Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 8, 2017 12:34 PM

Jul 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The day was saved by journalists, LOL :D

And once again a really good series ends prematurely, without proper conclusion (that's how I feel and I hope I'm not the only one). I would love to see (and hear) more.
Oct 1, 2019 6:14 AM

Aug 2015
this was good, i liked it. Idols in jet planes shooting drones and then singing. This is the most anime anime ever.
plentiful boob jiggling and sexy lines but no grabby ecchi, bonus!
very nice story and animation, I made a lot of gifs
these girls are badass

the only thing is, it doesn't make sense that a thrid world country has AI airplanes, and this dictator gives his name as if we are supposed to know who he is. Is he some eccentric tech billionaire who bought his own country to purse his anti-globalist agenda or something? I think one or two lines of dialogue during the UN briefing scene in episode 3 would have improved it.

these last two episodes had a dramatic art and tone shift from the first two, becoming darker in color and more serious in tone.

I'm reminded of anime like the Magnificent Kotobuki and 801st Airbats, but i think I can say easily Hummingbirds is my favorite anime girls in planes anime.

and Jeeps

Jul 3, 2022 2:41 AM

Jan 2021
The last two episodes felt like a different show than the first half. Did they change studios or something? Some of the characters, like the mother, I didn't even recognize until quite a while later. And I didn't get the ending, they said it's their final show, but didn't that one guy say he got UN permission for their mission, meaning they are still in contention for the award?

I was surprised to see this based off an LN, because with how many songs are in it I thought it was a real new idol group trying to get more famous using an anime to get their songs out.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Idol Bouei-tai Hummingbird Episode 3 Discussion

mozgow - Jul 8, 2017

2 by cloudtheclow »»
May 3, 2023 4:12 AM

Poll: » Idol Bouei-tai Hummingbird Episode 1 Discussion

mozgow - Jul 8, 2017

2 by dethomori »»
Sep 14, 2021 1:50 PM

Poll: » Idol Bouei-tai Hummingbird Episode 2 Discussion

mozgow - Jul 8, 2017

1 by glassknuckles »»
Oct 1, 2019 6:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.