Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 21, 2017 10:49 PM

Aug 2012
-judging by that underfang,
-i can't believe kadota is fucking dead... again
-yeah pretty much
-wait their codenames or whatever were olive, poison, and beef
-i see big wig kadota is still a bonehead
-yeah the backstory behind the big feud or whatever you call it is better than what i expected
-oh shit i didn't realize it was doku's house where the garage band did its rehearsals
-ririko's comedic timing continues to be one of the best things about this show
-the cryptid twelve is fucking adorable
-wait it's been while since i started this show but is kadota's chuuni ass responsible for making the chupacabra kingdom
-turns out turnips were better than tokyo
-i can't not think it's kokichi speaking whenever the brown haired dude talks
-big wig kadota is woke af
-FeelsBadMan
-FeelsGoodMan ?
-those are some sadistic children watching a fish struggling to breathe
-dude let it go
-on the other hand lucia and ririko are fucking adorable together
-wait the dude with the glasses at the tourism bureau, is that guy the TV person from young kadota's days
-truly the gathering of the three treasures was... the sakura quest

I fuckin love backstory, and this episode had a pretty generous helping of that. I especially liked the whole backstory of the three stooges garage band because how wholeheartedly and unashamedly anime the entire thing was. Like, that somehow feels pretty refreshing within this otherwise pretty true-to-life and pretty grounded show. It's actually pretty impressive how this show is still playing with my expectations this far in, and I definitely did not expect the enmity between the chief and Chitose spawned out of such a backstory. The way that the backstory was presented as a bit iffy, though, and they definitely didn't need to repeat the train station scene once the information about the band got leaked by Doku. The repetition did pretty much nothing to enhance the entire exposition of it and to be quite honest it was pretty obvious from the first scene who those two were. They did do something right with repeating the scene of big wig Kadota rushing out in a fuckin boat and hijacking the festival, because the reason was not present the second time and not in the first time. And of course, they found a way to somehow incorporate elements of the past into the present with the revival of the Matsuri festival. Everything this show has done relating to whether or not traditions should be continued or not is something that strikes me as pretty interesting, so the new direction for the show certainly seems promising. Not sure if I'll be a fan of the entire fetch quest thing, but knowing what this show has done so far, there's bound to be something to shake things up. Overall this episode was pretty nice.
Mar 25, 2018 4:59 PM

Sep 2011
I'm glad we are getting to understand Riri's grandmother more and more. She is not that evil as we would have thought during the first episodes.
I wonder why pres didn't tell her the reason he didn't leave with them. Perhaps he thought it was embarassing.

Looks like the girls will have to gather those three sacred items. Is this going to be a bit of adventure genre as well? :'D
May 15, 2020 4:17 PM

Sep 2018
I guess I was the only one bothered by the music the old band was playing? I was under the impression this show took place around when this anime was made, which would date their band to 1967, the style of music they were playing did not exist yet.

Als to me this was only a so so episode, something about the plot seemed a bit forced, I do like that the grandmother is slowly opening up though and I guess now we have a proper JRPG on our hands as the queen and her trusty party go looking for the three lost sacred items, lol.
KristiwazhereMay 15, 2020 4:49 PM
Mar 28, 2021 12:24 PM

Feb 2020
Great episode. I really like those flashbacks. Riri's grandma was very pretty few decades ago. I also loved to hear her singing.

Cool. Now they are trying to bring the old festival back to alive.

SerafosMar 2, 6:38 AM
Nov 26, 2023 12:53 AM

Oct 2022
This was a nice episode, I liked when Ririko's grandma tells her to pursue her dreams while she is still young.

Also, I feel like I care about most of these characters, which is nice to find in an anime.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2017

61 by Rakabat »»
Dec 23, 2023 2:17 AM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2017

181 by toralbabs »»
Dec 10, 2023 8:46 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2017

70 by toralbabs »»
Dec 10, 2023 5:26 AM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2017

47 by toralbabs »»
Dec 8, 2023 8:03 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2017

54 by toralbabs »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.