Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jul 12, 2017 2:38 AM
Jan 2017
dmr said:
Episode 15 Preview

Shark seems to be having it well.
Jul 12, 2017 9:28 AM
Aug 2013
Honestly, the show was going into a good direction. The meta recap episode was pure genius. And then you give me characters like Suruga spouting stupidities like, "No matter what happens to the world, it won't affect what we do?" If the world ends, you're gonna die and not be able to do anything anymore. If they had made these characters skeptical of the whole thing, I might buy into it, but having believe the situation and then be indifferent to it because "only my work as an artist matters" is borderline trash writing. I'm sorry, but I really can't have the slightest sympathy for characters that are so self-centered they would let a truck drive over them than stop what they are doing to consider the world around them. If the story's intention was to take a deeper look into the relations between characters, creators and the real world around them, it should have avoided the "world destruction" plot. Because, when you have the fate of the world at stake, I very much doubt anyone would be so carefree as those characters and believe even less the government would allow them to be so. If martial law is not enough motivation, try holding their families hostages or something. When literally the world will be destroyed if they don't win, the end obviously justifies any means necessary. And having them play nice in the end feels totally contrived. They are either rational people who behave according to the situation or selfish morons. They can't be both.
ikarishinji49Jul 12, 2017 9:32 AM
Jul 12, 2017 4:09 PM
Oct 2013
Mamika has already been replaced

We need a new pink hair! lol
Jul 12, 2017 7:29 PM
Jan 2017
ikarishinji49 said:
And then you give me characters like Suruga spouting stupidities like, "No matter what happens to the world, it won't affect what we do?" If the world ends, you're gonna die and not be able to do anything anymore.

Nobody quite knows what is going to happen including us who have seen everything that is supposed to matter and there's been nothing that happened to demonstrate the potential of a great destruction so far so it's not her fault if she chooses not to care about it at all.
Jul 12, 2017 7:34 PM
Jul 2014
SigOpram said:
Mamika has already been replaced

We need a new pink hair! lol

From the trailer, it looks like her power might literally be to make others fall head-over-heels for her.
Jul 13, 2017 1:13 AM
Aug 2013
Cour_Victor said:
ikarishinji49 said:
And then you give me characters like Suruga spouting stupidities like, "No matter what happens to the world, it won't affect what we do?" If the world ends, you're gonna die and not be able to do anything anymore.

Nobody quite knows what is going to happen including us who have seen everything that is supposed to matter and there's been nothing that happened to demonstrate the potential of a great destruction so far so it's not her fault if she chooses not to care about it at all.

As I said, if they were shown as skeptical of the whole thing (perfectly understandable), it would be OK. But it didn't look like that to me. It looked like the one-dimensional take on a character that only cares about one thing in the world (namely, her drawings), and I really dislike that kind of character. I started watching this anime because the premise was interesting and they seemed to be avoiding the stereotypical characters. Shirobako, for instance, has a truckload of characters and none of them are this kind of one-personality-trait character.
Jul 13, 2017 2:10 AM
Jan 2017
ikarishinji49 said:
Cour_Victor said:

As I said, if they were shown as skeptical of the whole thing (perfectly understandable), it would be OK. But it didn't look like that to me. It looked like the one-dimensional take on a character that only cares about one thing in the world (namely, her drawings), and I really dislike that kind of character. I started watching this anime because the premise was interesting and they seemed to be avoiding the stereotypical characters. Shirobako, for instance, has a truckload of characters and none of them are this kind of one-personality-trait character.

I'm not gonna argue if a character is one dimensional or not since everyone has their own convictions but Suruga is not at fault for being along the ride as a desentesized individual as a character. She is presented through her work.

ikarishinji49 said:
When literally the world will be destroyed if they don't win, the end obviously justifies any means necessary. And having them play nice in the end feels totally contrived. They are either rational people who behave according to the situation or selfish morons. They can't be both.

The show doesn't overdramatize anything other than battles, it didn't give Selesia an existential crisis or any of the creations when it could. It was the same when it got Rui up to speed back in episode 5 or had the government briefing they had in the same episode. They kept functioning as they used to with the added information about the revelation that anime is in fact real.

Besides there is no point in stressing out the creators. The key is to keep everything going like they always did before so that the audience doesn't realise something fishy or out of the ordinary is going on. They won't be paying attention to the powerups the protagonists will get if they are aware that they are really out there for a fight.
Cour_VictorJul 13, 2017 2:46 AM
Jul 13, 2017 8:27 AM

Mar 2013
Lol, Suruga speaks in Kansai dialect.
Jul 13, 2017 8:11 PM

Jun 2015
Skipped OP.

A decent episode, seems like the pacing may start to pick itself up, though hopefully with the inclusion of new characters, it doesn't take a step back.
"Hurry up with my damn croissants."
Jul 14, 2017 6:15 AM
Oct 2007
I'm starting to get immersed into the story!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 14, 2017 10:23 AM
Jan 2017
I watched this episode yesterday and I've already forgot half of what happened. I know I'm not the only one to say this but this anime really needs to get the thumb out. The last episode looked promising but this one was just a bore, that could have been condensed to half its length.

I really want to like this anime, it managed to get more than the standard 13 episodes, so it can a decent paced story. on top of being a completely original title. No manga, light novel adaption bullshit. That's a giant ass risk and shows they found someone to gamble on this.

I personally preferred show that not scared to take its time and develop it story characters and lore. Which kills me to see this fall so bloody short.

Maybe if I re-watch it so time after it finished airing and it works if you bench it in large chunks. Now I feel like I’m going out of the way just to defined this title.
Jul 15, 2017 2:37 AM

Jul 2016
It's official. Kikuchihara is rule 63 Agent Colson.
So we have finally began the Elimination Chamber Festival Initiative, and all the production staff are working their asses off to meet the deadline, but it's not as simple as it may seem. Yatoji and Matsubara aren't in terms with how the story should fit and Marine is having doubts about her art style. Thankfully, this is resolved later on and they all get along and get things into gear.
The real highlight on the other hand, is the new look of the OP and the ED. The OP is amazing, and is worthy of an episode of 'What's in an OP' from Mother's Basement, and the ED is giving a lot of Shirobako vibes. Not surprising since this show is Shirobako, with added action. And there are TWO new characters coming in, one from what is supposed to be a Rom-Com, while the other is,
Oh shit! It's the protagonist form Exclusive Underground! Now shit's going to hit the fan, and it is going to be glorious!
ONWARDS! Away from homework and on to more anime!!!
Jul 15, 2017 9:01 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
i liked it the other OP song!!!
Sota wants to introduce a new mistery character, what it will the power of this misterious character? something with the time? :/l
Jul 15, 2017 10:40 AM

Nov 2016
A lot of arguing in this episode but eventually they reached to an agreement !! A great build-up episode for this arc and i think Sota's idea is gonna make this a lot more thrilling than it is now <3 , And 2 new Creations appeared but only one of them was shown and i hope they become our allies not our enemies , The Op is really Amazing and kinda catchy and the Ed is great too , The fight between the Creators is kinda complicated for them , I mean like all of them have different ideas and they struggle to choose the best one , It's a really hard choice for them and i think Sota's doing everything he can , He suggested a weird idea but I think it's going to work and it's going to help plenty , I'm not that sure tho ... Anyways , A great episode and I seriously can't just can't wait for this battle to start i really can't describe the Hypeeeeee <3 <3 <3 and I'm ready for more ( Hopefully , HOPEFULLY ) , Looking Forward !!!!
Jul 15, 2017 5:40 PM

Jul 2012
Corinthians, is that you?
So, this symbol is (or look a lot like) a symbol from a Brazilian football club lololololol

Jul 16, 2017 12:50 AM
Apr 2017
jakkubus said:
zeero0 said:
thats called building the pace dude, maybe there will be season 2

Building pace in the middle of series. What a brillaint idea. Would be even better if the people in charge of this anime could actually handle pacing, which so far was consistently their biggest fuck-up so far.

u must be fate zero lover ? ;3
Jul 16, 2017 12:54 AM
Apr 2017
Axelucard said:
the new OP is kinda meh

haters statement is invalid
Jul 16, 2017 9:03 AM

Jun 2013
zeero0 said:
Axelucard said:
the new OP is kinda meh

haters statement is invalid

if you say so bro xD
Jul 19, 2017 9:11 PM

Jan 2013
New OP, and it's so awesome! Love it! This anime has some of the best OP of the season.
A new character appeared? Interesting.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jul 21, 2017 7:30 PM

Feb 2015
So they're gonna create an original story involving all the characters in order to defeat Altair.
That ending really demostrate animatiors work.
Jul 22, 2017 5:30 PM

Feb 2013
Boring, talk talk talk. I want Altair to crash their party.
So what will happen if the audience sides with Altair?

At least the new OP song is good.
Jul 23, 2017 6:31 AM

Sep 2013
New OP is good, but 1st was better. Anyway the ep revolved around the strategy to build a bird-cage for the final showdown with Altair &co.

Also, Sota despite calling himself 'narrator', sure emphasizes 'boku' with such force as he's the MC calling the shots.
Aug 6, 2017 10:09 PM
May 2017
Good episode that reminds me of why we don't see to many crossovers in fiction.
I love the new Op and the new Ed.
The first is a nice action beat and the ending is a nice 4th wall break. Both (the OP more the ED) leave hints at Altair's sympathetic side.
Aug 11, 2017 6:35 AM

Jan 2011
New OP is an improvement just because it doesn't show dickhead MC dramatically putting on glasses.
Sep 21, 2017 11:08 AM

Jul 2009
For the new OP we will have 2 new characters, that girl in the end and a new boy...
Sep 24, 2017 8:09 AM

Jun 2009
Wow, I can't believe THAT is where the conflict ist coming from now...
Dec 12, 2017 6:12 PM

Sep 2011
Damn the new OP is sick!
Dec 25, 2017 6:59 PM

Mar 2016
Weakest episode from this series 'til now I think...
azertz99Dec 25, 2017 7:07 PM
Feb 1, 2018 5:51 AM

Dec 2016
For a setup episode, it was pretty solid. And the whole storyline of following the Creators behind the scenes as they work hard to get their stories done/a way to connect them well it was pretty interesting
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Feb 22, 2018 9:57 PM

Mar 2015
lol a heroine from romance series appeared! would be funny if she got to be the one who fight Magane.

Mar 7, 2018 4:49 AM

Mar 2015
The new OP and ED are nice! Looks like it confirms Mamika's irreversible death.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Mar 31, 2018 6:23 AM

May 2012
New OP & ED which are totally awesome! Especially that ending! With the OP we also see some new characters and get one of those already at the ending of this episode! Well looking forwards to see what's next.
Mar 23, 2019 9:36 PM

Jul 2009
Love the new OP! Tielle is awesome!!!

I like the idea, but it's a shame there's only a few episodes left. I really wouldn't be surprise if the ending ends with so much potential wasted.

Ah well, almost there anyways! Let's do this!
Jul 25, 2020 10:48 AM

Jan 2010
I'm enjoying the idea of an overpowered OC fueled by an entire fandom's headcanon. It makes me think of Touhou and how crazy power level discussions can get with how much is extrapolated from the original games and distorted by fan interpretations.

The plan for a huge multi-series collab feels like an editorially mandated western comic book crossover event, featuring a scenario akin to Secret Wars, Blackest Night, or Infinite Crisis. This is even worse in the anime/manga world, where the concept of a shared universe are only possible when self-contained within a franchise, such as Type-MOON, CLAMP, Gundam, Science Adventure by 5pb., Pretty Cure, or works by Leiji Matsumoto or Ken Akamatsu. A proper crossover event in the anime/manga world would be akin to chibi spinoffs (Isekai Quartet), spinoff games (Shounen Jump fighters, Dengeki Bunko), or PVs advertising multiple franchises within a publication.

A proper crossover event anime though, which includes collaborative writing, power scaling, and scenarios to accommodate for every disconnected series? Fiction is the place for impossible concepts to be explored, and a grand crossover anime is, in fact, a near impossible concept. I'm fascinated by Re:Creators and its meta take on appealing to viewers, maintaining writing consistency, taking consideration for characters' feelings within their worlds, and understanding the pressures in place for creators when developing their works. I just wish that Re:Creators was a bit better as an actual show though, as the show's overall conflict seems to be a vehicle to communicate its theories and impressions of the nature of Japanese media in a post-internet world. At the moment, Re:Creators feels more like it's struggling to be a show meta commentaries with a shoehorned plot about saving the world.
Mar 3, 2021 2:50 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Yeah this show is just pretty much shirabako meets fate:zero LOL

Both eds are just alright, new op is fine as well but I still like the first one better :)

I get a lot of slack for this but bear with me. All the talking in this show is making it feel like a drag. Now you're probably going to say, "just because it's all dialogue doesn't mean it's bad, not everything has to be all action, if you have a short attention span then go watch some shounen." -and you'd be absolutely right. The problem is that it's poorly paced. Now I'm no expert and can't exactly put my finger on it, but think about re:zero, particularly its second season. It's basically all dialogue, and at first I thought it was a drag. But then I rewatched it with a more open mind and with some helpful fans helping me understand it, and then I appreciated it much more, even though I admit I do have a short attention span and if it's all talk and doesn't interest me, I will be turned off. But I learned to like it, and now think it's pretty good.

The difference here in re:creators is that I don't see it paced as well. Re:zero S2 P2 episodes are all half an hour long but they feel short, even though most of it is dialogue. Now these re:creator episodes are not as long but they feel twice as long for me. Maybe it's just me who is not as interested in what they have to say, but I do believe that it is nowhere near paced as well as re:zero. It's just not structured well, one thing does not lead well into another. It's like the just took a bunch of talking scenes and then threw them together with no sense of cohesiveness or direction. Is that to mean what they are talking about has no substance? Not at all, everything that is said is pretty important to the story. They're just not placed in the best positions.

Now while you would come to believe that this is an action heavy anime as I did especially coming off of the first episode, it's really not isn't it. That's why I'm slightly disappointed as they make it look one way when it's really more of a psychological drama actually if you think about it, lol. But that shouldn't make the show worse, it can even perhaps elevate it if it's done right, the lack of action, that is. I personally would just wish to have some balls to the wall action more evenly spaced out, instead of cramming it all into one episode and then having all the other episodes just being chit chat. That's just my personal preference though, I wouldn't count it as a critique of the show, just bare minimum nitpick.

If you really love this show and are invested in the characters, sorry to rain on your parade with this post. Trust me, after that first episode, my action loving ass was super ready to just love this show and slap a solid 9/10 on this. But if I'm being honest the pacing is pretty lackluster, the characters are pretty flat, and while the overall concept and premise is creative and intriguing, I just don't think they're making the most of this potential.

Soundtrack still fucking slaps though xD. Maybe a bit too extra in some places but it's nice to have this kind of music which I'd say is different from the norm

NYANPASU
5700XT

Sep 1, 2021 12:23 PM
Aug 2017
New opening is hella mad
Jan 17, 2023 11:52 AM
Jun 2012
Too much explaining when it's already blatantly obvious.
Oct 22, 2023 8:41 PM

Nov 2022
Woow new character and that ending is cute and the new character is cuter
Jan 2, 11:12 PM

Aug 2019
Ok episode. The plot has definitely ramped up now that the government has come in full swing with funding, but huh a ~6 month time skip i didn't expect. I guess we see from Meteora's side the initial execution and the mid / end result of the festivals announcement, but also some of the tension from limited time and probably a lot of pressure the writes are feeling to push this work out.

Oh boy i'm looking forward to what idea Souta's about to throw in, i feel like all these writers who are playing an important role in saving the world then allowing Souta to join in on the fun, is essentially the studio throwing him a bone to stay relevant to the plot since there's nothing else he can do. Like this episode was truly an eye opener to me to just how little placement he has rn in the story to participate to the group besides moral support and self growth, like i couldn't help but pity him at the end.

Hella interested to know what Altair's been doing, i'm guessing she's been waiting it out for the new creations to pop out and recruit them since her end goal kinda boils down to patience and having lots of creations in the world so killing them wouldn't help her goal, but at the same time i'd be kinda surprised to find out if she had done 0 things to try and interrupt or destroy the festival, like they showed the festival was gaining traction and surely she would of heard about it early on and at least threat assessed it to why the entire enemy faction and government have gone defensive to focus on this festive, i'm confident she also has more then enough power to personally do skirmishes and dwindle the resources on Meteora's side low enough in 6 months, but at the same time letting the enemy faction essentially ~6 month of any major uninterrupted prep time seems kinda throwing.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2017

400 by The_Wicker_Man »»
Apr 7, 1:52 AM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2017

236 by The_Wicker_Man »»
Apr 4, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2017

122 by KirinMeta2 »»
Apr 3, 3:33 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2017

306 by AndrersVonPanda »»
Mar 3, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Is Altair the most powerful anime character we have seen yet in any anime? (spoiler) ( 1 2 3 4 )

LelouchXLuluko - Sep 4, 2017

169 by Raptors0verlord »»
Jan 28, 6:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.