Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 8, 2017 8:00 PM

Jan 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
damn crackers :):):):)
so that's how it is, ok.
can we just get the damn man some juice
edit: now that we know she knew all along, im blaming pudding

Jul 8, 2017 8:18 PM

Apr 2016
holy sh*t Cracker is freaking huge!!!! he was towering over even Big Mom!
I love those little black blob things, they're so cool looking, the reveal of Big Mom's ability was awesome. somewhat similar to Moria, but more messed up. she's just chillin with her Homies.
I liked seeing Nami in action for the very short amount of time we did, I am always wishing for more Nami fights. also Chopper's monster form is always a welcome appearance for me.
Jul 8, 2017 8:36 PM

May 2016
Mirror WAAARUDOOO!
MIROMIROMIROMIROMIROMIROMIROMIROMIROMIROMIROMIROMIROMIROMIROMIROMIROMIROMIROMIROMIROMIROMIROMIROMIRO...
MIIIIIIIIRROOOOOOOR!!!
HyperLJul 8, 2017 8:59 PM
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Jul 8, 2017 9:50 PM

Dec 2014
Nice episode.

Funny how the real Nami was trapped among the fakes.

Brulee and the Homies were real trouble for Carrot, Chopper and Nami. Only Nami was able to escape. :(
The Reveal about Big Mom's power and her extortion of lifespan from the people of Totland. These are the lifespans she uses to give life to various objects around the world.

Big Dude is Big Mom's husband. xD

I didn't expect Cracker to be this huge, hype for the next episodes. We got some good stuff incoming. :D
Jul 8, 2017 10:28 PM

Oct 2013
The mirror mirror fruit has some weird rules. I don't like it. How can you trap people inside a mirror world? What does that even mean? The mirror mirror fruit should just have the power of reflecting images and physical interactions.
KitogeJul 8, 2017 10:34 PM
Jul 8, 2017 10:38 PM

Mar 2016
Loved the beginning part of the episode on how they were taking lifespans from the citizens. Looked pretty cool. The stuff with Brule vs Carrot, Nami and Chopper was nice. Brule's DF ability was pretty well animated and BM's DF ability has finally been revealed :D
Introduction of Cracker as one of the 3 sweet commanders. Oh boy. I am absolutely hyped for the next episode. Cracker's VA was great. This fight is gonna be a lot of hypeee. Didn't expect Cracker to be this huge tbh xD

Overall I'd say it was a pretty solid episode. The animation was pretty good this week, nice color schemes. Wasn't expecting Seducing woods to be as enjoyable so liking it so far. Really excited for next week :D

Jul 9, 2017 12:06 AM

Mar 2015
Biscuit, Brulee, Cracker.. interesting theme going on no?

Another good episode, looks like Luffy wasn't as much an idiot as first thought

Poor Carrot though, hope she and Chopper are okay!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 9, 2017 12:44 AM

Jul 2008
And here comes Cracker...
Jul 9, 2017 12:56 AM

Dec 2013
Finally getting some progression with the forest stuff. I'm hyped for Cracker!
Jul 9, 2017 1:43 AM
Apr 2016
Welp for anime viewers remember this
Cracker>Doflamingo
Jul 9, 2017 3:20 AM
May 2017
finally next episode cracker vs luffy gonna happen, awesome
Jul 9, 2017 3:49 AM

Feb 2013
Big Mom is taking part of the souls of everyone from Totto Land, she is too damn cruel, and I'm sure that if they don't want to give it they are dead.
Carrot and Chopper were captured!
Jul 9, 2017 4:05 AM

Jul 2010
This cracker fellow looks nice and he has to be strong for top 3.Hope he pulls good fight with luffy :)
Jul 9, 2017 4:19 AM
Jul 2016
hyped for the cracker vs luffy in the manga it was great can't wait to see it animated
Jul 9, 2017 4:30 AM

Jan 2016
Finally we get to Luffy vs Cracker!

HYPED FOR
Jul 9, 2017 4:55 AM

Nov 2016
Episode wasn't that good, fillers were pretty boring.

Just hope the ones in Luffy vs Cracker will be different, please don't fuck it up Toei.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 9, 2017 4:58 AM

Nov 2016
Peter16373 said:
Welp for anime viewers remember this
Cracker>Doflamingo

Wouldn't necessarily say that, it was just a worse match up for Luffy.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 9, 2017 5:17 AM

Jun 2015
Lmao the name "homies" tho xD

Luffy vs Cracker fight looks pretty epic *_*
Jul 9, 2017 6:58 AM

Jan 2012
Cracker gives me Bartholomew vibes, Let alone, this entire island reminds me of Thriller Bark, l.e Homies similar to the Zombies
Jul 9, 2017 8:32 AM

Jun 2016
shit,that soul-soul fruit looks dangerous.
Jul 9, 2017 10:33 AM

Dec 2014
well totte island secret is out...nothing is every good to be true you know
Jul 9, 2017 10:55 AM

Sep 2013
New op when? big mom collecting souls as tax and now cracker incoming.
Jul 9, 2017 11:25 AM

May 2015
Hmmm... poor citizens! So, that is Big Mom's real power.
Jul 9, 2017 1:17 PM

Apr 2010
Boring episode. I'm still waiting for some action:(
Jul 9, 2017 3:30 PM

May 2014
Nice art, colors and animation this episode, was pretty good paced too.
Can't wait to see the fight :D

Jul 9, 2017 4:32 PM

May 2014
Why the hell is one of Linlin's husbands half buried in the woods?
Did he cheat or something?? XD

The whole "Leave or Life" concept is pretty interesting actually, especially given the fact that the ability belongs to a Yonko. So far, the abilities we've seen of the other Yonko are very combat-focused or just plain destructive to the environment around them, so something like the Soul-Soul Devil Fruit is refreshing.

I'm wondering why Big Mom is taking portions of peoples souls in the first place though?? Does she just like creating creepy face-flowers or is there something more to it?
I'm guessing the latter if those big black lumps are supposed to be incarnations of her soul...that can't be healthy =_=

What's even more interesting is that unlike other tyrannical leaders and villains in OP- Doffy, Crocodile, Akainu & the Vinsmokes to name a few- Big Mom appears to be laying the cards on the table. As far as I can see, she's not threatening her people into staying and it doesn't look like she's lying about the whole soul collection business either; they seemed to know what was going on. So I wanna know why these people are all choosing to stay on Whole Cake despite the fact that they're having time taken off their lives.

Maybe it has something to do with the type of people they are- as in, they're mostly oppressed or part of a minorty...so they don't fit in anywhere else? If that's the case, then Big Mom is just taking advantage of their circumstances.

Also seems like Cracker vs. Luffy starts next week...wonder how long it'll last? I've never been too much of a fan of Luffy's fights tbh.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2017 7:34 PM

Jul 2013
That was such an interesting episode. A lot of new things got explained.

The beginning was hilarious. The real Nami also got catched by Luffy among all of these fakes and her reaction, I almost spat out my orange juice xD

We also got a little bit of Carrot, Nami and Chopper action which I liked. Long time ago since we saw that. So Brulee ate from the mirror fruit. I wonder what happened to Carrot.

Big Mom has such an complex devil frut it's crazy what she's able to do with it. Leave or Life, I could imagine what this weird looking shadow was collecting from all these people but damn they lose 1 month of their lifespan every 6 months. At the very beginning of this arc I was wondering how all of these thing can be alive but that explains it.

I didn't expect that this giant guy in the woods was/is one of Big Moms husband :o
What has he done that Big Mom burrow him half into the earth?

Damn Big Moms son Cracker looks dangerous. He's so big even Big Mom had to look up. And now we will see Luffy vs. Cracker? I know a lot of people who read the manga waited for ever for this to happen. Looking forward to see how strong this guy is. 1 of the 3 generels huh? I'm sure Luffy will have a rough time.

Question at the manga readers.

If you had to rate Crackers strength, how much stronger is he compared to Doflamingo?

Jul 9, 2017 10:32 PM

Dec 2016
EVERYTHING IS GOING TO SHIT!!!

On the other hand though it was cool to see Monster Point Chopper in action again, and also next week's episode is about to be a fun time!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jul 10, 2017 6:46 PM

Feb 2012
Natsu88 said:
Damn Big Moms son Cracker looks dangerous. He's so big even Big Mom had to look up. And now we will see Luffy vs. Cracker? I know a lot of people who read the manga waited for ever for this to happen. Looking forward to see how strong this guy is. 1 of the 3 generels huh? I'm sure Luffy will have a rough time.

Question at the manga readers.

If you had to rate Crackers strength, how much stronger is he compared to Doflamingo?

Well...
Jul 12, 2017 6:16 AM
Jul 2018
Kitoge said:
The mirror mirror fruit has some weird rules. I don't like it. How can you trap people inside a mirror world? What does that even mean? The mirror mirror fruit should just have the power of reflecting images and physical interactions.

its pretty simple
go to a dark place=insta win
but considering all strawhats have an IQ of 60 thatd be impossible
Jul 12, 2017 6:18 PM

Oct 2013
ProphetOfRagret said:
Kitoge said:

its pretty simple
go to a dark place=insta win
but considering all strawhats have an IQ of 60 thatd be impossible

LOL you speak words of wisdom prophet
Jul 17, 2017 8:21 AM

Dec 2016
I'm wondering....how did the Big Dude marry that Big Mom?
Jul 19, 2017 11:57 AM

Jan 2013
Pretty cool learning about Big Mom's ability, I thought it was having a rare stomach, needing lots of food and special food X)

Interesting knowing she can give human souls to inanimate objects and even animals but not other humans. - I wonder if she can somehow convert those souls into increasing her lifespan.
Jul 20, 2017 1:26 PM

May 2010
One question though, why Nami didn't say a thing when Luffy started caring her? She didn't have to wait until he put her with other crew lookalikes after all.

Other than that decent ep, finally some info about this arc, and sasuga Oda, creative with new locations and citizens as always! Also, big guy being one of Big Mom's husbands isn't even such a huge reveal, I mean we already knew she's got tons of them.
Jul 21, 2017 6:07 AM

Jul 2013
Big mom's husband huh, so he's big dad? Wonder what happened to their marriage.

Leavu or layfu
Oct 26, 2017 9:45 AM

Apr 2013
This episodes surprisingly cleared a lot of things up. Big Mom's ability seems not that useful in hand-to-hand combat though, especially since she probably lacks speed.
Next opponent for Luffy will be Cracker, I assume he's the third strongest of Big Mom's crew, par Linlin herself. So he should be a weaker version of Vista if we go by Yonko standards, might be an interesting fight.
Feb 13, 2018 7:08 AM

Dec 2014
is he Lola's father? Kind of looks like her (the hair)
Jan 3, 2020 4:18 PM
Jul 2018
Alright, so her powers certainly explain a lot. From the natural wildlife to inanimate objects, all of them were giving human souls. Thus, they came to life. Nonetheless, the whole soul exchange process is certainly disturbing, having to give up a bit of your lifespan just to be safe and continue living on the island, very unfortunate for the citizens I am sure. Big Mom isn't doing all this for peaceful coexistence, it may seem like it considering the many different races inhabiting the various Big Mom islands, she is just doing it for her childish paradise. I guess she is selfish like that.

So Big Mom's real name is Charlotte Linlin, and that's her husband? Or one of them at least? That was unexpected, I didn't think of that. I wonder who is the child.

Cracker vs Luffy incoming? Oh, this will be a good fight I hope. This Cracker is one of the 3 strongest people in Big Mom's crew. That's quite a feat I must say. Let's see how Luffy will fare against one of the strongest henchmen of an emperor.
Jun 11, 2020 4:03 PM

Jun 2016
The truth about Whole Cake island is becoming more clear. One of Big Mom’s prior husbands was buried in the ground this whole time. I wasn’t sure who he’d be, but an important person is no surprise. I like the prediction that he’s Lola’s father, that would be a great twist. He’s supposedly not an enemy but not an ally of Mom’s either, he’s been trying to stay out of this business but finally opened his mouth. The reason the Homies are alive was my initial assumption, the souls Mom steals are put into the world to make objects live. However, the way she steals souls is by taking a month of every citizen's life twice a year. Quite a horrifying tax, huh? This proves that she has the soul soul fruit which lets her manipulate other people’s souls and her own, releasing parts of her soul as her own minions to extract and spread souls from others. Animals can even be given souls like Randolph who is specifically not a mink.

The situation in the forest also got more dire. Mom sent one of her three sweet generals, Cracker, to join in the fun. With that, Brulee is a mirror mirror human who can reflect and trap people in her mirrors, having captured Carrot easily and targeted Chopper next. Cracker should be fearsome as he is one of the best. And Randolph is still around to make this as chaotic as possible. Speaking of Brulee, she has Foxy’s nose. This is important because noses in One Piece are telling. For example, Kaku’s long nose foreshadowed his lies just as Usopp’s long nose represents his lies. Therefore, Brulee is Foxy’s mom.
Jul 14, 2021 2:26 AM

May 2016
Big Mom's Devil Fruit power's pretty damn demented if you ask me. Trading a small portion of your remaining lifespan so you can continue to live in peace under the protection of Big Mom's crew sounds so twisted. To make things worse, Big Mom uses the lifeforce acquired from the people of Totto Land to give life to just about anything including the food that she'd just end up devouring.

As funny as it was, it's pretty weird that the real Nami was actually among the mirror clones Luffy had captured since she took quite some time until she revealed her true identity to him.

You'd think that someone who doesn't want to get into any more drama involving his ex-wife and the poor souls who end up entering Whole Cake Island through the Seducing Woods but here he is, buried neck-deep right where Big Mom can see him lmao

Cracker's gonna be a tough enemy to face off against and I'm also worried about how Carrot and Chopper's current states...

Aug 19, 2021 7:41 AM

Jun 2019
That is one poor guy that was her husband. LOL
Sep 4, 2021 2:18 AM

Aug 2021
I never had ever imagined that guy to be one of her husband
May 13, 2022 11:19 PM

Dec 2012
If Dressrosa was the New World's Alabasta, then this is the upgraded version of Thriller Bark. It's strange to say, but Big Mom's ambitions seem very pure. At least, pure in the sense that she wants what she wants and will stop at nothing to have it. Everything else is secondary to that insatiable desire, including & especially life itself.
Feb 20, 9:31 AM
Oct 2019
Finally we got some answers 😅
Big Mom Devil Fruit power is terrifying.

Wait that big dude was Big Mom Husband? WTF bro

Now i think about it he looks like Lola with the Pink Hair, maybe he was Lola Father?

Luffy vs Cracker, hopefully they gave us a good fight 🙏

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 392 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dbaranyi - Mar 8, 2009

92 by gannoncannon55 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 391 Discussion

Kitschi - Mar 11, 2009

40 by gannoncannon55 »»
6 hours ago

» I miss the old fights.

NeutralSide - Sep 14, 2023

25 by NeutralSide »»
Today, 6:42 AM

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1062 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AhriTheS3xyFox - May 20, 2023

328 by mihirmishra »»
Today, 5:46 AM

Poll: » One Piece Episode 229 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jan 5, 2010

42 by kejora »»
Today, 2:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.