Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 14, 2017 3:51 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Two worlds huh?

Interesting. I have no doubt that these kids will eventually find Minerva soon. The sooner the better.
Jul 14, 2017 4:00 PM

Dec 2013
I'm not sure what I expected but it wasn't this.
Jul 14, 2017 5:07 PM
Feb 2017
They still have questions that have not been answered yet! Also, where did the demons come from and who is William Minerva? Does he want an uprising against the demons? Is there magic that keeps the 2 worlds apart or technology? Was it as simple as you don't hunt us we won't hunt you what went on between those events!!! My brain hurts need more information. Is Norman dead or alive? Is he with William Minerva and his people? Is William even human ugh......
Jul 14, 2017 5:49 PM

Dec 2009
Love these revelations. There's so much potential here with the two worlds divided concept that I can't wait to see how it all plays out.
Jul 14, 2017 6:17 PM

Aug 2016
this chapter in a nutshell:
https://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/ayx88Zq_700b.jpg

this is Nat Turner rebellion, but humans in general instead of only african-americans. I always had the feeling humans betrayed their own species (happened all the time during slavery in history, people selling their own people) so i was expecting something like this. and at the same time Kaiu Shirai is so smart in making an epic story, it kept me nervous and so interested during this chapter gosh, I´d give this mang 6/5 if I could.

it´s also somehow similar to Attack on Titan basement revelation. except the promised neverland doesnt wait too much to reveal these things. The day this manga has its own anime, its gonna cause the same impact attack on titan, death note, evangelion, code geass and steins gate had. word.
:v
Jul 14, 2017 6:20 PM

Dec 2015
I don't know how I feel about everything being revealed at this point already but then again, I fear I would be less willing to accept this kind of world if they would've figured it out at a later point.

Interesting that the human who proposed the treaty has an owl sitting on his shoulder, William Minerva might be related to him ?

Or was that part of the human's plan from the beginning, to smuggle their "gift" back into their own world? Might've been their intention with Minerva's family serving as the bridge between the humans of both worlds ... Or maybe they always wanted to leave humans on the demon world so that they could overtake the demons at some point for good and unite both worlds under human rule?
Would be interesting ... I'm wondering how far Promised Neverland will go, if the scale of Emma & co. 's struggles will lead to a war between worlds and an ultimate confrontation between demons and humans or if it really is just about their group finally reaching a safe haven
JacksnappJul 14, 2017 6:25 PM
Jul 14, 2017 9:55 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
So, is Earth divided by half, one side for humans, and the other side for demons? Or are they actually two separate worlds that are not physically attached? The second outcome makes more sense if it's not possible to go from one world to another.

5/5
Jul 14, 2017 10:13 PM

Mar 2015
it was turn to fantasy... something i wouldn't expect and another twist... but it's not the worse they expect so still on their calculation... dunno why, but minerva already growing to be villian for me... i hope my feelings is wrong...

we also don't know how humanity on other side look like, it might also something nasty too... well, since it yakusaku we talking about, i am only prepare for the worst...

"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jul 14, 2017 10:29 PM
Jul 2018
Meh, I have the feeling that what the demon said isn't everything and he is hiding something from them. OR maybe they had wrong information.
Jul 15, 2017 12:34 AM

Jan 2015
I was expecting something more tragic to be honest.
If they weren't on Planet Earth...now that world have been interesting
Still, I loved the revelation 5/5
Jul 15, 2017 12:44 AM

Mar 2017
I don't like the idea of there being two "worlds", still an amazing story regardless.

This may sound weird but I'm ready for things to turn dark lol
Jul 15, 2017 2:17 AM

Jun 2016
LunarPisces1 said:
I don't like the idea of there being two "worlds", still an amazing story regardless.

This may sound weird but I'm ready for things to turn dark lol

Lol right? I need to see half those kids get brutally wrecked in front of Emma and Ray and have them go into a deep depression because of it.
Jul 15, 2017 7:15 AM

Apr 2010
This manga is doing right everything that Shingeki messed up: Giving the answers bit by bit early in the story, avoiding giving the public high expectations and causing frustration in the future, and not stumbling into it's own mysteries and mythology.
Jul 15, 2017 8:06 AM

Jul 2016
This is the first time I'm discussing this series (I think), but considering the name Minerva (the Roman name for Athena, whose symbol was an owl) and the owl on the man's shoulder, I would like to believe that it's him.

Also, if that's true, then Athena being the goddess of battle strategy and craft, Minerva going by his name could have been the person to make up and start the contract.
Jul 15, 2017 8:08 AM

Dec 2014
Great chapter.

I don't know what I was expecting in terms of revelations but it certainly wasn't this, I was probably expecting something much more tragic and brutal.

So our story's gonna be about finding a way back to human side of the world. Considering all the stuff that the kids got, they're pretty sure that there is passage between the two worlds and Minerva is the one using it. Sometime in the future we'll know if they were right.

Also, are the kids who are on the demon side, the descendants of the humans who were originally on the demon side of the world and moved to the human side once the treaty came into place?
Jul 15, 2017 12:34 PM

Jul 2015
I'm so excited with this revelation, really interesting answer to the question about where they are, now they have to find a way to cross the path to the human side!

...I have the feel that shit will go down when they do so since that means they will probably break the pact made between humans and demons.
Jul 15, 2017 2:47 PM
Feb 2010
They are going to the human side but, aren't the humans terrible for agreeing to give them to the demons to farm in the first place. They don't seem to be mad about being left as scapegoats.
Jul 15, 2017 6:45 PM

Jun 2015
I wasn't sure the direction this manga was going to go in, but after this chapter, I'm feeling excited. It's giving off so many good vibes - adventure, mystery, horror - and I love it. This is one of the best series I've seen in a long time, and I can't wait to see what comes next. Great chapter. Great manga.

5/5
"Hurry up with my damn croissants."
Jul 16, 2017 8:47 PM
Jul 2013
Blytz said:
This is the first time I'm discussing this series (I think), but considering the name Minerva (the Roman name for Athena, whose symbol was an owl) and the owl on the man's shoulder, I would like to believe that it's him.

Also, if that's true, then Athena being the goddess of battle strategy and craft, Minerva going by his name could have been the person to make up and start the contract.

That's an bit of info, it also make me wonder if the humans originally decided to be patient and wait. The two sides were probably once equal in strength, but now there's a chance that the humans are actually stronger militarily because of their technology. By which I mean they probably have guns. If that's the case I pity the demons if the "present day" humans decide they want to liberate their trapped brethren.

I'm gonna make a loose predication, the children find a way to the human world, learn from them, gather allies and then return with loads of new weapons and tactics specifically made for slaying demons. But they'll be hinder by other humans wanting to maintain the status quo and avoid full scale war.

I also wouldn't be surprise if the ones who destroyed the original connections were the demons in fear of the humans growing power.
Jul 16, 2017 9:38 PM

May 2008
So much potential here. I hope they don't screw it up.
Jul 17, 2017 10:45 AM

Nov 2016
That is quite the interesting twist, but to think that other humans were allowing plantations to exist is pretty sick.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 18, 2017 2:11 PM
Jun 2013
I can see it moving into demons being better than humans direction, actually. After they went so far they agreed on making children plantations, I don't really think human world would be welcoming to our heroes
Breaking contract between humans and demons could lead to some really nasty consequences as well. I wouldn't write off possibility of their trespassing becoming a trigger of interspecies war, knowing this series and how dark it could get lol
Jul 20, 2017 6:29 AM
Dec 2015
Minerva worries me, I have a feelings he is either already dead or is in on it with the demons, I would also be interested to have some backstory on the demons and the split between the Human eating ones and the religious one and how these factions came to be, I guess we will found out in due course, but the manga is going on track extremely well one of my favourites within WSJ!!!!! Cant Wait!!!!!!
Jul 20, 2017 2:33 PM

Sep 2013
Maybe it's flat earth and the demons are living in the hidden places.
Sep 30, 2017 7:48 AM

Nov 2011
Those kid are amazing.. If I am in that situation, heard that there is no place for human in that world, I would need some time to calm down.. But hey, they think positively so fast ...

So I am quite sure now, that this could be a metaphor of foodstock in this world.. No place for cow or sheep if they want to escape in this world.. Those kids is in that same situation.. (Well, worse than people revolution to aristocracy power in human history of course)
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Oct 7, 2017 1:18 PM

Jan 2016
2 worlds? yeah i expected everything but this
Oct 17, 2017 3:45 PM

Jun 2014
Oh my fucking God this manga is fantastic. I was not expecting this in the slightest and the best part is, it makes sense and it explains so many things, answers so many questions I had, like the super high tech pen that came out of nowhere.

This is exciting, I love the theme of the manga never ended up changing after all, it's still about escaping from a prison, except this time the prison is way bigger.
:3
Nov 2, 2017 10:52 PM

Oct 2015
Woah, didn't expect that development :c
Nov 28, 2017 6:57 AM

Oct 2015
Fantastic, what a brilliant information. Since we know we have a two worlds. It's make me more exciting to see what will happen next !
Sep 23, 2018 10:57 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
I'm not sure what others were expecting but I find it grand that the kids still have an end goal and a reason for Minerva to be apart of it, whether or not that becomes bad or good. The history and the promise is quite something but will they be able to save everyone and unravel the threads left for them, Minerva obviously wanted the kids to eventually find the clues.
Feb 9, 2019 12:11 PM

Dec 2009
Ehh? I am not sure if I've liked this chapter or not.
It felt like a giant exposition dump, and a little bit of deus ex machina when they've popped out of nowhere to save the kids.
Either way, I still greatly enjoy this manga (except this and previous chapters)
May 5, 2019 2:32 AM

May 2016
They had found out that the Demons were all over the place ever since a thousand years ago and they're in the bad side of the Earth. Knowing tjat there's at least a place for humans gave them hope because it's just like escaping a bigger Grace Field House.

May 31, 2020 4:07 AM

Jan 2016
Interesting to see the series going off in a different direction. The first arc (basically what was adapted into the anime's first season) works great as a standalone story whilst this twists it into something else entirely. I can imagine some people not liking it (maybe even myself as the story goes on) but I applaud the creators for taking a risk and doing something different.
Aug 27, 2023 12:59 PM
Jul 2017
backstory is kinda weak

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Chapter 16 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2016

19 by Jonas1402 »»
Apr 8, 12:49 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Chapter 45 Discussion

zal - Jun 29, 2017

27 by luv_for_anime »»
Mar 23, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Chapter 20 Discussion

ichii_1 - Dec 26, 2016

19 by instantzoso »»
Mar 18, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Chapter 26 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2017

23 by Plume_Neolympe »»
Mar 6, 10:26 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Chapter 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2017

40 by Plume_Neolympe »»
Mar 5, 3:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.