Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 28, 2017 2:53 AM

Sep 2014
Faputa has some issues but still really cute!
Everyone wants some of that Reg heh. Now I'm really curious about his past.
That ending damn...can't wait for the next chapter!
Oct 29, 2017 1:56 AM

Sep 2016
L0ken said:
I hope no sudden delays for ch43,one week left til the end o month.

The author just said "10月更新するといっといて申し訳ない…
完全に僕のミステイクでもう少しだけお待たせすることになってしまいました" on twitter. According to google translate it means something like "sorry i shouldn't have said it will be released this month because it won't. My mistake" though if someone here speaks japanese feel free to correct me
Oct 29, 2017 5:07 AM

Jul 2017
L0ken said:
I hope no sudden delays for ch43,one week left til the end o month.

完全に僕のミステイクでもう少しだけお待たせすることになってしまいました" on twitter. According to google translate it means something like "sorry i shouldn't have said it will be released this month because it won't. My mistake" though if someone here speaks japanese feel free to correct me
yes, sadly he said this
Oct 30, 2017 12:52 AM

May 2016
Carlostylerz said:

yes, sadly he said this

Damn! I eagerly await the next chapter; thanks to Faputa I feel like we're so close to finding out something about Reg's past.
Bondrewd did nothing wrong.
Oct 30, 2017 12:53 AM
Jun 2013
Guessing we'll get it at the end of November, at least I really hope so
Oct 31, 2017 2:37 PM

Sep 2017
He said it should only take a little longer. A whole month seems to be a tad over the "little" threshold, though this chapter has been due for so long that I wouldn't be surprised if that weren't the case.
I hope the coming chapter is really good, given how long it has been in development. Not a single chapter has come out after I started reading this manga and it's getting closer to the time it would normally take for a whole volume than to typical chapter releases.
Oct 31, 2017 9:31 PM

Nov 2014
Sadly the chapter has been delayed... Every single time I am interested in a manga, the author decides to enter on a hiatus.

Instead of answering questions he left even more unanswered. I just hope that's not some fancy shit like time travelling or genetic manipulation, I'm expecting a more interesting explanation. Also, that better not be Mitty, unless the author has a good reasoning behind.

Other than that, great chapter as always, got me hooked.

"I had thought that all my days were wasted,
where in fact they were such a bounty.
Always dreaming of the unrealistic,
I never looked what I had around me."
- Tatami Galaxy
Nov 3, 2017 8:26 AM

Aug 2014
Mega_Chen said:
Mr_Shnb said:
Reg was Reg before... NIGGA WHAT?

and don't tell me Mitty is still alive after all those tears i've wasted.

I can hardly choose whether I'd rather Mitty come back and cheapen what the anime just aired or Nanachi fall into a value trade trap that most likely would have her die a gruesome death or be a slave for eternity.

I hope they gave a happy ending.
I am sure there's something more than the 7th layer.

Theres no statement about 6 and 7 layers strain so far might even something more disturbing or nothing at all.

I am just curious what happens if you toss a person from the bottom of the abyss to surface in the speed of light?
That person would be the Bondrewd ofc.

I was kinda hoping that Bondrewd have more back story and perhaps abit of more clenching story why he's experimenting children, maybe for the sake of someone.
Man that could amazing drama but yeah he's a villain fuck it, and he's not even getting what i wanted for his whole torture.
Nov 3, 2017 8:47 AM

Sep 2017
Xaelath said:
Mega_Chen said:

I can hardly choose whether I'd rather Mitty come back and cheapen what the anime just aired or Nanachi fall into a value trade trap that most likely would have her die a gruesome death or be a slave for eternity.

Theres no statement about 6 and 7 layers strain so far might even something more disturbing or nothing at all.

I am just curious what happens if you toss a person from the bottom of the abyss to surface in the speed of light?

I was kinda hoping that Bondrewd have more back story and perhaps abit of more clenching story why he's experimenting children, maybe for the sake of someone.
Man that could amazing drama but yeah he's a villain fuck it, and he's not even getting what i wanted for his whole torture.

6th layer is loss of humanity or death, 7th is certain death (which sounds better imo, so maybe by the 8th layer the blessing outshines the curse)

He would suffer the curse from each layer in order of ascent. We have seen from the stairs scene that the curse is dichotomically discrete in nature for each layer. It doesn't matter how much you ascend - the curse just abruptly triggers from a certain threshold.

Have you read the extra chapters? Orth was discovered almost 2000 years ago. There is an indescribable calamity that happens every 2000 years. Bondrewd claims his research is done "for the next 2000 years". Coincidence? I think not. My guess is that Bondrewd was trying to do something about the disaster about to happen, maybe being a survivor from the previous one, as Zoaholic gradually made him go absolutely mad about it, making him willing to sacrifice the bodies of himself and many helpless children for his goal.

Most side characters are kind of left behind without much closure. I'm kind of hoping there is some sort of shift in the plot after we get to the bottom of the abyss so that all the charaters become relevant again. This manga can't end without showing us some badass fights between the (actual) white whistles.
Nov 3, 2017 9:25 AM

Aug 2014
Mega_Chen said:
Xaelath said:

6th layer is loss of humanity or death, 7th is certain death (which sounds better imo, so maybe by the 8th layer the blessing outshines the curse)

He would suffer the curse from each layer in order of ascent. We have seen from the stairs scene that the curse is dichotomically discrete in nature for each layer. It doesn't matter how much you ascend - the curse just abruptly triggers from a certain threshold.

Have you read the extra chapters? Orth was discovered almost 2000 years ago. There is an indescribable calamity that happens every 2000 years. Bondrewd claims his research is done "for the next 2000 years". Coincidence? I think not. My guess is that Bondrewd was trying to do something about the disaster about to happen, maybe being a survivor from the previous one, as Zoaholic gradually made him go absolutely mad about it, making him willing to sacrifice the bodies of himself and many helpless children for his goal.

Most side characters are kind of left behind without much closure. I'm kind of hoping there is some sort of shift in the plot after we get to the bottom of the abyss so that all the charaters become relevant again. This manga can't end without showing us some badass fights between the (actual) white whistles.

The problem lies on the author itself.
I read the issues and Wikipedia.
It took months for a single chapter and it would took another 1 year for 1 single volume.
Judging the pacing it'll take about 2-3 volume hence about 2 years or 3 before the anime adaptation if they're generous enough to complete the whole story.

I am hoping to see Ozen and Bondrewd make another appearance in depth of the abyss.

About Bondrewd it haven't really clear what happened to the 6th layer.
2000 years on surface or is it on the abyss where time move faster than the surfaces?
Certainly if there's something about the relic it was made from the ancient people.
The people might came from the the surface... Before the events that cause "something" maybe swallow everything on the surface to the depth of abyss hence alot of weird things such as clock tower,ships,remains of relic,more advanced technology on depths found only in abyss.
Just my theory though.
I love how many mystery surround the story making each chapter a question itself.
The problem are cute Vs torture, it's fucking disturbing.
XaelathNov 3, 2017 9:29 AM
Nov 3, 2017 9:38 AM

Sep 2017
Xaelath said:
Mega_Chen said:

It took months for a single chapter and it would took another 1 year for 1 single volume.
Judging the pacing it'll take about 2-3 volume hence about 2 years or 3 before the anime adaptation if they're generous enough to complete the whole story.

I am hoping to see Ozen and Bondrewd make another appearance in depth of the abyss.

2000 years on surface or is it on the abyss where time move faster than the surfaces?
Certainly if there's something about the relic it was made from the ancient people.
The people might came from the the surface... Before the events that cause "something" maybe swallow everything on the surface to the depth of abyss hence alot of weird things such as clock tower,ships,remains of relic,more advanced technology on depths found only in abyss.
Just my theory though.
I love how many mystery surround the story making each chapter a question itself.
It generally takes little more than a month for a chapter to come out, it's just chapter 43 that is taking unusually long. Might be due to being busy with the anime's production, but that excuse is going to expire very soon.
Nov 3, 2017 11:11 AM

Sep 2016
Mega_Chen said:
Xaelath said:

Just my theory though.
It generally takes little more than a month for a chapter to come out, it's just chapter 43 that is taking unusually long. Might be due to being busy with the anime's production, but that excuse is going to expire very soon.

May also be due to the fact that the chapter could be the longest the author has ever released. I remember a tweet from him (unfortunately i can't find it) where he casually said something like "there's already 50 pages" and iirc it was at the beginning of october. He didn't explicitly said that he was talking about the next chapter, but if i'm right then we'll be getting 50-60 new pages of mindfuck in the 6th layer. Hopefully we'll get the new chapter on november 10th (for explanations about chapters' release dates, see previous posts of this thread)
Nov 3, 2017 3:47 PM

Aug 2014
Mega_Chen said:
Xaelath said:

Just my theory though.

According to first page they said Author are addicted to games.
Something similar to HxH issues?
This time it's Splatoon 2, not Dragon Quest.
Dec 3, 2017 4:04 AM

Dec 2014
well ice to see reg past//but it still gets more confusing
Dec 23, 2017 9:35 PM
Dec 2017
I feel like people are forgetting one thing. Faputa is unstable mentally. She's clearly not in her right rational mind. She also feels entitled to Reg, almost possessive of him. Claiming to have called him Reg before Riko did strikes me as rather childish, almost as if she's pettily trying to claim Reg as hers by making a false claim.
Apr 19, 2018 8:09 AM
Apr 2018
I can't believe in reincarnation theory. At least when it comes to dogs. ;)

Faputa said that Reg was supposed to bring "haku" with him. A thing of highest value. Why? For who? Only plausible explanation would be "for Lyza", as Reg knew Lyza and looks like Lyza sent him somewhere. "Thing of highest value". But as far as we know things of highest value are important only in the village, as it's the only place (as far as we know), where trade exists in the abyss. And below this level lies "final maelstrom", which sounds rather, well, final.

Another thing I just checked: in one of the flashbacks in this chapter word "Reg" is written on black background as if said in the past in the flashback. That would mean that Reg remembers Faputa saying his name.
GreeksApr 19, 2018 8:43 AM
Jan 4, 2019 2:46 PM

Jul 2016
Interesting yet puzzling chapter.

Faputa seems to be a very interesting character so far. I want to know more about her, being honest.

So many questions yet so few answers. Nice chapter.

P.S.: I must say that Faputa's design is really cool. Not sure where the author finds his inspiration but those designs are definitely something I haven't seen in a while.
Apr 14, 2019 9:36 AM
Apr 2018
Wow, this keeps on getting so mysterious. And the short interaction between Jurio and Ozen, plus Sherlie and Menae... this is all so unsettling.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Best new gen series

XiongYifan - Feb 29

10 by Riot »»
Apr 18, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Chapter 67 Discussion

Xenocrisi - Feb 14

24 by Artromex »»
Apr 13, 3:58 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Chapter 40 Discussion

Xenocrisi - Jul 7, 2017

12 by owennordness41 »»
Feb 26, 5:02 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Chapter 66 Discussion

Xenocrisi - Jul 30, 2023

10 by WeLoveIs »»
Feb 21, 10:07 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Chapter 51 Discussion

Satou0Kun - Mar 31, 2019

26 by Luma2 »»
Feb 19, 6:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.