Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Welcome to the Ballroom
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 27, 2017 7:38 PM
Jul 2017
I like it they are so competitivei (it should be happen in real life some time not only in dancing)
Jul 27, 2017 10:19 PM

Oct 2012
I'm sure Kiyohara tripped down the stairs. He should just be lucky that Great Teacher Sengoku kept him in the round by pushing Tatara to dance. Or was that Kiyohara's downfall and Tatara's rise? Did Tatara steal more than his outfit? No doubt there's double meaning in the final line: Give it back!
Jul 28, 2017 6:24 AM

Apr 2010
deafnote said:
Sigh. I've been beyond patient with this series, but week after week, I'm not being rewarded for it. The break-neck pacing, obnoxious fanservice and poorly scripted characters are telling me to stop taking this show seriously. Maybe I'll enjoy it more once I do. The manga was considered for an award, so I'm honestly shocked at how juvenile and sloppy some of the narrative is

I'm getting really annoyed with Tatara's photographic memory. It's hard to root for a guy when everything seems to come so easily to him. Three episodes in and he's already in a competition? Congrats... I suppose

I also find Sengoku to be really annoying. He's a great character when he's in teacher mode, but his mood swings are childish and off-putting. Shizuku is decent enough, though I hate seeing such a bright and talented female lead being compromised the way she is sometimes. I am glad I didn't have to hear Kiyoharu yawn 40 times an episode this week. That's a positive

The ugly CGI models in the original PV should have been a clear indication that there would be some laziness when it came to dance scenes. I'm not sure why I didn't figure that out sooner. Mappa has 3 separate anime with beautiful, fluid dance choreography, but the best IG can do with this is hula hips and still shots?

I'm still in, despite everything. I really want to like this, but I definitely haven't been impressed so far

This ^

I guess the main character is like a genius that can do everything without training just by watching it (WTF?!)
At least in Yuri on Ice, Yuri trained his ass off and didn't started as a completely beginner noob.

Overall I'm enjoyin this show though.
Jul 28, 2017 6:30 AM

Jun 2008
I could smell the smell of hairspray when Sengoku was doing Tatara's hair. Cause the only times i've used hairspray in my life is when i was doing dance competitions.

I really liked all the behind the scenes scenes.
Jul 29, 2017 10:29 AM

Jan 2012
Still find the way they bend their neck and back disturbing... Really doesn't look very comfortable dancing with your back bent like that the whole dance...
Jul 30, 2017 12:02 AM

Jan 2013
Good episode, missing the long continuous animated dances like from Yuri on Ice, but the characters are so so detailed that will be hard to pull off in anything more than a couple second bursts.
Jul 31, 2017 8:19 AM

Jun 2016
Ugh. After 3 episodes, I love its OP now.

Tatara's grandmother is so cute. <3 I wanna hug her so bad.

What the hell are you talking about, Tatara? All of y'all have long necks! Hahaha.

Shizuku's so gorgeous, but oh my god this scene:

What the hell did you do to her, Sengoku-san? Hahahaha!

Motherfucking monkey pushed Hyodo-kun! How fucking dare you pushed the cinnamon roll!?!?! Anfdgnsgnog!

So proud of Tatara in this episode. Ugh. I'm slowly falling love with this anime; it's getting better.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jul 31, 2017 11:09 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Not super fond of Tatara being the replacement. Can't take this show too seriously if it's going to be so loose. Whatever though, it's fine. If they don't care then I guess I don't care.

dm106 said:
BTW, I hope that by episode 10 you guys stop talking about their damn necks.
Join the party or it's gonna be...

SwiggyJul 31, 2017 11:12 PM

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Aug 1, 2017 1:55 AM
Mar 2017
Tatara was so happy, but now Hyodo's pissed lol
Aug 1, 2017 6:43 PM

Feb 2015
That could be one of the most exciting things our main could do, like wow, he's brave.
Aug 8, 2017 5:34 PM

Jun 2013
I understand that dancing and sex are similar concepts but I'm really annoyed with the obvious Shizuku baiting. And I tried, but I can't take Tatara seriously. He started showing some personality in the scene where he was with his family, but it's too little, too late. His voice is also genuinely grating sometimes. By Shizuku baiting I mean that both the romantic implications and the fanservice actively bother me by now. The romance feels forced and premature and the fanservice awkward and patronizing.

All that said, this moment is actually kind of funny, if viewed independently of the show.

click for full size
LeeTailorAug 8, 2017 7:08 PM
Aug 18, 2017 8:48 PM

Feb 2008
Why was she allowed to bring a camera into the dressing room? Especially if she was going to take pictures of women with their tops off.

I think I may have to drop this series. The whole focus of it is the dance sequences, but they're poorly done in every possible way. They're too short, there's too many stills and the art style is so atrocious that I can't wait for them to end.

If the stadium is that empty, I wouldn't think they'd have rented it. Its not like this is a new competition that doesn't know what its ticket sales will be like.

I really thought he was going to say something to those two in the toilet. But nope, he just stormed out without saying anything. Does he really think they didn't just pick up their conversation where they left off?

There's no way they'd let someone sub in during the championship. Also, how did that suit fit him? They've made a very big deal out of the fact that he's much shorter than the suit's owner.
Sep 5, 2017 1:55 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
her first challenger, and a nice smile!!! kekeke
Sep 8, 2017 2:33 AM

Jun 2013
Poor Tatara, he was compared to a dog, fawn then Madagascan monkey.

Awwww, Tatara's granny so cute. I loved his commentary, if he doesn't make it as a professional ballroom dancer, he can become an announcer for sumo wrestling matches.

Karen's magnificent breasts. <3

Shizuku and Hyodo shine even in the Latin dance event, they look so good together.

Poor Hyodo taping his wounds while people talked smack about him. I'm sure he's used to it, lots of jealous people out there.

Now it's Tatara's turn to dance and pretend to be Hyodo lol He's a mini Hyodo fledgling.

I'm learning new terms about ballroom dancing. The best thing about these Anime and manga series that focus on a sport or anything at all is that they introduce terminology and things that I never knew about prior to watching it and I show a little interest by researching it to a certain extent.

Aww, look at how happy Tatara is. He's no Hyodo since Hyodo is a god but he has potential. He doesn't look good with Shizuku, Hyodo x Shizuku is OTP but I know he's going to have a partner that suits him.

Possessive Hyodo at the end. <3
臭い-
Sep 8, 2017 3:25 AM

Jan 2017
Well it was a nice improvised dance for a beginner like Tatara. Poor Hyoudo, he was shoved downstairs by the other champion man, I didn't expect this show to have that kind of things.
Karasuno Fight!!!
Sep 30, 2017 8:36 AM

Nov 2011
The plot so far is too much telegraphed, and Tatara is too good to be a novel, in the face of who says that if you work hard, you will have results, here is quite absent this concept, beautiful life in anime series, LOL. However, the rest is interesting and enjoyable, starting with Tatara's dance together with Shizuku and passing on comic pieces.
Dec 17, 2017 11:01 PM

May 2013
Seems people are nitpicking at the abnormally drawn body proportions and how fast Fujita is progressing. Tbh I was too bc I have dancer bias lololol but then I snapped out of it after remembering things like Kuroko no Basuke xD SOOOOOOO.

Once you get past the part where it's anime and doesn't necessarily have to be logical, I think you'll be able to fully enjoy the series ;P

Like it's crazy how he has a camera memory and can replicate even the difficult moves just by looking at it then mimicking the details. And how he clicks with Shizuku right off the bat, but whuttevs :P it gives me an adrenaline rush when Shizu and Sengoku get shook by it hahhaha

Poor Hyoudo D; but hey. You gotta get back in the game, mang! It's not like he's trying to steal your spotlight. And at least this gives you that knock of sense into head since last episode, YOU DID SAY THAT YOU DIDN'T CARE IF FUJITA STEALS YA DANCE PARTNER, REMEMBER?????? Getcho shit together. It'll be okie :}
Dec 18, 2017 3:43 AM

Sep 2008
Oh the tension, oh the cringe! Seriously, this anime makes me feel like I'm the one dancing and it just makes me wanna burst. The thoughts that go through Tatara's mind, the moves themselves, the way he has to carry them out and everything is making me cringe so bad and at the same time it's only getting more interesting and I don't know how I'm gonna handle this anime by the end :D.
So far I also had some cringes in the first and second one, but this episode gave me a hundred cringing moments at least but I still can't wait till the next one.
Jan 19, 2018 5:28 AM

Jul 2016
Holy crap! i shit myself when he was sitting on the toilet!

Also what was with that ending? 0_o
Oct 3, 2018 4:51 PM

Jun 2011
Kinda pissed at how OP Tatara is, for someone who's really new to the sports and just happened to know about it a short minute ago.

On the other hand, I am loving the "prodigy" Hyoudou who works hard on his craft for over 9 years, cares about his partner, hot asf and still have the chill laid back attitude.

Hard to root for the protagonist when he's hardly an underdog. He's talented asf. He's always smiling which pisses me off too, wtf r u smiling about?
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jun 17, 2019 3:53 PM
Jul 2014
Yay congrats to Tatara for completing the Waltz, even though Sengoku wasn't happy with it lol he did good

SENGOKU IS TOO MUCH LMAOOO He's so aggressive and abrupt and FOR WHAT
This pep talk is bit too PEPPY

OH MY GOD I wasn't expecting this much drama from this anime idk why since I know what Dance Moms is like.
Poor Hyoudou!! His knee!! Those two guys in the bathroom!!! That other guy who really IS A DIRTY GORILLA in that incriminating 2 second scene I'M----

OMFG and Tatara has to take his place jsdjdksjd
somehow it didn't totally combust in flames lol good job Tatara the shadowing really helped
THOSE PANTLEGS THO *FACEPALMS*

THAT ENDING THOUGH O.o SO INTENSE
I can understand why he'd be mad but i think all of that intensity toward Tatara was because of his frustration with himself and/or how he sees something in Tatara that he just doesn't have or has lost somewhere along the way. :/
Oct 13, 2019 3:26 AM

Mar 2015
Whoa awesome episode, Tatara thrown straight into things but able to navigate the storm somehow!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 21, 2019 12:44 AM

Sep 2018
Hyodo shaking his waist is so sexy lol he's so handsome!! Hahahah

It's unbelievable Tatara can dance without practicing with a partner!
May 25, 2020 1:00 PM
Apr 2018
Ughhh, this episode was so embarrassing to watch, especially during the waltz, also how come no one noticed Hyodo was not the one dancing?

Not sure how I feel about this series yet, the faces the character do while dancing, when they smile, look terrifying to me: it reminded me of synchronized swimming. There isn't too much dance yet... I'll keep watching it because I think it can get better
Sep 22, 2020 8:29 PM

Jan 2014
sad the fanservice didn't go away (in fact it got worse lmao)

i am also starting to sense how trope-y the show is, i guess that's the shounen aspect. but it's still super enjoyable and i'm still in love with the art style. excited about kiyoharu's characterization, looking forward to next episode!
Dec 31, 2021 1:36 PM
May 2021
Wow.
3rd episode and it reached a high point, with a quick drop leaving us hanging on what to comes next.
I can't believe a dance anime, is actual really good.
I love it for the intense drama, but they did pull a Nancy Kerrigan/Tonya Harding rival attack, but still whatever works.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ballroom e Youkoso Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2017

173 by Copie »»
Apr 9, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Ballroom e Youkoso Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Naruleach - Jul 2, 2017

125 by ThorPalma »»
Jan 1, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Ballroom e Youkoso Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2017

59 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 30, 2023 10:34 PM

Poll: » Ballroom e Youkoso Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

57 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 30, 2023 12:16 AM

Poll: » Ballroom e Youkoso Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2017

51 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 28, 2023 9:41 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.