Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 12, 2017 6:01 AM

Jul 2017
THE only interesting for me is the last 5 minutes where Sasuke appeared and another villain from Otsutsuki clan from the movie . It seems Toneri mention "Jougan" . Could it be the dojutsu name that Boruto given by her ? Looks like the next ep seems to be more filler...UGHHH
Jul 12, 2017 6:06 AM

Nov 2011
I don't know what you guys expect, this is the same studio that make half of Naruto fillers. If we think of the manga as canon then everything we have seen was filler since it took place before the Chunin Exam while the manga continue after the movie.

They are probably gonna adapt the movie in the anime too like what Dragonball Super did.

Since they are not gonna let Naruto dies, they'll just take their sweet time.

Jul 12, 2017 6:08 AM
Jan 2014
We're so close to the Gaiden adaptation! Can't wait to eat this popcorn and watch the salt between all the OTPs pour all over again!

Seeing Momoshiki and Kinshiki has me worried that after Gaiden, the anime will pull off a Dragon Ball Super and readapt the movie tho.
Jul 12, 2017 6:21 AM
Feb 2017
Is anyone here forgetting about something? Yeah, Naruto manga epilogue aka chapter 700 anime adaptation. I still hope that the chapter will be adapted into Boruto anime whether it's on episode 16 or 17 cause the timeline of the chapter happened before Sarada gaiden...
Jul 12, 2017 6:29 AM

Jul 2016
Oh no, don't tell me we really are getting a movie recap arc!?

C'mon Studio Pierrot, you're better than that. Don't make the same dumbass mistakes Toei made.
Apr 2016
Nah tha last minute of the episode it was so great, and the ending theme they used the naruto gaiden story(spoiler)

Sep 2010
Might Guy pose returns!!!
Jul 12, 2017 6:36 AM

Oct 2013
hiddenhokage said:
Titadou said:
Ah, I thought we were back at the real start of Boruto with this ending! but next episode is a backstory about Denki and Iwabe... xD

The synopses for the episodes have been leaked and it seems like Sarada Gaiden will start with episode 19, meaning we still have about a month of waiting to do before that. So technically you could say the next three episode will be more or less "filler".

19 ? Nice! one month left!
But that's long when we think about it... one month
Jul 12, 2017 6:44 AM
Nov 2010
so after this arc we will get Naruto gaiden arc after that chapter 700 of Naruto after that we will entering Boruto movie arc
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 12, 2017 6:46 AM

May 2014
oh so the Naruto and pierrot haters transferred to here after Naruto ended? Guess you can't get rid of trolls.

I literally LOVED how they handled this episode.. All the character interactions, Ino-shika-Cho chibi mode, the little fight scenes, the little details about Naruto not really knowing what Boruto did, and Hinata calling Himawari to help Boruto talk to Naruto, DAT SHINO DEVELOPMENT.
The last 5 minutes just solidified how solid this is, I got emotional with the Sumiere scene, and the forshadowing and NarutoxSasuke scenes were pure HYPE.
I am so satisfied with this first arc of the anime, bumping the score to 9 for now.
Hopefully the writers who did this stay with the anime, the amount of little foreshadowing here and there is awesome, and not to mention how they're tying all the Boruto scattered pieces of the manga movie and other manga together nicely (Not to mention forshadowing all of them in an "original" arc".

Z4k said:
RisuSaya said:
Literally nothing happened in this episode... And as I see 100% boredom is waiting for us next week again. I can't wait to move on to the Uchiha arc. The new ending is soo good *-*

>Sumire subplot gets resolved and some implications of Shino possibly adopting her.
>The class had a team exercise where students had to form new three-man teams to test their compatibility.
>Gozu tenno connected to the Otsutsuki clan and one of Kaguya's hidden jutsu.
>Learn what Sasuke's been up to.
>Boruto's special dojutsu is called Jougan according to Toneri
>Momoshiki and Kinshiki conversation foreshadowing that there's a whole lot more of those guys.

Yeah literally nothing of importance whatsoever happened.

Also this.

Jul 12, 2017 6:47 AM

Sep 2013
3/5- A decent amount of action scenes. Sumire gets to stay at the academy. Sasuke returns for a moment while the Otsutsuki clan begin their preparations.

I thought it was nice that Sumire was allowed to go back to the academy. Though I would have done that differently. Unless the series plans on using Sumire more often in the upcoming arc, I'd prefer to keep her away longer than 3 weeks. That way her return will be genuinely more memorable and out of no where. If she's not gonna be used at all, I'd be annoyed that they missed this opportunity, especially since the next arc seems to be Naruto Gaiden.

The new ED song is really growing on me and the video that goes along with it is great. It told a pretty good story and it looks pretty good. Though next week looks like it will be a filler episode, seeing the ED just makes me happier they are getting closer to the Gaiden part. That arc is what made me a fan of Sarada.

Jul 12, 2017 6:48 AM
Apr 2011
Nice episode. Foreshadowing the interdimensional visitors from Kaguya's clan.
4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42

http://putridcheese.deviantart.com
http://www.booksie.com/tosh/
http://stoptazmo.com/
Jul 12, 2017 7:06 AM
Apr 2017
Nice episode... Though, the pace was a bit slow... I love watching the students practice...and can't wait for the next episode "threat of failing"... but, the more exciting parts are coming! Those regarding Kaguya's clan...😀
Jul 12, 2017 7:31 AM

Oct 2015
I thought this episode was going to be completely slice of life, since we have just finished an arc, and we got some nice foreshadowing. I'm looking forward to the next arc.
Jul 12, 2017 7:54 AM

Jun 2015
Nice episode. Sumire is back to the academy. It's nice to see Sasuke again. The last couple minutes were foreshadowing Momoshiki and Kinshiki.
Jul 12, 2017 8:20 AM

Nov 2016
A great episode with an emotional moment :.........))) , Sumire came back to the Academy and everyone welcomed her with open arms and the moment where she looked at Boruto that was sooooo emotional for meee because Boruto's smile reminded me of Naruto :.............)) , It's a great thing that she came back I'm really happy about it and Naruto didn't let her down as he said <3 <3 <3 , And finally an appearance of Sasuke i mean like IT'S ABOUT TIME FFS <3 <3 <3 and with his best friend to add on that <3 <3 ... Anyways , A great episode i really liked and enjoyed it and for the new arc , Well let's just wait for it it's like after 5 episodes and those 5 episodes are going to be kinda average .. It's like the calm before the storm Soo yea I'm so damn hyped for the new arc my heart can't take it anymore xDD , And HOPEFULLY HOPEFULLY HOPEFULLY Ima be ready for more ( HOPEFULLY ) , Looking Forward !!!!
Jul 12, 2017 8:37 AM

Mar 2016
Finally this dam arc ended... 3.5 good episodes in 15 in my opinion!
I heard they will adap "The Seventh Hokage and the Scarlet Spring" which I hope it's good... After all, it's not an original arc and we all know that Perriot is terrible creating filler arcs!
Jul 12, 2017 9:17 AM

Jun 2014
Well it's not really surprising that Sumire ended up staying. Also, what Shikadai did to Metal during their training was fucked up but kind of hilarious lol.

The last 5 minutes was definitely the best part of the episode though. Seeing Naruto and Sasuke interact briefly was nice, and the foreshadowing at the end was pretty cool. I also liked the changes they made to the ED.

Lelouch0202 said:
ED heavily hints at a Gaiden adaptation but the PV seems to show some kind of fillerish episode.

If I'm not mistaken Naruto Gaiden will start on August 9. So yeah we should have a few more fillerish episodes.

hiddenhokage said:
And even the ending to this episode was amazing! To those not aware, this ending was actually foreshadowing/showing some events of the upcoming adaptation of the Sarada Gaiden, and the symbolism was on point! I will say though that it's kind of dumb to have a spoilery ending like that, but I guess that's Studio Pierrot for you.

I wouldn't necessarily call the ED changes spoilery. It's only spoilery if you know what to look for but i feel like anyone who hasn't read the source material won't understand the significance of the imagery used, and probably won't be able to piece everything together.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 12, 2017 9:52 AM

Jul 2008
superdutchman said:
Is anyone here forgetting about something? Yeah, Naruto manga epilogue aka chapter 700 anime adaptation. I still hope that the chapter will be adapted into Boruto anime whether it's on episode 16 or 17 cause the timeline of the chapter happened before Sarada gaiden...

michlayer said:
so after this arc we will get Naruto gaiden arc after that chapter 700 of Naruto after that we will entering Boruto movie arc

Officially confirmed that ch700 takes place several years before episode 1. Yeah, they did a slight retcon in the way that the kids weren't at the academy back then.
It could be animated as a flashback, but I doubt it. ch700 has absolutely nothing worth animating. It's entire purpose was to show who ended up with whom and who are the kids, both of which have been handled already.
Jul 12, 2017 10:46 AM

Sep 2013
Clan of of space-time dimensional rabbits like kaguya XD
Sumire is back.
Jul 12, 2017 11:01 AM

Feb 2012
Very nice wrap up to the previous arc, glad it all worked out well for Sumire and she's back with her classmates.

The new ending is awesome, but sooo full of spoilers, the ending alone pretty much tells the whole Sarada gaiden story.

Nice of them as well to be building up the movie recap, but the fighting in the movie was so good I'll just be disappointed when they animate it in an episodic form with really bad animation probably.

Since we got a while before Sarada gaiden debuts, I've heard that they plan to adapt Naruto's Hokage inauguration one shot chapter as well. This will probably be told in a flashback manner in total of 1 episode.

So much stuff to look forward to next, we're set for a while with Boruto's story with no new content.
Jul 12, 2017 11:25 AM

Jun 2009
Wrap-up episode. Not surprised that it was slow. I must say that it is satisfying to gloat at all those people celebrating Sumire's imminent transferal at the end of last episode. Not sure why the girl gets so much hate; generic background, sure, but who doesn't in Naruto/Boruto? :P
Jul 12, 2017 11:30 AM

Apr 2014
rioplats said:
Not sure why the girl gets so much hate; generic background, sure, but who doesn't in Naruto/Boruto? :P

Believe it or not, it's because most of the people see her as a threat to their Boruto x Sarada ship.
Jul 12, 2017 11:31 AM

Feb 2015
Z4k said:
rioplats said:
Not sure why the girl gets so much hate; generic background, sure, but who doesn't in Naruto/Boruto? :P

Believe it or not, it's because most of the people see her as a threat to their Boruto x Sarada ship.

Pretty much :P That would be dream come true. I want to see Boruto × Sarada × Mitsuki team get good.
Jul 12, 2017 11:35 AM

Jun 2009
Z4k said:

Already? Jeez. I guess these BoruSara shippers have been going at it since the Boruto movie, so I'm not surprised, but still that's a bit sad. Like NaruSaku all over again. But I do see the point about uniting the Indra and Ashura bloodlines.
Jul 12, 2017 11:56 AM

Jan 2008
Holy snaps that ending. The new visuals for Sarada's story. Even showed off her sharingan a little.

Love it. Despite it basically showing everything that'll happen, still hope they adapt it and not just giving us that. She needs more screentime.
Jul 12, 2017 12:01 PM

Feb 2015
Paul said:
Holy snaps that ending. The new visuals for Sarada's story. Even showed off her sharingan a little.

Love it. Despite it basically showing everything that'll happen, still hope they adapt it and not just giving us that. She needs more screentime.

She will get a lot of screen time, but maybe just later in the show, so other characters get their development when power difference isn't that great.
Jul 12, 2017 1:09 PM

Jan 2014
Ayyy new best girl Sumire is back~ Also god damn we got a lot of foreshadowing this episode. Nice to see the man Sasuke back tho. Lit.

And god damn the complete version of that ending is fucking amazing holy shit.

Jul 12, 2017 1:27 PM

Mar 2016
It was a laid back episode since the last one had a big battle ...

But, why all the thinking back to the event, it was last episode
Anyone else still Boruto is going to have some type of metal Kenkai Genkai since there a literal nut and screw of his name... is there a reason for it ... maybe it's just to say this story is "future"

What Was that ending tho ... I'm scared
Also fuck Sasuke
UrbanJahtsJul 12, 2017 1:57 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 12, 2017 1:31 PM

Jun 2013
nice episode next ep feels like a filler
Jul 12, 2017 2:17 PM
May 2015
they zoomed into the flowers at bottom of her hair why did anyone else catch that? it was like there growing out of her
Jul 12, 2017 2:38 PM

Jan 2017
Ok. Ok. There's so much to say about this episode, I mean...
So many cliffhangers (like two, but yeeah)
Sasuke and Naruto scene YAYAH...
*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*゚▽゚*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*
And sasuke jumps off! What the...
Those kaguya clan guys though; they're from the movie, right.
(So the movies aren't all canon, huh)
(ーー;)
Really. They let off Sumire 'cause no one was hurt. (`_´)ゞ
What about the like four guys who had their chakra sucked out... I doubt they're coming back
(^_^;)
But what was with the action music during the team test 😱

Those credits are misleading, it makes it look like Sarada is the child of Sasuke and Karin
Here's some anime logic (or probably just Boruto Japanese language logic)
Boruto = Bolt
So...
Sarada = Salad
Salad- (definition, ehh not so much) an assortment of vegetables combined together and served as a single dish

So Salad because she is the test tube child of Sasuke, Sakura, and Karin (thus a salad)
☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

wait. Was that shisui's toothless smile at the end of the credits
tidoesstuffJul 13, 2017 2:55 PM
Jul 12, 2017 5:24 PM

Aug 2015
Well that was quite the boring episode. At least the last part was pretty cool.
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Jul 12, 2017 6:01 PM

Jan 2013
Wow, new ED animation even though last episode's ED was good enough.
Setting up the plot for Boruto The Movie.
Jul 12, 2017 6:19 PM

Sep 2015
Yay Class Rep is back ;-; Maybe she will develop feelings for Boruto?

Stay strong my ship (SumireXBoruto)
Jul 12, 2017 6:24 PM
Jun 2015
Well, I for once had some interest in this show, so maybe things will start turning for the better.
Jul 12, 2017 7:30 PM

May 2009
The latter part of the episode is what I like in this episode. :D I hope the next episode would not only focus on the SOL part of the kids :/

“I despise common sense.
I’ve seen the world from every possible angle.
This cruel, ridiculous, beautiful world.”

- Lacie Baskerville

||||
Jul 12, 2017 9:44 PM
Jun 2015
Nice ending! I really liked it!
Jul 12, 2017 10:36 PM
May 2017
Nice chill episode.
Jul 13, 2017 1:21 AM
Jul 2016
it is only me who loves dat gothic girl ? anybody knows who is she?
Jul 13, 2017 4:39 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Its nice to see the village is back to a sense of normalcy after the ghost incidents though. Im glad that in the end Sumire was stopped by Boruto by reminding her how much her friends cared for her. Naruto is right in that children don't get to choose their parents but they can choose their friends. Lol Mitsuki is always going to be with Boruto eh. Hmm seeing the newest incarnation of the famous leaf village trio though sure brings back memories. Hmm Iruka fits well as the head of the academy though. Shino is pretty determined to see Sumire back eh. Boruto is pretty determined to bring Sumire back to the academy and her friends then eh. I think that surprised his parents as well. Its nice once in a while to have dinner with the family though. Seeing Naruto and his family have a normal family dinner was nice. So Sumire wants to take responsibility for her actions after seeing the truth eh. Its nice that she is though and also that Shino has forgiven her as well. Shino's advice to Sumire was pretty heartfelt though.

Hmm a repeat of the session that destroyed the school in the first place eh. Hmm the class sure has a lot of interesting students but the girl with the bunny has to stand out the most. Hmm the new trio is working pretty well actually. Still the mock battle session was pretty well done. Good to see everyone use teamwork here though. As always their victory results in the destruction of the area that they were using lol. Sumire was really brave to come back to face her friends and not decide to leave. But im glad that she decided to come back though. Hmm the reveal of Sasuke was pretty interesting. Meanwhile we get to see who the main villain will be it seems. So the new enemy is an entire clan it seems. So it looks like the next arc will be centered on Sarada and her family.

Jul 13, 2017 5:51 AM

Aug 2014
Deep inside my heart, I really hoped for Sumire to keep her hair down...
But her staying is all I need. Wise decision, writers.
Jul 13, 2017 7:35 AM

Dec 2014
thebrentinator24 said:

Lelouch0202 said:
ED heavily hints at a Gaiden adaptation but the PV seems to show some kind of fillerish episode.

If I'm not mistaken Naruto Gaiden will start on August 9. So yeah we should have a few more fillerish episodes.

Oh, I wasn't aware of that. Thanks man. :)
Jul 13, 2017 7:41 AM
May 2012
yay more hawawa <3
also, nice new ED!
Jul 13, 2017 8:38 AM

Dec 2015
If they're seriously planning on adapting the movie, then I'm dropping this shit.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jul 13, 2017 8:45 AM

Apr 2014
joe_g7 said:
If they're seriously planning on adapting the movie, then I'm dropping this shit.

The director already stated they will and in addition they'll expand the battles in the chunin exam so you should go ahead and save yourself from all the trouble.
Jul 13, 2017 8:47 AM

Dec 2015
Z4k said:
joe_g7 said:

The director already stated they will and in addition they'll expand the battles in the chunin exam so you should go ahead and save yourself from all the trouble.
Okay then, thanks.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jul 13, 2017 9:48 AM
Jul 2011
all of this time i was thinking that the goth girl and sumire were the same person o.o
robertocabralJul 13, 2017 9:52 AM
Jul 13, 2017 11:24 AM

Jun 2009
joe_g7 said:
Z4k said:

Okay then, thanks.

You could just put it on hold, and skip the movie events. It's a while off anyway, if they're adapting Gaiden. I presume you stuck with all of Naruto, so it'd be a bit of a shame for this to be the straw that breaks the camel's back xD
Jul 13, 2017 2:48 PM
May 2017
This episode was a good breather after the drama of the last episode.

The Ending WAS BEUTIFUL! I hope this isn't the last time we see it because the visuals were awesome and really got me into Sarada's head space and back story.

I hope this isn't the end of Sumire character arc because sadly it takes a lot more then a hug and forgiveness to erase someone's guilt. This show has the perfect opportunity to change its status quo and I hope it takes the chance.

Sasuke and Sumire NEED to have a conversation. They both did similarly awful things and tried to alienate their friends. However the way they dealt with those actions were very different. Sasuke left the village on a path for redemption (I think?) choosing to isolate himself from all those he had wronged. While Sumire decided to do the opposite and actually confronted and chose to live with the people she betrayed. Arguably the harder of two choices.
If this show can shatter Sasuke's lone warrior façade it might just make me say "Boruto is surprisingly good".

The next arc appears to be a retelling of Boruto's movie. I know writing original stuff is hard but please let this arc deviate from the source. This is one of the few times where deviating from the source material might actually be a good thing.

So far this show still has a lot of potential but no guarantee that it will use it.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 168 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2020

28 by Tony2Phones »»
Yesterday, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 173 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2020

26 by bottleblonde »»
Apr 18, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 156 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2020

42 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 17, 4:17 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 112 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2019

33 by YouTsuki_nbm »»
Apr 9, 6:32 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 65 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

42 by Rayquazatempest »»
Apr 9, 1:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.