Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Post New Reply
Poll: Shoukoku no Altair Episode 2 Discussion

Jul 14, 2017 11:00 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So we got more of storytelling about Mahmut's past. I have to admit, he can be quite hotblooded.

Interesting to see a rebellion this episode. Zaganos' decision to recapture territory seems to clash with Mahamut's own ideals. The continuous world building of this series is still evident as the show reveals more territories.

Zagano's leadership is interesting to take notice of this episode imo.

Jul 14, 2017 12:05 PM

God damn Turks Ottomans always had trouble with rebellions.

Lol'd at the Araba people's language, its probably meant to be Arabic but they mixed all kinds of languages to make it up.

Hope Ibrahim pull through this trap. I mean I read the manga and know what happens but just saying.

Jul 14, 2017 12:12 PM
Ramkec said:

Lol'd at the Araba people's language, its probably meant to be Arabic but they mixed all kinds of languages to make it up.

cant exactly pinpoint the language that araba talking
it has many dialects such as hungarian, chinese, central asian turkic, romanian
even some other balkan dialects as well
but didn't hear something like persian or arabic

Jul 14, 2017 12:22 PM

More about Mahmut past. He had it rough.

Zagano knows the real reason behind the rebellion and still decides to go ahead and crush it. I'm curious about his true intentions.

Seem like minister Louis wasn't punished for what he did in the previous episode. The empire's king clearly isn't a fool and can see right through him.

Jul 14, 2017 12:23 PM

Got to see more backstory for Mahmut. He wasn't a good leader back then. Him and Zagano are always clashing. Ibrahim was thought to be leading a rebellion, but in reality, his people are held hostage and he's forced to cooperate with the Araba Tribe. Zagano already knew about it. Mahmut tries to save him, but is cornered.

Jul 14, 2017 12:25 PM

DAMN, I'm surprised I managed to finish the episode. It was sooooooooo boring.

Gonna give it one more chance

Jul 14, 2017 12:28 PM
One Word - Anime

Well, a pretty good episode to say the least. Interesting to see the Vali's and Mahmut's past in relation to this revolution for it will inevitably bring the best in Mahmut out in desperation. On the other hand, Zagano seems to comprehend the situation already yet decides to crush the deliberate resistance. Whilst Minister Louis seems to have underestimated Zagano's wits as well as the King's. Kind of curious to see how things will work out. From my point of view, the preview seemed to be one where this crisis seemed to have been resolved and hopefully so.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 14, 2017 1:21 PM
The Shrike

Mahmut really got himself in a pickle there at the end. Should do a bit more research about who you fight before racing into battle like that.

"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 14, 2017 1:53 PM

All about the schemes which loius got outsmarted by, mahmut going to save his vali friend.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jul 14, 2017 1:58 PM
ichii_1 said:
All about the schemes which loius got outsmarted by, mahmut going to save his vali friend.

oh nooo he gave us spoiler :D lol

Jul 14, 2017 2:15 PM

Mahmut seems to have underestimated his opponent at the end, now he's in a sticky situation.

It was also nice to see a bit of Mahmut's backstory.
"MAPPA is saving anime. I have spoken."

-Hayao Miyazaki, 2020 (source: dude trust me lol)

Jul 14, 2017 2:23 PM

Man, this episode was way too 200% awesome than the last one episode I saw! Honestly, I am going to have really have with this anime! BUT I DON'T UNDERSTAND still why below 7 rating still on Mal? well isnt this thrill was enough? :\

We have got introduced to some badass villains and I guess I didn't expect the plot to get dark too early. (also I liked their designs as well). also the short fight was way too awesome.

BTW, having knew arabic language, but didn't expect the speaking was way too different than I imagined. Too much Interesting for second episode...

Jul 14, 2017 2:38 PM

Pretty decent episode.

Nice backstory for Mahmut.

Let's hope Mahmut can save his friend and stop this rebellion.
Also, Shara. <3

Jul 14, 2017 2:43 PM

Ramkec said:
God damn Turks Ottomans always had trouble with rebellions.

Hope Ibrahim pull through this trap. I mean I read the manga and know what happens but just saying.

OttomanKebab said:
Ramkec said:

cant exactly pinpoint the language that araba talking
it has many dialects such as hungarian, chinese, central asian turkic, romanian
even some other balkan dialects as well
but didn't hear something like persian or arabic

Sarah-Sama said:
for people who's asking about the araba tribe... i'm native arab and the araba language is not related to arabic at all, their attire and features are not that arabic too

geographically Turky share borders with Syria and Iraq, and arabs in general have a long history with the turks, if they just researched it a little further they would've been able to depict the araba tribe in an accurate way

They are Romani people....er Gypsies for lack of Political Correctness
Modified by SeasonLeaves, Jul 14, 2017 5:15 PM

Jul 14, 2017 3:03 PM

This would've been much better without Mahmut as the main lead smh.

Also, they should really explain somehow what things like Vali and Pasha mean, I bet most people watching this can only speculate.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."

Jul 14, 2017 3:15 PM

for people who's asking about the araba tribe... i'm native arab and the araba language is not related to arabic at all, their attire and features are not that arabic too

geographically Turky share borders with Syria and Iraq, and arabs in general have a long history with the turks, if they just researched it a little further they would've been able to depict the araba tribe in an accurate way

Jul 14, 2017 3:35 PM

This was a alot better episode! Zagano is the most intresting character so far, I wonder what his intentions are as he clearly knows the reason behind the rebellion

Jul 14, 2017 3:36 PM
Alright a major step up from the last episode, hope they keeps it up.

Jul 14, 2017 3:53 PM

Better than the first episode but still hasn't completely locked in my interest here; I'm guessing the pacing is trying to show how Mahmut becomes some great badass because all I'm feeling right now is that his impulses and quick-to-action attitude is gonna wind up getting him or even more people around him killed.
Don't believe the hype.

Jul 14, 2017 4:13 PM

Pretty intense episode. Wonder how they're gonna solve this whole conflict and get themselves out of the current predicament as well.

Jul 14, 2017 5:05 PM
Is anyone else surprised by Mahmut crossdressing? What were you expecting? Anyway, we get to see more political subterfuge and military strategies when the Empire forces Ibrahim in a difficult situation and Zaganos might be walking into a trap. Even Mahmut finds himself with all his options running out. Episodes like this put me on the edge of my seat.

Jul 14, 2017 5:50 PM

Pretty decent episode I guess. Some of Mahmut past and suddenly a rebellion and somehow I have a feeling that Zaganos is a traitor.

Judging from the preview, looks like Mahmut will travel alone in the future

Jul 14, 2017 5:54 PM
So the araba language is a made up language for this series or someone knows if it's an actual language

Jul 14, 2017 6:11 PM

EP 1+2

- Ah, a "Turk" with white skin, blue eyes and light blonde hair. Anime genetics never fails to surprise me! XD -> Let's spot the main character!
- Like the OP!
- Mahmut is likeable and cute. And I really like his way to think, try to solve problems and his sense of responsibility.
- ... and that he is confronted with the reality of his title he wanted to get / has to face reality at the battlefield.
- Really like the art and animation x3
- lol for the roof-scene
- Interesting politics involved
- Like the battle scenes
- THE EAGLE! <3
- Like the clothes and atmosphere

7-8/10 for me. Dunno, let me watch the rest. XD

Modified by _Maneki-Neko_, Jul 14, 2017 6:26 PM

"Do you know what kept me standing through all those years?
Faith. Not in any gods, not in myths and legends. In myself. In Daenerys Targaryen."

Jul 14, 2017 6:21 PM

Litane4 said:
So the araba language is a made up language for this series or someone knows if it's an actual language
it's made up for the anime

Jul 14, 2017 6:43 PM

this wasn't that bad

Jul 14, 2017 9:16 PM
I know Mahmut isn't exactly a charismatic MC but he he did grow on me, especially once the crew shows up.

Oh well, the masses would rather sit though things like Smartphone Shit if numbers are anything to go by. Not surprising in the least.

Jul 14, 2017 11:32 PM

So? It's a Forced Ideals and selfishness by taken down the whole empire as you conquered Hisar to make a huge better nation in the new country.

What a setback since Mahmut's decision can be a little pushover but never desired to back down without letting his role as Pasha be stain.

I might saw something much more inducing from it's every fights on the next one.

>5/5

Dirt on me, I'm finna blossom . . .----

Jul 14, 2017 11:57 PM
Maneki-Mew said:
EP 1+2

- Ah, a "Turk" with white skin, blue eyes and light blonde hair. Anime genetics never fails to surprise me! XD -> Let's spot the main character!

There's actually a legitimate reason as to why he is designed like that in this setting, hopefully the anime will touch up on it when it reveals Mahmut's full past

Jul 15, 2017 12:22 AM

Darn Cliffhangers.

Mahmut had quite the rough past. It's good to know that he isn't exactly perfect and does make mistakes, so he still has room to grow. He just became a Pasha after all, so he being inexperienced is going to be the uphill struggle for him.

Zaganos on the other hand knows something about the rebellion and is moving quickly to take over the city before the Empire arrives. This gives me memories of the RTS games I used to play back in the day. ^_^
Modified by Tarotist, Nov 14, 2017 6:59 AM

Jul 15, 2017 4:41 AM

This is really exciting.

Looking forward to this next episode.

Jul 15, 2017 5:12 AM
WatchSonnyBoy

Another boring episode imo. Think I'm a end up dropping this next episode which is a shame cause this seems similar to Arslan which I liked. Guess I'll drop next episode and repick it up if I hear it improved once it finishes airing.

Jul 15, 2017 5:27 AM

VanishingKira said:
Another boring episode imo. Think I'm a end up dropping this next episode which is a shame cause this seems similar to Arslan which I liked. Guess I'll drop next episode and repick it up if I hear it improved once it finishes airing.

Why don't you read the manga instead? It's better

Jul 15, 2017 7:24 AM
xisue said:
Maneki-Mew said:
EP 1+2

There's actually a legitimate reason as to why he is designed like that in this setting, hopefully the anime will touch up on it when it reveals Mahmut's full past

hmm well there are have blond hair and blue eyes turks

for example M Kemal Pasha lol

Modified by moonlightknight, Jul 15, 2017 7:42 AM

Jul 15, 2017 8:22 AM
The only thing I am disliking so far is the extremely obvious evilness of the Empire, like having those people discuss whether to kill a guy and start the battle, as well as the people who are willing to burn people's families to extend the borders a little bit, to evil scheming and organ music, to the guy with the sword at the end telling Mahmut that he will let him live long enough to see the Imperial soldiers coming in.

Other than that, this series has good visuals and music, a fairly interesting cast of characters, a great setting and is pretty entertaining to watch too.
Phosphophyllite is best gem

Jul 15, 2017 9:15 AM

I liked this episode a lot more than the last one. I almost expected everything to be resolved in the ene, but thankfully that didn't happen.

I was trying to figure out what language the Araba people were saying, since it definitely wasn't Arabic.

Zantius said:
Better than the first episode but still hasn't completely locked in my interest here; I'm guessing the pacing is trying to show how Mahmut becomes some great badass because all I'm feeling right now is that his impulses and quick-to-action attitude is gonna wind up getting him or even more people around him killed.

I'm guessing that's the point. He's naive and stubborn due to his desire to have peace, but because he's going by feeling, instead of being rational, people will get hurt. Once he learns his lesson he'll grow into a better leader that's more open to people instead of just birds.

Manga readers, is this how it goes? Or does he stay the same throughout the manga?
°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°

Jul 15, 2017 9:21 AM

Still keeping the same level as last episode, good. But, what's wrong with the score?
One man is no more than another, if he do no more than what another does.

Jul 15, 2017 9:40 AM

xisue said:
Maneki-Mew said:
EP 1+2

Ah okay. ^^ (That was no criticsm or like that, just a joke)

"Do you know what kept me standing through all those years?
Faith. Not in any gods, not in myths and legends. In myself. In Daenerys Targaryen."

Jul 15, 2017 1:05 PM
MonoJuMal said:
I liked this episode a lot more than the last one. I almost expected everything to be resolved in the ene, but thankfully that didn't happen.

I was trying to figure out what language the Araba people were saying, since it definitely wasn't Arabic.

Zantius said:

I'm guessing that's the point. He's naive and stubborn due to his desire to have peace, but because he's going by feeling, instead of being rational, people will get hurt. Once he learns his lesson he'll grow into a better leader that's more open to people instead of just birds.

Manga readers, is this how it goes? Or does he stay the same throughout the manga?

Manga reader here
You are on point but i don't wanna spoil it too much
He begins improve himself starting next episode though that i can say

Jul 15, 2017 1:34 PM

Maneki-Mew said:
EP 1+2

LOL. You never seen turks with blue eye ?! If you do google search you will find a lot of turks that look european

Kivanc Tatlitug, is Turkish actor with blond and blue eyes

Jul 15, 2017 2:30 PM

I am losing hope in anime community while reading comments for this series. Most of what I read is:
- About how unrealistic it is to have a blonde Turk as protagonist
- People getting confused over nations and countries and races
- About how Shara's attire was illicit in Ottoman

This is anime, in a fictional world. Just a bit influenced from real history. It is as close to real history as Lord of the Rings is, if not less.

Ottoman was once the greatest empire in the world, housing many nations, races, cultures and beliefs. Correct your misconceptions out before starting an argument.

Places and names are just there to make it relatable to those who are interested in history.

For example even though it is called Araba, their location, culture, music, dance etc. all points to them being real world Romani(gypsy) people. Might be a mistake on author's part or just intentional. The language they speak is gibberish. I have heard that langauge before in Drifters (Elf language, not sure if it is the same language though).

Jul 15, 2017 3:52 PM
That wasn't Arabic at all like at all !!!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jul 15, 2017 4:06 PM
It's sad to see such a great director wasting his talent in a very average story.

Hunter x Hunter 1999

Gundam unicorn

Rurouni Kenshin

Jul 15, 2017 4:38 PM
H-X-H said:
That wasn't Arabic at all like at all !!!!!

It's not
Araba tribe was based off from Romani people
"Araba" means Cart in Turkish which referencing the Carts that Gypsies used to travel with
H-X-H said:
It's sad to see such a great director wasting his talent in a very average story.

Hunter x Hunter 1999

Gundam unicorn

Rurouni Kenshin

Have you read the manga?
First chapter was kinda dull like that but it gets so good later

Jul 15, 2017 5:08 PM
Evan if the manga started of a bit dull it still had a sense of being epic yet sadly the anime doesn't have the same feeling that the manga has.

Jul 15, 2017 5:21 PM
Observer

This adaptation is very weak so far. My main complaint is that there is not enough build-up.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?

Jul 15, 2017 8:58 PM

Well, this episode was much better than the first, if mostly because it wasn't moving at a breakneck pace. (although could still slow down just a bit in more emotional scenes) It still hasn't grabbed me with it's characters yet, which tends to be the most important part for me in any show, but there's enough other stuff going on that I'm probably going to stick with it.

It kinda frustrates me, because this show feels like something that is close to being great, but at the moment I'm skeptical it will get there.
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good

Jul 15, 2017 11:25 PM

This episode felt way too fast.

Jul 16, 2017 8:37 AM

Another good episode. I wonder how they'll resolve the rebellion.

Jul 16, 2017 9:39 AM

OttomanKebab said:
MonoJuMal said:

Manga reader here
You are on point but i don't wanna spoil it too much
He begins improve himself starting next episode though that i can say

Thanks. I'll be looking forward to it.
°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

Preview MangaManga Store