Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jul 25, 2017 12:58 PM

Aug 2009
I read the first two volumes of APo and while not as good as FSN it had all of those you are talking about.

Now the anime is another thing that everyone shits on for good reasons.Designs isnt one.

>And then dissapointed fans get replaced by ones that're more interested in butts than plot, which encourages the authors to produce more of this to satisfy the target audience and push away more true fans turning into a steady downward spiral.

How about you get off your high horse?

Jul 25, 2017 1:07 PM

Feb 2010

"little girls" >_> ya sure....
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Jul 25, 2017 1:19 PM
Jul 2018
A man is walking on the sidewalk and sees a turd in front of him. Instead of avoiding the turd, he steps on it over and over. He then starts ranting about how smelly the turd is. You are that man.
Jul 25, 2017 5:44 PM

Apr 2014
Neizaru said:
I am going to say that MAL is a anime forum and anime is the least relevant medium

This is a thread about anime(apocrypha), and we're talking about anime on an anime forum, are we not? Design philosphy that got most adoration's apparent so my argument stands. And even if it's that hated/badly written and STILL stands so high, then even more so. Because it cut off romances, moe and other unnecessary crap.

Also comparing a GAME to an ANIME and say one's inferior? Significantly different medium, how to even measure that? Especially since the game mostly does what I've mentioned making comparison even more muddled. Game territory is a different issue altogether with too many moving parts and it's practically impossible to measure... anything really.

but money is the most important part of society

Money and quality have a distinct correlation: more money goes with lower quality, because mass market goes with the lowest common denominator. And I'll take quality over quantity every day of the week. But if casual approach is what you want I've got nothing more to say.

it is quite obvious that Gen had failed.

Bethoveen died poor, it is quite obvious he's failure. Yeah, that's not how it works.

You seem to be a Gen fanboy, so I am going to stop, I will just state the obvious that Gen is no Beethoven. You seem to be under the delusion that pretentiousness isn't a low denominator, in which case you seriously don't understand how the market work. I can guarantee the 8 out of 10 who claims FZ is mature, also considers Madoka a masterpiece of deconstruction, or Rezero to be deconstruction of power fantasy, when they are just popcorn material with a dash of edge.

I am not only analyzing anime, but the entire Japanese ACG business landscape, cause anime is a really limited medium that cannot host true insight into how a market works, at most it is a glorified commercial.

Like I said Gen is a okay popcorn material artist nothing more, he merely changed one low denominator with another one (Sayu no Uta always showed that Gen is a shock factor writer nothing more). Truly good artists already jumped ship into Live-action or original animation movies or literature. If you want true quality good show, you should not watch anime but read a book or a live-action.
"You had no free will, you chased your vices along the same path as all of the others." - Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, Diamond in the rough
Jul 25, 2017 6:03 PM
Jul 25, 2017 6:53 PM

Apr 2015
The thread was about "Why i think all characters are little servants even though there's only one portrayed as a little girl"
to
"I'm superior than you because either i have a girlfriend and I don't watch an anime who has a little girl. also Fate became fanservice so is crap regardless the VN is an erogue but that's not the point"

Most of people here all 1001% hypocrites trying to add full of moral or intelligence, shitting on an anime because it doesn't go with their standards or is not created by Urobuchi or some shit like that, ironically claiming that using little girls as characters is bait for pedophiles while loving Madoka Magica or Saya no Uta.

People here are not even taking objectivity nor subjectivity, just "I think I'm better than you because of X"

I'm 100% sure now that anime is a fucking mistake and is destroying people like most of the time politics and religion does.

I'm done reading these brainless forums :/
Jul 25, 2017 7:12 PM
Apr 2016
Veromaye said:
The thread was about "Why i think all characters are little servants even though there's only one portrayed as a little girl"
to
"I'm superior than you because either i have a girlfriend and I don't watch an anime who has a little girl. also Fate became fanservice so is crap regardless the VN is an erogue but that's not the point"

Most of people here all 1001% hypocrites trying to add full of moral or intelligence, shitting on an anime because it doesn't go with their standards or is not created by Urobuchi or some shit like that, ironically claiming that using little girls as characters is bait for pedophiles while loving Madoka Magica or Saya no Uta.

People here are not even taking objectivity nor subjectivity, just "I think I'm better than you because of X"

I'm 100% sure now that anime is a fucking mistake and is destroying people like most of the time politics and religion does.

I'm done reading these brainless forums :/

*Applause* now go spread the truth outside. Best wishes.
Re:formed
Jul 25, 2017 7:35 PM

Feb 2010
did the OP watch illya primsa by mistake?
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Jul 26, 2017 1:43 AM
Apr 2016
I hope FBI send its regards to you if you ever dare to come to US, "Jack the S...Ripper" apologetics.
Re:formed
Jul 26, 2017 2:25 AM

Aug 2009
Daniel_Naumov said:
I hope FBI send its regards to you if you ever dare to come to US, "Jack the S...Ripper" apologetics.

You do know that the US allows beauty pageants for little girls far younger than Jack right?

Oh eait you are here just to shit .
Jul 26, 2017 3:00 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
There are numerous problems with the servants as is, such as there being way too many of them but not enough development or reason to cheer for any of them as of yet, and having Mordred as the main (?) servant feels like an obvious cash-in as the next best thing to the cash cow that is Arturia

The age of said characters however is certainly not one of those problems. I mean really, who the fuck cares. It's literally just a number
Jul 26, 2017 3:09 AM

Aug 2009
HaXXspetten said:
There are numerous problems with the servants as is, such as there being way too many of them but not enough development or reason to cheer for any of them as of yet, and having Mordred as the main (?) servant feels like an obvious cash-in as the next best thing to the cash cow that is Arturia

The age of said characters however is certainly not one of those problems. I mean really, who the fuck cares. It's literally just a number
Mordred isnt the main Servant, at least for volumes 1-2 and I am pretty sure that remains true for volumes 3-5.
Jul 26, 2017 7:33 PM

Apr 2014
ssjokg said:
HaXXspetten said:

Mordred isnt the main Servant, at least for volumes 1-2 and I am pretty sure that remains true for volumes 3-5.

Well, you could kind of say she is a main servant, she does have screentime and a complete arc all the way to the last vol. One of the saving grace of FA** and kind of the only reason that Higashide didn't get spit on even harder until Jing Ke's short story.

Sad that we couldn't remove Sieg and Jeanne, Mordred and Shishio could have carried the show. But hind sight is 20/20.
"You had no free will, you chased your vices along the same path as all of the others." - Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, Diamond in the rough
Jul 26, 2017 8:51 PM

Aug 2009
ap1001 said:
ssjokg said:

Well, you could kind of say she is a main servant, she does have screentime and a complete arc all the way to the last vol. One of the saving grace of FA** and kind of the only reason that Higashide didn't get spit on even harder until Jing Ke's short story.

Sad that we couldn't remove Sieg and Jeanne, Mordred and Shishio could have carried the show. But hind sight is 20/20.
having an arc doesnt make her a main Servant as awesome as it would be.
Jul 26, 2017 9:21 PM

Jun 2017
@ssjokg Incredibly, the main Servant is Asltofo

Jul 27, 2017 4:27 AM

May 2010
Comic_Sans said:
TrueUchiha said:
.......you gotta be trolling me, 15 servants, 9 are dudes, 5 are girls that are fully grown and only 1 is a loli, and that makes the show's primary demographic lolicons?

are you retarded? this show isn't eromanga, the primary demographic is people who like action scenes and pointless dialogue, not lolicons. now, if you were talking about the illya spinoff, then you'd have a point, but this isn't that, so just no.
Are you retarded? You asked if featuring one loli in a show makes your target audience lolicons, not if it makes it your primary target audience. The loli was obviously not created to appeal to people who aren't lolicons.

welp, late since I don't check MAL that often but...

having 1 loli in the show doesn't make the shows target audience lolicons.... English isn't that hard, what you MEAN to say is that "the only reason they have a loli in the show is for lolicons", which I guess is fine, but you're still wrong....I guess a show can never have young female characters in it or the creators are automatically pandering to lolicons /s

also, if you just read any of the comments here about her backstory, you'd understand why she is portrayed as a young character....can't even complain about clothing since no one in this series ever wears practical combat clothing other than like, saber and gilgamesh (and now mordred)
Jul 27, 2017 5:27 AM

Mar 2014
TrueUchiha said:
welp, late since I don't check MAL that often but...

having 1 loli in the show doesn't make the shows target audience lolicons.... English isn't that hard, what you MEAN to say is that "the only reason they have a loli in the show is for lolicons", which I guess is fine, but you're still wrong....I guess a show can never have young female characters in it or the creators are automatically pandering to lolicons /s

also, if you just read any of the comments here about her backstory, you'd understand why she is portrayed as a young character....can't even complain about clothing since no one in this series ever wears practical combat clothing other than like, saber and gilgamesh (and now mordred)
Your "correction" doesn't change anything of what I said, it's just a different way of wording it. Again, your question wasn't "Does featuring one loli in the show make your only target audience lolicons?", it was "Does featuring one loli in the show make your target audience lolicons?". The first statement is an exclusive claim, the second one isn't.

What are you even on about? I said featuring lolis in your show makes one of your target audiences lolicons, not that featuring young girls does. Not all young female anime characters are lolis.

Did said backstory appear out of thin air? Of course not, it was created by one or multiple people. The creators made a conscious choice when they decided to make her a loli and give her that particular backstory, just like they would have made a conscious choice had they decided not to.
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jul 28, 2017 5:45 AM

Mar 2017
Well, FSN started as a Hentai VN, so...
Jul 29, 2017 1:18 AM

Mar 2010
i know . the lolis characters gives you some annoyance right. hahah.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 29, 2017 4:08 AM
Apr 2015
Makes you wonder how well a fate work would sell if they decided to make all the servants male with thick muscles.
Jul 29, 2017 4:09 AM

Aug 2014
frenze12 said:
Makes you wonder how well a fate work would sell if they decided to make all the servants male with thick muscles.
quite well with the fujoshis, no doubt, judging off grand order sales for manservice
Jul 29, 2017 7:44 AM

Aug 2009
frenze12 said:
Right now with have more male Servants than female in Fate/Grand ORder a mobage about "waifus". So as Insertnamehere said, quite well.
Jul 29, 2017 7:51 AM

Sep 2016
that green guy looks like kevin graham
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Aug 10, 2017 6:07 AM

Mar 2010
Ketamigo said:
Daniel_Naumov said:
]
I mean, yes, you are right, we should not even be that smoking for the sole reason that this is not something original, but rather an abomination of taking fundamental basics of the series and sewing them together in something resembling Fate/ only by those basics, no coherence. Obviously they just want to make money off the guys who cherish "source material" (those deviant-ish adolescents, oh), but since this made it to the masses I would like it to be decent but oh boy I know that this is going nowhere :(:(:(:(:(:(
I guess I will shut myself since we both understand this is a disgust. Some can enjoy it, I guess I will try too.

I'll try to enjoy it, too, but dear god, when will we actually get to enjoy the mainline story to its completion?!

These kids will probably bring themselves to "completion" by watching Loli's on Fate/Kaleid everynight, but I have a girlfriend, and I'm not a fucking Pedo like these degenerates .

You speak of whats in my mind , friend
and lol i didnt even bother to know anything about that kalied thing but its title and saw its poster. haha

It would be good to see the sequel to unlimited blade works route(that route is probably the best out of the three possible route)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 10, 2017 6:22 AM
Oct 2016
Jack the Ripper really should have been true his original character. I do not mind the rest being females that much.
grotesque_figureAug 10, 2017 6:29 AM
Aug 10, 2017 6:30 AM

Sep 2011
grotesque_figure said:
Jack the Ripper really should have been true his original character. I do not mind the rest being females.

You're not fine with Jack the Ripper being a loli but fine with Astolfo being a trap?

Astolfo being a trap is the worst thing I've ever seen in Fate universe. I just can't believe that they have to become so low that they're now relying on traps.

Aug 11, 2017 2:11 AM
Oct 2016
Tennouji said:
grotesque_figure said:
Jack the Ripper really should have been true his original character. I do not mind the rest being females.

You're not fine with Jack the Ripper being a loli but fine with Astolfo being a trap?

Astolfo being a trap is the worst thing I've ever seen in Fate universe. I just can't believe that they have to become so low that they're now relying on traps.

My comment did not address Astolfo because his gender was unchanged. Though, traps in general are only bad if they reveal them at the end just to mess with everyone. Fate/Apocrypha did not intend for that and revealed it near the start.
Aug 11, 2017 5:12 PM
Aug 2016
Man...everyone loves Traps, especially the Otakus.
I don't see what the problem with a Loli, and I don't watch Fate/Kaleid just because of them, but, where's the problem? Just remember: Anime World is not the Real World. Get it? Just because a guy like Lolis, he's not a Pedophile.
Aug 11, 2017 7:39 PM

Apr 2012
grotesque_figure said:
Jack the Ripper really should have been true his original character. I do not mind the rest being females that much.

"His"? If anything, Jack being female is the least genderbending one, because the entire point of the serial killer's fame is that they were never caught and we don't know for sure it's a man or woman. Furthermore, it was the attitude of the era to default to males when it comes to killers. Around the same time period Lizzie Borden hacked her parents to death with an axe, and was still acquitted because it was just too unthinkable for a girl to do such a brutal thing.

Sure the most likely suspects are male, but especially by modern day motives for a female aren't too farfetched at all (such as crazy vengeful wife killing prostitutes her husband slept with). And since this is a fantasy series there are supernatural aspects at work too.
Aug 11, 2017 8:22 PM
Feb 2017
I love the fate series. And I like te fact that Aprocypha is diffrent and exciting. I like that it's diverse.
Aug 12, 2017 2:23 AM
Sep 2016
Veromaye said:
I'm freaking laughing so hard about these two retarded. Complaining about one "loli" character being in a fucking "non canon" fate serie, but there's Illya in the main series, who is the enormous example of "adult" loli yet i bet they don't even complain about that because "ahh everyone else look adult so what" "she's an homonculu so she can look like that" xddddd. Let's forget that the others homonculus looked older xdd. "Ohhhhhhhh noooo a non older looking character jesus christ how disgusting this series is for degenerates" HAHAHAHAHA
The best part is the GF part, like what the fuck does that has to do with watching an anime who has an under aged looking character. And how the fuck having an underaged looking character destroys the main plot of the entire anime?

Btw can you even judge someone of being degenerate while you have Boku dake as a favorite? While that anime shows a 28yr old guy liking a 10 year old and getting blushed by listening a little girl and his mom in the shower? Jesus XDDDD

I was trolling pretty hard with the girlfriend and "degenerate" bit, but since you like the kailed spinoffs and this piece of shit non-cannon series, in assuming your fully retarded. Also, if you read Erased, you'd know that it's one of the most well written and interesting stories to come out of the manga/anime world in years, but it was probably too slow paced for someone who doesn't even have the attention span to type properly.

Comparing boku to that kailed pedo pandering trash is also retarded, especially when you take a minor scene so far out of context that it sounds like it's out of some fan service light novel.
Aug 12, 2017 2:27 AM
Sep 2016
Deyvid-senpai said:
Man...everyone loves Traps, especially the Otakus.
I don't see what the problem with a Loli, and I don't watch Fate/Kaleid just because of them, but, where's the problem? Just remember: Anime World is not the Real World. Get it? Just because a guy like Lolis, he's not a Pedophile.

lolis aren't inherently bad, for instance The Saga of Tanya the evil starred a young prepubescent girl. The thing that makes an anime objectively bad is when it's sole purpose is to pander to 20-35 year old basement dwellers that have framed posters of sexualized 9 year olds plastered all over their walls.

Also, the writing sucks. See? Objectively terrible. As another poster said, there is no point in having this conversation with the very people that have devolved anime from an intellectual high art into a j-pop and loli infested wasteland that no one can take seriously.
Aug 12, 2017 2:30 AM
Sep 2016
Sebastian333 said:
Ketamigo said:

I'll try to enjoy it, too, but dear god, when will we actually get to enjoy the mainline story to its completion?!

These kids will probably bring themselves to "completion" by watching Loli's on Fate/Kaleid everynight, but I have a girlfriend, and I'm not a fucking Pedo like these degenerates .

and lol i didnt even bother to know anything about that kalied thing but its title and saw its poster. haha

It would be good to see the sequel to unlimited blade works route(that route is probably the best out of the three possible route)

Eventually we'll get something as good as Zero to finally end out the original routes series. Until then we might as well leave this shit to these brain dead Autists to jerk to.
Aug 12, 2017 4:24 AM

Aug 2009
Ketamigo said:
Sebastian333 said:

Eventually we'll get something as good as Zero to finally end out the original routes series. Until then we might as well leave this shit to these brain dead Autists to jerk to.

Break Blade has a 12 year old with the body of a 20 year old just because

But it's the loli with barely no screen time in Fate/ that's pandering.

Tfw Artoria(and Mordred) has the body of a 14 year old but it is Jack, the 12-13 year old, that is pandering.

Fuck off people who think that they can actually talk about objectivity.

A series full of dudes and adult women is bad because there is a loli character with no screen time. Seriously. Fuck. Off.

Btw Apocrypha is canon you autistic moron.

Aug 12, 2017 8:04 AM

Apr 2015
Ketamigo said:

I was trolling pretty hard with the girlfriend and "degenerate" bit, but since you like the kailed spinoffs and this piece of shit non-cannon series, in assuming your fully retarded. Also, if you read Erased, you'd know that it's one of the most well written and interesting stories to come out of the manga/anime world in years, but it was probably too slow paced for someone who doesn't even have the attention span to type properly.

Comparing boku to that kailed pedo pandering trash is also retarded, especially when you take a minor scene so far out of context that it sounds like it's out of some fan service light novel.

did I ever said I liked Kaleid? I haven't even started to watch it. I don't even know where you assume that kind of stupid crap just to feel you're right.

And I'm currently watching Apo just because it's a "proper" fate series with the grail war. Mostly enjoying because some characters personality and some good episodes of flashbacks like ep 6.
I do not consider good, great, or decent the design of assassin of black. I actually think it's gross, but that's a very insignificant point to criticize ( especially coming from type-moon material ).

I've seen people complaining about absolutely IRRELEVANT AND IMBECILE stuffs that don't even affect or barely do damage to the writing.

Why don't we complain about stuffs like Karna and Siegfried telling their names to each other? Or the sound effects? Or the poor level of animation considering the studio that animates it?

Nah, let's complain about a minor character that design doesn't affect the writing or flow of the plot xDXDXDXD.

Nah, complain that a "male" historic character is made into a girl. Because somehow that affects a lot the plot or the bios if it's well adapted like they did with Arthur.

""Noo, Jesus Christ that's disgusting fanservice!!!!!""

"Trolling" yeah sure that's the usual retarded excuse to justify a stupid opinion without any strong base.

Again, sadly your brain assuming things shows how stupid and immature you are.

I did liked Boku dake, ( excluding the piece of shit anime adaptation ) and justifying a pedo scene where a freaking grown up gets BLUSHED by thoughts of his MOM and a 10 YEAR OLD SHOWER because of the good writing of a series describes your degenerate level. I'm not saying you're a pedo or whatsoever but you can't just justify a clear scene of a pedo time and then complain about a loli in another series, doesn't matter how worse it's the case.

Also we are talking about FATE, where the fanservice has existed since their first release.

Why don't you complain about Illya looking like a 10 year old being naked in some parts of the anime/VN? and being made pseudo incest meat for Shirou? Oh just because she's 18+?

Fate/Apocrypha is not bad because some stupid murder loli, or genderbend characters.

It's bad because it has a mediocre writing and has not made a good introduction of ALL the cast. Drowning scenes with +10 characters. Bad sound effects, bad animation scenes considering the studio, 5 episodes to take the main route of the serie.

People saying "Ahhh this is shit because ZERO was better" just show how stupid the FATE fanbase is ( at least the secondary ).

VeromayeAug 12, 2017 1:24 PM
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» A Guide to Fate/Apocrypha

OneBetta - Mar 14

2 by OneBetta »»
Mar 14, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2017

97 by TheBiggestAm »»
Mar 9, 7:31 PM

» Who is your favorite character from Apocrypha?

Omarumba - Feb 25

28 by Manthors »»
Mar 1, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2017

278 by PirateHasan »»
Jan 5, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

86 by PirateHasan »»
Dec 28, 2023 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.