Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 17, 2017 9:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Good episode, loved the meal they presented this episode:

Simple yet looks realistic and delicious. The idea of pasta sauces being added to this series brings variety.

I'm also glad to see they are introducing more characters including a princess this episode although I hope they'll return in future episodes.
Jul 17, 2017 10:59 AM

Apr 2010
All i can say is that this is the best moment of the week, it's so relaxing and calming it's just great.
The episode was as good as the previous one but it was still very enjoyable.
The ending was nice, cheering someone up is always a good thing.
Jul 17, 2017 11:47 AM

Dec 2014
Great, just great. I'm craving Spaghetti and chocolate now. I guess I'll go rummage around and hopefully find the latter. :|

Really nice episode once again, love the slow and relaxing atmosphere of the show. The characters and their stories in this episode were nice as well, I love watching the characters enjoy their meals. :)
Jul 17, 2017 11:48 AM

Aug 2013
I'm craving 'clouds'. I want to eat some 'clouds'.

Good episode and the meals looked so good.

Jul 17, 2017 11:53 AM

Jun 2015
This was a relaxing episode. The food looked really good. The princess was sick and cheered up after a chocolate parfait. Watching the characters enjoying their meal is so heartwarming.
Jul 17, 2017 11:54 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
This is anime of the season for me. The second story gave me tears in my eyes, it's just so pure and mellow. The OST is just a perfect fit for a series like this.

ED is pure bliss.

Wonderful, what else to say.
Jul 17, 2017 11:54 AM

Nov 2016
I grinned when I saw them having spaghetti with meatsauce, cause I had it earlier too xD

The part with the princess was so relaxing and heartwarming and I think I'm gonna go for a ice cloud as desert now.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 17, 2017 12:20 PM

Sep 2013
They make that spaghetti meat sauce look so good :(
Food/trade company owners and a princess, the previous owner is also seen.
Jul 17, 2017 12:27 PM

Sep 2015
Smudy said:
This is anime of the season for me. The second story gave me tears in my eyes, it's just so pure and mellow. The OST is just a perfect fit for a series like this.

ED is pure bliss.

Wonderful, what else to say.

ikr, the OST is godlike
Jul 17, 2017 12:30 PM

Sep 2015
Can someone explain a bit more about this door?
maybe something trivia

Into the Internet!
Jul 17, 2017 12:45 PM

Jan 2015
This was a relaxing episode, I loved it. It was very hearthwarming

This anime is so special
Jul 17, 2017 12:49 PM

Oct 2009
This anime is a real surprise, it's always relaxing, so far it's one of the best of this season!
Jul 17, 2017 12:53 PM
Sep 2016
ZBlastHistory said:
Can someone explain a bit more about this door?
maybe something trivia

Jul 17, 2017 1:12 PM
Mar 2016
Man that Chocolate Parfait is very delicious, if only I know where can I get it, cu'z there weren't any fancy Ice Cream places to where I am from.
Jul 17, 2017 1:23 PM

Feb 2016
I would like to eat some 'clouds' now hehehe

I find this pretty relaxing, at first I thought that I wouldn't like it because it would be an episodic SoL sort of anime, but it turned to be better than I expected
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jul 17, 2017 1:31 PM

Sep 2014
Tenshu is like the main character I want to be when I hit my middle 30's. Chill, doesn't care too much about profit, only cooks to satisfy others. Feels like an overall happy life.
Jul 17, 2017 1:59 PM

Oct 2014
Something about this show is just so relaxing and warm.
Animus and mangos
Jul 17, 2017 2:14 PM

May 2015
Such a relaxing and heartwarming episode. Really, this show just gets better and better. It really has such a soothing effect.

Jul 17, 2017 2:32 PM

Feb 2016
Definitely the iyashikei of the season, and one of the best ones i've seen. So far, this is my aots. I can't believe how short these episodes feel. 24 minutes feels like five.

And, dammit, every single episode has made me tear up. And laugh.
Jul 17, 2017 2:37 PM

Jun 2013
This was such a sweet episode!
Definitely my favorite Thus far!
Jul 17, 2017 3:32 PM

Oct 2013
Nice episode. I really liked Adelheid's story with her kindly Emperor granddad.

Next week it looks like we're back to the AD&D Monster Manual comes to dinner - Elves and Lizard Men!

Jul 17, 2017 3:34 PM

Oct 2012
This anime is just perfect. As a cooker myself I can relate so much. BTW, isn't Princess voiced by Ueda Reina? She sounds familiar.
Jul 17, 2017 3:42 PM

Sep 2011
Aversa said:
All i can say is that this is the best moment of the week, it's so relaxing and calming it's just great.
The episode was as good as the previous one but it was still very enjoyable.
The ending was nice, cheering someone up is always a good thing.

Combine that with the unsung hero of this series, the OST, and we have the clear hidden gem of this season. It has nothing flashy or action-y to keep most people's attention, but it is a fantastic series to watch on a Monday afternoon (in the States).
Jul 17, 2017 3:50 PM

Jun 2014
The princess' story makes me want to channel my inner Gintoki and eat a chocolate parfait.

Another nice episode, this one had me drifting to sleep at times (not out of boredom, but because of how relaxing this show is).
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 17, 2017 4:31 PM

Feb 2009
This one seemed a little bit off to me. The pasta didn't look as good compared to the other dishes from previous epds. The specifications on each bite didn't capture the moment either, everything just seemed flat the first 12 minutes. Not it's best epd, but so far the mood remains pretty chill.
Jul 17, 2017 5:45 PM

Jan 2015
Wow what a heartwarming story in second part, i literally teared down, it was very well done. That story about the princess and Wilhelm and how he showed her that restaurant and that stayed in her warm memories <3 and then by a string of fate she visited that place again and ate a Parfait. That was the biggest happiness she saw in a long time because of how she's been lonely for a long time :(
Also looks like Wilhelm is some kind of badass, getting a kingdom together like that, all hail Wilhelm.

Hope we'll see princess more and she'll be happy <3
Jul 17, 2017 6:03 PM

Jan 2016
So the old-man use the recipe from Nekoya to share pasta with his world huh? Not bad lol
Really good episodes, love the food and I really like the princess I thought the story would be when she's still a little kid turned out she's already an adult.
Jul 17, 2017 6:12 PM

Jan 2008
Good on the old man, thinking like a true shrewd entrepreneur, stealing ideas.

Oh good, they dive into a bit more of the financial side of the restaurant. Nope, scratch that. They took one step forward, and two steps back.

Alright, I'm stumped. I can't figure out the exact reason why he would give the businessman the restaurant's monthly proceeds for Day of Satur/Saturdays. I know he subtracts an amount from the lot for the bag of ingredients brought, but what about the remainder? Being his accountant? Is he holding it for him like a bank? Changing it to smaller coinage to use as change for customers who pay with large amounts and needs to break it up? Foreign exchange currencies between different countries? Or all/multiple of the above? And besides paying employees of another world, it's not like he needs to buy ingredients from there too, so how does the master go about changing the fantasy currencies to real world money (to keep the restaurant running as a business); sell to pawn shop that buys gold?? If he didn't care about profits, he'd take a pretty big hit in the bank book, even if it's only 1 out of 7 days, or more like especially because it's 1/7 days--those expenses add up. I can already see Gordon Ramsey giving the master a visit for his show on Kitchen Nightmares. Wish they explained a bit more as it's been bugging me.

As for the empire princess, it was sweet and cute and all, but I feel like they glossed over the "pauper's disease" bit, making it sound like it's apparently some kind of incurable deadly disease...but *poof*, all of a sudden an icecream parfait is all it took to cure her, or at least treat the symptoms. Now I wanna know "WTF was the disease then!?"

I'm sorry, but the realist side of me can't overlook all these plot holes, even if this show is meant to be a slice-of-life fantasy story of escapism.

And I bet I'm not the only one who saw them cutting corners on the animations...I hope they fix those for the BD/DVD releases, or else I'd think twice before buying them:
Estoy_GordoJul 17, 2017 6:16 PM
Jul 17, 2017 6:41 PM
Jul 2017
These past two episodes were super sweet and heartwarming. I'm glad to see where this series is going :')
Jul 17, 2017 6:55 PM

Sep 2013
5/5- This is the feel good show of the season. It's definitely uplifting.

I love this series. It's so relaxing and heart warming. It's the best series to just chill and watch after a long work day. That princess is hoooooot. Hope the disease is temporary cause she's adorable girl who loves to eat "clouds".

I like her voice but I'm not sure where she's from and this website doesn't list who voiced her. She sounds so familiar though.
TehSnawnJul 17, 2017 7:00 PM

Jul 17, 2017 7:12 PM

Jul 2016
"Ok episode" for me... Idk, I think the characters don't impress me that much to sympathize with them and their stories (in this episode at least).

I kinda miss the dragon lady from episode 1 :/
Jul 17, 2017 7:38 PM

Jun 2013
SouthRuizVera said:

She was the main reason why I wanted to continue watching lol.

Yeah, I think this show is too slice of lifey for me. It's gone straight past relaxing to boring territory. I don't get off on people talking describing food in detail, but hey, that's just me.
Jul 17, 2017 8:03 PM

Apr 2017
Knight's Pasta Nom nom, Oh what a delightful meal
Since different brands of herbs are express much more in their company
But Every amount of spice are filled up your suitable taste in this ep

GIMME ONE OF THOSE PARFAIT.. pls xD

5/5

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Jul 17, 2017 8:03 PM

Dec 2014
so many meals with character stories....nice
Jul 17, 2017 8:08 PM

Jul 2015
One of the things this anime does right is it brings in a lot of interesting characters, I like their little backstories, they give just the right amount of information to get me somewhat interested in the characters, and I enjoy their reactions to the restaurant.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jul 17, 2017 8:32 PM

Aug 2014
Oh man that princess. I want to feed her some clouds.
QuattroVaginasJul 17, 2017 8:36 PM
Sieg Zeon!
Jul 17, 2017 8:49 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Another great episode but I will say that the princess has no business being that perfect >.<
Jul 17, 2017 9:07 PM

Dec 2012
Lovely episode. The Spaghetti with Meat Sauce & Chocolate Parfait look great & delicious.

As always I'm hungry after watching an episode.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jul 17, 2017 9:07 PM

Mar 2009
That princess. What a cute.
Jul 17, 2017 9:22 PM
Jul 2018
I think I have a different opinion than everyone else, but I think what I said prior which is me fearing that the episodes will feel absolutely static is starting to really be apparent for me.

I get that it's a Slice of Life episodic series and I get that it's also that it's really much a SoL series, but in all honesty even then I'm not really caring nor enjoying myself, which is a red flag for me, especially for a series that I have no complaints on the Isekai setting.

This is just me but I'm really hoping it can really make me enjoy them later on because I honestly don't care too much. The worst part about this is that I prefer a B-Class anime that was made by the same studio that is actually airing this season compared to this series... that's saying a lot, and I don't think Battle Girl Highschool isn't very good either, but at least it has some of my attention later on after episode 1.
Jul 17, 2017 11:57 PM

Jun 2017
I just can not get enough of this show! Didn't actually listen to the ED until this episode, but it is really nice. Looking forward to next Monday.
Jul 18, 2017 12:40 AM
Jun 2013
Sirius ordered spaghetti with meat sauce again; his grandfather's plan to steal more recipes won't work if all the kid orders is spaghetti with meatsauce. I'm beginning to think that each visitor only ever orders one dish, the same dish, every time.
Anime exists
all is well
Jul 18, 2017 12:43 AM
Apr 2017
-Trippwire- said:
SouthRuizVera said:

Yeah, I think this show is too slice of lifey for me. It's gone straight past relaxing to boring territory. I don't get off on people talking describing food in detail, but hey, that's just me.

I also started to get bored with this show... I'm sorry fans...😢 but every episode, the show ends up with the same resolution, which is, they go eat at the restaurant, the food is nice, they become better and then they live happily ever after...

Actually, I don't really know what to expect from the show. Perhaps it will be more interesting if the story of the restaurant and its workers develop as well along with the side stories... 😯
Jul 18, 2017 12:54 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Yet another fantastic and heartwarming episode. I'm really enjoying this show thus far and my worry of a lack of story development is now diminishing away for I want more of such sweet and pleasant stories.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 18, 2017 12:55 AM

Dec 2016
haniyeszer said:
-Trippwire- said:

I also started to get bored with this show... I'm sorry fans...😢 but every episode, the show ends up with the same resolution, which is, they go eat at the restaurant, the food is nice, they become better and then they live happily ever after...

Actually, I don't really know what to expect from the show. Perhaps it will be more interesting if the story of the restaurant and its workers develop as well along with the side stories... 😯

Not your cup of tea then...
Jul 18, 2017 1:50 AM
Apr 2015
This show is very comfy. Just like the restaurant to the customers.
Jul 18, 2017 2:25 AM
Nov 2016
Not a bad episode. The food was good and the stories we're good too.

Seems like this series will follow the same pattern all throughout this season. It is sort of weird how most of the episode is set in that one little room of the restaurant but it's not very bothersome.
Jul 18, 2017 2:44 AM

Jul 2014
Yeah, this is relaxing and all, but it's really teetering into being downright boring most of the time. That said, the story with the princess was quite a nice one, probably one of the best ones so far.
Jul 18, 2017 3:44 AM

Apr 2015
Could be boring if I'm sat down watching this every day, but once a week no problem.
Jul 18, 2017 3:55 AM

Mar 2013
Ah~
Another smooth and relaxing episode right there :)

The music/OST also complements the atmosphere of the show very well~
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Easter hunt help

Canfro - Apr 16, 2022

18 by Mithun1237 »»
Apr 3, 9:14 PM

Poll: » Isekai Shokudou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2017

163 by chocoalyaUwU »»
Apr 1, 9:47 PM

Poll: » Isekai Shokudou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2017

137 by Forum »»
Jan 15, 6:31 PM

Poll: » Isekai Shokudou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2017

69 by gyanburubii »»
Jan 8, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Isekai Shokudou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2017

83 by Hayley2877 »»
Sep 14, 2023 1:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.