Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Post New Reply
Poll: Fate/Apocrypha Episode 3 Discussion

Yesterday, 5:07 AM

These 3 episodes are quite disappointing.
Generally, the animation is medium and the visual gives the impression of watching a series of generic fantasy such as Chain Chronicle or GrandBlue Fantasy. The characters aren't very developed either. They match with a trope "dere-dere" and personally I repeat myself constantly but I am tired of seeing this type of characters in all adaptations from light novel or manga. For example the character with the pink hair that I will name "Felix" or the false Saber (the "vulgar" xD).

The story is difficult to follow given the number of characters and I feel that the background of most of the servants are shown in a rush.

Yesterday, 8:47 PM

I was really hyped for Apocrypha, but so far, from the point of someone who reads the novel, isn't what i was expecting. Everything is so rushed to the point that it doesn't pass the right feeling that you should get. I'm not expecting by any means to be match the novel, but it could be way better.

TuyNOM said:
the animation is medium and the visual gives the impression of watching a series of generic fantasy such as Chain Chronicle or GrandBlue Fantasy.

About the animation, this quote said everything.

Don't take my criticism as "This show is bad", on the contrary, i'm just a bit disappointed overall. Let's keep going, story gets more interesting later.

Today, 2:20 AM

alstreim14 said:
I was really hyped for Apocrypha, but so far, from the point of someone who reads the novel, isn't what i was expecting. Everything is so rushed to the point that it doesn't pass the right feeling that you should get. I'm not expecting by any means to be match the novel, but it could be way better.

This is surprising because 25 episodes are planned to fit 5 volumes, I think?

Today, 3:06 AM
Those fresh born homunculi sure act alot more humanlike than those of the Einzeberns. (Shouldn't they act more like dolls/machines?)

Today, 3:18 AM
Shingster
Out of all the black faction Celen has to be the strangest one lol. Seeing your fellow's being dumped like garbage must be a scary sight. So an artificial human eh. This guy has a hell of a determination to wake up though which i guess is normal after seeing what happened to those that didn't. At least he was found by Rider who's one of the kindest servants on this side. Its nice that Rider realizes what's going on and hides him though. Rider really has a kind and caring personality though thats for sure and its nice that she's willing to take care of the guy until he recovers. To think that Ruler was seen as a threat and red lancer was sent to deal with her though. As expected of ruler to know the names and identities of her opponents. So thats rulers real identity eh. The appearance of black saber was a surprise. It looks like both sides are trying to use Ruler in their ways then. Gordes is mistaken if Ruler would fight alongside him though lol. Lancer as ever loves a straight up fight. Its nice that we get to see the backstory and origin of Black saber aka Siegfried. I guess as a knight Siegfried lived to serve and protect the people but the amount of wishes that he has to fulfill sure are large.

It is sad that his role as a knight ensured that Siegfried did not have a personality or indeed wish of his own though as his life ended though. Using the battle between lancer and saber to explain sabers motivations and beliefs was a nice move. Still the fight between the two was really good and both are evenly matched. Ruler is very dutiful towards her given rules i see. As judge and moderator she has to stay neutral in this fight. Gordes really gets angry way too easily. Its surprising how short the life span for artificial humans are though. Though i guess they are classed as tools i guess. Beserker has a surprisingly cute side to her though. Its nice seeing Caules try and get to know Beserker though. Beserker's origin story was pretty sad actually. The relationship between the two is pretty cute. Caules has a pretty close bond with his sister then eh. Its nice to see not just the servants but the masters are being expanded upon and fleshed out here. In a way both Fiore's and her servants wishes are pretty similar in that they center on healing and recovery. So red saber and her master decided to set up a base in a tomb eh. The red beserker though looks like a deranged lunatic. Interesting plan Darnic had in mind though.

Today, 3:38 AM

frenze12 said:
Those fresh born homunculi sure act alot more humanlike than those of the Einzeberns. (Shouldn't they act more like dolls/machines?)
The Einzebern homunculi showed a lot of emotion as well.Iri(because of Kiritsugu),Ilya's maids and the homunculi that Ilya met in that pool all of them had humanlike emotions when their masters werent around.

Today, 4:21 AM

I'm so fucking done with this shit.
Bloated cast with almost no likable characters, way too mcuh boring exposition and probbaly the most atrocious fight scenes I have ever seen.

Today, 6:21 AM

TuyNOM said:

I guess you wanted to say that it's not surprising? Well, i know that 25 episodes to fit 5 volumes of content isn't even close to ideal, but Fate/Zero was 25 to fit 4 volumes and turned out to be really good.

First of all, the first episode should have been 48 minutes long, like happened in Fate/Zero. That episode was something brilliant, cutting the opening/ending and using every single minute to "start the war", summoning all servants, introducing all masters, showing a bit of the trama, etc...

9 hours ago

alstreim14 said:
TuyNOM said:

I guess you wanted to say that it's not surprising? Well, i know that 25 episodes to fit 5 volumes of content isn't even close to ideal, but Fate/Zero was 25 to fit 4 volumes and turned out to be really good.

First of all, the first episode should have been 48 minutes long, like happened in Fate/Zero. That episode was something brilliant, cutting the opening/ending and using every single minute to "start the war", summoning all servants, introducing all masters, showing a bit of the trama, etc...

I thought it would be enough. But I don't know the number of pages for each volume of Fate/Apocrypha, the story is perhaps very dense.

Completely agree with you for Fate/Zero. Ufotable did a brilliant work.

6 hours ago

Are people really liking this unironically?

6 hours ago

Terrible animation. The fights was mostly just effects and explosions, it was also way too short and the scenes just jump all over the place.

The currently inflated cast also makes it difficult to have any attachment for any of them, though I think that's natural for Fate. The cast now however is MUCH MUCH more inflated than most other Fate series, so the better start dropping quick before I lose interest.

I'm on the verge of dropping this, but the only thing keeping me here is that the Fate franchise tends to get better after characters die and the remaining ones get more focus.
I swear I'm not a lolicon.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Opinions are all relevant. I express mine freely and believe everyone should too. Unless you say "<Insert anime here> is the best! Everything else sucks", then GTFO.

2 hours ago

lusyo said:
Are people really liking this unironically?
To be fair, so far it's still more bearable than the pretentious snoozefests that were Fate/Zero and Unlimited Boogers Works even though that's not saying much.

Then again, it's still a Type Moon series, so...

It's like expecting Key to write an earnest character driven drama that's not riddled with plot contrivances and forced/eye-rolling melodrama (aka it's not gonna happen).

2 hours ago
any of you having distorted sounds? explosion sounds are messed up

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]