Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 19, 2017 5:33 AM

May 2015
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
FINALLY THE BATTLE

Best Shitty Reviews
“Like is like a blank canvas you paint it with whatever you want (colors,blood,sweat,shit etc)”
Current Season rec : Layton Mystery Tanteisha: Katri no Nazotoki File
I am an anime OST Maniac and they play a huge role in my rating for a anime.
interested ?
click the GIF>>>>>
Jul 19, 2017 6:52 AM

Sep 2011
Nice saying for the scumbag antagonist.
Jul 20, 2017 9:34 AM

May 2013
Can we call this the final fight and end it? I know there's loose ends here and there but come on, just end.
Jul 21, 2017 11:38 AM

Sep 2010
*Sigh* What a waste of potential. Even with Obata's gorgeous and awesome artwork, I cannot keep my point of 7 for this shitty story. I cannot believe Ohba produces this.

God especially the MC I cannot stand his more-than-cliché stuff etc.
Jul 22, 2017 1:22 PM

May 2015
The gorgeous art is pretty much the only thing that keeps me reading this manga. The story is too cartoonish for my liking. That is so disappointing but maybe they decided to create short cheesy story for sake of just having fun with all those wings and costumes? It really doesn't look like Ohba Tsugumi takes the plot seriously and it kind of feels that the end is close. (I hope so)
Jul 24, 2017 2:12 AM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
I'd rather have this MC than to read some raging, killing machine MC who wants revenge bla bla bla. He's fighting for his own happiness.

Hmm..we still haven't found out about Metro's first meet up with his angel.

Aug 28, 2017 4:44 AM

Aug 2012
FackuIkari said:
Can we call this the final fight and end it? I know there's loose ends here and there but come on, just end.

I kinda hope so too. I don't care about the remaining candidates anymore.
Sep 28, 2017 5:03 PM
Sep 2017
I mean, I think the artwork is super beautiful and amazing, but after what feels like a thousand of chapters they are still caught up in the exact same fight they were fighting 10 chapters ago and it's honestly starting to feel like a Dragonball (The anime) fight. I do want more chapters to see how it finally ends but maybe they don't have to drag it out so long this time. Overall it's a pretty good manga and I feel like it's a very interesting plot. I like it.
Nov 13, 2017 7:08 PM

Oct 2012
what happened with this was it cancelled?? it's already been 4 months since the last chapter
Nov 16, 2017 5:45 PM
Sep 2016
Pordo said:
what happened with this was it cancelled?? it's already been 4 months since the last chapter

The scanlators gave up on it, I guess. In all fairness, I can't blame them.
Feb 9, 2018 10:47 PM

Jul 2008
Oh, so now Mukaido's red arrow kicks in... but it didn't work last chapter for some reason. I get the impression that Ohba isn't able to keep on top of all the rules he established. Platinum End certainly isn't as tightly knit as Death Note.

I like the idea of making a main character pretty much the exact opposite of Yagami Light, but his execution isn't terribly engaging. I find myself agreeing with the villain, who points out how irritating the main character is. Aang from the Avatar series is another all-powerful character who refused to kill anybody, but his characterisation was handled very tactfully, and that was essentially a kids show. I'm surprised the author behind Death Note has missed the mark this much.

It would be nice if there was some progression and the main character actually considered killing for the greater good, but he's hell bent on pacifism because of some hollow words his mother said. Maybe in time he will become more tolerable, but we're already at volume seven. By this point in Death Note, Yagami Soichiro, who is probably one of the most non-violent and honourable characters in the series, had recognised that his personal views had to be put aside to some degree in order to achieve progress.

The combination of Mirai and Saki are just so tiresome. I don't know if Jump Square do those character popularity polls, but if they did I would be incredibly shocked if that duo showed up on any of them. The series would be a lot more interesting if Mukaido were the main character. Age him down a bit to fit the demographic... it could still work. A battle to defeat evil before his time is up.
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
Nov 2, 2021 4:08 AM

Dec 2007
lot of talking.
uryu ideology is actually suck. so hajime life were suck, without friends and etc. so he's nothing but he's better? dunno if it were meant to be ohba's intentions but its actually makes me cheer more for mirai's lifesavers ideology, uryu ideology is suck, because he had everything no one else is considered, just average evil ideology. hopes he will be beaten.

why is saki doesn't help mirai? because metropoliman called her useless? mirai and her can definitely beat him with right strategy.
what i wonder though, that if mirai would win, what's gonna come after. hard to think something better gonna come...

for some reason i see the art stuck. it's been a while since obata's art were shining...

More topics from this board

» My spoiler-ridden rant, er, review

NDskies - Sep 17, 2023

4 by NDskies »»
Sep 18, 2023 6:27 AM

» How would you rate it???

Goated_Weeb526 - Nov 11, 2021

4 by waalex11 »»
Sep 11, 2023 5:13 PM

Poll: » Platinum End Chapter 23 Discussion

TheGeniusBaka - Jan 1, 2018

6 by bucciest »»
Nov 6, 2022 12:02 PM

Poll: » Platinum End Chapter 58 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Axelthrow - Jan 6, 2021

54 by nidoqueen106 »»
Sep 11, 2022 5:54 PM

Poll: » Platinum End Chapter 30 Discussion

Akoram - May 8, 2018

4 by lycoradz0 »»
May 14, 2022 3:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.