Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 22, 2007 1:18 AM

Feb 2007
This Thursday, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End will be released globally! I can't wait to watch the final film in the Pirates trilogy.

I re-watched "Curse of The Black Pearl" last Saturday. And i'm re-watching "Dead man's Chest" tonight. So who else is in the bloodthirsty mood to see how this swashbuckling tale ends? Argh!!

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
May 22, 2007 1:42 AM

Jan 2007
I am. I'll probably end up watching it Saturday or something.
May 22, 2007 1:44 AM

Nov 2004
Yeah, watching it on Thursday night. :D
May 22, 2007 2:48 AM
Jul 2006
may not be the last he wants to do another
May 22, 2007 3:13 AM

Oct 2006
stoneblade said:
may not be the last he wants to do another
heh? Well this one better have a closed ending >_> .

Anyway, I should watch it either thursday or friday night.
May 22, 2007 3:27 AM

Feb 2007
woot this is the first film I'll be seeing in Japan, they're so expensive here :( Pirates is soooo worth it though. Are you serious it's a trilogy? It's ending here? :*(
Anti Loli Association Sick of Lolis? Come join the ALA!
May 22, 2007 3:51 AM

Aug 2006
Yep... taking Seishin to see it either Saturday or Sunday for the matinee. I would go Friday night, but it's gonna be crazy =P
May 22, 2007 5:22 AM

Jul 2006
I would LOOOOVE to go thursday, but I can't since finals start on Friday and I actually do have to study for them <.< But I'll probably go on Friday with a huge group of friends and have a blast
I love summer movie season!
May 22, 2007 6:54 AM
Apr 2007
ugh...i'll tell you one person who's not looking forward to this movie, me...not because i don't like the movies (i find them to be pretty awesome), but because i work at a movie theater...and guess who's the guy that has to clean up every theater after each viewing? or who has to mop the floor when someone vomits in a theater (which seems to happen every freaking day v_v)? yeah, that's right...me...

this summer season has been hell...spider man 3, shrek the third, this movie, and pretty soon the new harry potter...the theater is gonna be mass hysteria...on the plus side, i do get to see the movies for free and one day in advance of the public release since we have to check to see if there are scratches on the film...however i'm not gonna see it one day in advance cause i already promised my little sister that i would take her to watch it so that's kinda moot i guess...
May 22, 2007 7:01 AM

Mar 2007
i don't know if i'll watch it in theaters, since the last one was so effing long that i was crippled by the end. but when it comes out on DVD - for sure.
May 22, 2007 7:07 AM

Aug 2006
ReverseHarem said:
i don't know if i'll watch it in theaters, since the last one was so effing long that i was crippled by the end. but when it comes out on DVD - for sure.

Hahaha... whereas I'm the opposite. I didn't get to see the other two in the theatres... so I'm determined that I will see this one on the big screen. End the series with a bang... so to speak.
May 22, 2007 9:14 AM

Jan 2005
Going to watch it with my girlfriend saturday, I think :)
May 22, 2007 4:41 PM

Mar 2007
I'm probably going to watch it weekend after next as it's not worth opening night or the first weekend with jam packed seats ><. I bet Disney won't stop with the series tho, they probably plan to milk more money off of it like most of it's movies and the continuous unneeded sequels.

Dibs on Ishida!
May 22, 2007 7:09 PM

Apr 2007
This better be good. I'm watching it Friday night.

May 22, 2007 7:21 PM

Aug 2006
Well I just watched the first two movies for the first time two weekends ago. I have barely seen any movies in the last few years to be honest. But yeah anyway, to get back to the point, yes I am fairly excited for this movie.
May 23, 2007 12:50 AM

Feb 2007
Well, i re-watched Dead Man's Chest last night, purely because i need to be caught up on everyone's little story. You know, everyone seems to have a plot in that movie.

At the moment, i "might" watch it with friends on Saturday, but if not, then definitely with my family on Saturday night. I feel your pain Chelle! I saw the first on DVD and the second in an airplane. Yeah, had to go to Indonesia and Singapore. But boy, i love Singapore airlines. Way better than Garuda. So much movies...wait, i'm getting off topic. Damn! I blame the pirates!
May 23, 2007 3:22 AM

Apr 2007
Did you know that if worlds end makes it big, there will be a 4th?

Juuni Kokuki
"Romeo and Juliet was originally supposed to be a horror starring Tybalt"
May 23, 2007 3:57 AM

Apr 2007
And how can it not make it big XD.

seriously tho...only good pirate movies ever...
May 23, 2007 6:56 AM

Aug 2006
hisuikirei said:

Lord... why do people have to do this? It's a great movie... it's a fantastic trilogy (it was planned as a trilogy from the beginning). Let it end as such. So many movies have been destroyed by being over-sequalized (haha... is that a word... no? oh well... it is for me).

They just CAN'T screw with Jack T_T (Besides, I doubt seriously Johnny Depp would agree to any more... depending on his contract... he's a smart cookie when it comes to movie making)
May 23, 2007 8:28 AM

May 2007
I bought the ticket today and tomorrow I'm going to go to the cinema! *-* yeyeye!

I think 3rd should be the end of the Pirates ^^'
May 23, 2007 12:08 PM

Apr 2007
Chelle said:
hisuikirei said:

Lord... why do people have to do this? It's a great movie... it's a fantastic trilogy (it was planned as a trilogy from the beginning). Let it end as such. So many movies have been destroyed by being over-sequalized (haha... is that a word... no? oh well... it is for me).

They just CAN'T screw with Jack T_T (Besides, I doubt seriously Johnny Depp would agree to any more... depending on his contract... he's a smart cookie when it comes to movie making)
From what I heard, Depp actually agreed to it. O_O;

But it's still in the idea phase. I don't think they will do it. But i heard that they were thinking about it @__@

Anything past the 3rd usually isnt good. But i could be wrong. It IS Pirates! xD
how did HP do for their 4th movie? *didnt see it*

Juuni Kokuki
May 23, 2007 12:11 PM

Aug 2006
hisuikirei said:
Anything past the 3rd usually isnt good. But i could be wrong. It IS Pirates! xD

Aaahhh... but HP is a different animal, because it's actually based on written works (but actually, even though it did quite well in theatres... because of the huge HP fan base... it did not do near the justice to the book that it deserved). But continuing sequels from material not previously published, is kinda like our anime "fillers"... it's usually crap... lol. I'd just hate to see the POC series ruined. =/
May 23, 2007 12:25 PM

Apr 2007
Chelle said:
hisuikirei said:

Aaahhh... but HP is a different animal, because it's actually based on written works (but actually, even though it did quite well in theatres... because of the huge HP fan base... it did not do near the justice to the book that it deserved). But continuing sequels from material not previously published, is kinda like our anime "fillers"... it's usually crap... lol. I'd just hate to see the POC series ruined. =/

yea i can understand that xD i didnt say i was eager for a sequal i was continuing the rumor =O

xD I cant wait to see it with my best friends. One of them is an extra in it xD;;; He played a mongol xD

Juuni Kokuki
May 23, 2007 3:21 PM

Dec 2006
So many movies... @_@;;

I had a friend who went to see it at Disnleyland last Friday. Says he touched Johnny Depp. *doesn't know if she should believe him or not*
May 24, 2007 1:21 AM

Feb 2007
It depends. ^.^

Yeah, i think POC should end after World's End. This IS Disney we are talking about. The makers of pointless sequels.

But wait...Dead Man's Chest and World's End are sequels...the irony...Disney made a good sequel movie!
May 24, 2007 1:34 AM
Apr 2007
i just came back from putting together the movie and i watched it...i won't spoil anything, but i enjoyed it a lot...the last 50 minutes of the movie was very entertaining...however, to those who plan to watch, it's 3 hours long, so yeah...long movie...

also, after the credits roll, there's a short scene that shows what happens ten years later...this is of course assuming you have the patience to sit through the credits...personally, i didn't think it was worth the wait to watch it (it does give a little bit more closure), but it's an option for those who are huge PoC fans...
May 24, 2007 1:39 AM

Feb 2007
Pirates 3 came out in Australia today. A few friends of mine are probably at the cinema now for a night of pirate action. I'm mentioning this because America is usually quite a few hours behind. So, it might not be Thursday yet for you guys.

I like the ending scene at the end of number 2. Poor dog...
May 24, 2007 1:39 AM

Jan 2007
thanks for the info. i always have a hard time deciding whether or not to stay past the credits cause i'm never sure if there's anymore footage.
May 24, 2007 8:18 AM

Nov 2004
Well I just came back from watching Pirates. Putting my spoilerous comments under the spoiler tag, read it only after you have seen the movie. Oh and I stayed for the credits. Ugh. What a terribly long wait. T.T

May 24, 2007 2:15 PM

May 2007
I agree with you, Crystal. I saw Pirates today and... hmmm... I WANT MORE JACK! =__= And more jokes! The best was the beginning (part with Jack at the dessert).
On the other hand - great music. I enjoyed it well.
May 26, 2007 9:27 PM

Apr 2007
I saw the movie yesterday and this is what I think.

May 26, 2007 9:35 PM

Nov 2004
PandaPuff said:

May 26, 2007 9:55 PM

Apr 2007
Crystal said:
PandaPuff said:

May 26, 2007 10:14 PM

Nov 2004
PandaPuff said:

May 28, 2007 8:56 AM

Jul 2006
Crystal said:
PandaPuff said:

May 28, 2007 10:44 AM

Jan 2005
It was entertaining... A little TOO entertaining at times. Could have been some more story and less sillyness. But the three hours felt short. 7/10! :)
May 29, 2007 8:11 AM

Aug 2006
I saw this Saturday with Seishin... oops... DragonEmpress... and I dunno... I loved it...

I actually thought this movie was much better than the 2nd one... and it was right up there, on par with the first one. I thought there was a good mix of silliness and action and story. I still hope they don't make a 4th one, though. They ended it in such a way, though, to leave it WIDE open for another sequel... dammit.
May 29, 2007 6:52 PM

Feb 2007
Most exciting part for me? When the trailer for The Golden Compass showed :P Sorry, but that stole the show for me. Just passing the time with Pirates and Harry Potter...

Heh...
May 29, 2007 7:13 PM

May 2007
It wasn't my favorite of the three, but I did enjoy it a lot. I'd give it an 8/10 although I didn't really like the ending ... I think that they will probably have a 4th movie, but I think that this one ended in such a way that ... well, they could and probably will have a 4th one, but I think it won't be nearly as good as others.

May 29, 2007 7:55 PM

Jan 2007
Asrialys said:
Most exciting part for me? When the trailer for The Golden Compass showed :P Sorry, but that stole the show for me. Just passing the time with Pirates and Harry Potter...

Heh...

LOL Me too!!! :D
May 30, 2007 1:31 PM

Apr 2007
I just heard on tv that there's definately a part 4. Is that true?

May 31, 2007 8:01 PM
May 2007
After watching the third one, I wouldn't be surprised. They left it open, if you ask me.
May 31, 2007 9:56 PM

Dec 2006
The third wasn't that good for me, though i'm glad they decide to go with the similiar formula as the 2nd, the 1st felt much darker then the last 2, which is mainly why I liked it the best.

As for a 4th.. I don't see why not, I have a feeling they're going to milk this franchise dry.
リスト 。。

Jun 1, 2007 1:34 AM

Feb 2007
I loved the third one! But still I hope they don't make a fourth one, the three already made are better than good so there's really no point - plus the storyline has kinda ended.
Anyway it was a really cool movie. But I still hate Orlando Bloom... and Keira Knightley for that matter, they're both so......shit at acting...
Anti Loli Association Sick of Lolis? Come join the ALA!
Jun 1, 2007 6:24 AM
Jun 3, 2007 8:03 AM

Apr 2007
Chelle said:
it's a fantastic trilogy (it was planned as a trilogy from the beginning).

Actually, it wasn't. In the extras of the second movie they say PotC was meant as a single movie at first, and only afterwards they decided to stick two others onto it.

Since they were so good, that actually keeps my hopes up if they decide to do a fourth movie =3

And if it turns out to suck.. well, at least there'll be Captain Jack eye-candy.
Jun 3, 2007 5:51 PM
Sep 2006
What to say that hasn't yet been said. I guess the movie in a way bored me unlike the last two. Even with all the action, it became more of an overload that this person was doing this because he wanted to save this person whom wanted to save that one whom didn't want to save anyone but himself yet had to do something to not die a painful death or something or another... yeah. Anyway, far too much plot in this one. I think they tried to fill in far too many battle scenes instead of emotional development. Though, can't say I didn't enjoy it.

And what was up with --insert name here since this is a spoiler-- growing all big at the end back to her divine/goddess form? Couldn't she have just imploded instead of changing into crabs, oh well.

Jun 4, 2007 4:56 AM

Aug 2006
Meli said:
Since they were so good, that actually keeps my hopes up if they decide to do a fourth movie =3

And if it turns out to suck.. well, at least there'll be Captain Jack eye-candy.

I'm actually hoping they don't do a 4th (but they probably will)... but as for the Captain Jack eye-candy... ^_^ **drools** YES!!! We get to see more of him in January... as Sweeney Todd... that'll be nice ^_^
Jun 6, 2007 2:21 AM

Feb 2007
I finally, yes, FINALLY (ironic, i created the thread) saw the movie, last night.

I liked it, a bit unsure whether the second was better or not. The first one will always be my fav. The beginning and end bits were the best. The middle just confused me with all this plot and backstabs.

I actually liked Barbossa more than Jack in this one. Call me crazy, but the scenes with Hector and Jack bickering was funny as an episode of Excel Saga.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.