Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
#1
Jul 9, 12:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 700
This shit is fucking up my enjoyment of the show. I've watched Fate Zero and UBW and I know for damn sure this is simply an adaptation, but Why can't anime take itself seriously for once!!! The premise of two faction fighting each other using 7 servants on each side sounds epic as fuck! But why do they have to mess it up with boob/ass shots in each frame??? I seriously hate fanservice.....And not only that, but also fuckin Frankenstein, Jack the Ripper, the "son" of one of Charlamagne's paldins and the bastard "son" of King Arthur are all LITTLE FUCKIN LOLIS WHAT THE FUCKKK???? Anime is a joke.
 
#2
Jul 9, 12:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 93
I don't hate fanservice, it's more, if the fanservice it's good done it can became a really good anime and i can get to love that anime, such as Prision School or Shokugeki no Souma or others. But, yes, i agree whit you, That's one of the reasons that this show is not as good as the other Fate shows for me.

 
#3
Jul 9, 12:53 PM

Online
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 2487
But why do they have to mess it up with boob/ass shots in each frame???

And not only that, but also fuckin Frankenstein, Jack the Ripper, the "son" of one of Charlamagne's paldins and the bastard "son" of King Arthur are all LITTLE FUCKIN LOLIS


holy shit

it sounds like i'm really missing out :\

too bad i'm not a fatefag and have no experience with the series, this sounds awesome tbh
 
#4
Jul 9, 12:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 2336
And not only that, but also fuckin Frankenstein, Jack the Ripper, the "son" of one of Charlamagne's paldins and the bastard "son" of King Arthur are all LITTLE FUCKIN LOLIS WHAT THE FUCKKK???? Anime is a joke.


I don't think lolis look like that.


Also Astolfo is a boy :^)
 
#5
Jul 9, 12:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 42
If you weren't too blindsided you'd realize there's practically only one little girl. Watch the episode before you start bitching.
 
#6
Jul 9, 12:56 PM

Online
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 2487
Eru said:
And not only that, but also fuckin Frankenstein, Jack the Ripper, the "son" of one of Charlamagne's paldins and the bastard "son" of King Arthur are all LITTLE FUCKIN LOLIS WHAT THE FUCKKK???? Anime is a joke.


I don't think lolis look like that.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/EP0ATfY.jpg[img]

Also Astolfo is a boy :^)

well fuck

that is most definitely not a loli at all

OP lied to me
 
#7
Jul 9, 12:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 2336
Manaban said:
Eru said:


I don't think lolis look like that.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/EP0ATfY.jpg[img]

Also Astolfo is a boy :^)

well fuck

that is most definitely not a loli at all

OP lied to me

Here is a cute loli.
 
#8
Jul 9, 1:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 10
We all know Mordred is a girl from 2006 FSN, 11 years ago.
Fate apocrypha was published in 2012.
No idea why you complained about them right now

 
#9
Jul 9, 3:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 700
Eru said:
And not only that, but also fuckin Frankenstein, Jack the Ripper, the "son" of one of Charlamagne's paldins and the bastard "son" of King Arthur are all LITTLE FUCKIN LOLIS WHAT THE FUCKKK???? Anime is a joke.


I don't think lolis look like that.


Also Astolfo is a boy :^)


The point is that according to Arthurian Legends Mordred was an epic knight who fought Arthur not a little girl. And even though she is not technically a loli, there is still fanservice with her. Amd Astolfo being a boy makes it even worse, not only is a loli but a fuckin TRAP that looks like a loli
 
Jul 9, 3:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 2718
If something so minor bothers you then stop watching it.

you just look like tool OP
 
Jul 9, 3:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 996
Extreme3708 said:
Eru said:


I don't think lolis look like that.


Also Astolfo is a boy :^)

The point is that according to Arthurian Legends Mordred was an epic knight who fought Arthur not a little girl. And even though she is not technically a loli, there is still fanservice with her. Amd Astolfo being a boy makes it even worse, not only is a loli but a fuckin TRAP that looks like a loli

He is just a trap, not a loli though.
 
Jul 9, 3:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 3225
54% affinity wow this guy is right he has quite good taste
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
 
Jul 9, 3:48 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 275
Yo this happened in Fate/stay Night too, Saber (Arturia Pendragon) is genderbent and so are a lot of the servants (if I remember correctly), so I don't see the prob. Also half of the cast are male! And the fanservice isn't in our faces!
Go watch the first episode of Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid and come back, then you won't even notice the fanservice.
 
Jul 9, 4:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 285
Extreme3708 said:
This shit is fucking up my enjoyment of the show. I've watched Fate Zero and UBW and I know for damn sure this is simply an adaptation, but Why can't anime take itself seriously for once!!! The premise of two faction fighting each other using 7 servants on each side sounds epic as fuck! But why do they have to mess it up with boob/ass shots in each frame??? I seriously hate fanservice.....And not only that, but also fuckin Frankenstein, Jack the Ripper, the "son" of one of Charlamagne's paldins and the bastard "son" of King Arthur are all LITTLE FUCKIN LOLIS WHAT THE FUCKKK???? Anime is a joke.


Astolfo is not a girl. It's a boy. Jack the Ripper identity is unknown in history. Albeit it makes more sense for the person to be a male considering the victims were prostitutes. Mordred is female because Arthur (or Arthuria) is female in Fate/Stay Night.

Frankestein gender is not relevant, it's a zombie. The genderbending in the show so far isn't bad. It's worse with other Fate characters like
.
 
Jul 9, 5:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 269
Extreme3708 said:
This shit is fucking up my enjoyment of the show. I've watched Fate Zero and UBW and I know for damn sure this is simply an adaptation, but Why can't anime take itself seriously for once!!! The premise of two faction fighting each other using 7 servants on each side sounds epic as fuck! But why do they have to mess it up with boob/ass shots in each frame??? I seriously hate fanservice.....And not only that, but also fuckin Frankenstein, Jack the Ripper, the "son" of one of Charlamagne's paldins and the bastard "son" of King Arthur are all LITTLE FUCKIN LOLIS WHAT THE FUCKKK???? Anime is a joke.
It's true that Fate Zero as none/almost 0% of fan service, but UBW as it... LOL
If you think that this is fan service


What hell is this?

Besides, unlike UBW, Apocrypha knows how to do fan service with out looking like sex gifts...

As for Frankenstein, Jack "The Ripper" and Astolfo (he's a he), that's their original design LOL
None of them got fan service or any alteration! LOL
 
Jul 9, 5:33 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 517
Eru said:
And not only that, but also fuckin Frankenstein, Jack the Ripper, the "son" of one of Charlamagne's paldins and the bastard "son" of King Arthur are all LITTLE FUCKIN LOLIS WHAT THE FUCKKK???? Anime is a joke.


I don't think lolis look like that.


Also Astolfo is a boy :^)
Boys don't have tits like that if I remember.
 
Jul 9, 5:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 806
lord23 said:
Eru said:


I don't think lolis look like that.


Also Astolfo is a boy :^)
Boys don't have tits like that if I remember.

That's not Astolfo. Not even watching the series, but all that took was a small Google search.

Anyways, I skimmed through the first two episodes just for this thread, and I saw barely any fanservice. If anything, I was pleasantly surprised that the outfits were more original than what most series have to offer. I doubt anyone was really bothered by the shots besides you OP.
 
Jul 9, 5:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 5636
So basically fate apocrypha sounds like one of the best fate installments out there. Good to know.

Btw fate is shit and lolis are only saving it.
le_halfhand_easy said:
Xtronic said:
Honestly .. i've seen too much ecchi lovers on this site.
Really? A lot? Apparently @EcchiKingMamster is so fat he skews statistics.
 
Jul 9, 5:55 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 2
i have to say, the fan service is a bit ecchi tier. Its annoying but the fate series started as a hentai visual novel. They should have made some characters male like Frankenstein but the source material doesn't let them anyway.
 
Jul 9, 5:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 161
[quote=Eru message=51453412]
Manaban said:
Eru said:


I don't think lolis look like that.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/EP0ATfY.jpg[img]

Also Astolfo is a boy :^)

well fuck

that is most definitely not a loli at all

OP lied to me
i thought Astolfo is a girl, it's a trap?! no way!
and about lolis, lolis save the world, lolis secured the future, and lolis save anime world.
Modified by Vonatra, Jul 9, 6:09 PM
 
Jul 9, 6:08 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 2
they might have gender bent him(Astolfo) in the anime. they didn't show his/her? chest
 
Jul 9, 7:12 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 267
ogotbanned said:
they might have gender bent him(Astolfo) in the anime. they didn't show his/her? chest


UH, Astolfo is a boy in the epic poem as well dude https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orlando_Furioso
 
Jul 9, 7:15 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 1907
I really hope my luck goes to EX status when mordred is summonable in FGO
 
Jul 9, 8:16 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 16
Why The Fuck U Care, Plz everyone respect the damn studio
 
Jul 10, 1:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 43
To me the Fate series has such an interesting world and premise, but is marred by stuff like this and always wanting to force in Arturia/Not-Arturia into everything.
It all feels so heavy handed.

I mean take Mordred for example, it would've made more sense if Mordred was a man because part of the reason why he thinks Arturia is undeserving of the title of king is because Arturia isn't even a man (if I understood it correctly Merlin turned Arturia into a man for a night so Mordred could be born?) and is deceiving everyone. Not only this you could've used a similar design as prototype Saber for the first Fate.

With Frankenstein's monster I can buy it since they could've summonsed the bride of Frankenstein (or rather the monsters mate).

But with Jack the Ripper? That was frankly just dumb and took me right out of the story.
 
Jul 10, 1:12 AM
- Michi -

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 4825
I mean I don't really see "actual" fanservice in a sense. If you mean the tits and ass stuff that my friend is basically nothing.
 
Jul 10, 1:32 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 612
Face the moral degeneration of Japanese studios. Blame the modernity, and brace for the impact.
While the obsession with the little girls makes them twist individuals from our shared culture into little girls, there still are Spartacus, Shakespeare and that arab author-alchemist. I will feel constant urge to erase this title from the existence, yet I will keep watching this series. Not without humiliation, though. But will keep on keeping on.
 
Jul 10, 1:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 527
Jack the Ripper is the one bothering me the most. Turning him into a girl is one thing, but into a child as well? Really now...

 
Jul 10, 1:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 1467
It's A-1 Pictures. Were you expecting quality or something?
 
Jul 10, 1:55 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 612
Pyro said:
It's A-1 Pictures. Were you expecting quality or something?

Can't help it if the paying customer is a degenerative Japanese deviant, and then there is a bunch of them, and they decided to RUIN MORE OR LESS COHERENT UNIVERSE WITH THIS! (A "spin-off" that has now forever tainted that already retardieu "Fate/" franchise)
 
Jul 10, 2:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 5100
Hmm well, Fate series started as a porn game so why are you surprised with some fanservice in that verse.
Also who is a girl and who is not isn't something anime adaptation decided.


And rather than complaining about girls or not, I would complain about some of the servant choice.
Like.... Astolfo, really? REALLY? If you want to take one of Charlemagne's "paladins", why not Roland himself FFS?
The choice of mage feels so out of place as well.

And I'm more disappointed that Chiron isn't in a centaure appearance than the "girls instead of men" problem.

I mean if I counted properly, out of the 15 servants, there's only 6 females, and 3 out of 6 are supposed to be female in History/legends. The only three that are not are Mordred, Jack the ripper and Frankenstein. However, I'll point out that Jack the ripper's identity was never discovered so we don't know if it was a man or a woman, and that the other two are fictional characters anyway, not Historical.
Mordred seems quite boyish anyway, even refusing to be called a woman, so the only one that feel very weird is frankenstein.
If Jack the ripper was never caught, maybe it was because it wasn't a man, and not even an adult but an abnormal child, so she went undiscovered by the police. The child part makes it unlikely, but hey.

So yeah, Frankenstein. Her voice and way to speak is already a bit annoying too, ugh.
Modified by Zefyris, Jul 10, 2:28 AM
 
Jul 10, 2:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 7175
@Darek
@Manaban

OP is the prime example of a closet lolicon, and hes a male (most likely straight) complaining about ass and titties, this is just an example of someone is simply ashamed of themself

no one goes on silly rants like this unless they have something to hide.. well nice try op, cause:

I'M INSECURE ABOUT BEING TURNED ON BY YOUNG CARTOON GIRLS, DON'T THEY KNOW THAT I NEED TO PROVE HOW MANLY I AM INSTEAD??

is the REAL title of this thread




now this just made me ask myself why im not watching this anime



rodriboy said:
I don't hate fanservice, it's more, if the fanservice it's good done it can became a really good anime and i can get to love that anime, such as Prision School or Shokugeki no Souma or others. But, yes, i agree whit you, That's one of the reasons that this show is not as good as the other Fate shows for me.


come to the ecchi church.. i'll have you fixed up in no time, cause this sounds like parroting
Modified by EcchiKingMamster, Jul 10, 2:44 AM



 
Jul 10, 3:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 516
Just appealing to the core demography. Smol waifus with swords n shit. :p
 
Jul 10, 3:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 72
Because A1-Pictures and Ufotable have different artistic visions on what nasuverse should look like, of which one is shit, and you make a guess which is which.

Anyway, it's not like the original LN is devoid of subtle fanservice. The image of nasuverse has gradually changed favoring style over substance especially since the release of Fate/Grand Order. This is one of the few instances where I think "I like it better in the old days" is very justified xD
 
Jul 10, 3:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 996
Daniel_Naumov said:
Pyro said:
It's A-1 Pictures. Were you expecting quality or something?

Can't help it if the paying customer is a degenerative Japanese deviant, and then there is a bunch of them, and they decided to RUIN MORE OR LESS COHERENT UNIVERSE WITH THIS! (A "spin-off" that has now forever tainted that already retardieu "Fate/" franchise)

It's an adaptation of Light Novel, A-1 pictures didn't create the servants.
 
Jul 10, 8:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 39
Because this is a low quality show that really shouldn't be ranked as a 8 on MAL :)
Art is shit
Story is worse
Voice acting is stupid bad due to characters being so unconventional and badly written.

It really surprised me to see a new show with fully spiky fat hair come out in 2017 and be a popular one.
 
Jul 10, 8:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 773
It's a cartoon aimed at teenagers and always has been.
 
Jul 10, 9:04 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 307
Extreme3708 said:
And not only that, but also fuckin Frankenstein

ogotbanned said:
They should have made some characters male like Frankenstein but the source material doesn't let them anyway.

Zefyris said:
[...]the only one that feel very weird is frankenstein.

F/A's Frankenstein is wearing a wedding dress, it's pretty much a given they summoned the Bride of Frankenstein rather than Frankenstein's Monster.

Edit: nevermind, it is Frankenstein's Monster according to the wiki.
Modified by MysteriousBanana, Jul 10, 9:37 AM
 
Jul 10, 9:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 16277
This whole thread:



MysteriousBanana said:
Extreme3708 said:
And not only that, but also fuckin Frankenstein

ogotbanned said:
They should have made some characters male like Frankenstein but the source material doesn't let them anyway.

Zefyris said:
[...]the only one that feel very weird is frankenstein.

F/A's Frankenstein is wearing a wedding dress, it's pretty much a given they summoned the Bride of Frankenstein rather than Frankenstein's Monster.

They are the same in that world.

Also Jack has a different form for each class. In the Assassin class it is


In the Berserker class it i s
.

Those "changes" in gender more often than not add more to the characters and the lore.

But no lets only focus on them being female because we have to cry about something.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Jul 10, 9:24 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 307
ssjokg said:
MysteriousBanana said:
F/A's Frankenstein is wearing a wedding dress, it's pretty much a given they summoned the Bride of Frankenstein rather than Frankenstein's Monster.
They are the same in that world.

Had to spoil myself a little and look up her bio on the wiki... and that's just weird and so utterly pointless.
 
Jul 10, 9:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 16277
MysteriousBanana said:
ssjokg said:
They are the same in that world.

Had to spoil myself a little and look up her bio on the wiki... and that's just weird and so utterly pointless.
The monster's "story" is pretty much the same. If you mean the development
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Jul 10, 9:53 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 307
ssjokg said:
MysteriousBanana said:

Had to spoil myself a little and look up her bio on the wiki... and that's just weird and so utterly pointless.
The monster's "story" is pretty much the same. If you mean the development

Yeah, I meant the story, it was pointless to genderflip the Monster and design her in a way that clearly references the Bride. What a strange way to create a character that already existed.
 
Jul 10, 10:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 71
azertyY said:

Besides, unlike UBW, Apocrypha knows how to do fan service with out looking like sex gifts...


No, it doesn't know. Just look at that low-polygonal ass on your screenshot, it brings only tears to my eyes, not some kind of pleasure.

Yeah, I was a bit angry when they said that Frankenstein is a girl, but I thought of Victor, and then they said that Servant is creation, not a master, so why not. But this loli trash was a big disappointment. Jack could be a really intriguing character, and now we lost it all for a cruel loli fanservice.
Modified by PizzaWarrior, Jul 10, 10:36 AM
 
Jul 10, 10:50 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 1081
Kotou said:
If you weren't too blindsided you'd realize there's practically only one little girl. Watch the episode before you start bitching.


OK. let me correct what he said:

Why are almost all of the heroes in this war either little girls, little boys or 12 year old kids? Few exceptions.

I'm completely on the side of OP here, it's fucking annoying.
I guess Charlamange used little boy/girl as his paladin, Frankenstein created loli with giant hammer etc.
It's obvious fanservice and pandering to the masses.

I, for one, fucking hate it. And I'm one of those who call themselves Fate fans.
 
Jul 10, 10:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 16277
nina4life said:

It's obvious fanservice and pandering to the masses.
To me it seems like it is the masses that complain about it so....

And considering that many heroes accomplished their deeds while they WERE kids(Cu wasnt older than Shirou for example) who the fuck cares?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Jul 10, 10:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 5542
I think the only serius show from this franchise is Fate/Zero and maybe UBW, the rest is just pure entertaintment, dont take it too seriously. But yeah i get your point,I know there will never a Fate series like F/Zero thats why i dont get dissapointed lel

 
Jul 10, 11:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 16277
The bias tho.

Somehow it is fine to have King Arthur as a teenage girl but if another series does it to another character it is instantly the worst thing ever.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Jul 10, 11:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 1081
ssjokg said:
nina4life said:

It's obvious fanservice and pandering to the masses.
To me it seems like it is the masses that complain about it so....

And considering that many heroes accomplished their deeds while they WERE kids(Cu wasnt older than Shirou for example) who the fuck cares?


Wrong.
It's always the loud minority complaining :) Most people still enjoy this show. It's basicaly the same, but oposite, when a show is terrible. You won't see too many threads about how shit the show is, only episode discussions filled with people who still enjoy watching it.

I, for one, hate little girls/boys cliche, where everyone has to be child. That's why I absolutely love FZ. Kiritsugu and Kirei were both adults, master assassins, professionals. All other masters were also adults (Waver was exception, and it was clear how out of place, and out of his league, he is). All (Saber is questionable) servants were adults.
And it was an "adult" show.

There's nothing wrong with cast being mostly kids, hell, most anime have that setting. I just don't like it in this kind of anime.
Especially when we're shown how easily people kill each others here. Necromacer vs those mages was good example of that. Kill or be killed. Not a setting for kids story.

But again, that's me. For those who enjoy it, have fun. But rest assured, this is 99% not the only thread that's gonna pop-up complaining about something related to their age/gender/looks/whatever, and I perfectly understand and to a degree, agree with it.
 
Jul 10, 11:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 16277
But that's just preference not about the quality of the show.

It can have kids and be a mature showt. Waver in FZ was a kid and a far better character than most of the others(adults). Iri was a kid in disguise(10 years old).

Do I think Apo is better than FZ or FSn? No not even close, but people dont give it a chance for stuff they just ignored in the other two series.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Jul 10, 11:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 1081
ssjokg said:
But that's just preference not about the quality of the show.

It can have kids and be a mature showt. Waver in FZ was a kid and a far better character than most of the others(adults). Iri was a kid in disguise(10 years old).

Do I think Apo is better than FZ or FSn? No not even close, but people dont give it a chance for stuff they just ignored in the other two series.


Like I said about Waver, he was outclassed heavily by other masters, yet I loved him as character. Why? Because he knew he got involved into something far out of his league. And he acted accordingly. He was great character, had great development arc and learned lessons from war which helped him become what he became later on.
He was changed by war, learned about self-respect, duty, honor, courage etc.

On the other hand, what's the first thing Charlamange paladin does? Jump around like a joyous kid. What's one of the first things Frankensteins monster does? Speak in kawaii-voice.

It's not kids per se that annoy me, but how they're portraited. Don't even let me get started on Mordred. Every cliche from the book, every last one of them.

If anime features small kids being overly annoying, usualy I'll just drop it and move on. The only reason I'm still sticking with this one is because it's FATE.
 
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »