Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Post New Reply
Jul 20, 11:17 AM

Veromaye said:
Daniel_Naumov said:
Excuse me, 5 are fully grown "girls"? Fully grown girl is a WOMAN, and the only woman I have seen was that stupid alchemist female that bailed out of the game with the rest of team Red. Frankenstein is under 18 (just like half the masters on black side), Jack the Ripper is a mistake, the Greek girl is a "god" so I might skip on that. Mordred is a 15-16 old girl, but this is fine with me since she has JUST SOME BASIS IN THE HISTORY and being an illegitimate child of the king she is mentally unstable. Accepted. The Simmerlyios elf warlock serving the priest IS THE ONLY ONE THAT LOOKS LIKE A WOMAN ON THE SERVANT SIDE.
Or not.

I don't even know why you're complaining about age. Age is totally irrelevant for the plot itself. Frankestein age is not even relevant or needed to work, it was an EXPERIMENT with LOTS of human body parts. Astolfo was portrait as young ( he's not a girl tho ), Fiore ( the one in wheelchair ) is 19 years old, Celenike is 26 so idk wth are you talking about. Reika ( the one with Jack ) is also 23. The only ones looking under aged are Jack the ripper and Mordred ( She looks like 16-18 ), and again age is relevant on servants because ?????. Oh and clearly you know sh*t about why Jack the ripper has that image. But then again I bet you complain about this because there's not enough tiddies bouncing. Because obviously adds quality to the plot.

It is funny because the majority of male heroes accomplished their shit during their teen years, some even earlier, so they can easily be summoned as little boys(and we see that later) but god forbid they do that for a woman.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jul 24, 6:54 AM

ssjokg said:

It is funny because the majority of male heroes accomplished their shit during their teen years, some even earlier, so they can easily be summoned as little boys(and we see that later) but god forbid they do that for a woman.

The thing that I don't get is why people like OP even talk to the retarded fanbase of the fate spinoffs, since they're part of the cancer that makes up the anime community who are watching for the exact reason that OP dislikes Apocrypha for.
There is no point trying to talk about concepts like sense or purpose with people whose mind goes into autopilot mode when no buzzwords are mentioned within each sentence.

Don't let it bother you if you should happen to read this, ssjokg, that I've been talking about you, among others, indirectly in the 3rd person, as these were all statements referring to people like you. The message is actually directed at OP and similar ppl like him, who are able to read and interpret human language. Yet still are naive enough to not understand that not everyone who watches anime is a cool person. A majority of em are just made up of very obnoxious teen-girls and even more stubborn and obnoxious manchildren.

Jul 24, 9:52 AM

I dont see anything weird in this series tho xD
i dont know if i already used to this kind of stuff or it's naturally doesn't weird or feels off to me. When i remember the scenes again, i agree that they put a little to much fanservice tho xD I was into the story which why i didnt even care about it at all xD

Well, it can't be helped. That's one of the main reason why it always sells well. If they really have no other choice to put that kind of scene in a serious series, then i guess it would be better if they showed it in a way that the watcher won't be focusing their attention into the fanservice. basically changed the angle of the shots. the camera angle i mean. so it would look like that it doesn't mean to show the "boobs" or the "ass"

because i agree. serious story doesn't fit well with fanservice imo. especially rider from red side. if he is a boy then why he wears a skirt ? doesn't make any sense. which is the conclusion that they want to make a trap xD fuck the industry. fuck the author. put that aside, i still want to follow up the story. im curious.

Jul 24, 11:43 PM

ssjokg said:
The bias tho.

Somehow it is fine to have King Arthur as a teenage girl but if another series does it to another character it is instantly the worst thing ever.

EDIT: Just realized that there are 4 pages of this thread but my post should still be somewhat relevant, I would think.

Fate stay night was mostly a fight of men. What I mean by that is, even though it was an eroge, the focus of Fate stay night was not the cuteness of the girls. Fanservice and moe played a minor role, but for the most part, Fate stay night was about idealism, a fight of philosophy, and hell, even the term GAR stemmed from it because Archer was so fucking macho and badass. Fate stay night was an intense thriller with hardly any cute fanservice.

Let's think of it this way: out of 7 servants, 4 of them were male (and adult men, to boot). Add in Gilgamesh, and we had 5 male servants against 3 female servants, and 1 of those female servants wore a hood and the other covered her eyes (AND they were both adult women!), so the only servant that could be seen as "cute" was Saber; yet, Saber's armor was very modest and (fairly) practical, covering all of her body. Fate/stay night was mature. The only moe character in stay night was Illya, and she was fucking psychotic. See where I'm getting at? Saber being a woman wasn't an issue, because of the mature way in which her and the other characters were presented. All of the servants were adults (excluding Saber) and the only one that had fanservicey clothes was Rider, and it made sense for her character. Add in the fact that Rider was a sexy woman instead of a slutty loli and that also makes her fanservice far more bearable and less immoral.

What I'm saying is, Fate began as a mature, dark series that had very little fanservice and moe. That all went down the shitter with Hollow Ataraxia. The most popular Fates are FSN and Fate/Zero for a reason: they are mature and aren't a moe shitfest. This is why people complain about every Fate other than stay night and Zero. It isn't hypocritical in the least to point out that Fate has become less mature.
Modified by HikariJake, Jul 24, 11:58 PM
@HikariJake (Twitter)
"I can think of no better way to make one completely disinterested in a show than saying Tumblr likes it."

Jul 25, 12:49 AM

So now with 15+ Servants, from them 6 are girls with 3 of them having the body of a teenager, one of a mature woman and one kid and one a trap .Almost all of them have appearence they have because of their role.

Jack isnt even appearing yet and her appearence is like that for a reason, Mordred is a clone of Artoria, Semiramis is a queen, fran is based on the desing of the Bride of Frankenstein.Honestly only Atalanta looks like a teen and has cat ears for no real reason.

Back to fsn what reason did Rider have to wear those clothes?Her character has nothing to do with those both in Fate lore and her mythos.Why did we need any of the scenes that have Saber naked?

But lets forget all of the above.Since when did the design is a reason to call something less mature?

The Servants here have their own goals like in fsn and there ARE some ideals to be challenged.

And dont kid your self.Fsn and zero are the most popular because only those had anime adaptations.
Modified by ssjokg, Jul 25, 2:54 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jul 25, 4:52 AM

It's not just the character designs, entire focus of the franchise shifted from the heroic spirits to worthless pandering. Large chunk of Astolfo's screentime is this girly grinning and various mannerisms, and a scattering of time actually goes into the ideologies and internal struggles. The whole point of these entities summoned to the world lies in enacting their system of beliefs, the perspective of omnipotent wish bringing out their own flaws and regrets. Even the hidden identity wasn't just a strategical prudence, but a way for the viewer of discovering the character (pun unintended) before the reveal of which historical/fictional figure they represent.

Instead we get this fetish fuel nonsense and any actual characterization is tacked on in two or three lines, like it's an extra to the flashy things. They don't even bother to hide their origns, just "Hey there, I'm this guy please check the wiki to see any of my potential weaknesses, nice to meet you!".

Fate franchise didn't become popular because it had naked Saber. There are tons of better ergoes that never made the cut. The real reason was the intensive struggle where every character gave their all for the goal, all placed inside a fascinating take on classic fantasy. But now we've moved so far away from that it's little surprise people are complaining. There's nothing to get invested in other than setting, and after the inital infodumps even that is being pushed into the background.

Only Mordred team buys my interest now and that's because there's enough exchanges between the duo that the stupid "spoiled teeneger" demeanor can't overshadow it enough. Fanservice is always detrimental (or at best of no impact) to the show, but with these proportion it's poisoning the franchise. And then dissapointed fans get replaced by ones that're more interested in butts than plot, which encourages the authors to produce more of this to satisfy the target audience and push away more true fans turning into a steady downward spiral.
Modified by Neizaru, Jul 25, 5:23 AM
"You cannot make plans against he who makes no sense"
Sun-Tzu (sort of)

Jul 25, 5:49 AM

Neizaru said:
It's not just the character designs, entire focus of the franchise shifted from the heroic spirits to worthless pandering. Large chunk of Astolfo's screentime is this girly grinning and various mannerisms, and a scattering of time actually goes into the ideologies and internal struggles. The whole point of these entities summoned to the world lies in enacting their system of beliefs, the perspective of omnipotent wish bringing out their own flaws and regrets. Even the hidden identity wasn't just a strategical prudence, but a way for the viewer of discovering the character (pun unintended) before the reveal of which historical/fictional figure they represent.

Instead we get this fetish fuel nonsense and any actual characterization is tacked on in two or three lines, like it's an extra to the flashy things. They don't even bother to hide their origns, just "Hey there, I'm this guy please check the wiki to see any of my potential weaknesses, nice to meet you!".

Fate franchise didn't become popular because it had naked Saber. There are tons of better ergoes that never made the cut. The real reason was the intensive struggle where every character gave their all for the goal, all placed inside a fascinating take on classic fantasy. But now we've moved so far away from that it's little surprise people are complaining. There's nothing to get invested in other than setting, and after the inital infodumps even that is being pushed into the background.

Only Mordred team buys my interest now and that's because there's enough exchanges between the duo that the stupid "spoiled teeneger" demeanor can't overshadow it enough. Fanservice is always detrimental (or at best of no impact) to the show, but with these proportion it's poisoning the franchise. And then dissapointed fans get replaced by ones that're more interested in butts than plot, which encourages the authors to produce more of this to satisfy the target audience and push away more true fans turning into a steady downward spiral.

No, pretty sure Nasu got popular because of his romance stories/shounen. Granted FA** still messed up on both ends, but let's not delude ourselves into thinking that the original was some deep thoughtful master piece, the fact that Takeushi got Nasu to write arturia instead of arthur from F/P already meant that he didn't really care that much.

The balance between male and female cast ratio in TM is still 1:1, so it is fine, it could be worse. Not that TM actually cares, cause as they are concerned, true fans are the ones who would go out of their ways to flame their twitter when the fantastic five f**k up. Western fans who have no financial impact or know how to flame the fantastic five is considered non-existent.
"You had no free will, you chased your vices along the same path as all of the others." - Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, Diamond in the rough

Jul 25, 6:07 AM

ap1001 said:
No, pretty sure Nasu got popular because of his romance stories/shounen

So how do you explain Fate/Zero then? Romance in nasu is pretty crappy and it's not like there's a shortage of empowerment/erotic fantasy in japanimation. I find it hard to believe that be reason for this much popularity.

The good things in nasu are probably accidental stroke of creativity on author side, but still. Monkeys and Type(moon)writers situation that resulted in something noteworthy.
Modified by Neizaru, Jul 25, 6:13 AM
Sun-Tzu (sort of)

Jul 25, 7:21 AM

Neizaru said:
ap1001 said:
No, pretty sure Nasu got popular because of his romance stories/shounen

So how do you explain Fate/Zero then? Romance in nasu is pretty crappy and it's not like there's a shortage of empowerment/erotic fantasy in japanimation. I find it hard to believe that be reason for this much popularity.

The good things in nasu are probably accidental stroke of creativity on author side, but still. Monkeys and Type(moon)writers situation that resulted in something noteworthy.

First of all FZ is written by Gen, who is not part of Nasu's minion lineup, secondly FZ is only kind of popular in the west, and most of it is because UFO did a good job animating it and it appears "deep". In the fan base where TM actually care about, FZ had a lot of really questionable writing decisions and moronic actions did by the "mature" adults, Gen wanted to appear deep, but when he actually awakened the hardcore thinkers, they quickly realized his writing was bullshit.

It got so bad that Nasu had to actually move his ass to write GoA just to make sure that Gen don't get flamed like Sakurai and Higashide for plot convenience and OOC.

If there is one group that Gen did do a good job on, it was Waver and Isklander, but even Higashide performs adequate once in a while, so it doesn't mean that FZ isn't a mediocre work.

To put it into perspective, FZ is adequate popcorn material, but the moment you try to seriously talk about so called "morals and ideals" of FZ. You would get laughed out the door in eastern forums, cause FZ is paper thin in terms of depth. Some call it "Greek tragedy", it is only tragic, if you call doing something stupid and getting beat up tragic.
Modified by ap1001, Jul 25, 7:31 AM
"You had no free will, you chased your vices along the same path as all of the others." - Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, Diamond in the rough

Jul 25, 7:47 AM

written by Gen, who is not part of Nasu

Irrelevant, it's the focus that he chose and fact it's generally regarded as better part of the Fate series, that proves what points of nasu are the strong ones. How much he succeded at depth and how much it's bs is very debatable, but the attempt went in that specific region (maturity, story, motivations, universe) and appreciation resulted.
No studio would take risk at a likely flop if they didn't have confidence this is what people want to see. And they picked plot, not ass. And it worked.

secondly FZ is only kind of popular in the west

If you're refering to sales that's not a fair argument, we all know what kind market that is. But it's best received with highest scores, even despite complaints of shallowness. And it got two cours despite diffculties, that seems quite popular to me.

It got so bad that Nasu had to actually move his ass

More likely they realized where the real money lies and gave up on all risks. That weird Illya series is just what every other studio does - playing it safe.
Modified by Neizaru, Jul 25, 8:02 AM
Sun-Tzu (sort of)

Jul 25, 8:20 AM

Neizaru said:
written by Gen, who is not part of Nasu

Irrelevant, it's the focus that he chose and fact it's generally regarded as better part of the Fate series, that proves what points of nasu are the strong ones. How much he succeded at depth and how much it's bs is very debatable, but the attempt went in that specific region (maturity, story, motivations, universe) and appreciation resulted.
No studio would take risk at a likely flop if they didn't have confidence this is what people want to see. And they picked plot, not ass. And it worked.

secondly FZ is only kind of popular in the west

If you're refering to sales that's not a fair argument, we all know what kind market that is. But it's best received with highest scores, even despite complaints of shallowness. And it got two cours despite diffculties, that seems quite popular to me.

It got so bad that Nasu had to actually move his ass

More likely they realized where the real money lies and gave up on all risks. That weird Illya series is just what every other studio does - playing it safe.

Going have to stop you there when the first part is wrong. It is NOT regarded as better part of fate series, much less the entire nasuverse. That honor is still FSN game, GoA and FGO chap 6.

And no I am not talking about sales, I am talking about the number of hate posts that are created in large TM forums. FZ's post is third behind Higashide and Sakurai, if you are talking about MAL score, I am going to say that MAL is a anime forum and anime is the least relevant medium for TM.

2 cours means jack shit, Higashide's FA** got 2 cours, and people are still pissing on him just like Gen. If we want to talk about main stream success, you don't get more mainstream than having Sony executives hosting talk panels on your contribution to their profit margin and getting your own booth at major game exhibitions.

As for money, you talk like it is a small thing, but money is the most important part of society. FZ did not make them enough money or fame or success, so it Gen got the boot (plus he wasn't a good team player). When FEX makes back more than FZ can ever hope for, it is quite obvious that Gen had failed.
Modified by ap1001, Jul 25, 8:26 AM

Jul 25, 9:29 AM

I am going to say that MAL is a anime forum and anime is the least relevant medium

This is a thread about anime(apocrypha), and we're talking about anime on an anime forum, are we not? Design philosphy that got most adoration's apparent so my argument stands. And even if it's that hated/badly written and STILL stands so high, then even more so. Because it cut off romances, moe and other unnecessary crap.

Also comparing a GAME to an ANIME and say one's inferior? Significantly different medium, how to even measure that? Especially since the game mostly does what I've mentioned making comparison even more muddled. Game territory is a different issue altogether with too many moving parts and it's practically impossible to measure... anything really.

but money is the most important part of society

Money and quality have a distinct correlation: more money goes with lower quality, because mass market goes with the lowest common denominator. And I'll take quality over quantity every day of the week. But if casual approach is what you want I've got nothing more to say.

it is quite obvious that Gen had failed.

Bethoveen died poor, it is quite obvious he's failure. Yeah, that's not how it works.
Modified by Neizaru, Jul 25, 11:31 AM
Sun-Tzu (sort of)

Jul 25, 12:36 PM

Why are all the servants little girls?

To answer your question, consider why so many fans enjoy seeing little girls in anime? Why do so many like these little girls to wear sluttly clothing? Why do so many fan service shots of naked kids get made, and why do fans love seeing them?

The answer to all of these - People are sick, and have a fetish for child-like features:
Wide eyes, short stature, slender bodies, innocence, child-like playfulness, discovery of sexual desire etc.

One of these fetishes on their own might not be too disturbing, but combine them together and you have your average lolicon.

Take it from a priest: this shit is messed up.

Jul 25, 12:58 PM

I read the first two volumes of APo and while not as good as FSN it had all of those you are talking about.

Now the anime is another thing that everyone shits on for good reasons.Designs isnt one.

>And then dissapointed fans get replaced by ones that're more interested in butts than plot, which encourages the authors to produce more of this to satisfy the target audience and push away more true fans turning into a steady downward spiral.

How about you get off your high horse?

Jul 25, 1:07 PM

"little girls" >_> ya sure....

"There are two people here in the world, those who soak up abuse, and then abuse others. And those who soak up abuse, and then try to stop others from being abused."

Jul 25, 1:19 PM

A man is walking on the sidewalk and sees a turd in front of him. Instead of avoiding the turd, he steps on it over and over. He then starts ranting about how smelly the turd is. You are that man.

Jul 25, 5:44 PM

Neizaru said:
I am going to say that MAL is a anime forum and anime is the least relevant medium

This is a thread about anime(apocrypha), and we're talking about anime on an anime forum, are we not? Design philosphy that got most adoration's apparent so my argument stands. And even if it's that hated/badly written and STILL stands so high, then even more so. Because it cut off romances, moe and other unnecessary crap.

Also comparing a GAME to an ANIME and say one's inferior? Significantly different medium, how to even measure that? Especially since the game mostly does what I've mentioned making comparison even more muddled. Game territory is a different issue altogether with too many moving parts and it's practically impossible to measure... anything really.

but money is the most important part of society

Money and quality have a distinct correlation: more money goes with lower quality, because mass market goes with the lowest common denominator. And I'll take quality over quantity every day of the week. But if casual approach is what you want I've got nothing more to say.

it is quite obvious that Gen had failed.

Bethoveen died poor, it is quite obvious he's failure. Yeah, that's not how it works.

You seem to be a Gen fanboy, so I am going to stop, I will just state the obvious that Gen is no Beethoven. You seem to be under the delusion that pretentiousness isn't a low denominator, in which case you seriously don't understand how the market work. I can guarantee the 8 out of 10 who claims FZ is mature, also considers Madoka a masterpiece of deconstruction, or Rezero to be deconstruction of power fantasy, when they are just popcorn material with a dash of edge.

I am not only analyzing anime, but the entire Japanese ACG business landscape, cause anime is a really limited medium that cannot host true insight into how a market works, at most it is a glorified commercial.

Like I said Gen is a okay popcorn material artist nothing more, he merely changed one low denominator with another one (Sayu no Uta always showed that Gen is a shock factor writer nothing more). Truly good artists already jumped ship into Live-action or original animation movies or literature. If you want true quality good show, you should not watch anime but read a book or a live-action.

Jul 25, 6:03 PM

Speaking of pretentiousness...

Jul 25, 6:53 PM

The thread was about "Why i think all characters are little servants even though there's only one portrayed as a little girl"
to
"I'm superior than you because either i have a girlfriend and I don't watch an anime who has a little girl. also Fate became fanservice so is crap regardless the VN is an erogue but that's not the point"

Most of people here all 1001% hypocrites trying to add full of moral or intelligence, shitting on an anime because it doesn't go with their standards or is not created by Urobuchi or some shit like that, ironically claiming that using little girls as characters is bait for pedophiles while loving Madoka Magica or Saya no Uta.

People here are not even taking objectivity nor subjectivity, just "I think I'm better than you because of X"

I'm 100% sure now that anime is a fucking mistake and is destroying people like most of the time politics and religion does.

I'm done reading these brainless forums :/

Jul 25, 7:12 PM
Veromaye said:
The thread was about "Why i think all characters are little servants even though there's only one portrayed as a little girl"
to
"I'm superior than you because either i have a girlfriend and I don't watch an anime who has a little girl. also Fate became fanservice so is crap regardless the VN is an erogue but that's not the point"

Most of people here all 1001% hypocrites trying to add full of moral or intelligence, shitting on an anime because it doesn't go with their standards or is not created by Urobuchi or some shit like that, ironically claiming that using little girls as characters is bait for pedophiles while loving Madoka Magica or Saya no Uta.

People here are not even taking objectivity nor subjectivity, just "I think I'm better than you because of X"

I'm 100% sure now that anime is a fucking mistake and is destroying people like most of the time politics and religion does.

I'm done reading these brainless forums :/

*Applause* now go spread the truth outside. Best wishes.

Jul 25, 7:35 PM

did the OP watch illya primsa by mistake?

"There are two people here in the world, those who soak up abuse, and then abuse others. And those who soak up abuse, and then try to stop others from being abused."

Jul 26, 1:01 AM

@ap1001 You missed the point completly again. That's not what I'm arguing at all. Not one of those things you wrote. Indeed you should stop now.

You seem to be a Gen fanboy

You seem to've ran out of arguments and started to look for some personal weaknesses on my profile lol. But if you did a thorough troll research you'd see I criticised Gen heavily. Not that it matters since completly besides the point just a fun fact.

But if you're not going to bother to understand what I'm writing then and go for personal attacks by all means stop here.
Sun-Tzu (sort of)

Jul 26, 1:43 AM
I hope FBI send its regards to you if you ever dare to come to US, "Jack the S...Ripper" apologetics.

Jul 26, 2:25 AM

Daniel_Naumov said:
I hope FBI send its regards to you if you ever dare to come to US, "Jack the S...Ripper" apologetics.

You do know that the US allows beauty pageants for little girls far younger than Jack right?

Oh eait you are here just to shit .

Jul 26, 3:00 AM

There are numerous problems with the servants as is, such as there being way too many of them but not enough development or reason to cheer for any of them as of yet, and having Mordred as the main (?) servant feels like an obvious cash-in as the next best thing to the cash cow that is Arturia

The age of said characters however is certainly not one of those problems. I mean really, who the fuck cares. It's literally just a number

Jul 26, 3:09 AM

HaXXspetten said:
There are numerous problems with the servants as is, such as there being way too many of them but not enough development or reason to cheer for any of them as of yet, and having Mordred as the main (?) servant feels like an obvious cash-in as the next best thing to the cash cow that is Arturia

The age of said characters however is certainly not one of those problems. I mean really, who the fuck cares. It's literally just a number
Mordred isnt the main Servant, at least for volumes 1-2 and I am pretty sure that remains true for volumes 3-5.

Jul 26, 7:33 PM

ssjokg said:
HaXXspetten said:

Mordred isnt the main Servant, at least for volumes 1-2 and I am pretty sure that remains true for volumes 3-5.

Well, you could kind of say she is a main servant, she does have screentime and a complete arc all the way to the last vol. One of the saving grace of FA** and kind of the only reason that Higashide didn't get spit on even harder until Jing Ke's short story.

Sad that we couldn't remove Sieg and Jeanne, Mordred and Shishio could have carried the show. But hind sight is 20/20.

Jul 26, 8:51 PM

ap1001 said:
ssjokg said:

Well, you could kind of say she is a main servant, she does have screentime and a complete arc all the way to the last vol. One of the saving grace of FA** and kind of the only reason that Higashide didn't get spit on even harder until Jing Ke's short story.

Sad that we couldn't remove Sieg and Jeanne, Mordred and Shishio could have carried the show. But hind sight is 20/20.
having an arc doesnt make her a main Servant as awesome as it would be.

Jul 26, 9:21 PM

@ssjokg Incredibly, the main Servant is Asltofo

Jul 27, 4:27 AM

Comic_Sans said:
TrueUchiha said:
.......you gotta be trolling me, 15 servants, 9 are dudes, 5 are girls that are fully grown and only 1 is a loli, and that makes the show's primary demographic lolicons?

are you retarded? this show isn't eromanga, the primary demographic is people who like action scenes and pointless dialogue, not lolicons. now, if you were talking about the illya spinoff, then you'd have a point, but this isn't that, so just no.
Are you retarded? You asked if featuring one loli in a show makes your target audience lolicons, not if it makes it your primary target audience. The loli was obviously not created to appeal to people who aren't lolicons.

welp, late since I don't check MAL that often but...

having 1 loli in the show doesn't make the shows target audience lolicons.... English isn't that hard, what you MEAN to say is that "the only reason they have a loli in the show is for lolicons", which I guess is fine, but you're still wrong....I guess a show can never have young female characters in it or the creators are automatically pandering to lolicons /s

also, if you just read any of the comments here about her backstory, you'd understand why she is portrayed as a young character....can't even complain about clothing since no one in this series ever wears practical combat clothing other than like, saber and gilgamesh (and now mordred)

Jul 27, 5:27 AM

TrueUchiha said:
welp, late since I don't check MAL that often but...

having 1 loli in the show doesn't make the shows target audience lolicons.... English isn't that hard, what you MEAN to say is that "the only reason they have a loli in the show is for lolicons", which I guess is fine, but you're still wrong....I guess a show can never have young female characters in it or the creators are automatically pandering to lolicons /s

also, if you just read any of the comments here about her backstory, you'd understand why she is portrayed as a young character....can't even complain about clothing since no one in this series ever wears practical combat clothing other than like, saber and gilgamesh (and now mordred)
Your "correction" doesn't change anything of what I said, it's just a different way of wording it. Again, your question wasn't "Does featuring one loli in the show make your only target audience lolicons?", it was "Does featuring one loli in the show make your target audience lolicons?". The first statement is an exclusive claim, the second one isn't.

What are you even on about? I said featuring lolis in your show makes one of your target audiences lolicons, not that featuring young girls does. Not all young female anime characters are lolis.

Did said backstory appear out of thin air? Of course not, it was created by one or multiple people. The creators made a conscious choice when they decided to make her a loli and give her that particular backstory, just like they would have made a conscious choice had they decided not to.
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Salman bin Abdul Aziz said:
@Comic_Sans I hate to insult you on forums but you are just a troll so just go kill yourself already bitch

Jul 28, 5:45 AM

Well, FSN started as a Hentai VN, so...

I fear nothing for God is with me.

Jul 29, 1:18 AM

i know . the lolis characters gives you some annoyance right. hahah.

Jul 29, 4:08 AM
Makes you wonder how well a fate work would sell if they decided to make all the servants male with thick muscles.

Jul 29, 4:09 AM
調和するもの

frenze12 said:
Makes you wonder how well a fate work would sell if they decided to make all the servants male with thick muscles.
quite well with the fujoshis, no doubt, judging off grand order sales for manservice

Jul 29, 7:44 AM

frenze12 said:
Right now with have more male Servants than female in Fate/Grand ORder a mobage about "waifus". So as Insertnamehere said, quite well.

Jul 29, 7:51 AM

that green guy looks like kevin graham
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)

Aug 10, 6:07 AM

Ketamigo said:
Daniel_Naumov said:
]
I mean, yes, you are right, we should not even be that smoking for the sole reason that this is not something original, but rather an abomination of taking fundamental basics of the series and sewing them together in something resembling Fate/ only by those basics, no coherence. Obviously they just want to make money off the guys who cherish "source material" (those deviant-ish adolescents, oh), but since this made it to the masses I would like it to be decent but oh boy I know that this is going nowhere :(:(:(:(:(:(
I guess I will shut myself since we both understand this is a disgust. Some can enjoy it, I guess I will try too.

I'll try to enjoy it, too, but dear god, when will we actually get to enjoy the mainline story to its completion?!

These kids will probably bring themselves to "completion" by watching Loli's on Fate/Kaleid everynight, but I have a girlfriend, and I'm not a fucking Pedo like these degenerates .

You speak of whats in my mind , friend
and lol i didnt even bother to know anything about that kalied thing but its title and saw its poster. haha

It would be good to see the sequel to unlimited blade works route(that route is probably the best out of the three possible route)

Aug 10, 6:22 AM
Jack the Ripper really should have been true his original character. I do not mind the rest being females that much.
Modified by grotesque_figure, Aug 10, 6:29 AM

Aug 10, 6:30 AM

grotesque_figure said:
Jack the Ripper really should have been true his original character. I do not mind the rest being females.

You're not fine with Jack the Ripper being a loli but fine with Astolfo being a trap?

Astolfo being a trap is the worst thing I've ever seen in Fate universe. I just can't believe that they have to become so low that they're now relying on traps.

Aug 11, 2:11 AM
Tennouji said:
grotesque_figure said:
Jack the Ripper really should have been true his original character. I do not mind the rest being females.

You're not fine with Jack the Ripper being a loli but fine with Astolfo being a trap?

Astolfo being a trap is the worst thing I've ever seen in Fate universe. I just can't believe that they have to become so low that they're now relying on traps.

My comment did not address Astolfo because his gender was unchanged. Though, traps in general are only bad if they reveal them at the end just to mess with everyone. Fate/Apocrypha did not intend for that and revealed it near the start.

Aug 11, 5:12 PM
Man...everyone loves Traps, especially the Otakus.
I don't see what the problem with a Loli, and I don't watch Fate/Kaleid just because of them, but, where's the problem? Just remember: Anime World is not the Real World. Get it? Just because a guy like Lolis, he's not a Pedophile.

Aug 11, 7:39 PM

grotesque_figure said:
Jack the Ripper really should have been true his original character. I do not mind the rest being females that much.

"His"? If anything, Jack being female is the least genderbending one, because the entire point of the serial killer's fame is that they were never caught and we don't know for sure it's a man or woman. Furthermore, it was the attitude of the era to default to males when it comes to killers. Around the same time period Lizzie Borden hacked her parents to death with an axe, and was still acquitted because it was just too unthinkable for a girl to do such a brutal thing.

Sure the most likely suspects are male, but especially by modern day motives for a female aren't too farfetched at all (such as crazy vengeful wife killing prostitutes her husband slept with). And since this is a fantasy series there are supernatural aspects at work too.

Aug 11, 8:22 PM
I love the fate series. And I like te fact that Aprocypha is diffrent and exciting. I like that it's diverse.

Aug 12, 2:23 AM
Veromaye said:
I'm freaking laughing so hard about these two retarded. Complaining about one "loli" character being in a fucking "non canon" fate serie, but there's Illya in the main series, who is the enormous example of "adult" loli yet i bet they don't even complain about that because "ahh everyone else look adult so what" "she's an homonculu so she can look like that" xddddd. Let's forget that the others homonculus looked older xdd. "Ohhhhhhhh noooo a non older looking character jesus christ how disgusting this series is for degenerates" HAHAHAHAHA
The best part is the GF part, like what the fuck does that has to do with watching an anime who has an under aged looking character. And how the fuck having an underaged looking character destroys the main plot of the entire anime?

Btw can you even judge someone of being degenerate while you have Boku dake as a favorite? While that anime shows a 28yr old guy liking a 10 year old and getting blushed by listening a little girl and his mom in the shower? Jesus XDDDD

I was trolling pretty hard with the girlfriend and "degenerate" bit, but since you like the kailed spinoffs and this piece of shit non-cannon series, in assuming your fully retarded. Also, if you read Erased, you'd know that it's one of the most well written and interesting stories to come out of the manga/anime world in years, but it was probably too slow paced for someone who doesn't even have the attention span to type properly.

Comparing boku to that kailed pedo pandering trash is also retarded, especially when you take a minor scene so far out of context that it sounds like it's out of some fan service light novel.

Aug 12, 2:27 AM
Deyvid-senpai said:
Man...everyone loves Traps, especially the Otakus.
I don't see what the problem with a Loli, and I don't watch Fate/Kaleid just because of them, but, where's the problem? Just remember: Anime World is not the Real World. Get it? Just because a guy like Lolis, he's not a Pedophile.

lolis aren't inherently bad, for instance The Saga of Tanya the evil starred a young prepubescent girl. The thing that makes an anime objectively bad is when it's sole purpose is to pander to 20-35 year old basement dwellers that have framed posters of sexualized 9 year olds plastered all over their walls.

Also, the writing sucks. See? Objectively terrible. As another poster said, there is no point in having this conversation with the very people that have devolved anime from an intellectual high art into a j-pop and loli infested wasteland that no one can take seriously.

Aug 12, 2:30 AM
Sebastian333 said:
Ketamigo said:

I'll try to enjoy it, too, but dear god, when will we actually get to enjoy the mainline story to its completion?!

These kids will probably bring themselves to "completion" by watching Loli's on Fate/Kaleid everynight, but I have a girlfriend, and I'm not a fucking Pedo like these degenerates .

and lol i didnt even bother to know anything about that kalied thing but its title and saw its poster. haha

It would be good to see the sequel to unlimited blade works route(that route is probably the best out of the three possible route)

Eventually we'll get something as good as Zero to finally end out the original routes series. Until then we might as well leave this shit to these brain dead Autists to jerk to.

Aug 12, 4:24 AM

Ketamigo said:
Sebastian333 said:

Eventually we'll get something as good as Zero to finally end out the original routes series. Until then we might as well leave this shit to these brain dead Autists to jerk to.

Break Blade has a 12 year old with the body of a 20 year old just because

But it's the loli with barely no screen time in Fate/ that's pandering.

Tfw Artoria(and Mordred) has the body of a 14 year old but it is Jack, the 12-13 year old, that is pandering.

Fuck off people who think that they can actually talk about objectivity.

A series full of dudes and adult women is bad because there is a loli character with no screen time. Seriously. Fuck. Off.

Btw Apocrypha is canon you autistic moron.

Aug 12, 8:04 AM

Ketamigo said:

I was trolling pretty hard with the girlfriend and "degenerate" bit, but since you like the kailed spinoffs and this piece of shit non-cannon series, in assuming your fully retarded. Also, if you read Erased, you'd know that it's one of the most well written and interesting stories to come out of the manga/anime world in years, but it was probably too slow paced for someone who doesn't even have the attention span to type properly.

Comparing boku to that kailed pedo pandering trash is also retarded, especially when you take a minor scene so far out of context that it sounds like it's out of some fan service light novel.

did I ever said I liked Kaleid? I haven't even started to watch it. I don't even know where you assume that kind of stupid crap just to feel you're right.

And I'm currently watching Apo just because it's a "proper" fate series with the grail war. Mostly enjoying because some characters personality and some good episodes of flashbacks like ep 6.
I do not consider good, great, or decent the design of assassin of black. I actually think it's gross, but that's a very insignificant point to criticize ( especially coming from type-moon material ).

I've seen people complaining about absolutely IRRELEVANT AND IMBECILE stuffs that don't even affect or barely do damage to the writing.

Why don't we complain about stuffs like Karna and Siegfried telling their names to each other? Or the sound effects? Or the poor level of animation considering the studio that animates it?

Nah, let's complain about a minor character that design doesn't affect the writing or flow of the plot xDXDXDXD.

Nah, complain that a "male" historic character is made into a girl. Because somehow that affects a lot the plot or the bios if it's well adapted like they did with Arthur.

""Noo, Jesus Christ that's disgusting fanservice!!!!!""

"Trolling" yeah sure that's the usual retarded excuse to justify a stupid opinion without any strong base.

Again, sadly your brain assuming things shows how stupid and immature you are.

I did liked Boku dake, ( excluding the piece of shit anime adaptation ) and justifying a pedo scene where a freaking grown up gets BLUSHED by thoughts of his MOM and a 10 YEAR OLD SHOWER because of the good writing of a series describes your degenerate level. I'm not saying you're a pedo or whatsoever but you can't just justify a clear scene of a pedo time and then complain about a loli in another series, doesn't matter how worse it's the case.

Also we are talking about FATE, where the fanservice has existed since their first release.

Why don't you complain about Illya looking like a 10 year old being naked in some parts of the anime/VN? and being made pseudo incest meat for Shirou? Oh just because she's 18+?

Fate/Apocrypha is not bad because some stupid murder loli, or genderbend characters.

It's bad because it has a mediocre writing and has not made a good introduction of ALL the cast. Drowning scenes with +10 characters. Bad sound effects, bad animation scenes considering the studio, 5 episodes to take the main route of the serie.

People saying "Ahhh this is shit because ZERO was better" just show how stupid the FATE fanbase is ( at least the secondary ).

Modified by Veromaye, Aug 12, 1:24 PM

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]