Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 22, 2017 5:23 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Team 6's Cabba is pretty good....even Vegeta knows it. Glad to see he get a legitimate opponent. Not to mention, there's also Hit to watch out for.

Ofc Caulifla would kick some ass this episode, no surprise there. I'm glad she beat up some of those punks who were harassing Kale. I can't take Caulifla having muscles seriously though lmao Her fight with Goku felt awkward at first until she decided to use her speed more than muscles. Kale vs Goku is quite something...
Jul 22, 2017 5:51 PM

Jan 2012
Yeah the female saiyans certainly made quite the splash this week.
Jul 22, 2017 6:09 PM

Jul 2015
Well the fight between Goku and Caulifla was cool. I kinda like how they did a little throwback to the Broly movie with how Goku blasts a kamehame in front of Broly and he just takes it, it just kinda doesn't make sense for Blue to be struggling against LSSJ tbh, but that's just DB being DB
Jul 22, 2017 6:09 PM

Oct 2011
was expecting goku to bust out ssj3 and own caulifla but guess she wasn't worth it

still can't see who can pose a threat to Hit aside from jiren-goku he is just there for intimidation factor lol

"When the time is yours,
the future is waiting,
The person you become,
and the people you're creating.
"
Jul 22, 2017 7:00 PM

Dec 2014
ReguIus said:
Well the fight between Goku and Caulifla was cool. I kinda like how they did a little throwback to the Broly movie with how Goku blasts a kamehame in front of Broly and he just takes it, it just kinda doesn't make sense for Blue to be struggling against LSSJ tbh, but that's just DB being DB

gotta please the Broly fans

I love me some fanservice
Jul 22, 2017 7:03 PM

May 2011
Blue's kamehameha didn't do anything feels really extreme though
Jul 22, 2017 7:05 PM

Apr 2014
What ever happened happened. Just glad Jiren killed(defeated) the psycho berserker one shot. If Jiren did not even defeat Kale in berserker state. All my hype for him would've dropped down. XD maybe I am just being an idiot but yeah.
Jul 22, 2017 7:08 PM

May 2015
That moment when Broly isn't canon but this sad excuse of a ripoff is lmao
Jul 22, 2017 7:09 PM

Apr 2017
Good episode but the fact that Goku even in his SSB wasn't enough for Kale's LSSJ was kinda BS imo but it didn't bother me from enjoying this episode. Next week's episode looks like it's going to be okay.
Only in death are we all equal.
Jul 22, 2017 7:18 PM

Sep 2016
Jiren = OP
Broly = instant rage fanservice
Blue = useless as usual

waiting for manga to fix shit up as usual
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jul 22, 2017 7:18 PM

May 2015
so let me get this straight your telling me this broly rip off kale is just as strong maybe even stronger than SSB goku ??? power scaling intensifies.
good episode though but that kale power level is bullshit.
Jul 22, 2017 7:20 PM

Apr 2014
Goku was holding back, you plebs

kill = disqualification

better safe than sorry
themanualreader@proton.me
Jul 22, 2017 7:35 PM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
The power level was already destroyed. We don't know now which SSJ version is stronger than the other. Was a fun episode, however Goku in blue even if he was holding can't be that weak because if he fights against Jiren is going to be pulverized.

Jul 22, 2017 7:38 PM

Sep 2015
They just use this Broly to ring out almost every fodder fighter.
bad just really bad excuse.

Broly cannon or not obviously always rage out when they see Goku/Kakarot
When you use blue + kamehameha and your enemy can walk normaly tank your shit clearly bad news. but dbs's Goku always let his guard down
Into the Internet!
Jul 22, 2017 7:49 PM

Apr 2016
Okey not going to lie. This episode was straight up hype and I loved it. I was screaming the entire time Kale went Legendary Super Saiyan....But....there are big gripes in this thing.

It was fun yes. But SSB is once again shown to be kinda useless against yet an other foe. But at least with LSS it's understandable because the entire gimmick of LSS is that it's overpowered bullshit and that is why we love it. But I would rather have seen Goku go SS3 and gotten his Kamehameha be nothing more than an annoyance.

Now for the real big gripe..... This entire episode got a lot less impressive when realization that the episode was just setting up Kale to be a warf for Jiren... Wich is so annoying because we already got Jirens hype from exposition for a lot of episodes now. Or would have been fine with Hit being the warf as we already know he is strong.

So yeah. Amazingly fun episode. But once you think about it. It's kinda of a bitch episode.
Jul 22, 2017 8:00 PM

Feb 2016

What is Krillin's role in the show again? Videl would have been a better choice lol.

And it would be cool if Kale said Kakarot like the OG Broly instead of calling him Son Goku
CareBearJul 22, 2017 8:17 PM
Jul 22, 2017 8:05 PM

Apr 2014
best ep so far was awesome to see Caulifla and Kale in action loved every bit of this ep

looking forward to next ep finally get to see people against jiren's team so should be interesting
"one step at a time"
Jul 22, 2017 8:06 PM
Dec 2016
Haahahahahaha Toriyama and Toei always forget how to scale opponents correctly. Kale is a monster, good lord. But seriously, how the hell is Kale as strong as Blue, even is Goku was holding back, at most it should have been as strong as ssj3.

Also I kind of hate how the concept have been downplayed terribly, but don't take my opinion for it because when the episode was over. I was still grinning like a madman. Jiren is still overpowered. Cant wait for Jiren vs Hit, then hit loses then goku steps in.

Overall an amazing 100th episode.
Jul 22, 2017 8:06 PM

Mar 2008
a pure kale is a pure copy browly, even her scream kakaroto!! but is son goku!!!
Jul 22, 2017 8:09 PM

Jan 2009
wow so Broly (the female doppelganger that is) is as strong as Super Saiyan Blue? wtf, but this episode has some nice action, i was expecting Caulifla to go Super Saiyan 3 though lol

Jiren is too strong, he just one shotted Kale/Broly
Jul 22, 2017 8:15 PM

May 2015
Damn they are hyping Jiren he REKT Kale in her Saiyan form and even Hitto backed out when the opportunity presented where is Monaka when you need him! XD That preview tho I want to wait to see how they are going to do the Pride Troopers pose I hope is on par with Ginyu Force or Great Saiyaman...
Jul 22, 2017 8:21 PM

Mar 2014
I enjoyed it. I liked the interactions between Goku and Caulifla. Another thing I enjoyed about it was watching the LSSJ transformation destroying Goku in SSJ2 and even making Goku struggle while in his SSJB form. The reason I enjoyed it was because I remember years back that people kept telling me that Broly was weaker than SSJ2 and I'd argue against them. Then years after that TFS said the same thing and people treated that like it was written in stone. Now I feel like people will be less inclined to say that LSSJ is weaker than SSJ2 or even SSJ3.
Jul 22, 2017 8:23 PM

Jan 2014
Kale gets points for having a better reason to not like goku than broly did.
Jul 22, 2017 8:23 PM

Jan 2009
Vegeta comment on Broly/Kale is interesting though, he said that maybe the true form of super saiyan, so that Broly form must be the final form of normal super saiyan since super saiyan god form is like artificial transformation anyway with all the ritual of 5 pure heart saiyans needed to make it work

i like it though since green color symbolizes nature so it makes sense to make it the true form of super saiyan
Jul 22, 2017 8:30 PM

Sep 2016
This episode is full of disappointment, turning to blue and still cannot push kale using kamehameha doesn't make any sense, in that kamehameha scene Goku should've stayed SS2 and it will be much more acceptable that Kale tank it, SSB uses god ki but can't even push a non-god SSBerserker.

Hit and Jiren hype also lost. Only good thing in this episode is Jiren taking care of Kale easily which is what SSB suppose to do from the start, but even that has problem, he already got Kale, why not keep pushing her out the stage with that blast? I mean Kale eliminate one of Jiren's teammate so why save her to fall inside the stage?
Jul 22, 2017 8:30 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
And just like that the Yardrat dude got eliminated, funny how he was spamming IT.

First time seeing Goku get mad over someone interrupting his fight, Overall the Kale vs Goku fight was alright. Kind of got annoyed at the whole Son Goku line, Kakarot would've sounded better imo.
Kale eating that Kamehameha was interesting, but wow Jiren is a beast.

Next week looks lit too.

Jul 22, 2017 8:36 PM

Jun 2015
Dayum goku got annihilated by kale, and jiren easily finished kale with just one energy blast?!?!?! *_*

Can't wait for goku vs jiren, it would be fucking epic *__*
Jul 22, 2017 8:38 PM

Jul 2014
That Kamehameha, Super being Super again.
Jul 22, 2017 8:51 PM

Nov 2016
The 100th episode certainly delivered.

The fight against the female Sayajins was dope and lol the power scale was off again, but honestly after so many episodes this is nothing new. Can't wait for the manga and if it will fix things up a bit.

And I knew that the hinted Hit and Jiren face off was just tease, but the latter one could still show how op he is. I would still like to see the two going full power against each other.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 22, 2017 8:54 PM

Jan 2014
j0x said:
Vegeta comment on Broly/Kale is interesting though, he said that maybe the true form of super saiyan, so that Broly form must be the final form of normal super saiyan since super saiyan god form is like artificial transformation anyway with all the ritual of 5 pure heart saiyans needed to make it work

i like it though since green color symbolizes nature so it makes sense to make it the true form of super saiyan
I think by true form he means the rage since saiyans were primarily savages
Jul 22, 2017 8:55 PM

Jan 2014
You know what? That kamehameha reminded me of that superman vs goku death battle lol/
Jul 22, 2017 8:55 PM

Jan 2016
The fight between Goku and Kale was a bit awkward to see... The Trunks thing with Zamasu was too controversial, even for DBS standards; but in this case, I want to believe that Goku was actually holding back to his SSJ3 limits because if you think about it, SSJ Blue is a better form than SSJ3 to keep energy. Otherwise how can Goku stand against Jiren (as implied in the opening), who really KOed Kale with so much ease? After all, Goku was able to hold back A LOT against Krillin xD This is why I prefer the manga.

Anyways, besides of that... Vegeta said something interesting about Kale's form. Though such reaction means that Broly doesn't exist in U7. And next episode finally focuses on U11, the awkward dudes who always pose whenever they say "Justice" xD
THANKS SENPIEX
Jul 22, 2017 9:04 PM

May 2016
I don't understand nothing of this....

1 - the brolly woman is very fun hahahahahaha
2- wath the hell came mountains and stones in the arena
3- goku ssj blue <<<<<<<<<< Kale, really........
4- kamehameha of the goku blue is nothing in nowdays....
5-Caulifla ssj2 too fast... gohan saw a man die for cell to get ssj2, and Caulifla get it in 1 episode, 20 minutes in the anime.....

Well I love Dragon Ball, but it's very strange... Strength does not make sense anymore. I hope you get better at fighting with Jiren.
sirYukiJul 22, 2017 9:21 PM
『  』
Jul 22, 2017 9:16 PM

Dec 2016
It's a good episode I like it ,
Also Caulifla is a good character.
😊😊
Jul 22, 2017 9:17 PM

Nov 2011
Broly is confirmed not canon. That's sad.

Still the throwback to the movie is pretty cool like the part where Goku's Kamehameha was useless against the Legendary Super Saiyan.

Jul 22, 2017 9:17 PM

Aug 2014
valkyrus said:
but that kale power level is bullshit.

To be fair since Broly isn't canon we can say that Kale form is a "new" transformation, so... they can change the rules without consequences.
kofmasterJul 22, 2017 9:27 PM
Jul 22, 2017 9:34 PM

May 2015
kofmaster said:
but To be fair since Broly isn't canon we can say that Kale's form is a "new" transformation, so... they can change the rules without consequences..

that doesn't make it right man. it's lazy writing and they only did it because of nostalgia purposes the whole fight had throwbacks to the original goku&Broly fight. in normal circumstances SSB goku shouldn't be struggling against her even if he held back i mean if he cant beat kale then how the hell can he beat jiren ??
Jul 22, 2017 9:43 PM

Aug 2014
valkyrus said:
kofmaster said:
but To be fair since Broly isn't canon we can say that Kale's form is a "new" transformation, so... they can change the rules without consequences..

that doesn't make it right man. it's lazy writing and they only did it because of nostalgia purposes the whole fight had throwbacks to the original goku&Broly fight.

indeed, it was lazy, the whole battle was the Broly movie all over again. At least was fun to watch.

SSB goku shouldn't be struggling against her even if he held back i mean if he cant beat kale then how the hell can he beat jiren ??

That was precisely the purpose of that scene, to show that Goku can't do anything against Jiren
kofmasterJul 22, 2017 9:50 PM
Jul 22, 2017 9:55 PM

May 2017
Was fine till kale took a ssb kamehameha to the chest without flinching. They have been fucking up the power scaling lately. This is only her second time transforming and goku has been training with gods and even played a huge part in killing a "god". Fanservice should never fuck with the system on a canon episode.

This episode is GARBAGE, just like the krillin fanservice episode where krillin went head to head with ssb goku as if they were equals.

The only person taking a ssb kamehameha is someone like jiren. Not a newbie saiyan, legendary or otherwise.
Jul 22, 2017 10:01 PM

May 2015

o well what's done is done. no point in autistically screeching about it further more tbh. it was cool but didn't make any sense to me atleast now watch them give caulifla SSB out of nowhere and she'll be like stronger than beerus all these hacks man jeez :/
Jul 22, 2017 10:09 PM
Mar 2015
Power scale: SSJ1>BROLY(KALE)>SSJ2>>>SSJ3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SSBLUE

Writing talent and respect for his characters: Hiro Mashima>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Akira Toriyama(scum)
Jul 22, 2017 10:10 PM

Feb 2013
SweetKiichigo said:
And just like that the Yardrat dude got eliminated, funny how he was spamming IT.

First time seeing Goku get mad over someone interrupting his fight, Overall the Kale vs Goku fight was alright. Kind of got annoyed at the whole Son Goku line, Kakarot would've sounded better imo.
Kale eating that Kamehameha was interesting, but wow Jiren is a beast.

Next week looks lit too.

The Yardrat isn't knocked out as we don't see him out of the stage or Zeno erasing him in the tablet. He's still there.

sirYuki said:

5-Caulifla ssj2 too fast... gohan saw a man die for cell to get ssj2, and Caulifla get it in 1 episode, 20 minutes in the anime.....

Well I love Dragon Ball, but it's very strange... Strength does not make sense anymore. I hope you get better at fighting with Jiren.

Gohan transformed in SSJ2 for the first time in the Hyperbolic time chamber. He reached that level and after that he transformed again against Cell. It was the same with Caulifla with her transforming without known and after that as the episode showed, she reached the form with Goku's teaching.
Jul 22, 2017 10:11 PM

Feb 2013
Demimbecil said:

Writing talent and respect for his characters: Hiro Mashima>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Akira Toriyama(scum)

Lmao. That post is a joke.
Jul 22, 2017 10:25 PM

Mar 2014
Love it! First was a good fighting vs Caulifla and "the s-it just got real" with Kale's rampage! I really loved how Goku got rekted as SSJ2, forcing him to use the blue form. Dat blue kamehameha was a reference to the first Broly movie!

I really like Hit using his temporal time as livesaver function for his teammates xD
Jul 22, 2017 10:25 PM

Feb 2012
All I need is Gohan comeback, is that too much?
Jul 22, 2017 11:46 PM

Dec 2014
Good episode but I have my issues.

The Goku vs Caulifa battle was really good and I really loved how Goku was kinda teaching her during the battle. I honestly would've preferred if they actually had that battle last longer.

The Kale transformation felt kinda tacked on and I didn't really like how it was brought about by them making Kale feel useless. They could've just extended the Cailifla vs Goku fight with Goku eventually defeating her upon which Kale transforms, it would've at least had more meaning than what we got but whatever.

I honestly don't like how they make SSJB feel so underwhelming with Kale tanking the Kamehameha even if she did take some damage. It makes me feel SSJ3 is the superior form, simply put the Blue transformations have no impact. Compare Blue to any of the original transformations especially 3 and it really feels underwhelming despite being far more powerful. The power scaling has always been bad in DBS but they take things too far if you ask me.

We need more Vegeta vs Cabba.

Jiren was awesome and honestly the U11 Power Rangers are saving this arc for me. Them poses and badassery by not looking at explosions. XD
Jul 23, 2017 12:33 AM

Sep 2013
When I see caulifla Vs Goku, I see a fight between a Father and daughter somehow XD. they both so similar in love to fight XD
Jul 23, 2017 12:37 AM

Oct 2016
This episode felt...awkward. The pace was really slow at the start and then, after the eyecatch everything was so rushed and lacked any impact.

Kale is an awful character who gets stronger than SSJB Goku through fanservice and her sole purpose in this tournament was just to become fodder for Jiren, apparently. Even the scene where Jiren beats Kale is so rushed that lasts less than 10 seconds.

The previous episodes of the tournament have been reusing animations from the past, but at least the pace was consistent and didn't skip core moments (such as the Pride Trooper getting knocked out in this episode).
Jul 23, 2017 12:58 AM

Oct 2016
Guys Kale Is not even close to SSJB Goku level, Goku didnt even fought her as a SSJB the way he should of have, He only used a Kamehameha, and one of the main reasons it wasnt that effective was because she can kinda like absorb the energy blast but thats about it, and you have to consider the fact that Goku Didnt use a Full Power Kamehameha because there was no point in waisting that much energy on her, If Goku tried to Punch her he would of have beated her easily plus would have dodged every attack.
And Goku wasnt even scratched by all her punches lol.

You all judge the power scale way to fast, Goku did not tried to fight hand to hand vs Kale as a SSJB.

Demimbecil said:

? I never saw Kale being superior to Blue, The only reason they didnt show Goku fight her as blue was because he would have beated her easily just like Jiren, Yes she tanked the Kamehameha but she is like broly and can kinda absorb energy, Goku Only used a Kamehameha as blue, he didnt even tried to attack her in hand to hand combat, also it seemed that Goku didnt even wanted to finish Caulifla off because he doesnt want them to get killed by Zeno. You jump to conclusions pretty fast.

sirYuki said:

1. Yeah she is.
2. these are just parts of the platform that went flying and ended up there.
3. Not really, Did you even see Goku going hand to hand against her?, He only used a Kamehameha, and the only reason it wasnt that effective was because she can absorb energy in a way just like Broly. If Goku really wanted he would have defeated both of them.
5. Gohan got SSJ1 and SSJ2 in 1 training session lol, Caulifla didnt need to see a man die because she was able to see Goku transformation.
And Caulifla was already older and more experienced n stronger than Base Gohan in the cell Saga.
MaitozJul 23, 2017 1:12 AM
Jul 23, 2017 1:12 AM
Jun 2017
Loved this episode. Rode the hype train all the way through lol. Kale raging was awesome, just wrecking shop. I heard kakarot and was just laughing the entire time.

Great tournament so far, awesome character developments and the ssj battles are just splendid. Jiren one shotting kale is supposed to show just how insane jiren is. Especially after blue not doing anything on a true ssj. Stop worrying about power scaling, it all went to shit long ago.

Can't help but wonder what friezas up to
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

102 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 66 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2016

352 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 8:46 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

57 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 18, 10:34 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 62 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2016

93 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 18, 10:28 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 60 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2016

98 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 18, 9:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.