Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 20, 2017 10:02 AM

Jul 2016
If the current mean upsets you, write a solid review and send it my way.
If you want to recommend a review you have written for this show, send a permalink to me.
You can also recommend another club members review by posting a link to it below
If you see one of your reviews here and want to change your score for whatever reason, be sure to notify me.

Full List of All Currently Aggregated Anime

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#1: Review by Konakana

"These are just some basic things I believe Texhnolyze is trying to say, which is why I hail it as one of the best series I've seen. The series operates on some of the most basic philosophical questions including man's pursuit of a higher state of being, meaning in life and the limits of human evolution and I believe it be true study of humanity as a whole. To me, it is probably the most grounded anime I've seen, literally presenting the two choices life holds, either kill yourself or live until you die, but then the series focuses on how to deal with this fact. It is about retaining the will to live, I've went over that, but it's also so much more at the same time. Life may have no inherent meaning. Life may hold inherent meaning because you decide it does. It doesn't matter though because death awaits and you lose everything."

Score: 90
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#2: Review by Yuni

"Texhnolyze is infamous for being pessimistic and nihilistic, with the overall message being that life has no meaning. In fact, the inclusion of all these unnecessary developments, expository dialogue, and long shots of nothing could just be a fancy way of saying “these scenes are meaningless, just like life itself.” These scenes don’t harm the overall message of the show, they are simply negative aspects of the viewing experience, which unfortunately plays a major role in how one perceives these themes. However, despite this extremely depressing message, someone once told me that Texhnolyze’s message is actually ultimately positive, and I have to agree. Texhnolyze is actually optimism disguised as hardcore nihilism and pessimism. While Texhnolyze preaches that human development and life itself is meaningless and that there is always room for death and destruction, it also tells us that death and destruction are meaningless and that there is always room for life, hope, and existence. As for whether or not this is pretentious overthinking is up to the viewer, but as I said before, overthinking is something Texhnolyze naturally creates, and that is why despite its disappointments and flaws, Texhnolyze is ultimately satisfying."

Score: 70
#3: Review by Nervin

"Overall Texhnolyze was a fantastic show, but it was downright depressing. Was it enjoyable, as in, was it fun? No, in no way. The very slow pacing, the unknowing beginning and the disheartening themes it presented, left me with a bad feeling after watching it. The characters weren't that great either, yet the different approach and on how subjects were relaid to the viewer, was what really makes this a fantastic anime. I must admit, it was the first anime in a long time that I was able to watch in a very short amount of time."

Score: 90

Reviews: 3 (1 more needed for mean calculation)
RoryBurrowsFeb 22, 2018 1:22 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Koe no Katachi Aggregation

NothingReally - Sep 13, 2017

2 by Rawa_Rauf »»
Feb 16, 2021 5:58 AM

Sticky: » Review Submissions

PrincessMomonoke - May 21, 2017

26 by Plasmatize »»
Jun 6, 2020 3:55 PM

» Sanctuary Aggregation

FrozenRoy - Jan 31, 2019

2 by RoryBurrows »»
Feb 1, 2020 8:33 AM

» Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Aggregation

CodeBlazeFate - Jun 26, 2019

0 by CodeBlazeFate »»
Jun 26, 2019 8:24 PM

» Gosenzo-sama Banbanzai! Aggregation

CodeBlazeFate - Jun 9, 2019

0 by CodeBlazeFate »»
Jun 9, 2019 12:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.