Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 16, 2017 3:21 PM

Dec 2008
It's a serious critic. I'm not creating this topic because I want to talk trash about this anime.
I would love to watch Apocrypha until the end, there is so many interesting characters !

But what the fuck is the problem with all those loud sound noises in the middle of any action scene ???

I'm suprised I don't really see any comment about this issue (edit : there is many more now on episode 3 topic) ! I'm speaking about this inaudible noises each time something make a loud sound (explosion, ...). It's almost like digital distortion.

This new episode (3) was the perfect example with the battle between Lancer of Red and Saber of Black.

If you got UTW version :
Sound noises à [10:50 - 10:56], 11:06, 11:13, [11:17 - 11:23]
And strangely [11:14 - 11:16] seems ok
And there is so many other examples, even in the first two episodes.

I am alone disturbed by this issue ?
DragonicJul 17, 2017 1:23 AM
Jul 16, 2017 4:27 PM

Sep 2012
Honestly, I think it might be the video encoding and not actually the original broadcasting itself. Not too sure. It's weird how the audio would be able to make it past the audio check by the technician staff. Did they really think it was fine?
Jul 16, 2017 6:01 PM

Jun 2014
I noticed it too, I think it might have something to do with the guy who's in charge of sound direction. It's the same guy who did sound direction for Youjo Senki, which also had explosions that sounded similar to the ones during the fight in episode 3. I don't think they would want to allow that to air if it was a problem, so it's probably a stylistic choice, seeing as how some of the other stuff this guy has worked on seem to have somewhat similar "digitally distorted" sounds.
thebrentinator24Jul 16, 2017 6:06 PM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 16, 2017 10:08 PM
Apr 2016
That's your problem, huh...
Re:formed
Jul 17, 2017 12:45 AM

Dec 2008
thebrentinator24 said:
I noticed it too, I think it might have something to do with the guy who's in charge of sound direction. It's the same guy who did sound direction for Youjo Senki, which also had explosions that sounded similar to the ones during the fight in episode 3. I don't think they would want to allow that to air if it was a problem, so it's probably a stylistic choice, seeing as how some of the other stuff this guy has worked on seem to have somewhat similar "digitally distorted" sounds.

I didn't see Youjo Senki, and that's a bad news because yes this "problem" might be a stylish choice.
But what a shit choice. Nobody wants to hear something like that, and not so many times in a couple of seconds in an action based anime -_- ! That might force me to drop Apocrypha because for now I can't fully enjoy any action scene with this issue (focusing on the noises ^^').
Can only hope that FlamingMangos is right and this is somewhat a video encoding issue.

Daniel_Naumov said:

Made this topic because I think this can be a problem for many other viewers, huh... :)
DragonicJul 17, 2017 12:48 AM
Jul 17, 2017 2:23 AM

Aug 2010
thebrentinator24 said:

I don't remember Youjo Senki ever bothering me in the sound department. They're definitely doing something wrong with this one.
Jul 17, 2017 2:49 AM
Apr 2016
Dragonic said:
thebrentinator24 said:

I didn't see Youjo Senki, and that's a bad news because yes this "problem" might be a stylish choice.
But what a shit choice. Nobody wants to hear something like that, and not so many times in a couple of seconds in an action based anime -_- ! That might force me to drop Apocrypha because for now I can't fully enjoy any action scene with this issue (focusing on the noises ^^').
Can only hope that FlamingMangos is right and this is somewhat a video encoding issue.

Daniel_Naumov said:

Made this topic because I think this can be a problem for many other viewers, huh... :)

I mean, not the twisted appearance of male characters turned little girls? Woah.
Jul 17, 2017 2:54 AM

Feb 2015
Yeah, those dubstep explosions are bothering me too. It's not ruining my enjoyment much, but it sure is rather annoying.
Jul 17, 2017 3:13 AM

Aug 2016
Huh and I thought my Headphones were giving up on me since I also noticed it while watching the recent episode (episode 3) and in a couple of Re:Creators episodes over the last couple of weeks...
But yeah like already mentioned it could be either a problem with the video and it is actually fine in the original broadcast or it could be a stylistic choice (maybe one that sounds better in the original broadcast aswell...).

Jul 17, 2017 5:37 AM

Sep 2016
yup, i cant stand those weird ass bizarre noise when lancer fight siegfried
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jul 17, 2017 7:16 AM
Mar 2017
you must has a low quality headset
Jul 17, 2017 7:26 AM

Dec 2008
SilverFever said:
you must has a low quality headset

Because you don't have the issue ???

(Senheiser PX 200-ii, a very good quality/price headphone, this can't be the problem here)
DragonicJul 17, 2017 8:34 AM
Jul 17, 2017 7:41 AM

Mar 2015
Daniel_Naumov said:
Dragonic said:

I mean, not the twisted appearance of male characters turned little girls? Woah.

That's common for the Fate series and Japan in general. If you're not a fan, move on.

And if I recall there is already a topic about this here, right? Go cry there
Jul 17, 2017 8:01 AM
Apr 2016
I am a connoisseur, not a "fan". Fans drink their own saliva on heavy metal festivals. I appreciate the ability to be able to drink my own saliva while watching/listening. The difference.

And the sounds of explosions are actually quite cheap. On the level of Michael Bay's abomination of Transformers. Otherwise I did not see any problem with the sound.
Jul 17, 2017 8:16 AM

Aug 2009
Daniel_Naumov said:
I am a connoisseur, not a "fan".
Yet you dont know that the Japanese were genderbending characters since way before anime, in japanese plays.

It was and still is art, even if it became an anime trope and what YOU should worry about is if the change of gender actually add anything to the myths or history of the character.

But no you would rather throw one liners in an anime forum.
Jul 17, 2017 8:31 AM
Apr 2016
I... yeah, that's what I would like to do.
Jul 17, 2017 9:35 AM
Jan 2017
It's been bothering me how much of this anime suffers from bad directing in general, but that might just be the source material being unable to decide just who the main protagonist should be (among other issues). Also 'touching moment with flowers' was decidedly untouching...
Also the servants look just a bit too... Ham.
Jul 17, 2017 10:15 AM
Apr 2016
CrimsonKobalt said:
It's been bothering me how much of this anime suffers from bad directing in general, but that might just be the source material being unable to decide just who the main protagonist should be (among other issues). Also 'touching moment with flowers' was decidedly untouching...
Also the servants look just a bit too... Ham.

Psst, no main protagonists. There are series that focus on the situation as a whole. This is one of them (while arguably Zieg, Jean'dark and Shishigo could be considered main characters, in essence, they are not)
Either way the series is crap. Those out of the world explosion sounds only support such an unpleasant statement.
Jul 17, 2017 1:10 PM

Aug 2014
Daniel_Naumov said:
I am a connoisseur, not a "fan". Fans drink their own saliva on heavy metal festivals. I appreciate the ability to be able to drink my own saliva while watching/listening. The difference.

You have your head stuck so far up your own ass it hurts just having to see it.
Jul 17, 2017 5:21 PM

Mar 2015
Oh I thought it was just my crappy earphones lmaoo
Jul 17, 2017 5:54 PM

Jan 2015
It might have to do with with the quality of the Rip tbh, I doubt it's gonna be like that in the blu-rays. I think even the Netflix version might not have this, of course we can't really compare...
Jul 17, 2017 7:27 PM

Jan 2013
Its definitely the quality of the rip. There's no way the sound directors would think that this is adequate. When it releases on Netflix eventually, i'm pretty sure all the sound distortion would disappear
Jul 17, 2017 8:10 PM

Sep 2007
It's not the rip at all, this shit is super common in recent anime, it's 100% intentional. comet lucifer does it, regalia of the whatever that mech show was did it, etc. It's meant to evoke the sound of a microphone recording being blown out by how loud it is to add impact, and it sounds horrible.

It's not gonna get fixed, deal with it, the sound design is shit in this anime.
Jul 17, 2017 8:18 PM

Nov 2013
Rahkshilord said:
It's not the rip at all, this shit is super common in recent anime, it's 100% intentional. comet lucifer does it, regalia of the whatever that mech show was did it, etc. It's meant to evoke the sound of a microphone recording being blown out by how loud it is to add impact, and it sounds horrible.

What confuses me is Ufo did use this exact technique too. Pretty sure the first fight with Berserker was full of them, for example. So not sure why people are only mad at this one.
Jul 17, 2017 11:25 PM

Mar 2016
Botato said:
Rahkshilord said:

What confuses me is Ufo did use this exact technique too. Pretty sure the first fight with Berserker was full of them, for example. So not sure why people are only mad at this one.

It's the same sound director as UBW and F/Z so yeah idk why people are taking note of it now...
Jul 18, 2017 12:23 AM

Dec 2008
DragonSlayer_19 said:
Botato said:

It's the same sound director as UBW and F/Z so yeah idk why people are taking note of it now...

I can't find a problem like that in UBW with the battle between Saber and Berserker (or any other battle) :

No digital distorsion at all ! This issue is only in Apocrypha for now (for Fate series) !
DragonicJul 18, 2017 12:26 AM
Jul 18, 2017 2:05 AM
Apr 2016
Oh look. A Berserker looking like a berserker... so RARE!
Jul 18, 2017 2:10 AM

Nov 2013
I didn't notice it until episode 3, but it is kind of annoying. The same thing happened with Youjo Senki and Strike the Blood fight scenes.
Jul 18, 2017 2:31 AM

Aug 2009
Daniel_Naumov said:
Oh look. A Berserker looking like a berserker... so RARE!
Oh look another one liner that adds nothing to this thread.
Jul 24, 2017 1:31 PM

Dec 2008
Damn, the sound is still crap in this episode 4 :(
Jul 24, 2017 2:00 PM

Apr 2012
They are slowing down the sound and then speeding it back up. Look up explosions on youtube and play it an 0.5 speed it sounds like that.
I think they wanted to emphasize the speed at which everything is happening but it didn't go so well.
It doesn't bother me so much and I didn't notice until you pointed it out.
Jul 24, 2017 4:12 PM

Mar 2016
You know why those sounds are there? Because they're to sword clashing!
UBW sometimes uses sounds that don't have noting to do with the weapon in question. For exemple, in UBW, sometimes Lancer's lancer sounds just like a wood stick falling into de ground LMAOOO... And there are others too that have the same problem! Glad to see that this show does not have this problem!
Jul 24, 2017 4:14 PM

Mar 2016
azertyY said:
You know why those sounds are there? Because they're to sword clashing!
UBW sometimes uses sounds that don't have noting to do with the weapon in question. For exemple, in UBW, sometimes Lancer's lancer sounds just like a wood stick falling into de ground LMAOOO... And there are others too that have the same problem! Glad to see that this show does not have this problem!

Lol in berserker's fight with Saber (see in above video at 1:46), When berseker is hitting cemetery rocks with his sword, it sounds almost like gun shots too.
Jul 24, 2017 4:29 PM

Oct 2014
there is way worst aspects to this show than the sound editing(although yeah the lacking animation s, and the atrocious sound design are really distracting during some of what was supposed to be the more intense scenes in this).
Jul 24, 2017 4:37 PM

Jun 2012
Sorry but you are without luck, every Fate from Ufotable is the same... It annoyed me too at the beginning when I started watching the Fate series, even some other anime has those sounds too, it's just how it is, so don't expect the blurays to be any different.
Dropping because of this is not a good reason, maybe you were hotheaded when you made this thread.
Apr 1, 2019 3:55 AM

Jun 2016
Was looking for this topic. Yeah, that annoyed me to no end throughout the entire series. Who thought that was a good idea? It's beyond irritating.

More topics from this board

» A Guide to Fate/Apocrypha

OneBetta - Mar 14

2 by OneBetta »»
Mar 14, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2017

97 by TheBiggestAm »»
Mar 9, 7:31 PM

» Who is your favorite character from Apocrypha?

Omarumba - Feb 25

28 by Manthors »»
Mar 1, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2017

278 by PirateHasan »»
Jan 5, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

86 by PirateHasan »»
Dec 28, 2023 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.