Forum Settings
Forums

What do you think about how guys act like little pussys in harem anime?

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 16, 2017 10:33 AM
Jul 2018
Ignore the MC if the girls or story is good or drop the show. But good harem usually have MC with real personality.
Jul 16, 2017 12:57 PM
May 2015
i used to dislike MC's like that to but then i watched school days... now i'm just happy as long as the MC isn't like Makoto
Jul 16, 2017 1:21 PM
Sep 2012
I miss harem male protagonists like Ranma Saotome. He's a fucking boss.
Jul 16, 2017 11:08 PM

Aug 2008
One thing I know for sure is that little pussys won't get girls in real life. I don't like those pussys in harem. It can't be helped that some anime are for pussy Japanese teenagers. Because of this, not surprisingly harem is actually my second least favorite genre after ecchi according to MAL Graph.

http://graph.anime.plus/Zapredon/favorites,anime

I also found harem pointless because in the end, only one girl will win.
ZapredonJul 17, 2017 10:11 PM
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jul 16, 2017 11:33 PM

Oct 2014
Because Japanese men in real life are very timid and since anime caters mostly to the male demographic, they make the MCs more "relatable."
Jul 17, 2017 12:52 AM
Jul 2016
so what do u think if main character in harem act like itou makoto.
Jul 17, 2017 12:55 AM
Nov 2016
I refuse to believe that anyone surrounded by that many girls can be so beta.
So yes I hate them.

Jul 17, 2017 2:23 AM

Nov 2009
I find serial rapist protagonists like Makoto from School Days, Hagure Yuusha or Rance to be unrelatable.
Most other types of harem MC are way more relatable in comparison.
But I find the MC from Okusama ga Seitokaichou to be the most realistic - he might resist at first, but if the girl pushes through that, he will go on the offensive.

In many cases, harem MCs actually have reasons for behaving like that.
Sometimes, they're in position where they should not do anything to the girls. Like their teacher or father-figure. Or brother.
Sometimes, the MC has reasons to suspect the girls aren't sincere. Usually because of past history, but being an mighty demigod suspecting all the girls are gold diggers is a reason too.
Sometimes, the MC already knows whom he loves, and doesn't want to accept love from other people. (but these other people often keep getting in the way of progress of his main interest)
Sometimes, the MC has goals that aren't romance, and doesn't want to accept love because that will just get in the way. Haganai's MC did it particularly impressively.
Sometimes, the girls are just bad at attempting to seduce. Really, what makes them think they can just skip the whole building relationship, going on a date, creating the mood and stuff step? What they're doing is just sexual harassment.
And finally, building a relationship with a volatile tsundere who isn't actually capable of giving what she offers (without going on a rampage in the middle) is often a major element in harems. Even non-tsundere girls often can't handle much affection. Cause they're young teenagers.

In other cases, the MC isn't actually like that, but it's censored when adapting a game to anime.

1lastfall said:
Does the following idea not sound kind of amusing though?:

So think of a harem anime where the main character was just playing all the girls that want him, getting with all of them, pissing off all the other ones that are in love with him.

There would be fierce emotions.

The end could be break-through. For example, the MC actually picks and marries one. Or even better, the girls never talk to the MC again after realizing he's a douchebag and group kick his ass while the credits roll. hahaha

There is such an anime. It's called School Days. Go on, watch it. Well, you probably already know how it ended.

1lastfall said:
That's interesting to bring up. It makes me wonder how many manga/anime creators are closet-foreveralones. I wonder if the creators of fan service heavy ones are the cream of that crop.

I never thought of it in this way cuz I always just blindly revere them. I still would even if they're losers.

I've heard Ken Akamatsu, author of ecchi harem works like Love Hina and Negima, has a hot cosplaying wife.

SpaghettiSpike said:
I still got no idea why anyone would consciously watch any anime of that kind. On the other hand it makes total sense that a person with this level of awareness would rant about things that are quite obvious from the cover alone hence the reason we are getting so many threads like these.

Well, I think appeal of harem anime is obvious. It's girls. In pure harem, the male lead is only there for them to be sexy for.
Jul 17, 2017 2:33 AM

Apr 2017
PAW___ said:
so what do u think if main character in harem act like itou makoto.
Makoto was a pussy to begin with but he changed because of something called character development
Jul 17, 2017 2:40 AM

Dec 2013
It's probably because they're shy of girls and suddenly so many girls are around them.
Jul 17, 2017 3:05 AM

Mar 2015
flannan said:
1lastfall said:
That's interesting to bring up. It makes me wonder how many manga/anime creators are closet-foreveralones. I wonder if the creators of fan service heavy ones are the cream of that crop.

I never thought of it in this way cuz I always just blindly revere them. I still would even if they're losers.

I've heard Ken Akamatsu, author of ecchi harem works like Love Hina and Negima, has a hot cosplaying wife.

talking about this make me remember to love ru author wife... it's fucking sad... you know, when reality is stranger than fiction...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jul 17, 2017 3:24 AM
Nov 2014
Because that's the only thing harem authors are capable of. Making a main character with a will of his own is too hard for them.
There are a few LN/WN where the author actually has some talent and manages to write a decent harem. But it's extremely rare, you will need to go through thousands of thickheaded/wimpy MC's before you can find an acceptable one.
Jul 17, 2017 3:43 AM

Jan 2013
I think it's fine, because that's the catch.
Y'all have some jaded perspectives on this topic lol

It reminds me of a similar thing people note in romance series - 'Why is the kiss scene the end result, I want to see more afterward' - because quite frankly it's not interesting and there's hardly anything to work off of. If you apply that process to harem series, there isn't a definite interest in one guy bouncing between all these different girls whimsically, it's stale as hell. Imagine if that was the norm, people would think it's ridiculous.

And HELL YEAH there are people like that IRL
That's not even a perplexing thought to me.
ChandelaJul 17, 2017 3:52 AM
Jul 17, 2017 3:53 AM

Apr 2016
It's mandatory for harem shows so...
Jul 17, 2017 4:28 AM
Nov 2013
I have no idea why everyone always flaunts Issei as not a pussy, when in reality all he does is talk about breasts and then fails to act 99% of the time the girls in the show throw themselves at him.

flannan said:
I find serial rapist protagonists like Makoto from School Days, Hagure Yuusha or Rance to be unrelatable.
Most other types of harem MC are way more relatable in comparison.
But I find the MC from Okusama ga Seitokaichou to be the most realistic - he might resist at first, but if the girl pushes through that, he will go on the offensive.

In many cases, harem MCs actually have reasons for behaving like that.
Sometimes, they're in position where they should not do anything to the girls. Like their teacher or father-figure. Or brother.
Sometimes, the MC has reasons to suspect the girls aren't sincere. Usually because of past history, but being an mighty demigod suspecting all the girls are gold diggers is a reason too.
Sometimes, the MC already knows whom he loves, and doesn't want to accept love from other people. (but these other people often keep getting in the way of progress of his main interest)
Sometimes, the MC has goals that aren't romance, and doesn't want to accept love because that will just get in the way. Haganai's MC did it particularly impressively.
Sometimes, the girls are just bad at attempting to seduce. Really, what makes them think they can just skip the whole building relationship, going on a date, creating the mood and stuff step? What they're doing is just sexual harassment.
And finally, building a relationship with a volatile tsundere who isn't actually capable of giving what she offers (without going on a rampage in the middle) is often a major element in harems. Even non-tsundere girls often can't handle much affection. Cause they're young teenagers.

In other cases, the MC isn't actually like that, but it's censored when adapting a game to anime.

Good list of reasons.
You only forgot that the mc simply does not give a shit, because he knows he can have who he wants, has other shit to do, etc.

Also Makoto, while a scumbag in general is not a rapist, and a lot of the instances
most people would act on.

Akatsuki, while his actions would definitely fall into sexual assault in the real world, is in an anime world where stripping woman of their underwear in combat is part of the humor. He he is simply a badass character (like a super perverted James Bond) that i'd imagine most men wish they could be.
Jul 17, 2017 6:58 AM

Jul 2015
pgmhecateii said:
What about Masamune-kun no Revenge? Not your typical harem protagonist, at least.

You guys are saying that so people can relate to the main character, but is it actually possible to have a harem in irl?

masamune is just your typical retard harem mc
being good looking don't change a lot ,he did exactly like what every beta mc do

harem mcs are just for the self insert , they are not relatable
tragedydesuJul 17, 2017 7:09 AM
Jul 17, 2017 7:08 AM

Dec 2012
if it makes the story interesting.. yeah why not?

© 花巻 花郎 @ pixiv.net
Jul 17, 2017 8:50 AM

Sep 2014
Most of japanese anime/game fans are all beta-males.

I dont care if its relatabe, its too fucking frustrating and unconvincing.

Smoke Weed Everyday
Jul 17, 2017 9:08 AM

Sep 2009
FRamzy said:
yeah there are a lot of harem protagonist who act that way and it's kinda annoying to watch, but there are some harem mc that i actually like, for example : Kazami Yuuji from Grisaia, Keima from TWGOK, Issei from Highschool DxD.

Yep we need more badass harem MCs like Yuuji. But except of Issei ofc, he sucks :(

Jul 17, 2017 5:44 PM
Jan 2016
Why? Because if they weren't, it would turn into a hentai.
Jul 17, 2017 6:13 PM

Jul 2017
Chandela said:
I think it's fine, because that's the catch.
Y'all have some jaded perspectives on this topic lol

It reminds me of a similar thing people note in romance series - 'Why is the kiss scene the end result, I want to see more afterward' - because quite frankly it's not interesting and there's hardly anything to work off of. If you apply that process to harem series, there isn't a definite interest in one guy bouncing between all these different girls whimsically, it's stale as hell. Imagine if that was the norm, people would think it's ridiculous.

And HELL YEAH there are people like that IRL
That's not even a perplexing thought to me.

It would be ridiculous, although it's already ridiculous lol.

I agree, it's irrefutable that the entire allure would be lost.

I don't know if anyone's debating that. Otherwise it would be a different story told.

However in certain examples (like Tenchi (and others of course)), the somber moments where nothing ends up happening, at the peak of the intrigue, some degree of romance could reward the viewers without closing the open ends.
Jul 17, 2017 6:26 PM
May 2017
Well besides being relatable to a Japanese audience as previously stated, it's also one of the main tropes that make harems possible when it comes to logical coherency. It's not the overarching trope of unrealistic kindness though.

A better written harem will have justifications for the harem existing. The MC being a beta is one of them. On top of being nice he's simply too afraid to act on his feelings, allowing the show to showcase all the female's affection for him for as long as the MC stays a little bitch boy.
Jul 17, 2017 6:57 PM
Sep 2013
baellistA said:
Why? Because if they weren't, it would turn into a hentai.

Pretty much.No other reason,really.

Actually,there are other kinds of harem that protagonists have more of alpha personalities in Seinen magazines.

But those have some particular setting that make harem story possible such as because of unknown diseases/ particular contracts protagonist can not have sex.
Jul 19, 2017 3:50 AM
Jul 2015
First of all, comparing somebody to vagina shouldn't mean compering somebody to something weak. Having vagina doesn't make you weak. Period (pun intended, but I guess it's not funny).
Now, to answer your question - I watched only one or two harems, and that was back in the day, when I first heard the term "anime", wanted to see it for myself and clicked on a random show on some website where you could watch anime. It happened to be harem, I don't even remember what anime it was, but I remember that I didn't like it and I didn't like any character.
So I guess that I don't like stereotypical harem male characters.
Jul 19, 2017 9:47 AM

Jul 2017
GreySelkie said:
First of all, comparing somebody to vagina shouldn't mean compering somebody to something weak. Having vagina doesn't make you weak. Period (pun intended, but I guess it's not funny).
Now, to answer your question - I watched only one or two harems, and that was back in the day, when I first heard the term "anime", wanted to see it for myself and clicked on a random show on some website where you could watch anime. It happened to be harem, I don't even remember what anime it was, but I remember that I didn't like it and I didn't like any character.
So I guess that I don't like stereotypical harem male characters.

What are you, some vagina supremacist? No need to be a stuffed shirt.
Jul 19, 2017 9:39 PM
Jul 2018
Denial of sexual and fear of the Id in the human psyche taking control.

Oops...I must've let my Freudian slip.
Jul 20, 2017 2:22 AM

May 2015
A lot of guys are extremely shy or have difficulties with women. Why are you, in any way, surprised?
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Jul 20, 2017 5:33 AM

Apr 2017
When I see Harem in which the male never makes a move. I question the purpose of even having a harem in the show to begin with. If the harem is for wish fulfillment then I wonder what guy in real life fantasizes about being surrounded by group of eagar attractive women and never making a move.
Jul 20, 2017 6:13 AM

Nov 2009
YuriCarrier said:
When I see Harem in which the male never makes a move. I question the purpose of even having a harem in the show to begin with. If the harem is for wish fulfillment then I wonder what guy in real life fantasizes about being surrounded by group of eagar attractive women and never making a move.

Being attractive and being loved is good enough for many people. Actually having a satisfying relationship is secondary.
Jul 20, 2017 6:16 AM

Mar 2016
1lastfall said:
Like Tenchi from Tenchi Muyo! for a solid example.

I mean I know for the sake of the anime not being a hentai it should be like that to some degree, but you know what I mean.

Is anyone actually like this in real life?
Don't get me wrong though, I love the Tenchi series' and other harem anime. xD

I don't know about Tenchi, but my nigga Yoichi ain't no pussy.

He be all up in that poon.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 20, 2017 6:18 AM

Apr 2016
They don't even deserve to be called beta males. There's shy around hot women and then there are these guys, who are real dense mother fuckers sometimes. I mean, I'm shy around hot women and a dense dense mother fucker myself but these guys are just a new level that isn't even socially acceptable. If you don't want sex with hot women yet, justify yourself instead of deserting them or unintentionally dragging them through the mud when you want someone or absolutely no one. Ayato is one such example.
YuriCarrier said:
This guy knows what's up.
Jul 20, 2017 6:25 AM

Apr 2015
I relate to dense MC as long as they don't reject a blatant confession. I don't want to take initiative to girls and never will.
Jul 20, 2017 9:58 AM

Nov 2012
CodeBlazeFate said:
They don't even deserve to be called beta males. There's shy around hot women and then there are these guys, who are real dense mother fuckers sometimes. I mean, I'm shy around hot women and a dense dense mother fucker myself but these guys are just a new level that isn't even socially acceptable. If you don't want sex with hot women yet, justify yourself instead of deserting them or unintentionally dragging them through the mud when you want someone or absolutely no one. Ayato is one such example.

Since when does someone need to justify not wanting sex with a hot girl, huh? Have you ever thought about uncomfortable it might be to have someone you barely know approach you sexually and entice you to make a big decision that changes relationships? Maybe...you should tell those harem girls to stop sexually harassing MC and respect his personal space!

I haven't seen Asterisk so idk what I'm even talking about tbh.
Jul 20, 2017 10:00 AM

Apr 2016
SuperRed said:
CodeBlazeFate said:

Since when does someone need to justify not wanting sex with a hot girl, huh? Have you ever thought about uncomfortable it might be to have someone you barely know approach you sexually and entice you to make a big decision that changes relationships? Maybe...you should tell those harem girls to stop sexually harassing MC and respect his personal space!

I haven't seen Asterisk so idk what I'm even talking about tbh.
Because in the situation shown in these shows, they know hem well enough. If someone you're sort of attracted to is a attracted to you and is coming onto you and you know this (especially if they are doing so without harassing you and/or you like this), there should be some reason for not reciprocating to her other than "it will break the harem". Abstinence, waiting until you and her form a stronger relationship, something other than narrative convenience.
Jul 20, 2017 10:35 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
CodeBlazeFate said:
Because in the situation shown in these shows, they know hem well enough. If someone you're sort of attracted to is a attracted to you and is coming onto you and you know this (especially if they are doing so without harassing you and/or you like this), there should be some reason for not reciprocating to her other than "it will break the harem". Abstinence, waiting until you and her form a stronger relationship, something other than narrative convenience.

But what if that reason being unexplored isn't of particular importance to the viewer in question, and if anything, they feel like narrative convenience simply makes way for more of the type of content that they're watching the product for in lieu of burdening itself with unnecessary exposition to provide reason to the rhyme of the product?

Putting those other possibilities aside, I think your idea is kind of dogshit, because while at face value (in terms of just stating it rather than thinking of it in application) it'd leave the type of content open, it'd demand that the female character in question respect that stated desire lest she be painted as an inconsiderate bitch and therefore lessening the type of content keeping me coming back by extension. The only thing we'd be able to work with is the idea that these feelings are there, and part of the entertainment from the product (to me at least) comes from that admiration being shown rather than just known to be there.
ManabanJul 20, 2017 10:40 AM

Jul 20, 2017 10:42 AM

Apr 2016
Manaban said:
CodeBlazeFate said:

But what if that reason being unexplored isn't of particular importance to the viewer in question, and if anything, they feel like narrative convenience simply makes way for more of the type of content that they're watching the product for in lieu of burdening itself with unnecessary exposition to provide reason to the rhyme of the product?
It takes like no effort or time unless it's a major plot point for the show or an episode, and it actually makes it more relatable for those trying to insert themselves into the Protagonist like "Hey, I practice abstinence or would only have sex after a stable relationship too; I identify with him even more now and am even more invested", as well as making potential naysayers day "oh hey, he's actually pretty reasonable so now I like this guy a bit more". You know, that way it conveniences the viewer even more while also conveniencing even more viewers. It caters to more crowds that way rather than saying "people who already like this kind of entertainment only".

Besides, it would add a layer of actual humanity to the character (especially if she respects that) and actually give the narrative more life and Slice, making it more interesting and flavorful for all viewers. I mean, these series already stall all potential relationships in given they he feelings have always been there with at least a few of the participants, but it would at least be nice. I mean, even if she doesn't respect it and is therefore an inconsiderate bitch, chances are, at least one of the participants is a bitch who treats you like shit from time to time and has basically unjustifiably tried to kill you or best you up brutally for no justifyable reason. Is it a crime to ask for even one show to do that? I mean, I wanna join the fun sometimes too ;~;
CodeBlazeFateJul 20, 2017 10:58 AM
Jul 20, 2017 10:58 AM

Jul 2015
CodeBlazeFate said:
Manaban said:

It takes like no effort or time unless it's a major plot point for the show or an episode, and it actually makes it more relatable for those trying to insert themselves into the Protagonist like "Hey, I practice abstinence or would only have sex after a stable relationship too; I identify with him even more now and am even more invested", as well as making potential naysayers day "oh hey, he's actually pretty reasonable so now I like this guy a bit more". You know, that way it conveniences the viewer even more while also conveniencing even more viewers. It caters to more crowds that way rather than saying "people who already like this kind of entertainment only".

Or he could be put off by a girl acting thirsty.
Jul 20, 2017 10:59 AM

Apr 2016
scruffs said:
CodeBlazeFate said:

That too. Just something, please? Stuff like this is why I can't have fun with these things.
Jul 20, 2017 11:08 AM

Jan 2017
the mc is always to shy and stupid or extremly horny and pervert the mc is never normal but why should I care i only care about the girls
Jul 20, 2017 11:09 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
CodeBlazeFate said:

It takes like no effort or time unless it's a major plot point for the show or an episode

"Let's just toss it in there to give a reason for something being like this and keep on rolling like normal."

Can't say I think that people wouldn't pick up on that. It'd just get lambasted as being lazy and tossed in there for the sake of maintaining a harem if it would proceed as normal, and if it didn't then like I illustrated above, the only way to do so without bastardizing a character for no good reason is to make a change that I feel would negatively impact the product for the most part.

Right now I'm treating it like you're trying to sell me on this idea moreso than anything, since I am a fan of the type of product in question and I see no good coming from it for somebody like myself from my own perspective, only potential negatives for the sake of appealing to a broader audience. Which as I will get to later, I feel there's no reason to care about as much.

"Hey, I practice abstinence or would only have sex after a stable relationship too; I identify with him even more now and am even more invested"

Yeah. Being a bit of a prude and practicing abstinence is totally going to make the average harem fan like the MC more and relate to them.

I know I'm being a bit of a dick here, but I just can't think of an earnest response to that one because it seems so absurd to me ._. I mean, wimpy as fuck MCs tend to be annoying, yeah, definitely, but...

as well as making potential naysayers day "oh hey, he's actually pretty reasonable so now I like this guy a bit more". You know, that way it conveniences the viewer even more while also conveniencing even more viewers. It caters to more crowds that way rather than saying "people who already like this kind of entertainment only".

Well, why should I even care about other people liking the type of product I like to begin with? I'm not as thin-skinned as to be hurt by people hating it, and in most cases I only argue in defense of it as a matter of principle because I don't like people (who usually don't tend to be fans of the type of product in question themselves) trying to argue in favor of ideas that I think will actively work against my enjoyment of what I like for their own sake rather than anything else.

Since I quite frankly don't care about criticisms and opinions of non-fans to begin with, what other benefits would I gain by pushing to making the product more accessible to many that would compensate the (probably hurtful) changes that may come alongside it? What does this do for me and why should I even factor it into account when taking into consideration ways to improve the general quality of the product?
ManabanJul 20, 2017 11:20 AM

Jul 20, 2017 11:10 AM

Jul 2015
CodeBlazeFate said:
scruffs said:

That too. Just something, please? Stuff like this is why I can't have fun with these things.

That's one of those things you can pick up via the body language of the characters. But that goes against what these types of anime are trying to accomplish and that is comedy and/or fap material. Romance is usually an after thought.
Jul 20, 2017 11:22 AM

Apr 2016
Manaban said:
CodeBlazeFate said:

First off, drawing attention to my edit:

Putting those other possibilities aside, I think your idea is kind of dogshit, because while at face value (in terms of just stating it rather than thinking of it in application) it'd leave the type of content open, it'd demand that the female character in question respect that stated desire lest she be painted as an inconsiderate bitch and therefore lessening the type of content keeping me coming back by extension. The only thing we'd be able to work with is the idea that these feelings are there, and part of the entertainment from the product (to me at least) comes from that admiration being shown rather than just known to be there.

It takes like no effort or time unless it's a major plot point for the show or an episode

"Let's just toss it in there to give a reason for something being like this and keep on rolling like normal."

Can't say I think that people wouldn't pick up on that. It'd just get lambasted as being lazy and tossed in there for the sake of maintaining a harem if it would proceed as normal, and if it didn't then like I illustrated above, the only way to do so without bastardizing a character for no good reason is to make a change that I feel would negatively impact the product for the most part.

Right now I'm treating it like you're trying to sell me on this idea moreso than anything, since I am a fan of the type of product in question and I see no good coming from it for somebody like myself from my own perspective, only potential negatives for the sake of appealing to a broader audience.

"Hey, I practice abstinence or would only have sex after a stable relationship too; I identify with him even more now and am even more invested"

Yeah. Being a bit of a prude and practicing abstinence is totally going to make the average harem fan like the MC more and relate to them.

I know I'm being a bit of a dick here, but I just can't think of an earnest response to that one because it seems so absurd to me ._.

as well as making potential naysayers day "oh hey, he's actually pretty reasonable so now I like this guy a bit more". You know, that way it conveniences the viewer even more while also conveniencing even more viewers. It caters to more crowds that way rather than saying "people who already like this kind of entertainment only".

Well, why should I even care about other people liking the type of product I like to begin with? I'm not as thin-skinned as to be hurt by people hating it, and in most cases I only argue in defense of it as a matter of principle because I don't like people (who usually don't tend to be fans of the type of product in question themselves) trying to argue in favor of ideas that I think will actively work against my enjoyment of what I like for their own sake rather than anything else.

Since I quite frankly don't care about criticisms and opinions of non-fans to begin with, what other benefits would I gain by pushing to making the product more accessible to many that would compensate the (probably hurtful) changes that may come alongside it? What does this do for me and why should I even factor it into account when taking into consideration ways to improve the general quality of the product?
They would fefinitely pick up on that, but they'd say that it makes the main character much more bearable for them as while it keeps its harem, it does so in a way that actually keeps them on their toes and feels at least somewhat more fresh than MC leaving because harem didctates that he just ditch her for no other reason.

I am trying to sell this idea. I mean, that's partly why Chivalry of a Failed Knight was much more widely accepted than day, The Asterisk War. It took more risks and tried to feel more human while either keeping or playing around with the typical elements it has at its disposal.

Dude, they're selling this to 14-17 year old teen boys who are fresh to the whole sex and romance scene. Of course we're often prudes about this. This target demographic often does practice abstinence or at least only wishes to have sex after establishing a strong relationship. It's part of the dream for us. They're not just selling it to adult harem lovers, they're mostly selling it to people like me.

Not saying you should care about what critics of the work have to say about it. Just that we wanna join in on the fun sometimes too and that shows that actually allow that of us are incredibly cathartic and rewarding. These are minute additions that wouldn't really hurt the product, especially if it wants to branch out and do more interesting things (hence why they'd take such a risk). It could potentially attract some more viewers, therefore make some more money, as we all know studios are all about that cash.
Jul 20, 2017 11:22 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
CodeBlazeFate said:
Is it a crime to ask for even one show to do that? I mean, I wanna join the fun sometimes too ;~;

Shomin Sample does that in a way that adds to the comedy because the MC has to act like he's gay, even though he's not. Doesn't do much else in the way of making the MC more memorable and he'd probably just be another beta without it, but it's still present nonetheless. Would be better if he was an Issei-type protag who had to do that imo.

Jul 20, 2017 11:23 AM

Apr 2016
Manaban said:
CodeBlazeFate said:
Is it a crime to ask for even one show to do that? I mean, I wanna join the fun sometimes too ;~;

Shomin Sample does that in a way that adds to the comedy because the MC has to act like he's gay, even though he's not. Doesn't do much else in the way of making the MC more memorable and he'd probably just be another beta without it, but it's still present nonetheless.

Interesting. too bad I have a metric truckload of anime I need to get to, so at this rate, it would just be part of a long and ever-expanding waiting line
Jul 5, 2022 3:53 PM
Mar 2022
Its fucking annoying and irritating to no end. I cant stand pussies and weak punk ass bitches in anime or real life their just a stain on existence. Take anime where sky is the limit and how a lot of the best anime male mc especially male mc with harems that are alpha are among the top of most ppls favorites list and yet with limitless imagination the loser forever virgin writer makes the male mc have the tiniest balls among every male and female... especially the females in the entire show. They claim its all due to the self insert but holy shit if you can or even worst proudly self insert yourself into any of those losers shoes you have epicly failed at life you have no hope and you should go play in traffic right now with hopes that you have never sadly passed your genes on making the world a more pathetic place.
Jul 5, 2022 3:55 PM

Aug 2018
I only think about it insofar what it says about the people watching it that they are so easily triggered by loser MCs. Hit a little close to home, huh?

Also, that's not how you spell that word.
Jul 5, 2022 3:57 PM
Mar 2022
CodeBlazeFate said:
Manaban said:

First off, drawing attention to my edit:

Right now I'm treating it like you're trying to sell me on this idea moreso than anything, since I am a fan of the type of product in question and I see no good coming from it for somebody like myself from my own perspective, only potential negatives for the sake of appealing to a broader audience.

I know I'm being a bit of a dick here, but I just can't think of an earnest response to that one because it seems so absurd to me ._.

They would fefinitely pick up on that, but they'd say that it makes the main character much more bearable for them as while it keeps its harem, it does so in a way that actually keeps them on their toes and feels at least somewhat more fresh than MC leaving because harem didctates that he just ditch her for no other reason.

I am trying to sell this idea. I mean, that's partly why Chivalry of a Failed Knight was much more widely accepted than day, The Asterisk War. It took more risks and tried to feel more human while either keeping or playing around with the typical elements it has at its disposal.

Dude, they're selling this to 14-17 year old teen boys who are fresh to the whole sex and romance scene. Of course we're often prudes about this. This target demographic often does practice abstinence or at least only wishes to have sex after establishing a strong relationship. It's part of the dream for us. They're not just selling it to adult harem lovers, they're mostly selling it to people like me.

Not saying you should care about what critics of the work have to say about it. Just that we wanna join in on the fun sometimes too and that shows that actually allow that of us are incredibly cathartic and rewarding. These are minute additions that wouldn't really hurt the product, especially if it wants to branch out and do more interesting things (hence why they'd take such a risk). It could potentially attract some more viewers, therefore make some more money, as we all know studios are all about that cash.

All of that is just fucking sad AF and you should have your man card revoked until your balls drop out of that vagina you currently have.
Jul 5, 2022 3:59 PM
Mar 2022
Adi-Buddha said:
I'd assume that the characters writer is trying to make the MC more relatable to the average Japanese male. Seems like Japanese guys like anime more when they see themselves in the main character.

So simply what I'm trying to say is, Japanese guys can relate to the MC because they are pussies that can't pick up women... I'm pretty sure I've read a couple of studies that back this up too. The studies talk about how the average Japanese male is genuinely afraid to talk to women. It's pretty pathetic.

Edit: that's also why you see a lot of MCs who have messy black hair and their eye color is black.

Sadly jap males are lame wussies for the most part i mean there is a big reason there population has been declining and they have the high avg age for virgins in the world. They lack balls and in japan the women have more guts and balls than prob 80% of the sad fucks in that country.
Jul 5, 2022 4:02 PM
Jul 2018
It's a common trope in harem and it's there for different purposes.

It could be to do with comedy or create a story about change or whatnot.

If the character acts like a chad all the time it would be interesting and could be used as a counter to the cliche. The guy is a chad and the harem are a bunch of pussies but idk.

People don't tend to experiment with shitty harems so it just remains the same as it always has been.

I personally hate it, people like kazuya are just so insufferable it really takes the enjoyment out of the show.
Jul 5, 2022 4:03 PM
Mar 2022
1lastfall said:
Yeah yeah, but it still hurts my soul a little. I can't be the only one lol.

@Ainosense

That reminds me of the last time a girl was that forward with me.
Randomly was in my house, came out back and I was smokin a cig. She looks at me and says "you're really attractive" and sat on my lap.
What did I do?
Called her hot also, put my arm around her, and a few days later had meaningless sex.
That was a pretty alright experience.

Your not trust me there are tons of us who feel the same way and the only ones defending are the loser forever virgin beta whimps. Guys like us dont miss a chance but all those pussies would cry like a baby if a titty popped out instead of licking it. All we can hope for is that the majority of them never reproduce and give the world even more beta bitches to ruin everything.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Things you are jealous of in anime

IpreferEcchi - Apr 20

40 by traed »»
6 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

176 by ISeeLifePeople »»
11 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

89 by FanofAction »»
12 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows?

EverRealm - Today

46 by mason_black »»
16 minutes ago

» Do you watch anything else besides anime? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 21

77 by Vosgy »»
18 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.