poll: » Princess Principal Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Thatonebadbro - Sep 24, 2017

183 by Epiroogu »»
Sep 3, 2023 12:31 PM

Poll: » Princess Principal Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2017

117 by Epiroogu »»
Sep 3, 2023 11:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.