Forum Settings
Forums

How do you keep track of H-manga and doujinshi?

New
Jul 11, 2017 2:44 PM
Jul 2017
So MAL contains mostly non-H material in its database, and it works brilliantly for that, no doubt.

However, there are a lot of H-manga and doujinshi that aren't in MAL's database, so you're unable to track them (add them to your list, rate them, etc).

What I normally do is I just bookmark the H-manga/doujinshi on the site that I read them on (I use Tsumino), but I always have the fear in the back of my head that the site will get shut down someday, and all my bookmarks would disappear with it.

So essentially, I'm looking for a more permanent solution to keep track of all the H-manga and doujinshi I've read. Because H-manga and doujinshi are generally shorter than regular manga, you tend to go through more of them quicker, and their numbers start to add up, and I just feel the need to keep track of them all.

Anyone got any suggestions?
ericfaoJul 11, 2017 9:15 PM
Jul 11, 2017 4:49 PM

Aug 2014
I feel your pain. I make a blog post on MAL to log all the h-doujinshi that I've read that aren't here. Sometimes if I feel the title is really popular and has received a tankoubon I'll search it up months later and it'll have been added to the database. A lot of it won't, though.

You could also just make a microsoft excel document and list em all w/ ratings, captions, etc.
Jul 11, 2017 7:06 PM

Feb 2014
manga updates doesn't use MAL's rules so they have a lot more (example: webcomic and many series doujin). i normally log my stuff there.

Jul 11, 2017 9:50 PM
Jul 2017
Erokirin said:
I feel your pain. I make a blog post on MAL to log all the h-doujinshi that I've read that aren't here. Sometimes if I feel the title is really popular and has received a tankoubon I'll search it up months later and it'll have been added to the database. A lot of it won't, though.

You could also just make a microsoft excel document and list em all w/ ratings, captions, etc.

The excel option seems to be the one I'm leaning towards. It does sound a bit tedious though, since I can read through H-manga and doujinshi rather quickly, so I'll have to constantly update it.

chinesecartoonz said:
manga updates doesn't use MAL's rules so they have a lot more (example: webcomic and many series doujin). i normally log my stuff there.

I did take a look there, and they do have a lot of the big H-manga authors in its database. However, they don't always list all of their works, so I don't know how to reconcile that.
Jul 12, 2017 3:22 AM

Jun 2008
You take your future into your own hands and actually add these titles to the database. I've probably added over a hundred at this point.
Jul 15, 2017 7:24 AM

Jun 2012
I've already given up on counting it when my 4 kilobytes notepad list were encrypted ad infinitum.

More topics from this board

» 8 Manga to Get to Know You

spaceslut - Mar 12, 2023

36 by Dotanuki »»
2 hours ago

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

376 by HapHazrD »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Manga or Light Novels: Which do you prefer?

Digibutter64 - Jan 1, 2020

29 by Jutrio »»
10 hours ago

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Manga/Character' Thread v3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 19, 2022

1053 by Alexioos95 »»
10 hours ago

» How many chapters do you read a month?

Rissio - Apr 4

22 by Jutrio »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.