Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 14, 2017 12:50 PM

Feb 2009
OP is trash.
ED is generic af.

They are trying to reel in on the yuri. First episode was pretty meh. The manga has beautiful art and an entrhalling world, but the anime lookedgeneric compared to that. I do hope it'll change.

And that the Chiis will save the show.
Jul 15, 2017 8:29 AM

Nov 2016
A great first episode <3 ,The Op is catchy and the Ed is really gooood <3 <3 , The characters are amazinggg all of them and I especially like Hime and Mitama both of them are so precious and pretty <3 <3 <3 , I really like how the characters are inhuman or like abnormal it's really great and especially the story setting is in a school <3 <3 , I really like it and it gave me the same vibes I got from Acchi Kocchi xDD , Hime is really pretty cute and brave <3 <3 and Mitama is just lovee <3 <3 , Her expressions when she gets shy is so damn adorable <3 <3 and for Nozomi well i thought she's a boy at first but in the last moment .. Kyoko said " Don't spoil HER so much , Hime " xDD but I like her she's really cool but kinda scary lol ... Anyways , I really liked this it's really enjoyable and peaceful and the characters are great and the expressions are good too , I really want more of this ASAP because it's really really enjoyable for me and I like peaceful anime like this one so I'm ready for more <3 <3 , Looking Forward !!!!
Jul 15, 2017 8:41 AM
Jul 2017
Didn't like this one at all. I don't like the character designs, not really a big fan of Slice of Life (even less so when it doesn't mesh at all with the weird totalitarian vibes), and I'm 1000% sure that the yuri-bait opening has no payoff.

Centorea-san does not approve.
Jul 16, 2017 7:11 AM
Mar 2014
The best way to describe it as there's two parts.

There's the parts we see from the main characters perspectives and how they live which is the slice of life part but there's also the over-arching picture that develops that the main characters don't see or don't notice (or aren't allowed to notice) that develops overtime that really only we the viewers/readers are allowed to see.
Jul 17, 2017 12:53 AM

Jun 2017
Decided to pick this up late since I was unsure what to watch next. Almost seems too slow for a slice of life...might drop it later. Wasn't a bad watch though.
Jul 21, 2017 3:34 AM

Dec 2013
Cute monster girls doing yuri stuff, cute monster girls doing slice of life stuff, SUDDEN communist dystopia and heavy criticism of Western Society with the government watching at all times and it is illegal to discuss inequality. On top of that: Equality above freedom and life as slogan screams crazy communist government has taken over. Then back to cute monster girls doing a play.

Then I saw this is a Chinese show, and all the pieces of puzzle suddenly fit together perfectly. Communist dystopia is average everyday life in China.

Show was mostly boring though.
Jul 22, 2017 4:33 AM
Mar 2012
Yuri nice start with that centaur saving prince. Lecture seems oddly serious, usually students sleep it off.
Nice ost, soso art ok for chinese. Characters mildly fun.
6 limbs!?
Jul 24, 2017 10:09 AM

Feb 2013
I thought this looked so fucking stupid. I'm so happy that I was wrong!!! This was so god damn adorable!!!
Jul 27, 2017 10:11 AM

Jul 2009
What a great start! So curious to see more!
Jul 30, 2017 5:35 AM

Apr 2009
not a bad episode, definitively not bad,
i notice lots of the stuff found in the manga isn't there, but i suppose a bunch of fluff wouldn't miss some of the fluff anyway

doesn't seem to be too heavily censored though, much enjoyment there.
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Aug 2, 2017 9:20 AM

Apr 2014
really loving this already plus there's yuri also which is a huge plus for me

on to the next ep
"one step at a time"
Aug 10, 2017 2:29 AM

Nov 2016
Put off watching the first episode for so long. First I decided to read the manga before starting the show, a used bookstore had the first seven volumes so I figured why not. After falling in love with the manga, I discovered this anime is being done by Haoliner's Animation League, a group with a sordid track record (e.g. Bloodivores). I finally got up the courage to watch the first episode after my brother assured me it wasn't horrible.

The manga does a better job of establishing the setting off the bat, but I understand exactly why they couldn't have used the first story from the manga (the content is a tad mature). The animation is a bit iffy in places, but overall okay. I think they did a pretty good job of capturing the atmosphere and feel of the characters from the manga. All in all, I'm pretty satisfied.
Aug 22, 2017 2:44 AM

Nov 2009
Paul said:
What's going on with the halos? They're all clearly attached to their heads and same color as their hairs. Is it part of their hair? Is this all some secret roleplaying school for her to feel welcomed?

Yes, it is part of their hair. Angels' hair just grows into a halo like that.
(but you probably already know that from later episodes)

Anime_Dog said:
Miragee said:

I know you didn't. I was too lazy to go to the other page again and look for the original post, lol. I was addressing the other person of course.

No worries. I'm not sure if everyone in a quote chain gets a notification or just the top quotee (and if that's not a word, it should be).

Only the last/top person gets a notification. If you want to make sure other people noticed too, you have to address them with @. Like this: @Anime_Dog

Mysteriala said:
Cute monster girls doing yuri stuff, cute monster girls doing slice of life stuff, SUDDEN communist dystopia and heavy criticism of Western Society with the government watching at all times and it is illegal to discuss inequality. On top of that: Equality above freedom and life as slogan screams crazy communist government has taken over. Then back to cute monster girls doing a play.

Then I saw this is a Chinese show, and all the pieces of puzzle suddenly fit together perfectly. Communist dystopia is average everyday life in China.

Show was mostly boring though.

I would like you to stop confusing any ideology with Communism. Centaur's Worries Japan is a capitalist society with remains of an older class-based society, just like real Japan. People can be richer or poorer, there are private businesses and lots of stuff.
Sep 24, 2017 8:47 AM

Nov 2011
Although as other series, focusing on monster girls, what interests me most of the entire series, is to discover the various designs of the characters, the rest passes in the second floor. The centaur girl named Himeno is pretty nice and the narration is a bit different from the usual, I think it's a hobby, and I like it. The beginning is a bit weird, but some things in the story look interesting. Let's go ahead with the vision!
Oct 16, 2017 4:02 PM

May 2012
Pretty decent episode again, looking forwards to see what this series has to offer!
Feb 5, 2018 10:35 PM

Nov 2012
Honestly, the story being told in the show's history seems more interesting than what is actually going on.

If the systematic racial issues are going to become a fairly central topic in the show, why on earth would they make the first segment a pile of yuri-bait slice of life crap with nothing original to its name except "hey look some of our students have four legs or horns!"

The OP is a total mess too. It already looks like this show has no clue what it wants to be.
Jul 24, 2019 12:02 PM

Apr 2013
Pretty average start, didn't entertain me that much. Still I hope it'll get better.
Mar 20, 2020 1:18 PM

Apr 2012
For a SOL anime, their backstory and history is pretty dark.
I snickered at their assessment that if ever 4 limbed species would've evolved instead of them, there would'nt be much differences between them therefore there won't be any discrimination and wars compared to their dark and chaotic past.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Apr 28, 2020 5:12 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Good even if I don't like horses
Apr 28, 2020 5:13 PM

Mar 2019
Good first episode, I dont really like the centaur's design tho
Apr 3, 2021 7:01 PM

Jan 2010
I guess every series needs its own gimmick to help it stand out.

That being said, I suppose it's interesting that A Centaur's Life is taking the divergent history route to explaining why non-humans are the dominant species on Earth, as opposed to having a co-existence or some hidden society of non-humans. In that regard, the show could explore an imagined society of various sentient fantasy species. I'm surprised at how quickly it brought up race and species-based discrimination and slavery. Still, I don't know. It just feels too easy to write comedy and drama by just bringing up obvious differences in physical characteristics. But, well, whatever works.
May 21, 2021 2:32 AM

Feb 2020
How cute. :3 Himeno and Nozomi are so adorable. <3

Weak OP but good ED.
Apr 18, 2022 10:49 PM
Sep 2020
The first clip was where the ep budget went
Aug 10, 2022 9:05 PM
Nov 2019
Setting everything up. Not much to be said yet
Oct 4, 2022 5:43 PM
Mar 2022
Episode 1 wasn't the greatest in my opinion. I understand you have to keep an open mind about these things, but there are so many things that didn't make sense. They explain more throughout the series, but it's still hard to keep up.

Honestly, I could have gotten into it more if the main character wasn't a centaur. Like I said before, I know you have to keep an open mind, although it's hard when she takes up almost the entire screen and portrays herself the way she does. She gets put down by Nozomi a little, which helps, but I feel like it would have been better in a different situation, rather than a school and "normal life" activities, especially when she sees herself like a princess.

The show, to me, seems like compensation, and would have been a great premise under other circumstances and settings.
Oct 28, 2022 5:25 AM

Jun 2019
nbdTyler said:
Honestly, I could have gotten into it more if the main character wasn't a centaur. Like I said before, I know you have to keep an open mind, although it's hard when she takes up almost the entire screen and portrays herself the way she does. She gets put down by Nozomi a little, which helps

What is your issue with her being a centaur?
May 20, 2023 8:52 AM

Aug 2019
quite the boring episode but it was the first one and its just supposed to introduce the setting and characters
(19.05 22:33)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Centaur no Nayami Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2017

69 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 20, 2023 9:00 AM

Poll: » Centaur no Nayami Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2017

87 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 20, 2023 8:57 AM

Poll: » Centaur no Nayami Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2017

94 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 20, 2023 8:54 AM

Poll: » Centaur no Nayami Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2017

91 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 27, 2023 8:46 PM

Poll: » Centaur no Nayami Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2017

88 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 24, 2023 9:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.