Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Aug 1, 2017 5:27 AM
Jul 2018
I always order the blu-rays of the series that i like, to increase the chances of getting another series or some extras when possible. It helps the fact that i can pay for them personally.
Aug 2, 2017 9:38 AM
Jun 2017
lucifer_lina_xox said:
Kuraokani said:
The first time I watch a series, I watch it illegally. If I decide it's good enough then I'll buy the physical copy. I feel like it's a major waste of money to buy a series for 50-120 dollars then you find out it sucks.
But u are not even going to buy the anime after u watched and enjoyed u stingy animall tho
Who are you to say I enjoyed said anime? I'll buy a copy if I enjoyed it but I'm not buying Kokoro Connect. Sorry
Aug 2, 2017 9:40 AM

Mar 2017
I have a premium Crunchyroll, Amazon Prime and Anime Strike, and Netflix. If it's not on any of those, then I shrug my shoulders and find it somewhere else. I buy a lot of anime merchandise, so I think I've played my part.
Aug 2, 2017 9:55 AM

Aug 2013
I'm a scumbag and watch illigally because I'm stingy. So even if there are legal ways I'll still watch illegally when they both basically offer the same thing except one is free and the other is not.

Yes I'm a bad guy. And I like being a scumbag
Check out my epic? youtube channel yo!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtS2LcQwcqpHyQGXekGDGVA
Aug 13, 2017 7:08 PM
Aug 2017
I try watching anime on Netflix Crunchyroll or amazon prime but if there isn't an anime I'm looking for, I go to an illegal site :(
Aug 29, 2017 1:53 PM
Jan 2017
Kuraokani said:
lucifer_lina_xox said:
But u are not even going to buy the anime after u watched and enjoyed u stingy animall tho
Who are you to say I enjoyed said anime? I'll buy a copy if I enjoyed it but I'm not buying Kokoro Connect. Sorry
i meant enjoying in general. Not this anime.
Aug 29, 2017 2:01 PM

Oct 2016
Currently i'm watching them illegally, but as soon as i will get into uni and be able to pay online, i will immediately switch over to crunchyroll and other official sources. Uni should start in a month so there's only a month left til i go legal lol
Aug 29, 2017 2:02 PM

Apr 2013
I have never paid a cent for anything anime related.
Aug 29, 2017 9:40 PM
Aug 2017
Both for me.
I watch a lot of anime on Animax . Since I am paying for the channel , I guess its legal .
But I also download anime from net as well .
Aug 29, 2017 9:47 PM

Apr 2017
Both since Crunchyroll doesn't have animes I wan watch

Aug 29, 2017 9:50 PM

May 2017
rather illegally free than to pay for censored anime on crunchyroll
Aug 29, 2017 9:53 PM

Feb 2010
Legally whenever possible.

I never want to go back to relying on fansubs ever again.
Jul 7, 2019 8:15 AM

Aug 2017
well i only watch legally now. if an anime is not available then i am passing on it.... not every show has to be seen by me anyway.....
i feel much better now though since i started watching anime legally. i also used to pirate all my shit without feeling bad about it but i know feel very guilty whenever i try to pirate anime.... (for example i tried to pirate hxh but i just couldnt watch it any further cause i felt very very guilty)
Jul 7, 2019 8:21 AM

Jul 2015
Legally because it's only illegal when you pirate and distribute it. Personal use is perfectly legal where I live.
Jul 7, 2019 8:30 AM

Aug 2017
Wait. You guys are paying?
If so then I'm doing it Illegally
Jul 7, 2019 8:30 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Wouldn't mind buying my favorite Anime that I'm likely to re-watch now and then ONCE they decide to start selling BD releases digitally and with reasonable prices and sales.

But only thing that is sold digitally are shitty CR TV-releases. Screw those.

I rather buy games on steam on sales that last me for many hours and are digitally gathered. And somehow manage with my life essentials..

Only physical goods I buy from Japan are stuff I'm likely to use a lot. And gotten myself 1 Manga from gift card... since had to spend it. Also I have somewhere 1 DVD sitting in the corner I got from convention. But other than that I hate physical goods. They take space, get old, can be damaged. I prefer collecting stuff digitally. And once Japan decides to sell BD-quality releases digitally, I'll start buying my all-time-fav series on sales or full priced if prices are reasonable. I.E 26ep series being 20EU or so.

If I would be some sort of rich man with own house and own storage room where money wouldn't be an issue. Then sure. Could buy physically with all the other premium comfort things. Though even with physical copy I would probably just copy the contents to PC as I post-process anyways with media players.. to improve quality and comfort even forther. So moral of the story.. even if money wouldn't be issue.. I still would hate physical gathering.
DesolatePsycheJul 7, 2019 8:35 AM
Jul 7, 2019 11:23 AM

Sep 2017
Totally illegaly, there's way more choice, it's easier to use and, of course, it's free.
Jul 7, 2019 11:32 AM

May 2019
I used to watch it legally until I finished all the ones on Netflix then I started watching them illegally lololololololol šŸ˜¤
Jul 7, 2019 11:39 AM

May 2019
Both. I have CR, Funimation, and Hulu. I almost always check those three places first before I go and try finding it illegally. So, for the most part, I watch legally, but if I can't find something, I go elsewhere.
Jul 7, 2019 11:40 AM
Jul 2018
JFuji said:
Both.

I got Crunchyroll subscrption cuz I like the organization of the website and app. So I watch all the shows that interest me on there if Crunchyroll have it. However, if they don't have it then I just watch it some random website. And I don't feel bad or give a fuck either. There is no way I would pay an additional fee on amazon just to watch Re:Creators. Fuck that.

Pretty much the same. Props to who ever has enough money to sub to everthing cause that sure as hell isn't me.
Jul 7, 2019 11:45 AM

Oct 2016
This thread is positively glowing.

Jul 8, 2019 3:44 PM

May 2016
Both. If I have access to the legal version I will always choose that.
Jul 8, 2019 3:46 PM

Dec 2015
have been watching on crunchyroll for sometime now, i couldn't really care for supporting this and that.. it was just more convenient.
TIME TO END PARTITION WITH A BANG. I AM ONCE AGAIN ASKING FOR YOUR FINACIAL SUPPROT https://www.sinnfeinbookshop.com/jewellery-1/
Jul 8, 2019 3:49 PM

May 2018
WARNING! WARNING!

Be careful what you say everyone, don't say anything indicting - you never no if there will be a way (for the Powers that be) to trace you back to your computer/internet source!

Never confess to doing anything illegal :D
Jul 8, 2019 4:15 PM
Jun 2017
Well remember before Steam was created that pirating games was common.
Now if they want to stop pirating they should do something similar.
I mean you have all of those shitty subscriptions that are worse than illegal websites in terms of quality.
So if a unified platform like Steam (but for anime) was created, a platform without shitty region blocks and with good quality then maybe people would consider buying animes legally.
Do you know why Steam was successful against pirating?? Because it was convenient and available everywhere and it also had great sales occasionally, which helped people with less money buy more games.
So yeah don't come suggesting crunchy roll, VRV, funanimation, etc... because those services aren't even available in my country... Not everyone lives in the USA.
Jul 9, 2019 8:42 AM

Jan 2014
For the most part i use the easy and best option that is horriblesubs_Nyaa_torrent.mkv
Jul 9, 2019 10:06 AM
Jul 2018
poronite said:
I mean you have all of those shitty subscriptions that are worse than illegal websites in terms of quality.

Quality? No. Quantity? Sure.

There is a single good pirate streaming site left (that I won't advertise, because if it blows up in popularity it's fucked). The rest are absolute dog shit. And you know it.

I honestly suggest torrents, because while I have no problem supporting criminal scumbags, I do have a big problem supporting mediocrity and just poor overall service.
Guess my priorities are in all the wrong places.
Jul 9, 2019 10:18 AM
May 2016
illegal

But it’s getting harder thanks to the censorship of the government blocking websites

Thank god for VirtualShield
Jul 9, 2019 3:57 PM

Oct 2008
I watch illegally, have been, am currently and will continue to. Even if I wasn't broke, I would still watch anime illegally, reason is because I already pay for Internet, so anything connected to it, I should have access to free of charge.
Jul 9, 2019 4:01 PM

Jul 2015
anyone who thinks crunchyrolll's horrible business practices support the industry is delusional
Jul 10, 2019 5:09 AM

Nov 2016
Illegally for the first time, and if I really love it I'll ask my parents to get it for me as a gift when we can afford it. Soon though, I'll get a job so I can buy anime/manga more frequently.
currently: doing my best!

Jul 10, 2019 6:35 AM

Jun 2009
Depends. Its a mix of legal and illegal.

May 22, 2023 5:48 PM

Feb 2021
oyabuntaro said:
anyone who thinks crunchyrolll's horrible business practices support the industry is delusional
You know they don't support the industry when they invest in shitty anime like Shield Hero...
May 23, 2023 5:16 AM
Dec 2021
i watch anime illegally, pirate sites. always.
May 23, 2023 7:47 AM
Apr 2021
Illegal I will never pay to watch anime
May 23, 2023 8:13 AM

Jan 2021
A mix, if I can get it legally then I always choose that but some manga and LNs I want to read don't have English releases and only fan translations.
Sometimes it takes a real man to be best girl. Gilgamesh is also chad.

[/center]
May 23, 2023 12:26 PM

Sep 2007
Pretty much illegally, but there are times that are legal like an anime movie of interest coming to select theaters for a limited time.
May 23, 2023 1:56 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
There is nothing illegal about anime, there are other crimes that goes unnoticed like indirect murder or words or actions that force someone into committing suicide

May 23, 2023 4:03 PM

Feb 2017
A mix of both. I pay for streaming sites like crunchyroll, Hidive, Amazon Video and Netflix. I buy the full manga series' I like to support, like Hell's Paradise and CSM, but I'll usually read them on pirated manga sites first.

Some older or more obscure series you can't get anymore unless you stream on pirate sites like 9anime or buy the DVD which isn't gonna happen for me. Josei is particularly neglected.
May 23, 2023 4:34 PM

Sep 2010
Technically legal because there is no law in my country against it.
May 23, 2023 4:48 PM

Jul 2014
Considering no one has the license to localize 99% of the anime I'm interested in, in my country, I don't think you can call it illegal that I'm not watching my anime through sites like CR, Netflix and the like. But technically yes, I do acquire my anime in ways that do not actively support the industry monetarily, because I have no way to.
I do buy manga often though, and when I can I do buy physical releases and merch.
"Most anime makers are basically autistic" - Hideaki Anno
May 23, 2023 5:22 PM

Feb 2015
A mixture of everything, although I watch most of the anime on Crunchyroll and a few on Netflix, the rest of the anime that is not licensed by Crunchyroll I download illegally
May 23, 2023 5:35 PM
Aug 2022
I'm too lazy to pirate things, and I hate watching shit on my computer, so if there needs to be a streaming app on my stupid ass PlayStation. If it isn't on Crunchyroll, the one streamer I can be bothered to pay for, I'm probably just not going to watch. 

Baccano, and Serial Experiment Lain sound great, can't be bothered.

I really like Summertime Rendering's manga, but the anime is trapped behind the Disney paywall, that ain't happening.

Oshi no Ko is only on Hidive and they don't have a streaming app on PlayStation, no way I'm sitting at my desk for eleven episodes.
May 23, 2023 5:59 PM
Apr 2022
plagiarising work in university is against the rules but people do it anyways. But if you plagiarise work in university, you are really not hurting anyone. Pirating anime is illegal and a criminal offense but people do it anyways. But if you pirate anime, you fund illegal sites to undercut legal ones. The problem with legal options is now you need crunchyroll, hidive, disney+, and netflix. That is 4 streaming services. I am lucky my dad pays for netflix, brother for disney+. Also crunchyroll lags much worse than the competitors and a lot of illegal sites are filled with malware and buffering making the experience unusable

as for buying discs, even american versions which are considerably cheaper than japanese, it is still very very expensive. They come out absurdly late by the time by the time you have it arriaved at your house, you streamed it anyways. Feel discs are for the hard to stream shows like the older gundam ones.
May 23, 2023 7:16 PM

Jul 2012
Legally for the most part through Crunchyroll 'n Netflix. But I may set sail for the ones that are region locked.

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.

May 23, 2023 7:33 PM

May 2023
It depends. When my streaming media has it - I watched it there since the quality is a lot better than some illegal sites.

However majority are being watched illegally since I dont have much choice anyway since its not available here anyway.

I just buy its action figure or the manga if I can find it.

May 24, 2023 5:06 AM

Jul 2015
I sail through the high seas to become the king of pirates. Mostly due to the lack of anime services in my country. I buy what i like if it exists nearby if not then it is what it is.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

76 by Kenzolo-folk »»
1 minute ago

» Do you fantasize about anime while you sleep?

Alpha_1_Zero - 11 hours ago

27 by MichaelJackson »»
11 minutes ago

» Did you know that anime is amazing?

KryzakamiHrybami - Yesterday

21 by L0bsterman »»
40 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

117 by Kdog1998 »»
43 minutes ago

» Post the Last Anime Items you bought ( 1 2 )

SpeedyAlchemist - Mar 10

69 by MasterTasuke »»
1 hour ago
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.