Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 20, 2017 4:03 AM

Mar 2016
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Damn... Big Mom is completely enraged, even Perospero and Smoothie are terrified. She really is in another league.

Curious to see how Luffy's group will manage to get away now that they've been spotted again and also with BM already being within reach of them.
Jul 20, 2017 6:25 AM

Dec 2013
RIP Opera. It's karma for lying about Luffy escaping.

Pudding to the rescue! Not sure how she's going to get Chiffon to help her...

Big Mom has already caught up to her! I don't see how they can win when she's like that but I'm not sure how they can escape either...
Jul 20, 2017 6:57 AM

Jan 2016
Oh shit here she comes! We might get a fight after all. Opera is gonna die R. I. P

Pudding really is evil it seems, I thought she would be moved by Sanji but nope. What I'm now interested is that maybe Berserk big mom is easier to defeat than in control big mom. Depends on how much controll she has over abilities like Haki and stuff.

Oda sensie, this is the wrong time to take a break man..... The pain. 2 weeks
Jul 20, 2017 7:08 AM
Sep 2012
You know as I was reading I just knew we were going to get a break. We are the climax, and now is the time to play with our emotions.

So everyone from Bage to the Big Mom's pirates, they are going to use the Strawhats as a distraction to save their own dam hides. Well than if we will see if that works out. Still the whole make a cake while she is gone caper, that is just a sitcom thing. You know what Big Mom vs the Strawhats, that can be off screen, I want to see them try to make a cake as a fast as possible. That is going to be hilarious.

And yes Pudding has it for Sanji badly now and maybe she wasn't lying about the cooking thing, but she sees feelings for Sanji as a weakness, and thinks you kill him off and the weakness goes away. I have seen that many times.
Jul 20, 2017 7:08 AM

Dec 2011
Oda is so cruel to end this chapter like that lol and killing it with a break xD
Anyway really good chapter and we finally see Pudding again.Pudding now is just a tsundere for Sanji and may be she will be the one who help them to escape.
The cover page was nice with Shanks flag on the country where Bartolomeo is.So i guess they are in one of Shank's territory..
kaitonicJul 20, 2017 12:25 PM
Jul 20, 2017 7:15 AM
Sep 2012
FireFistYamaan said:

Pudding really is evil it seems, I thought she would be moved by Sanji but nope.

The more I think about it, the more I think she was just putting on a show for her siblings. I think she will get her to help in some other way to help.

Still doesn't chance the fact she is crazy, or as some personalities disorder at least.
Jul 20, 2017 7:18 AM

Oct 2015
A break. It says the next chapter comes in the 36/37 double issue. Do we get two chapters, or just one?
A double chapter would be great, since 2, max 3 chapters are left of this arc.

Big Mom is extremely enraged. After this arc, I wouldn't be surprised if she started chasing the Straw Hats. I can't really imagine her just saying "whatever, Kaidou will rekt em anyways" or something after this mess.
Jul 20, 2017 7:26 AM

Dec 2013
tkrisz2 said:
A break. It says the next chapter comes in the 36/37 double issue. Do we get two chapters, or just one?

No chapter next week.
Jul 20, 2017 7:39 AM

Jan 2014
I really wonder how they will make it now, defeating Big Mom is nearly impossible now. Also, how they can prevent the island from being destroyed...

I hope we could see a little from Shanks in the upcoming chapters, such a bad time for a break, but it's understandable.
Jul 20, 2017 7:54 AM

Mar 2015
the terror is not even over yet... XDXDXD

i honestly can't take big mom other than one big bad joke at this point who will screw up everything but because how comically evil it is, i can only laugh...

is it sanji flag denied by puding or....
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jul 20, 2017 7:58 AM
Oct 2015
tkrisz2 said:

Big Mom is extremely enraged. After this arc, I wouldn't be surprised if she started chasing the Straw Hats. I can't really imagine her just saying "whatever, Kaidou will rekt em anyways" or something after this mess.

Double Issue means that the weeks Issue stands for 2 weeks and the whole magazine takes a break the week after.
This week is #34, #35 hiatus, #36/37 1 new chapter and the weeks after that no jump magazine.
Jul 20, 2017 8:36 AM
Jan 2017
Pero you clever bastard. Tricking Big Mom like that to go after the Straw Hats, smh. My mouth dropped when I realized that Big Mom can be persuaded that easily in that state. Hell, I didn't even know she could be reasoned with at all in that state.

Pudding convincing the Big Mom crew that she'll make a cake for Big Mom. I honestly think she's tricking them. I don't think she'll actually bake a cake, or at least not a good one. The way she talked about Sanji disgracing her is making me to believe that she is tricking the Big Mom pirates into leading them to their Demise. IF Big Mom does destroy the Straw Hats.
Jul 20, 2017 8:37 AM
Mar 2014
Decent chapter 4/5 The only surprising thing was BM's ability to fly

...escape from her territory was nothing but an illusion
Jul 20, 2017 10:13 AM

May 2015
Good chapter. I was sure that Sanji was gonna make a cake for Big Mom but looks like Pudding stepped in. Well, it could still happen...
Big Mom can fly on Zeus! wtf haha
Jul 20, 2017 10:21 AM

Nov 2012
Big Mom didn't hear the children and Carmel when they begged her to stop in the flashback, yet she could hear her sons and daughters in the present telling her of an extra cake. Plot hole perhaps?

Possible explanation: Since she was in a disorderly state because of food, only food-related things or words will reach her ears,

Seems like this arc will go on a little longer.
Jul 20, 2017 10:35 AM
Mar 2016
SuperRed said:
Big Mom didn't hear the children and Carmel when they begged her to stop in the flashback, yet she could hear her sons and daughters in the present telling her of an extra cake. Plot hole perhaps?

Possible explanation: Since she was in a disorderly state because of food, only food-related things or words will reach her ears,

That definitely isn't a plothole.
When Big Mom ate Mother Caramel and the children, it wasn't because of her eating disorder (at least she didn't have the same eyes and didn't behave the way she does when her eating disorder kicks in). Idk why she didn't notice, but maybe she was just concentrating too much on eating and therefore didn't notice the screams. We already know that she couldn't see anything because her eyes were covered with tears.

She can hear people during her eating disorder though. She was talking to Moscato the first time her eating disorder kicked in. People can usually just not reason with her in that state. However Perospero told her where she can find a wedding cake. So of course when she hears the word wedding cake, she'll listen to what he says. As she wants to eat the wedding cake right now, she has no other choice than to believe what Perospero said. If he is right about the Straw Hats stealing it, she can eat her so desired wedding cake. It makes totally sense that this reasoning works. The wedding cake is what's currently most important for her, so if whatever someone says will make her get her wedding cake faster, she'll listen and even do what that person suggests.
Jul 20, 2017 11:38 AM

Mar 2014
Would be Big Mom's crew be that loyal to her if they weren't her children? She's way too troublesome for a captain.
Jul 20, 2017 1:56 PM

May 2015
"We don't have the ingredients"
"Actually, we have the ingredients"

Slow chapter, but Big Mom riding Zeus like Nimbus totally makes up for it.
ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ
Jul 20, 2017 2:07 PM

Dec 2012
Great chapter. Big Mom is going berserk. Give that woman some wedding cake.
Good idea from Perospero diverting Big Moms attention to the Straw Hats, although he is screwed when she finds out they don't have any cake.

Pudding up to something.
YOOO King Baum is still alive. Big Mom riding on Zeus was funny & cool.

Oh Shit Big Mom about to attack. How they gonna get out of this one.
DAMN break next week. Well Oda Sensei deserves it.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jul 20, 2017 2:27 PM

Sep 2013
BM goes on flying nimbus and King Baum is back, kek XD
Pudding will now make a cake, sanji will help her someway.
Jul 20, 2017 3:22 PM

Jan 2014
boring chapter

2/5
Jul 20, 2017 4:50 PM
Oct 2013
ashfrliebert said:
"We don't have the ingredients"
"Actually, we have the ingredients"

Slow chapter, but Big Mom riding Zeus like Nimbus totally makes up for it.

Well as much as I hate conveniece.
This isn´t convenience for the good guys. It doesn´t increase the threatlevel of the bad guys but this was done beforehand through Perosperos lie and I really can´t tell where the story is going from here.

Actually the possibiltiy of Sanji cooking a cake for Big Mom is very possible now, but it´s dogshit. Oda has been relying too much on Gags recently and when everything becomes a joke there is no threat, no meat to the story.
We could as well just all stop reading One Piece and move on to One Punch man or Gintama, as those at least acknowledge that what they're doing is stupid.

Like, might as well just go all the way:

Taito10 said:
boring chapter

2/5

I agree often with you, but when did you ever like One Piece. Only till timeskip?
IsterioJul 21, 2017 4:58 PM
Jul 20, 2017 6:48 PM
Aug 2016
Chapter was good but not great. And I do agree that it moved pretty slow.

Big Mom riding Zeus like the nimbus was hilarious.

Nice to see King Baum alive and with his nice Lady Tree hahha.

Really don't know how the straw hats are going to get out of this but we have a whole 2 weeks to theorise.
Jul 20, 2017 7:11 PM

Jun 2014
Pero has some balls, lying to Big Mom like that. Pudding better get that cake made fast or he's fucked.

Speaking of being fucked, this chapter ended in a pretty crazy way. How the hell will the Straw Hats get out of this? I mean, we all know they WILL make it out, but it'll be interesting to see how they do it.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 20, 2017 7:51 PM
Apr 2017
SuperRed said:

Nah she was not in rage at that time
Jul 20, 2017 8:32 PM

Apr 2014
The way how it ended is going to be torturous to wait in the next chapter. XD
Jul 20, 2017 10:06 PM

Apr 2017
Where did you people read the chapter?
Jul 20, 2017 11:44 PM
Oct 2016
lvl21 said:
Where did you people read the chapter?

You can read it at mangafox.
rahul1993Jul 20, 2017 11:51 PM
Jul 21, 2017 6:31 AM

Jan 2014
damn, it's a break when we only got the best part. 2 weeks before the impact.
Jul 21, 2017 8:47 AM

Jan 2014
Isterio said:
I agree often with you, but when did you ever like One Piece. Only till timeskip?

Last time when I liked One Piece was Zou arc. After timeskip Zou arc and Return to Sabaody arc were good for me, others arcs were weak or medicore in my opinion.
Taito10Jul 21, 2017 8:53 AM
Jul 21, 2017 9:02 AM
Oct 2013
Taito10 said:
Isterio said:

Last time when I liked One Piece was Zou arc. After timeskip Zou arc and Return to Sabaody arc were good for me, others arcs were weak or medicore in my opinion.

Well agree 100% with that. What about pre timeskip?
Jul 21, 2017 9:14 AM

Jan 2014
Isterio said:
Taito10 said:

Well agree 100% with that. What about pre timeskip?

Orange Town Arc, Syrup Village Arc, Reverse Mountain Arc, Little Garden Arc - this arcs were for me weak but rest I think were good or very good.
Jul 21, 2017 9:29 AM
Oct 2013
Taito10 said:

Orange Town Arc, Syrup Village Arc, Reverse Mountain Arc, Little Garden Arc - this arcs were for me weak but rest I think were good or very good.

Your dissapointment makes sense.

I disagree on Little Garden though, loved that arc, but would replace it with Skypea, that was a snorefest for most of it.
Jul 21, 2017 9:35 AM
Mar 2015
Kinda boring chapter would give this a 3/5.
Jul 21, 2017 10:30 AM

Nov 2016
Holy shiiiit, she's coming :D

At least we get a fight this way, but damn just now One Piece has to take a break, two weeks are going to kill me.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 21, 2017 4:49 PM

Oct 2007
Isterio said:
Actually the possibiltiy of Sanji cooking a cake for Big Mom is very possible now, but it´s dogshit

I will forgive it if Sanji makes the cake exactly like Bugs did
RalonzoJul 22, 2017 12:08 PM
Jul 21, 2017 6:58 PM
Jun 2017
Anyone else hyped about the cover page of bartolomeo advertising luffy in shank's territory?
Jul 21, 2017 8:19 PM

Dec 2014
typical ....leading big mama to straw hats...it quite fanatical how mama can be controlled like that
Jul 23, 2017 8:52 AM

Jun 2015
You know, it's time this story gets wrapped up.
Jul 23, 2017 2:17 PM

Jun 2016
big mom gonna eat em all up
Jul 23, 2017 9:38 PM

Dec 2014
There's something strangely terrifying about seeing Big Mom riding on a Flying Nimbus. XD
I'm still totally lost on how the StrawHats are gonna escape from Big Mom, maybe they'll just play cat and mouse till the cake is ready?

Speaking of which, looks like Pudding's gonna help make the cake, I agree with a lot of the others here that the possibility of Sanji helping out is pretty high.

King Baum. xD
Jul 26, 2017 1:25 PM
Aug 2011
This arc is so damn tedious now because I despise Big Mom.
Can we please reach Wano soon? and find Marco already
May 18, 2018 6:17 AM

Feb 2013
It would be funny if Pudding and Sanji make the cake together.
Nov 8, 2022 8:58 AM

May 2021
So weird how they are treating her like an animal. It makes sense with context but still weird.

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion

FMmatron - Yesterday

10 by wallus81 »»
54 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 16

32 by Biisoo »»
Today, 8:44 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veronin - Nov 1, 2009

73 by crumb_fr »»
Apr 22, 3:52 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1102 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mei-o_Scarlett - Dec 17, 2023

87 by Slimdudejim »»
Apr 21, 10:46 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 769 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Maerow - Nov 26, 2014

67 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 21, 6:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.