Forum Settings
Forums

Official 2017-18 NBA Discussion Thread. (PLAYOFFS Conference Finals)

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Oct 22, 2017 11:20 AM
Jul 2018
Loving my Raptors right now. They are moving the ball like the Spurs right now.

Thank goooodness, no more iso ball. #WeTheNorth
Oct 22, 2017 12:14 PM

Aug 2016
Warriors got each others back like a family. KD getting tossed out with his brother Curry. Much respect for Dub Nation.

Oct 22, 2017 2:16 PM

Mar 2013
is it too late to bandwagon the Bucks yet?
Oct 22, 2017 5:05 PM

Aug 2013
Thunder vs. Wolves is lit
Oct 23, 2017 7:54 PM

Aug 2015

Triple-Double in his 4th pro game. Averaging 17 points, 10 rebounds and 7 assists. Watch out NBA!
Oct 24, 2017 4:55 AM

Aug 2016
Just watched the Sixers game, they are really fun to watch this season, especially Simmons really excited to see how he'll perform in the future.

Also, Jordan Bell with that self oop, what a guy
Oct 24, 2017 9:46 PM

Aug 2016
Why is that overrated trash Wall tryin' to talk shit right now? He's had one of the most solid starting lineups in the last 2-3 years and has done nothing with it.

Overrated ass player going to get destroyed by Big Baller Brand.
Oct 26, 2017 11:09 AM

Aug 2016
Well would you look at that... So much for "torturing" Lonzo. Undefeated Wizards losing to the Lakers... Wall played like shit for the first half and overall shot 7-22..

John Wall is a massive clown and a fraud. I remember when he made one game winning shot in the playoffs and beat his chest on the announcers desk and lost the following game 7. He was feeling himself this entire game when he was ahead and being carried by Beal. But beal can only do so much.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH.
Oct 26, 2017 10:55 PM
May 2015
JFuji said:
Why is that overrated trash Wall tryin' to talk shit right now? He's had one of the most solid starting lineups in the last 2-3 years and has done nothing with it.

Lonzo can only hope to be what wall is.
Lonzo is Rubio 2.0. D'angelo is better lmao.
EL PSY CONGROO
Oct 26, 2017 11:05 PM
Jul 2018
Celtics get vengeance by beating the Bucks at their old home court hahaha
Oct 27, 2017 1:24 AM

Aug 2016
6Man said:
JFuji said:

Hate to break it to you, but the great Skip Bayless has already said Lonzo will be a transcendent player. It's already set in motion.
D'angelo is better? Strange how the nets beat the cavs without him. Must be a no impact player.
Oct 27, 2017 2:49 PM

May 2014
Lakers play Raptors tonight. I'd be surprised if Lakers win, but I just want it to be competitive. If Ball could score more it would help. We just need Ingram to be a consistent scorer as well. With KCP, Lopez, Kuzma, Nance and Randle, Clarkson, they are really exciting to watch.

Going to a game next month. Can't wait.
Oct 27, 2017 6:49 PM

Aug 2013
Round 2 - Thunder vs. Wolves is pretty suspect so far. The latter is getting all the calls, the disparity between freethrow shots is crazy.
Oct 27, 2017 9:24 PM

Jan 2009
that Draymond and Beal fight though, not watching the game but seen the highlights of the fight lol
Oct 27, 2017 10:11 PM

Apr 2012
JFuji said:
6Man said:

Hate to break it to you, but the great Skip Bayless has already said Lonzo will be a transcendent player. It's already set in motion.
D'angelo is better? Strange how the nets beat the cavs without him. Must be a no impact player.

maybe if Lonzo fixed his weird ass shot
he'd be better

he can dish and rebound but until he's popping off offensively
he'll just be another average/above average point guard

transcendent i just don't see it lol
zzzeallyOct 27, 2017 10:24 PM

Oct 27, 2017 11:07 PM
Jul 2018
The bench has been really productive for the Lakers. Clarkson and Randle should get more minutes. Josh Hart really surprised me with his performance. Kuzma played his part pretty well. However, Lonzo Ball had a disappointing game. 5 points in 32 minutes just isn't good enough, irrespective of whether he's a pass-first PG or not. If he continues being passive in his approach, it's gonna be really tough for him. He should be able to start the fast break and score from time to time. If he can't do that, then there's no point in grabbing boards and starting the fast break. I hope he becomes a lot more aggressive in his approach as the season progresses. Brandon Ingram just doesn't seem like a consistent player. Despite being a sophomore in the league, he hasn't really done anything significant to prove himself. Brook Lopez and KCP weren't good enough. The Lakers still have a long way to go.
Oct 28, 2017 8:06 PM
Jul 2018
Donovan Mitchell seems like the real deal. He followed up a thunderous dunk with a slick 3-pointer. I'm looking forward to seeing more from this dude over the course of the season.

Ben Simmons is definitely my pick for Rookie of the Year. He's been PHENOMENAL for the Sixers. His playmaking ability is off the charts.

removed-userOct 28, 2017 8:37 PM
Oct 28, 2017 8:25 PM

Aug 2013
LOOOOL Donovan Mitchell shitted all over Gonzo.

I don't want to hear about this Lakers team anymore, Kuzma and Clarkson are lit though.
Oct 29, 2017 1:11 AM

Mar 2012
Sooo hyped to see Mitchell develop throughout the season. He's had a rough start with his shot to open the year, but throwing him into the deep end now should pay off in the long run. His defense has been pretty good for a rookie, which is another thing to look forward to.
Oct 29, 2017 2:37 AM

Jan 2009
that dunk by that Mitchell guy is easily a candidate for dunk of the year lol
Oct 29, 2017 2:35 PM

Mar 2013
I'll ride along on the Ben Simmons ROTY train, he's exciting
Nov 1, 2017 3:29 AM

Aug 2016
Nov 1, 2017 11:00 PM

Jun 2013
cavs shitting the bed hard right now, and celtics doing the best in the east (and magic). makes you wonder how they could be with hayward.

go lakers! id be happy with a 30 win season, and that seems possible as long as they lock in on defense and keep up the offensive chemistry.

Nov 2, 2017 3:01 AM

Jun 2008
The season doesn’t really start until Christmas IMHO...

Everything right now is simply to early to make anything of.
Nov 2, 2017 10:08 PM

Aug 2013
DAMIAN LILLARD TIMEEEEEEE

BiserNov 3, 2017 10:22 AM
Nov 2, 2017 10:13 PM

Jul 2012
Dame Dolla back at it again.

Nurkic had a great game too.
Nov 3, 2017 10:23 AM

Jun 2015
--ALEX-- said:

Ye. I really don't understand why analysts are determining players' entire careers through the "small sample sizes" of this season; not a Sixers fan but it's really fucked up what the media and community have treated Markelle Fultz.
Nov 3, 2017 11:03 AM
Jul 2018
bmoore07 said:
--ALEX-- said:

Ye. I really don't understand why analysts are determining players' entire careers through the "small sample sizes" of this season; not a Sixers fan but it's really fucked up what the media and community have treated Markelle Fultz.

There's a reason why they're treating Fultz like that. It's primarily because of the way his agent has been portraying the situation. At first, he said that Fultz had liquid drained from his right shoulder which resulted in some complications. To make things worse, after Markelle's first couple of games, the agent went on to say that liquid wasn't drained, but injected into his shoulder, thereby reducing his shoulder mobility. But why would they even consider playing him when he's in that sort of condition? To top things off, the fact that he changed his freethrow form amidst all this drama didn't really help his cause.
Nov 3, 2017 11:08 AM

Jun 2015
AprilEthereal said:
bmoore07 said:

There's a reason why they're treating Fultz like that. It's primarily because of the way his agent has been portraying the situation. At first, he said that Fultz had liquid drained from his right shoulder which resulted in some complications. To make things worse, after Markelle's first couple of games, the agent went on to say that liquid wasn't drained, but injected into his shoulder, thereby reducing his shoulder mobility. But why would they even consider playing him when he's in that sort of condition? To top things off, the fact that he changed his freethrow form amidst all this drama didn't really help his cause.

The Sixers medical team is infamous for their treatment of players and I think that the same is happening with Fultz. I just despise how people are calling this kid a flop when it's not only his first year but there are other factors involved in this situation outside of Fultz's performance.

Not gonna lie; Fultz's free throw form is ugly as hell.
Nov 3, 2017 8:41 PM

Aug 2015
Ben Simmons: 14 points, 11 rebounds, 11 assists, 3 blocks, 2 steals. That's now 2 triple-doubles in just 9 games. Forget ROTY, this guy is making All-Star this season.
Nov 3, 2017 8:47 PM

Jan 2009
if Lebron James keeps scoring like this he will dethrone Kareem on the all time scoring list no doubt

Nov 3, 2017 8:57 PM
Jul 2018
isekai said:
if Lebron James keeps scoring like this he will dethrone Kareem on the all time scoring list no doubt

He's gonna end up breaking most of the statistical records by the end of his career. There's no doubt about that. However, in terms of legacy, he'll never dethrone Jordan. The only one who had a shot at that was Kobe, but he couldn't do it.
Nov 3, 2017 9:01 PM
Jul 2018
Horford and Irving just destroyed the Thunder. Damn... I had no idea Horford could shooting THAT well. He shot the lights out in the 4th quarter. I'm surprised they managed to overcome a 20-pt deficit against a team like OKC. The Celtics are looking good. Looks like the Eastern Conference isn't that bad after all.
Nov 3, 2017 9:07 PM

Jan 2009
AprilEthereal said:
isekai said:

He's gonna end up breaking most of the statistical records by the end of his career. There's no doubt about that. However, in terms of legacy, he'll never dethrone Jordan. The only one who had a shot at that was Kobe, but he couldn't do it.

well Lebron entered the NBA much younger than Jordan too anyway so he will no doubt exceed the statistics of Jordan

and Jordan single handedly made the NBA more popular, Kobe no doubt could have been the next Jordan but he is still close to that imo heck his fade away shot reminds me of Jordan too lol

Ben Simmons might be the next Lebron James though
Nov 3, 2017 9:11 PM
Jul 2018
Squirtroll said:
Ben Simmons: 14 points, 11 rebounds, 11 assists, 3 blocks, 2 steals. That's now 2 triple-doubles in just 9 games. Forget ROTY, this guy is making All-Star this season.

Lol yeah. If he keeps going this way, I wouldn't be surprised if he makes the All-Star game. He started this season off with a chip on his shoulder and judging by his performances so far, it's pretty obvious that he's pivotal for the Sixers. He's only gonna get better from this point on. However, considering the new All-Star format, it's a little hard for him to get picked. Had it been the regular East vs West format, he definitely would've made it. But hey, if he continues playing this way, they'll have to pick him.
Nov 3, 2017 9:16 PM
Jul 2018
isekai said:
AprilEthereal said:

well Lebron entered the NBA much younger than Jordan too anyway so he will no doubt exceed the statistics of Jordan

and Jordan single handedly made the NBA more popular, Kobe no doubt could have been the next Jordan but he is still close to that imo heck his fade away shot reminds me of Jordan too lol

Yep. You're correct in your observation. In fact, Kobe admitted to stealing moves from MJ lol. Speaking of stealing moves, this video always cracks me up.

Nov 3, 2017 9:22 PM

Jan 2009
AprilEthereal said:
isekai said:

Yep. You're correct in your observation. In fact, Kobe admitted to stealing moves from MJ lol. Speaking of stealing moves, this video always cracks me up.

lol but still thats why im a fan of Kobe too since he is like a great copy of The GOAT in clear HD or digital TV
Nov 3, 2017 10:22 PM

Aug 2015
Lonzo has another great game. 6 points and shot 3 out of 15. If you take away the Suns game, he's averaging 6 points and shooting 25% from the field in 33 minutes. This guy was the betting favorite to win ROTY before the season started lol.

Nov 3, 2017 10:26 PM

Jan 2009
Squirtroll said:
Lonzo has another great game. 6 points and shot 3 out of 15. If you take away the Suns game, he's averaging 6 points and shooting 25% from the field in 33 minutes. This guy was the betting favorite to win ROTY before the season started lol.

lol Lonzo and that Sixers top rookie pick this year are a bust so far (but ye he is injured i heard)
degNov 3, 2017 10:29 PM
Nov 3, 2017 11:02 PM

May 2014
I know a lot of people are hating on Lonzo cuz he's not doing so well with all the hype surrounding him. But look at this: https://twitter.com/WhistleSports/status/926499671102705665

Now I'm not saying he will be Jason Kidd, but give him more time. We have 73 more games to go for crying out loud.

Should he be playing better? Yeah. But even I didn't expect him to be all-star caliber from the start.
Nov 3, 2017 11:20 PM

Mar 2012
AprilEthereal said:
Squirtroll said:

Lol yeah. If he keeps going this way, I wouldn't be surprised if he makes the All-Star game. He started this season off with a chip on his shoulder and judging by his performances so far, it's pretty obvious that he's pivotal for the Sixers. He's only gonna get better from this point on. However, considering the new All-Star format, it's a little hard for him to get picked. Had it been the regular East vs West format, he definitely would've made it. But hey, if he continues playing this way, they'll have to pick him.

From my understanding, the selection for the all-stars hasn't changed at all. It's just the team captain part that adds a new element so that it isn't a direct East vs West game anymore. I believe it's still 12 selected from both the East and West. Admittedly, I haven't explored the details past the day the change announced, so I could easily be wrong.
Nov 3, 2017 11:28 PM
Jul 2018
XPwnDEnd said:
AprilEthereal said:

From my understanding, the selection for the all-stars hasn't changed at all. It's just the team captain part that adds a new element so that it isn't a direct East vs West game anymore. I believe it's still 12 selected from both the East and West. Admittedly, I haven't explored the details past the day the change announced, so I could easily be wrong.

You're right! It's still the same in that regard. Just checked out an article and realized that the selection process is pretty much the same as last time. For some weird reason, I thought that there wasn't gonna be a limit to the number of players from each conference, so thanks for correcting me!
Nov 3, 2017 11:39 PM

Mar 2012
AprilEthereal said:
XPwnDEnd said:

You're right! It's still the same in that regard. Just checked out an article and realized that the selection process is pretty much the same as last time. For some weird reason, I thought that there wasn't gonna be a limit to the number of players from each conference, so thanks for correcting me!

Np, good to know I was actually correcting you and not doing so incorrectly, lol. I slightly remember getting excited about the announced change only to be disappointed when I read up about it. The West is so loaded, so snubs are inevitably going to happen, unfortunately.
Nov 3, 2017 11:59 PM

Mar 2017
Nerps64 said:
I know a lot of people are hating on Lonzo cuz he's not doing so well with all the hype surrounding him. But look at this: https://twitter.com/WhistleSports/status/926499671102705665

Now I'm not saying he will be Jason Kidd, but give him more time. We have 73 more games to go for crying out loud.

Should he be playing better? Yeah. But even I didn't expect him to be all-star caliber from the start.
i get that people are trying to say Lonzo will be a jason kidd type in that he'll get you a mix of points, rebounds, assists but it still doesnt make fucking sense to compare. He'll be Kidd without the lockdown D, so basically nothing like Kidd at all
Nov 4, 2017 1:13 AM
Jul 2018
Nerps64 said:

There's a major difference between Lonzo and Kidd. Kidd had an aggressive mindset. Lonzo, on the other hand, is extremely passive. He doesn't start the fastbreak with nearly as much aggression as Kidd, so comparing the two wouldn't be right. Plus, as the user above me stated, Kidd was a brilliant lockdown defender. Considering the way he's playing right now, at best, Lonzo can be a better version of Ricky Rubio. However, if he stops being passive in his approach and learns to shoot better, he has a shot at being special. All that said, I don't believe that he's a bust by any means. It's way too early to come to that conclusion. He's got insane court vision, a high basketball IQ and admirable passing skills. If he learns to use those skills properly, he'll definitely be one of the top players in the league.
Nov 4, 2017 1:19 AM

May 2014
AprilEthereal said:
Nerps64 said:

There's a major difference between Lonzo and Kidd. Kidd had an aggressive mindset. Lonzo, on the other hand, is extremely passive. He doesn't start the fastbreak with nearly as much aggression as Kidd, so comparing the two wouldn't be right. Plus, as the user above me stated, Kidd was a brilliant lockdown defender. Considering the way he's playing right now, at best, Lonzo can be a better version of Ricky Rubio. However, if he stops being passive in his approach and learns to shoot better, he has a shot at being special. All that said, I don't believe that he's a bust by any means. It's way too early to come to that conclusion. He's got insane court vision, a high basketball IQ and admirable passing skills. If he learns to use those skills properly, he'll definitely be one of the top players in the league.

I didn't use this to directly compare lonzo and kidd as players. Just to show that kidd had a slow start and now he's a future hall of famer. I don't think lonzo will be close to kidd in terms of defense. But his passing and vision are outstanding. If he can create and make his shots he could be next level. But he is certainly passive.
Nov 4, 2017 4:51 PM
Jul 2018
Finally, a place where I can chat sports and ball with my fellow brethren on MAL <3

Raptors Fan checking in btw
Nov 4, 2017 4:52 PM

Apr 2017
Victor Oladipo's overachieved and should fall back down to earth now but I'm really impressed with the way we've performed

but the Bengals on the other hand...
mal's raccoon

boop !
‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ hell yeah !
from the distant
year of

the
are after me !
Nov 4, 2017 7:48 PM
Jul 2018
RasenTenshou said:
Finally, a place where I can chat sports and ball with my fellow brethren on MAL <3

Raptors Fan checking in btw

#WeTheNorth

#TorontoVsEverybody
Nov 4, 2017 10:22 PM

Jun 2015
koolkai123 said:
Victor Oladipo's overachieved and should fall back down to earth now

Oladipo has been a favorite player of mine ever since he entered the league (his high school is right near mine) so please take this post with a grain of salt. IMO, Oladipo wasn't successful with the Magic because 1. they didn't know how to properly use him and 2. it's the Magic. They've been shit ever since Dwight left. Oladipo wasn't successful in OKC because Westbrook was a stat-chaser. This might be my bias speaking but I think that Oladipo's peak is going to last.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.