Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 9, 2017 11:29 AM

Jan 2013
The_Nut_Cracker said:
One thing I didn't know for the longest time was that there was angels in super.does anyone which episode where whis is revealed to be part of the angel race?

they explained it back when the gang was figuring out how future Zamasu was pulling off his shenanigans

on a side note, the more i think about it the more im convinced Zen is way too naiive and playful to say "hey lets clean up the place by erasing some universes" before the tournament idea was brought up especially with all the smirking at the end there
Jul 9, 2017 11:39 AM

Nov 2011
"Furry universe was a mistake" - Zeno Sama
Jul 9, 2017 12:23 PM

Feb 2015
Goku didn't transform, because Super Saiyan Blue takes up too much energy? Fine, but there was no reason for him not to be Super Saiyan 1, after all, he trained himself to use it without consuming energy back in the Cell saga.

What's the point of this whole episode when Goku and Vegeta end up using Super Saiyan Blue to finish it off anyway? I mean, they could've done the exact same thing from the start and the result would've been the same. By spending this much time and effort on fighting in their base forms, they've only wasted more energy than they would have, had they knocked the Universe 9 guys out of the ring from the start with a short Super Saiyan Blue boost.

Fights were also done horribly. Next episode, please.

(We all know the erased Universes are going to be wished back at the end with the Super Dragon Balls, lol.)
Jul 9, 2017 1:11 PM

Jul 2013
How funny would it be if Frieza ended up being the one saving universes by rebelling against the gods.
Jul 9, 2017 1:13 PM

Jan 2014
This was really terrifying to watch. The Gods and Angels are creeping me out at how they can erase billions of lives and smile at it. Something dark is with that angel and Grand Priest I agree, they are up to something.

Btw can I ask if anybody knows the track used during the deletion if it has been released in some form? Thanks in advance.
Jul 9, 2017 2:48 PM

Sep 2015
Just how they seemed to intentionally let it sink in for the universe 9 team and the fucking angel smile
Credit to reixasuka29
Jul 9, 2017 2:53 PM

Nov 2012
And just like that Goku and Vegeta are responsible for the erasure of Billions of lives from Universe 9... and since we all know that Universe 7 wins in the end and there's really no stakes in the entire series anyway.. i'm a little disappointed knowing that the saiyans from Universe 6 will disappear...
Jul 9, 2017 3:48 PM
Jul 2017
Ok, let's just be honest. The whole concept of this tournament is stupid because it's a no contest. The tournament would have to be longer than 48 minutes in order for it to be legit. After 18 minutes of survival, Goku and Vegeta could just fuse to Gogeta Blue and wipe out everyone there except for the angels and Zen Sama.
Jul 9, 2017 4:06 PM
Oct 2016
Lelouch0202 said:

does SSJ Blue really take that much stamina?

Yes, it has always been this way, Goku said that already on episode 38.

But the info was ignored in the anime in one of the many incompetent moves by Toei.

Some fans think SSB is perfect ki control, is not, Whis just said that Vegeta's ki leaks and that he could improve that, that was about base Vegeta not SSB.

Some fans confuse a great part of the fanbase with their out of nowhere head-canons, I only used official info.

The confusion many have is because they don't follow the manga, yes, those are different versions, but the manga shows why the anime doesn't make sense.

• In the manga there isn't SSB Kaio-Ken because SSB drains a lot of stamina, thus adding Kaio-Ken would made zero sense.

• In the manga it was explained that the reason Mai didn't die by Goku Black's attack was because Trunks was unaware that he was healing her with a power he had from a Kaio-shin appreciate ritual.
Jul 9, 2017 4:12 PM
Dec 2015
Too many filler characters that are just there as gag characters.
Jul 9, 2017 5:03 PM
Oct 2016
dannymilk said:

well of all times they introduce a cat girl and POOF! bye bye.

Akira has NEVER taken a female fighter seriously, the almost exception was #18, when she fought SS Vegeta.

And even that was minor as she wasn't the big bad boss, she was just appetizer of that arc.

Raditz, Nappa, Vegeta, Dodoria, Zarbon, the whole Ginyu Force, Frieza, King Cold, Gero, #18, #17, #18, #16, Cell, Dabura, Babidi, Buu.

All of those and #18 is the only canon DBZ female villain there.

When asked about why there wasn't a female SS, Akira claimed that he wouldn't know how to drew one.

That couldn't had sounded more BS if his life depended on it, but of course, as if he was to admit to the public that he just doesn't care about female fighters.

Caulifla and Kale will be no different.
Jul 9, 2017 5:47 PM
Jul 2018
Goodbye Universe 9.

In Spanish: Valiste Bergamo xD
Jul 9, 2017 5:56 PM

Jul 2013
That was a nice episode. I also didn't understand why Goku went SS from the beginning on but it's like always, playing arround with his opponents and making it excited. Universe 9 for sure has some weird fighters like that spider guy or the one with the iron. Also these names "danger triangle" lol.

Seems like Freezer had his fun with another fighter of universe 9, poor guy :D

It was nice how Goku and Vegeta took their chance when some fighters of universe 9 were distracted and kicked them out immediately. And damn when they transformed into SS. Gokus moves from 16:57 to 17:06 looked so damn nice.

And of course how could I not mention it, the Final Ka-me-ha-me-ha sooo good. That was definitely a little fangirl moment for me haha.

But at the same time when universe 9 got beaten I realised how cruel this tourney will be. Universe 9 got instantly obliterated. And that creepy smile of the high priest :o

Next episode seems to be more about 18, Krillin and Muten Roshi. Can't wait to see this.

Jul 9, 2017 7:57 PM

Jul 2017
Really Good episode C:

Jul 9, 2017 10:13 PM
Jun 2011
Milennin said:
Goku didn't transform, because Super Saiyan Blue takes up too much energy? Fine, but there was no reason for him not to be Super Saiyan 1, after all, he trained himself to use it without consuming energy back in the Cell saga.

What's the point of this whole episode when Goku and Vegeta end up using Super Saiyan Blue to finish it off anyway? I mean, they could've done the exact same thing from the start and the result would've been the same. By spending this much time and effort on fighting in their base forms, they've only wasted more energy than they would have, had they knocked the Universe 9 guys out of the ring from the start with a short Super Saiyan Blue boost.

Fights were also done horribly. Next episode, please.

(We all know the erased Universes are going to be wished back at the end with the Super Dragon Balls, lol.)
and who knows how much energy it super syian blue will drain from them if they will use it alot in this tournoment
Jul 9, 2017 10:17 PM
Jun 2011
amarti201 said:
Ok, let's just be honest. The whole concept of this tournament is stupid because it's a no contest. The tournament would have to be longer than 48 minutes in order for it to be legit. After 18 minutes of survival, Goku and Vegeta could just fuse to Gogeta Blue and wipe out everyone there except for the angels and Zen Sama.
this is if fusing alowwed since they said items are frobbiden in the tournoment
Jul 9, 2017 11:47 PM

Sep 2011
elior1 said:
amarti201 said:

Fusion dance? Not like people interrupt that kind of stuff in Dragon ball.
Jul 9, 2017 11:50 PM
Jun 2011
OriginANIME said:
elior1 said:

Fusion dance? Not like people interrupt that kind of stuff in Dragon ball.
i mean to those earrings that let you fuse
Jul 10, 2017 12:18 AM

Dec 2016
Does anyone know the ost for this episode at 17:22 around for when Zen-Oh is erasing Universe 10
Jul 10, 2017 12:25 AM
Oct 2016
Here is something to think about. I can't remember which episode but Whis and Beerus do a little reflecting. Whis asks Beerus why he didnt destroy Earth and why he likes Goku so much. Beerus then asks the same thing to Whis and hints that maybe Whis was training Goku so Goku can fight Beerus some day. And Whis replies, well maybe he was training Goku to fight himself one day.

What if Whis knows something is about to go down?
Jul 10, 2017 12:58 AM
Oct 2016
I wonder if the universe 6 is erased the Beerus speaks to the Champa "Good luck brother"
Jul 10, 2017 3:57 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
That Grand Priest smug face was kinda disturbing, seems he enjoyed seeing a universe being erased.

Was it really need for Goku and Vegeta to go SS Blue? I thought SS 2 was enough to stop those 3 wolves.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jul 10, 2017 8:39 AM

Mar 2014
Most of Y'all thought this was just a fight of fun and true power, to just have your universe "Supposedly" destroyed or sit it out until the end....I DONT THINK SO!

Zeno isn't your normal childish omni king anymore, hes De Omni King and this episode has shown his loving cute self is just a omnipotent God whos wants awesome fighting or prefers destroying universes.

Great Episode, always happy to see my man Vegeta kicking ass espcailly alongside Boku. Can't wait to see Krillin and 18 tag team finally, Earth's strongest and best couple!
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Jul 10, 2017 8:51 AM

Jul 2014
Well, Universe 9 had it coming... not surprising. RIP Trio de Dangers
Jul 10, 2017 11:34 AM
Mar 2014
People who thought Zeno-sama (an omnipotent God) wouldn't follow through with his claims of erasure, are just as naive as Goku. Especially when it's known that Zeno-sama has erased SIX universes from existence, BEFORE our current 12... So of course he's not bluffing when he makes such claims, and the Gods of destruction are rightfully in constant fear of him, knowing this fact and his power.

You have to understand that deleting universes (HIS creations) is NOT an act of "evil" in Zeno's eyes. He made them, so he's allowed to erase them (this is EXACTLY like a video game to him). And I doubt any of you have ever batted an eye or felt sympathy, to the lives of your Sims, or any other video game characters you've deleted... in fact, I bet you even "smiled" in the end.
Jul 10, 2017 12:11 PM

May 2015
Goku the real murder of universes.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jul 10, 2017 4:24 PM

Nov 2016
A magnificent episode as always , Goku isn't there yet he's still warming up for the serious fight those guys were just a warm-up so yea look forward to Goku's full potential , Can't even imagine how mighty he'll be later damn it , SO EXCITED CAN'T DESCRIBE CAN'T EVEN SPEAK FFS ... And i really hated the smug that the angel from universe 9 did , I mean what is his intention because that looked pure Evil to me ... Anyways , Best scene in this episode , Goku and Vegeta's synchronized attack it was so goddamn DOPEEEEEE AND EPICCCCCCC I STARTED JUMPING AND I STARTED BREATHING HARD IT'S JUST FANTASTIC BECAUSE THAT RARELY HAPPENS , GOKU AND VEGETA BACK TO BACK JUST WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWW SERIOUSLY <3 <3 ..... ANYWAYS , Can't wait for more and i won't even bother imagining what's going to happen next so it's kinda pointless xDD , Yup i'm ready for more ( Hopefully ) , Looking Forward !!!!
IamanotakuuuJul 10, 2017 4:31 PM
Jul 10, 2017 4:28 PM

Nov 2016
Rayrin said:
That Grand Priest smug face was kinda disturbing, seems he enjoyed seeing a universe being erased.

Was it really need for Goku and Vegeta to go SS Blue? I thought SS 2 was enough to stop those 3 wolves.

I think the creator of dragon ball super ( Akira ) is making us get used to super saiyan blue like a lot because he wants to surprise us so bad with their next transformation especially Goku's and i think he'll succeed {-': C:
Jul 10, 2017 6:17 PM

Jun 2013
shit already one universe is erased and it looks like the angels are planning something
Jul 11, 2017 3:10 AM
Oct 2016
Iamanotakuuu said:

I think the creator of dragon ball super ( Akira ) is making us get used to super saiyan blue like a lot because he wants to surprise us so bad with their next transformation

Seeing as SSB doesn't bring new powers/abilities and the design is just a color-swap, I'm not expecting anything awesome from Akira's mind.
Jul 11, 2017 6:27 AM

Nov 2016
SSJ4Life said:
Iamanotakuuu said:

I think the creator of dragon ball super ( Akira ) is making us get used to super saiyan blue like a lot because he wants to surprise us so bad with their next transformation

Seeing as SSB doesn't bring new powers/abilities and the design is just a color-swap, I'm not expecting anything awesome from Akira's mind.

SSB doesn't bring new power powers or abilities that's true but it enhances the user's power a loooooooooooooooottt and when Goku transformed into the SSB for the first time it was like " Woah a new transformation , looks gooood and powerful " so it was like a rare transformation and a new one so that's why he's making us get used to it so we get surprised in the next one , It's just a theory but i hope that happens for real , It might not be a transformation but something that's related to a transformation or something but yup let's wait and see !!!
Jul 11, 2017 9:14 AM
Jan 2010
Ulquiorra said:
Wtf, I thought that Zen-oh was joking when he said he will erase the losing universes, it's too cruel.

It's the archangel controlling them because they're too stupid to think anything by themselves.
Jul 12, 2017 9:02 AM

Apr 2012
Shit got real now...
I wonder if this will affect Gokou when he realized he just facilitated the death and destruction of countless lives regardless of whether it was his idea or not? I know for a fact Freeza would be ecstatic.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Jul 12, 2017 6:18 PM

Jun 2016
Janethan23 said:
Shit got real now...
I wonder if this will affect Gokou when he realized he just facilitated the death and destruction of countless lives regardless of whether it was his idea or not? I know for a fact Freeza would be ecstatic.

Well by doing that he gave the universes that were going to be destroyed anyway a chance to survive.
But Yeah it seemed that Goku thought that Zeno who seemed so friendly for him Wouldnt destroy the universes. but after this episode you can see Goku Serious Face, So i guess he is thinking on something to save the universes.
Jul 13, 2017 10:31 AM

Apr 2012
IcyGlacier said:
Janethan23 said:
Shit got real now...

Well by doing that he gave the universes that were going to be destroyed anyway a chance to survive.
But Yeah it seemed that Goku thought that Zeno who seemed so friendly for him Wouldnt destroy the universes. but after this episode you can see Goku Serious Face, So i guess he is thinking on something to save the universes.

I hope they show Freeza's expression after the erasure of U9. They should make Freeza thank Gokou in a sarcastic and sinister way for being part of this genocide.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Jul 13, 2017 11:20 AM

Dec 2012
That smirk proves the angels are the real villains.

Jul 15, 2017 11:06 AM
Oct 2016
Iamanotakuuu said:

SSB doesn't bring new power powers or abilities that's true but it enhances the user's power a loooooooooooooooottt

Yeah, like always.

There are 5 canon transformations already (without counting sub-forms) it's stagnant, cheap, and unnecessary.

You have every right to be hyped, but I'm not.
Jul 15, 2017 11:32 AM

Nov 2016
SSJ4Life said:
Iamanotakuuu said:

SSB doesn't bring new power powers or abilities that's true but it enhances the user's power a loooooooooooooooottt

Yeah, like always.

There are 5 canon transformations already (without counting sub-forms) it's stagnant, cheap, and unnecessary.

You have every right to be hyped, but I'm not.

I don't know about those canon transformations but i hope he does make a new one that's related to the series , Anyways yup I'm so hyped and waiting for tomorrow's episode 👌👌
Jul 15, 2017 4:51 PM

Mar 2010
Zeno really seems to carefree after erasing a universe.. like how desensitized do you need to be.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 17, 2017 1:42 PM
Oct 2016
Iamanotakuuu said:

I don't know about those canon transformations

I bet you do:

SS, SS2, SS3, SSG, SSB.

Sub-forms: SS 2nd Grade, A.K.A. Super Vegeta, SS Third Grade, A.K.A. Super Trunks.
Jul 17, 2017 7:19 PM

Feb 2015
Universe 9 got destroyed, it was all their fault due to their decision to go after Goku before everyone else. Goku and Vegeta are such great fighters.
Jul 18, 2017 1:36 PM

Nov 2016
SSJ4Life said:
Iamanotakuuu said:

I don't know about those canon transformations

I bet you do:

SS, SS2, SS3, SSG, SSB.

Sub-forms: SS 2nd Grade, A.K.A. Super Vegeta, SS Third Grade, A.K.A. Super Trunks.

Those are not canons man , They alpeared in the anime so how are they canon ?? ( Canon means sometging that didn't appear neither in the anime or the manga ) I'm not sure of that but if I'm wrong then correct me and thanks :)
Jul 19, 2017 10:10 AM
Oct 2016
Iamanotakuuu said:

Those are not canons man

Yes, yes they are.

Well, SSG & SSB is a different deal, so canon-ish.

Iamanotakuuu said:

They alpeared in the anime so how are they canon ?? ( Canon means sometging that didn't appear neither in the anime or the manga ) I'm not sure of that but if I'm wrong then correct me and thanks :)

Yep, you're wrong.

In this case canon it's the term used to identify something from the author and not a scene/story added by Toei.

In DB & DBZ Toei added scenes, sometimes even arcs, to give Akira more time to get more chapters in the manga so they can animate those, that is called filler.

In DBS however, the anime was produced in advance because Toei want as much episodes as possible, and manga takes more time.

Still, filler keeps being a factor, this time to give Akira more time to write the story and create new designs.

For example, prior to December there was an announcement that Akira was about to reveal DBS next arc, meanwhile Toei needed to create filler between the Future Trunks arc and the unannounced at the time, Survival Tournament arc.

The episodes between those 2 arcs, are filler, thus not canon.

For example, they were some fans that wanted Paikuhan in team 7 for the Tournament of Power, but that wouldn't be possible as Paikuhan is a filler character from a filler arc.
Jul 25, 2017 6:58 AM

Apr 2014
Holy shit! Universe 9 is erased by Zen-Oh! And these fucking angel smiles. Even the Grand Priest cannot hide that he's amused.
Dec 10, 2017 11:38 AM

Sep 2011
That smile was really suspicious. Goku and Vegeta fighting together was amazing.
Dec 30, 2017 9:50 PM

Feb 2009
One has to wonder why all these powerful beings called the angel race are catering to those weaker than them.
Apr 25, 2018 2:49 AM

Aug 2015
well this is so far in dub in my language. its meh still prefer japanese.

Apr 30, 2018 11:33 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The 9th Universe lost all the members and .....DISAPPEARED!!!! :!
Do in this Battle Royale only fight the 7th Universe? I don´t understand how in a Battle Royale only were eliminated the members that throw the 7th Universe members!!!
If not mistaken, the 9th Universe, were the more weeks!!!!
Apr 30, 2018 11:34 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The Vegeta and Goku combo was cool too!!!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

102 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 66 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2016

352 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 8:46 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

57 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 18, 10:34 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 62 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2016

93 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 18, 10:28 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 60 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2016

98 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 18, 9:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.