Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kakegurui - Compulsive Gambler -
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jul 9, 2017 1:05 PM

Mar 2013
MonogatariLSD said:
juicykitten95 said:

She is not evil , she likes taking huge risks but she also wants her opponent to take a huge risk as well cuz feeling the pain alone is not fun (same goes for the other way around)

Rich kids always gamble with low stakes , 200K $ is a small gamble when you have millions.
However yabami will always try to find a way to make her opponent take a huge risk as well even at the cost of lowering her own chances. Now she tried to blackmail the nail girl by exposing her cheat and ruining her family company but when she saw how much of a pussy the nail girl is yumeko gave up. In other words yabami has no ill intentions.

So Yumeko is just in it for the adrenaline rush and the thrills... which I guess would explain her going after the richer students or the ones held in high esteem. I doubt she'd have much fun playing against some noob who "only" bets $100 at a time :P I can't wait to watch her defeat the whole student council... *hopefully*

It's not that she would get bored but more that non of them would even dare to gamble against her xD
Jul 9, 2017 1:06 PM

Sep 2016
Luminlight said:

Did you really compare Shira to the psychotic faces in this show. Never knew raping a girl you just cut her limbs off was similar to making horny faces during a "gambling" session. I guess they are similar in the horny factor though. One is actually terrifying and the other is funny.

He's clearly saying that they are both your usual crazy characters with the faces they make and how extremely excited they become from what they're doing. Are you even reading his posts? Honestly, I think you're trolling.

And Yumeko is dangerous in the sense that she will make sure that you will risk a great aspect of yourself with her in gambles that can pretty much ruin your own life or positioning in a heartbeat if you lose against her. She gets excitement for risking something so big that leaves herself and yourself very tensed and worried that will, at the end, leave you in great despair when defeated by her.

I already said before that she reminded me Alucard when it comes to gambling, but (danganronpa spoilers):

ultravigo said:
Zahylon said:
>ITT, people who watch anime they don't like, so they can comment about how much they don't like it. But still watch it.

>"Ha, yea guys, this anime is so bad, but I still watch it just to laught at it!"

It's /a/ all over again. You can enjoy an anime even if it's over the top edgy or unrealistic.

I'm enjoying this anime a lot, It's full of nearly imposible feats, and exagerated psycho faces... but still gets my attention for 24 minutes.
People can watch and enjoy anime as well as criticize it.When will people understand it?If people watch it just to hate it without reason than it's another thing or those people are a hardcore M.And don't use green text outside of that Italian image board desu.

It's true that you can watch while criticizing, but if you find something as trash for what it is and yet you still watch it, even if you watch it as something different from what it is, then coming into the comments to just yell out that it's trash when taken seriously doesn't sound any better than just continuing to watch something to hate on what it really is.
Surpreme_SquashJul 9, 2017 1:14 PM
Jul 9, 2017 1:10 PM

Feb 2015
This is my favorite anime of Summer 2017 after BNHA.

it's kinda like it's really weird but it is so awesome. The faces get me every time and that punishment must have been really painful. I like the Kaiji vibe I get from this.
Jul 9, 2017 1:13 PM

Aug 2016
This anime is just screaming masterpiece in the making. My goodness.
Jul 9, 2017 1:16 PM

Jul 2017
Surpreme_Squash said:
Luminlight said:

Did you really compare Shira to the psychotic faces in this show. Never knew raping a girl you just cut her limbs off was similar to making horny faces during a "gambling" session. I guess they are similar in the horny factor though. One is actually terrifying and the other is funny.

He's clearly saying that they are both your usual crazy characters with the faces they make and how extremely excited they become from what they're doing. Are you even reading his posts? Honestly, I think you're trolling.

Shira doesn't make those crazy face. He isn't over exaggerated. They are in no way similar, and the themes of the story aren't similar either. So the comparison doesn't work. Even with the explanation of Yumeko's character you gave me just further shows how different they are.

You're telling me this face right here where he did something super manipulative to the female main character is the same level of crazy face in this series? This looks like a casual laugh.
Jul 9, 2017 1:25 PM

Sep 2016
Luminlight said:
Surpreme_Squash said:

Shira doesn't make those crazy face. He isn't over exaggerated. They are in no way similar, and the themes of the story aren't similar either.

This is when I not only laugh at your post, since Shira clearly does make your usual exaggerated crazy faces that many series love to do when it comes to showing an insane character, but once again think that you are trolling, because it doesn't even look like you're listening, where I've said that it's the excitement and behavior FROM what they are doing that is similar. What they are actually doing was not the point of his comment.
Jul 9, 2017 1:31 PM

Jul 2017
Surpreme_Squash said:
Luminlight said:

Shira doesn't make those crazy face. He isn't over exaggerated. They are in no way similar, and the themes of the story aren't similar either.

This is when I not only laugh at your post, since Shira clearly does make your usual exaggerated crazy faces that many series loves to do when it comes to showing an insane character, but once again think that you are trolling, because it doesn't even look like you're listening, where I've said that it's the excitement and behavior FROM what they are doing that is similar. What they are actually doing was not the point of his comment.

I'm at the point where I don't even understand why you are replying to me if the point you are trying to make has nothing to do with mine. You're saying that face is equal to this series faces. Now I'm kind of thinking you're the one who is actually trolling.
really this is = to the one I posted? LOL

My point is one actually gives me a real terrifying experience which actually feels threatening. While the other makes me laugh because of how over exaggerated the faces are. I'm talking about the actual action, because what they get out of it doesn't matter to me. What matters is what the action means. Shira is doing something terrifying, this show comes off as immature and funny.
Jul 9, 2017 1:49 PM

Sep 2016
Luminlight said:
Surpreme_Squash said:

This is when I not only laugh at your post, since Shira clearly does make your usual exaggerated crazy faces that many series loves to do when it comes to showing an insane character, but once again think that you are trolling, because it doesn't even look like you're listening, where I've said that it's the excitement and behavior FROM what they are doing that is similar. What they are actually doing was not the point of his comment.

I'm at the point where I don't even understand why you are replying to me if the point you are trying to make has nothing to do with mine. You're saying that face is equal to this series faces. Now I'm kind of thinking you're the one who is actually trolling.

Yes. That is an exaggerated crazy face. Shira makes them too.

All that took was a bit of Google, too.

And I have NEVER said that they have equal faces. Only that they make the usual and similar exaggerated crazy faces like many series does with insane characters. You know who else often makes exaggerated crazy face? The Joker of DC comics, even in extremely serious moments he does and makes. Nothing new.
Surpreme_SquashJul 9, 2017 1:53 PM
Jul 9, 2017 1:51 PM

Aug 2015
Huh your comment makes no sense desu at least for me[I'm confused].I think what you're trying to say is people shouldn't use words such as 'trash' and if they continue to watch a anime series despite saying trash than they are same as people who hates same series without any reason but also who continue to watch it.Am i wrong here?
Jul 9, 2017 1:56 PM

Sep 2016
ultravigo said:
Huh your comment makes no sense desu at least for me[I'm confused].I think what you're trying to say is people shouldn't use words such as 'trash' and if they continue to watch anime despite saying trash than they are same as people who hates same series without any reason but who continue to watch it.Am i wrong here?

Yeah, pretty much. Not that you're wrong, but that you got what I meant. Even if they watch it in a different way, if they hate it and call it trash for what it really is, then it sounds as odd to me as someone who watches whatever they hate for no reason.

I'm not saying that that they are no different, but that they don't really sound any better than the type of people that do watch whatever they hate without really any reason. My apologies for being confusing. Think I can often be like that.
Jul 9, 2017 1:57 PM

Jul 2017
Surpreme_Squash said:
Luminlight said:

And I have NEVER said that they have equal faces. Only that they make the usual and similar exaggerated crazy faces like many series does with insane characters. You know who else often makes exaggerated crazy face? The Joker of DC comics. Nothing new.

Those faces definitely do not look exaggerated to me. Like I said the action matters, what they are doing matters. What reflects their face to bring out that sort of emotion actually matters.

One is hilarity and the other is terrifying. Exaggerated faces are not always a negative. The exaggerated faces in Kakegurui are funny. I loved the faces Hisoka made in the HxH.

There is always meaning behind the reaction. Kakegurui does it in a way that makes me laugh.
Jul 9, 2017 2:00 PM

Feb 2015
This anime had me hyped as fuck funny thing is that 1 user said too me like 2 years ago about kakegurui manga like if you loved kaiji you will like this too. Since i am heavy too get to actually read any manga i just put it on ptr since ages.

Now as for anime itself i think gamling school setting is wicked af, normally i would say fuck school but author seems too handle it very well without those uniforms i would not even remember in which place events are taking place.

These first 2 episodes so far were very addicting, Mary being monster on gamble on her own was great i liked that she seems too have more humanity in her then at first glance would seem. Since even when she had it all in her hands she wanted yumeko to not be totaly ruined into the ground. And her salt is glorious.

Mc so far seem like good type of narrator unlike sota from re creators, this guy is calm when situation is calm and not complete pussy when he is being shited on re telling us his thoughts on those crazy ass mofos that swing with their money and lives without thinking.

Yumeko is best though she seems like type of character that protects those that play their cards straight and clean (literally and figuratively ) but absolutely hates the ones that are playing big dogs while secretly they are just bunch of cowards that need every advantage they can get.

But thing with her that she cant control that masohistic side of her and while she hates dirty players she loves being on edge and the more stakes are against her the more she enjoys the gambling itself which ends up with completely demolished oponents.

As for battle with this nail collecting bitch, the writing legit fooled me into thinking that yumeko lost while being shocked and oblivious how that could happen since match was even until last couple of minutes. But then when she awakened the devil mode in second round, i knew right there that nothing could save nail bitch from losing, but fact that is most glorious is that yumeko knew even in first round what this girl was up too and just let her win too confirm that while not ending up as suspicious.

So much intense not only did she serve her ass and humiliated her, she schooled her for being massive leech of her parents company.

And this time Yumeko was so brutal with those eyes after bitch was down even spit on her face in processes, i was starting too feel sorry for her, dont make yumeko to go serious that is general lesson.

This anime while not having as much themes and psychology of humans outside of gambling which Kaiji did have.

Is really good on its own as far gambling/game anime go this hits all marks

Ending bits with Marry losing too that fugly girl who is 99% from that main group, just screams Hype.

Hopefully that she will give Yumeko more thrills since marry was better gambler then nails chan who without cheat is crap.
Jul 9, 2017 2:05 PM

Mar 2012
Up to episode 2, this series has been more about dramatization than substance. I think episode 1's win made a lot more sense--it was a much simpler game (rock paper scissors), repeated over numerous times (Jabami baited for a while before going in for the kill), and with a much easier tell (any classmate could've made it obvious that they were cheating). This time Jabami pretty much had to notice everything right away in the first round to do what she did in the second round. This can be explained away by her level of intelligence, but felt more like a cop-out than anything else.

Still, this is pretty entertaining. I just hope they come up with better tricks come next time since a series can hardly run on just facial expressions and steamrolling wins by a MC who appears almost omnipotent.
Jul 9, 2017 2:06 PM

Sep 2016
Luminlight said:
Surpreme_Squash said:

And I have NEVER said that they have equal faces. Only that they make the usual and similar exaggerated crazy faces like many series does with insane characters. You know who else often makes exaggerated crazy face? The Joker of DC comics. Nothing new.

Those faces definitely do not look exaggerated to me. Like I said the action matters, what they are doing matters. What reflects their face to bring out that sort of emotion actually matters.

One is hilarity and the other is terrifying. Exaggerated faces are not always a negative. The exaggerated faces in Kakegurui are funny. I loved the faces Hisoka made in the HxH.

There is always meaning behind the reaction. Kakegurui does it in a way that makes me laugh.

I don't see how they aren't exaggerated. With or without blood and despite whatever reason they've made the face, it's still an exaggerated crazy face... and we were only talking about the faces they make. Nothing else. That was what 4Dissinity was trying to talk about as well.

And it wouldn't really sound bad if you didn't call this anime trash for what it is, and that you had to take it as a comedy in order to even find it decent.

I'm not even defending the show, since you can hate on it all you want. It just strikes me as weird when someone like you still watches the same thing that you think is terrible if you instead literally had to view the whole series as something else completely in order to even find it as a bit decent, and this is just because of the insanity of the characters when the sort of aspect isn't anything new even in moments or series that are supposed to be taken seriously.
Surpreme_SquashJul 9, 2017 2:09 PM
Jul 9, 2017 2:16 PM

Jul 2017
Surpreme_Squash said:
Luminlight said:

I don't see how they aren't exaggerated... and we were only talking about the faces they make. Nothing else. That was what 4Dissinity was trying to talk about as well.

And it wouldn't really sound bad if you didn't call this anime trash for what it is, and that you had to take it as a comedy in order to even find it decent.

I'm not even defending the show, since you can hate on it all you want. It just strikes me as weird when someone like you still watches the same thing that you think is terrible if you instead literally had to view the whole series as something else completely in order to even find it as a bit decent, and this is just because of the insanity of the characters when the sort of aspect isn't anything new even in moments or series that are supposed to be taken seriously.

To each his own. I clearly see the different in meaning behind the action in those scenes. So you're telling me the terrifying face shira is making in life and death battle with two giant cuts across his face is an exaggerated expression to his situation? Hmm that seems weird to me.

Well the hilarity in the over exaggerated faces was just funny to me, and seems to be the only decent thing about the series.

What strikes me is that you would even care enough about my own reason to watch the show. Although just to let you know, the funny insanity of the characters is the only good thing I think the show has going for it (as a comedy). Not the reason I don't think it is good. Also I don't dislike the show, I'd give it about a 5/10 up to this point.
LuminlightJul 9, 2017 2:20 PM
Jul 9, 2017 2:59 PM

Sep 2016
Luminlight said:
To each his own. I clearly see the different in meaning behind the action in those scenes. So you're telling me the terrifying face shira is making in life and death battle with two giant cuts across his face is an exaggerated expression to his situation?

Yes, it clearly is, and it is clearly intended to be that way, too. Even in life and death situations can you have an exaggerated expression of insanity, or that you are extremely insane yourself. And the same applies when outside of literal life and death situations, too. Hell, he's included in the Axe-Crazy trope in tvtropes.org.

What strikes me is that you would even care enough about my own reason to watch the show. Although just to let you know, the funny insanity of the characters is the only good thing I think the show has going for it (as a comedy). Not the reason I don't think it is good. Also I don't dislike the show, I'd give it about a 5/10 up to this point.

Well why wouldn't I? You came to a public forum stating your opinion, so you were open for the sort of thing coming to you. If you don't like it then maybe you shouldn't have said anything.

And it's not really of the sort of thing regarding the show that I've cared much about nor your score towards it, but about what you find as an exaggerated face and that you kept focusing on the situations and reasons behind the face and personality instead of the face and personality of the character itself as being the usual very insane character, which was what 4Dissinity was clearly only focused on.
Surpreme_SquashJul 9, 2017 3:03 PM
Jul 9, 2017 3:09 PM

Jun 2015
Gala_Lion said:
MonogatariLSD said:

So Yumeko is just in it for the adrenaline rush and the thrills... which I guess would explain her going after the richer students or the ones held in high esteem. I doubt she'd have much fun playing against some noob who "only" bets $100 at a time :P I can't wait to watch her defeat the whole student council... *hopefully*

It's not that she would get bored but more that non of them would even dare to gamble against her xD

True, although so far since both of her wins are because she saw through the opponent's cheats without them knowing, I would still try facing her in a fair gamble since I'd expect it to be mostly up to luck xP
Jul 9, 2017 3:15 PM

Jul 2017
Surpreme_Squash said:
Luminlight said:
To each his own. I clearly see the different in meaning behind the action in those scenes. So you're telling me the terrifying face shira is making in life and death battle with two giant cuts across his face is an exaggerated expression to his situation?

Yes, it clearly is, and it is clearly intended to be that way, too. Even in life and death situations can you have an exaggerated expression of insanity, or that you are extremely insane yourself. And the same applies when outside of literal life and death situations, too. Hell, he's included in the Axe-Crazy trope in tvtropes.org.

Well why wouldn't I? You came to a public forum stating your opinion, so you were open for the sort of thing coming to you. If you don't like it then maybe you shouldn't have said anything.

And it's not really of the sort of thing regarding the show that I've cared much about nor your score towards it, but about what you find as an exaggerated face and that you kept focusing on the situations and reasons behind the face and personality instead of the face and personality of the character itself as being the usual very insane character, which was what 4Dissinity was clearly only focused on.

Clearly isn't exaggerated. He looks terrifying in the expression, and not once am I looking at it thinking it is an exaggeration to his situation. He has two giant cuts on his face, something dangerous is clearly happening. Yet I do not think the expression is an exaggeration. I find it weird that you do though, probably one of the straws you are grasping at.

Well thanks for caring. I actually like it that you took your time to talk to me.

I gave you my score to support the fact that I don't find the show terrible. To me the show feels like a psycho girls comedy show with over exaggerated faces. I have already said and let me just quote my self here, "My point is one actually gives me a real terrifying experience which actually feels threatening. While the other makes me laugh because of how over exaggerated the faces are. I'm talking about the actual action, because what they get out of it doesn't matter to me. What matters is what the action means. Shira is doing something terrifying, this show comes off as immature and funny."
Jul 9, 2017 3:56 PM

May 2017
Woah! This episode was a huge step-up from the last one,like HOT DAMN!
Overall episode was an 8.5/10
Loveed the plot development and introduction of the top gamblers of the school as members of the student council. Also, as well as the foreshadowing for the story and characters themselves. Really hype episode imo, the game that was played all the way to the story unraveling was done beautifully.

Am guessing as Yumeko faces off with the other student council members thy will get crazier and crazier all the way till the president and her lackey

Crazy is an understatement for Yumeko and Saotome, but no complaints here

Crazy is HOT AF
Jul 9, 2017 3:58 PM

Nov 2016
This anime is getting much better and better and it's going to get legendary later i'm so certain of it , I mean the story and the characters explain everything and don't forget about the art it's so damn goooooooooooooooooddd <3 <3 , I just LOVEEEEEEEEE it when Yumeko gets so excited and Psycho and yea btw i call her when she becomes like that << INSANE PSYCHO MODE >> ... Ahem anyways it's just super amazing that she figures out those tiny details i mean howwwwwwwww ??!?!!!!!!! , I really like her character it's so goddamn BADASS and that's the best ... Oh and i feel really sad for Saotome she's in debt with 49 Million now for god's sake i think she's already dead lol , And when Sumeragi started crying and asking for forgiveness i was like ^* THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR FUCKING WITH YOUR SENPAI YOU DUMBASS *^ ..... ANYWAYS it's an amazing and intriguing episode and i assure you it's going to get better and better even beyond imagination , my heart's telling me to get ready xD and I'm READY FOR MORE ( Actually not i might die of over excitement ) WELL FUCK IT GIMME ME MOREEE OF THIS <3 <3 , LOOKING FORWARD !!!!
IamanotakuuuJul 9, 2017 4:04 PM
Jul 9, 2017 4:06 PM

Aug 2015
HaXXspetten said:
Okay so... I absolutely love gambling/game series in general, but I really feel like they're overplaying the "craziness" of the characters here... like it just feels plain unnatural with the exaggerated reaction faces and whatnot. Also it feels like it's mostly the MC winning due to being super OP rather than the solutions to winning the games themselves being all that clever. Idk, I still like it but compared to the likes of Kaiji or Liar Game this is a level or two lower thus far

Same. The over the top insanity and creepiness just kinda distracts the viewer, and the gambling itself doesn't have too much thought put into how matches are overturned. These people are supposed to be sharp-witted, rich heirs and heiresses to fortunes and businesses, having them all be batshit crazy psychopaths/nymphomaniacs and everything else is too much for suspension of disbelief.
Jul 9, 2017 4:17 PM

May 2016
@Luminlight

No, those are definitely over-the-top expressions coming from him pretty clearly. They're not as over-the-top as some of them here (mainly Yumeko's) but they're still over-the-top, regardless. I really don't see how you cannot see that as it looks clear as day to me.

I don't see what you're expecting from here. It showed through various PVs and whatnot how this would have went from the very beginning, and you even went past the first episode, which already showed this sort of thing, yet you continue to watch it and call it bad for what it is, to the point that you have to view it as a comedy to find it decent? What were you expecting from what was already shown through the PVs? It just sounds to me that the type of craziness, while not uncommon, just isn't your thing... and I don't see the problem with the gambling as they are all pretty straightforward to me. The maturity from the insanity is rather confusing, but well, it's a shonen surrounded in high school. I don't expect that much maturity from the characters from the get-go.

AvidAnimeViewer said:
HaXXspetten said:
Okay so... I absolutely love gambling/game series in general, but I really feel like they're overplaying the "craziness" of the characters here... like it just feels plain unnatural with the exaggerated reaction faces and whatnot. Also it feels like it's mostly the MC winning due to being super OP rather than the solutions to winning the games themselves being all that clever. Idk, I still like it but compared to the likes of Kaiji or Liar Game this is a level or two lower thus far

Same. The over the top insanity and creepiness just kinda distracts the viewer, and the gambling itself doesn't have too much thought put into how matches are overturned. These people are supposed to be sharp-witted, rich heirs and heiresses to fortunes and businesses, having them all be batshit crazy psychopaths/nymphomaniacs and everything else is too much for suspension of disbelief.

???

No, they are in school TO graduate as the type of people, not that they actually are. Many of these people are mostly cheaters who already got figured out while trying to repeat the type of cheating that already worked once, which just gave it a more obvious sign and opening of the cheating and in being defeated by her (mainly in this game. In the last one, she still had to get lucky in pulling scissors).

And I don't see how it's that distracting to be honest. Yeah, it's one of the big highlights, but so are the games nonetheless.
AlliedWishesJul 9, 2017 4:22 PM
Jul 9, 2017 4:26 PM

Jul 2017
@AlliedWishes Definitely not over the top. It is his reaction to a life and death situation with two giant slashes on his face with blood coming out of them. Please don't grasp at straws.

You do realize the on thing I like about this anime is the crazy faces, right? It is funny, and the exaggeration gives me a good laugh.

Never called it bad, don't put words into my mouth. I called the gambling bad. I have already seen Kaiji. In terms of gambling, the differences between them in how well the gambling is thought out shows the difference in quality.
Jul 9, 2017 4:37 PM

May 2016
Luminlight said:
@AlliedWishes Definitely not over the top. It is his reaction to a life and death situation with two giant slashes on his face with blood coming out of them. Please don't grasp at straws.

No, that definitely is over-the-top, regardless of the situation he's in. If that's not over-the-top, then people being insane here certainly aren't as they are financially risking and killing themselves for life or even more, along with some betting with great and permanent physical pain like possibly getting your finger nails ripped, as shown here.

Luminlight said:
You do realize the on thing I like about this anime is the crazy faces, right? It is funny, and the exaggeration gives me a good laugh.

Never called it bad, don't put words into my mouth. I called the gambling bad. I have already seen Kaiji. In terms of gambling, the differences between them in how well the gambling is thought out shows the difference in quality

That's not putting words in your mouth. You did call the anime "decent trash" and that's mainly when taken as a comedy, otherwise you find it bad when taken seriously.

Luminlight said:
This show isn't even about gambling... It feels more like a psycho girls comedy show.

As long as I don't take this seriously, it should at least be decent.

and you still didn't answer my other question. What were you expecting from what was already shown through the PVs? What is even wrong with the gambling? Unless you just don't like the games themselves, they have all been straightforward.
Jul 9, 2017 4:46 PM

Jul 2017
AlliedWishes said:
Luminlight said:

No, that definitely is over-the-top, regardless of the situation he's in. If that's not over-the-top, then people being insane here certainly aren't as they are financially risking and killing themselves for life or even more, along with some betting with great and permanent physical pain like possibly getting your finger nails ripped, as shown here.

Luminlight said:

Never called it bad, don't put words into my mouth. I called the gambling bad. I have already seen Kaiji. In terms of gambling, the differences between them in how well the gambling is thought out shows the difference in quality

That's not putting words in your mouth. You did call the anime "decent trash" and that's mainly when taken as a comedy, otherwise you find it bad when taken seriously.

Luminlight said:
This show isn't even about gambling... It feels more like a psycho girls comedy show.

As long as I don't take this seriously, it should at least be decent.

and you still didn't answer my other question. What were you expecting from what was already shown through the PVs? What is even wrong with the gambling? Unless you just don't like the games themselves, they have all been straightforward.

Again not over the top, nice grasping at straws. You should really ask yourself what are they making that face for. Like the blonde haired girl from episode one.

Decent trash =/= bad. Unless you grew up with a different vocabulary than mine. If you didn't then you definitely put words into my mouth. As a comedy it is pretty decent, and that is how I am watching it.

I was expecting well thought out strategic gambling with a nice mature feel to it. Plus I never watch previews for anything. The gambling in essences is too straight forward. The gambling this episode was just, lets figure out the cheat! I didn't feel any build up, and it wasn't intense. It was too straight forward and didn't have anything to do with strategy.
Jul 9, 2017 4:52 PM
Jun 2016
The opening scenes feel clunky but this had episode as a whole was great and it was enjoyable to see that nails girl break.šŸ’…šŸ»
Jul 9, 2017 5:04 PM

May 2016
Luminlight said:
Again not over the top, nice grasping at straws. You should really ask yourself what are they making that face for. Like the blonde haired girl from episode one.

Again, yes, over-the-top. We are only focusing on expressions here.

Luminlight said:
Decent trash =/= bad. Unless you grew up with a different vocabulary than mine. If you didn't then you definitely put words into my mouth. As a comedy it is pretty decent, and that is how I am watching it.

What did I just say?

AlliedWishes said:
You did call the anime "decent trash" and that's mainly when taken as a comedy, otherwise you find it bad when taken seriously.

So what was the point of that comment like I didn't acknowledge what you've said when I obviously did? I did not put words in your mouth. I've said what you have said yourself.

I was expecting well thought out strategic gambling with a nice mature feel to it. Plus I never watch previews for anything. The gambling in essences is too straight forward. The gambling this episode was just, lets figure out the cheat! I didn't feel any build up, and it wasn't intense. It was too straight forward and didn't have anything to do with strategy.

You did still go through the first episode already, though.

So more simplistic gambles automatically = bad? lol. Of course it's going to be "let's figure out the cheat!" if there is any involved. That's what keeps them winning large. In gambling, especially when it involves great risks or prizes, or a suspicious type of winning the game, cheating is not THAT uncommon. There was quite a handful of cheating too in Kaiji IIRC.

And I don't really know what nice mature feeling you were expecting, besides without the over-the-top expressions, which the first episode showed that to you already that this is how it's going.
Jul 9, 2017 5:15 PM

Jul 2017
AlliedWishes said:
Luminlight said:

Again, yes, over-the-top. We are only focusing on expressions here.

Luminlight said:

What did I just say?

AlliedWishes said:
You did call the anime "decent trash" and that's mainly when taken as a comedy, otherwise you find it bad when taken seriously.

So what was the point of that comment like I didn't acknowledge what you've said when I obviously did? I did not put words in your mouth. I've said what you have said yourself.

You did still go through the first episode already, though.

So more simplistic gambles automatically = bad? lol. Of course it's going to be "let's figure out the cheat!" if there is any involved. That's what keeps them winning large. In gambling, especially when it involves great risks or prizes, or a suspicious type of winning the game, cheating is not THAT uncommon. There was quite a handful of cheating too in Kaiji IIRC.

And I don't really know what nice mature feeling you were expecting, besides without the over-the-top expressions, which the first episode showed that to you already that this is how it's going.

Not over the top, the exaggeration is relative to the cause of the expression.

What did you just say? Hmm something you put into my mouth I think.

I never said the anime was bad, I said the gambling was. The show its self is a decent comedy. I am viewing the show as a comedy, therefore to me it isn't bad it is decent. Meaning I never said it was bad, you said that I said it was bad. Case closed.

Went through the first, second, and going to go through the next 10. Funny show.

Simple gambling base on luck and cheating in this show is bad and boring. If the way it was set up was made interesting with proper build up, then the simply gambling can work. This didn't though.

Kaiji had buildup, it really let you know the in and outs of the game they were gambling in.

I guess I shouldn't have expected maturity out of this show to begin with. I mean a high school that lets their students become gambling addicts is pretty bad in its own right.
Jul 9, 2017 5:29 PM

May 2016
Luminlight said:

I never said the anime was bad, I said the gambling was. The show its self is a decent comedy. I am viewing the show as a comedy, therefore to me it isn't bad it is decent. Meaning I never said it was bad, you said that I said it was bad. Case closed.

Went through the first, second, and going to go through the next 10. Funny show.

Simple gambling base on luck and cheating in this show is bad and boring. If the way it was set up was made interesting with proper build up, then the simply gambling can work. This didn't though.

Kaiji had buildup, it really let you know the in and outs of the game they were gambling in.

I guess I shouldn't have expected maturity out of this show to begin with. I mean a high school that lets their students become gambling addicts is pretty bad in its own right.

Yes, over-the-top, and I said it's not as much as some here, but it still is, else if that isn't then this isn't either due to what they are going through and risking as well, and they are only teens at that.

Well you thought wrong, because you've just said the same thing that I've said that you've said before... lmao. You said it's bad unless taken as a comedy, which is what you've taken it as. That's done and dealt with.

Except that's how it is...? It really just sounds like this sort of series isn't for you.

How does this one not let you know of the ins and outs? They've explained and have shown literally everything about it: how the game works before the game goes, shown how the cheating works if there were any, how they were countered, and if they still had a chance at winning again or what they could have done to have still won again (or have a better chance at winning again).

Not to mention that this is a shounen. Yeah, there are some mature shounens, but still...

AlliedWishesJul 9, 2017 5:33 PM
Jul 9, 2017 5:41 PM

Jul 2017
AlliedWishes said:
Luminlight said:

Yes, over-the-top, and I said it's not as much as some here, but it still is, else if that isn't then this isn't either due to what they are going through and risking as well, and they are only teens at that.

Well you thought wrong, because you've just said the same thing that I've said that you've said before... lmao. You said it's bad unless taken as a comedy, which is what you've taken it as. That's done and dealt with.

Except that's how it is...? It really just sounds like this sort of series isn't for you.

How does this one not let you know of the ins and outs? They've explained and have shown literally everything about it: how the game works before the game goes, shown how the cheating works if there were any, how they were countered, and if they still had a chance at winning again or what they could have done to have still won again (or have a better chance at winning again).

Not to mention that this is a shounen. Yeah, there are some mature shounens, but still...

Not over the top. My stance on this isn't going to change because you aren't providing me with any substance as to change my thought.

Exactly, I have taken it as a comedy. Meaning I never said it was bad. The gambling is though.

I'll decide if a series is for me, thanks. I have already decided to stick around for the comedy.

This show has no build up. The in and out it is showing is one thing. Oh markings on a card. Wow so cool, so interesting, nice cheating. Hmm, boring and no build up.

Being a shounen doesn't excuse anything.

Jul 9, 2017 5:56 PM

Jan 2017
love the insanity in her character, oh wait is everyone actually normal in that school? again, a group of weird looking student body council. and also, starting to get used of the fcuk face lol
Jul 9, 2017 5:59 PM

May 2016
Luminlight said:
AlliedWishes said:

Not over the top. My stance on this isn't going to change because you aren't providing me with any substance as to change my thought.

Exactly, I have taken it as a comedy. Meaning I never said it was bad. The gambling is though.

I'll decide if a series is for me, thanks. I have already decided to stick around for the comedy.

This show has no build up. The in and out it is showing is one thing. Oh markings on a card. Wow so cool, so interesting, nice cheating. Hmm, boring and no build up.

Yes, over the top. It is clearly an exaggerated expression of insanity as well. Your bias doesn't change that fact.

Okay then. So you did say it's bad when taken seriously.

No, it definitely sounds like the sort of thing is not for you. You can still watch it, I really don't care, but my point still stands. You're viewing it as something that it isn't to actually be able to enjoy it. That doesn't sound like you're liking it for what it is, which you've said you don't. So the sort of thing actually isn't for you.

See? That just made it sound like this isn't your thing. We're only in two episodes and already you've bashed the show about this aspect. And yes, this and the other game had signs showing that they were possibly cheating before they've revealed to the viewers that they are, and that's with whatever pattern they are showing or how they are suddenly winning.

Yes, being a shounen matters. Not that much, but it does. Shounen series are often targeted by the younger audiences compared to seinen series. So seinen series are often more mature, are they not? Not always, but often.

AlliedWishesJul 9, 2017 6:03 PM
Jul 9, 2017 6:00 PM

Aug 2014
Girl main is OP, which is really good considering the vast amount of stupid male leads and annoying brain dead girls we have been getting these last couple of seasons. One of the reasons I like this is because everyone is pretty clever. They are at that school for a reason.
Jul 9, 2017 6:11 PM

Jul 2017
AlliedWishes said:
Luminlight said:

Yes, over the top. It is clearly an exaggerated expression of insanity as well. Your bias doesn't change that fact.

Okay then. So you did say it's bad when taken seriously.

No, it definitely sounds like the sort of thing is not for you. You can still watch it, I really don't care, but my point still stands. You're viewing it as something that it isn't to actually be able to enjoy it. That doesn't sound like you're liking it for what it is, which you've said you don't. So the sort of thing actually isn't for you.

See? That just made it sound like this isn't your thing. We're only in two episodes and already you've bashed the show about this aspect. And yes, this and the other game had signs showing that they were possibly cheating before they've revealed to the viewers that they are, and that's with whatever pattern they are showing or how they are suddenly winning.

Yes, being a shounen matters. Not that much, but it does. Shounen series are often targeted by the younger audiences compared to seinen series. So seinen series are often more mature, are they not? Not always, but often.

You're telling me the expression he is making is an exaggeration to his situation? What type of expression does someone with two massive cuts on his face and in a life or death situation make? I'd call it an exaggeration if it was his reaction to seeing an ant. Too bad his life is on the line here.

I never said it was bad when it is taken seriously. I said the gambling is bad. Although for the record I will say it now, this show is bad when taken seriously.

I will decide. Decent comedy.

Yes I have bashed the show on the aspect the show is about. The comedy aspect however is pretty decent.

Being shounen doesn't excuse anything.

Jul 9, 2017 6:21 PM

May 2016
Luminlight said:
You're telling me the expression he is making is an exaggeration to his situation? What type of expression does someone with two massive cuts on his face and in a life or death situation make?

Uh... nearly anything besides being greatly excited?

Luminlight said:
I never said it was bad when it is taken seriously.

You've said it's somewhat decent only when you take it as a comedy.

Luminlight said:
I will decide.

Decide on. It's still actually not for you. To take it as something else entirely says that itself pretty much, and you've already went through the first episode.

Luminlight said:
Yes I have bashed the show on the aspect the show is about. The comedy asp-

This is not a comedy.

Luminlight said:

See? I can copy-paste too.
Jul 9, 2017 6:25 PM

Jul 2017
AlliedWishes said:
Luminlight said:
You're telling me the expression he is making is an exaggeration to his situation? What type of expression does someone with two massive cuts on his face and in a life or death situation make?

Uh... nearly anything besides being greatly excited?

Luminlight said:
I never said it was bad when it is taken seriously.

You've said it's somewhat decent only when you take it as a comedy.

Luminlight said:
I will decide.

Decide on. It's still actually not for you. To take it as something else entirely says that itself pretty much, and you've already went through the first episode.

Luminlight said:
Yes I have bashed the show on the aspect the show is about. The comedy asp-

This is not a comedy.

Luminlight said:

See? I can copy-paste too.

Huh?

Ok thanks, I know I said that before. At least you weren't making anything up this time.

As a comedy sure :)

Why is it so funny then?

Jul 9, 2017 6:30 PM

May 2016

You heard me.

Luminlight said:
Ok thanks, I know I said that before. At least you weren't making anything up this time.

I never did.

Luminlight said:

Which it isn't.

Luminlight said:
Why is it so funny then?

You take it as a comedy when it's not.

Luminlight said:

Jul 9, 2017 6:33 PM

Jul 2017
AlliedWishes said:

You heard me.

Luminlight said:

I never did.

Luminlight said:

Which it isn't.

Luminlight said:
Why is it so funny then?

You take it as a comedy when it's not.

Luminlight said:

Definitely didn't hear your text.

Sure did.

Shouldn't be funny then.

Shouldn't be funny then x2.

Jul 9, 2017 6:37 PM

May 2016

Luminlight said:

Then reread to hear.

Nope.

Luminlight said:
Shouldn't be funny then.

Still not a comedy.

Luminlight said:

Still not a comedy x2.

Luminlight said:

Your trolling is getting very lazy and rather boring, dear. I'm disappointed.

Jul 9, 2017 6:42 PM

Jul 2017
AlliedWishes said:

Luminlight said:

Then reread to hear.

Nope.

Luminlight said:
Shouldn't be funny then.

Still not a comedy.

Luminlight said:

Still not a comedy x2.

Luminlight said:

Your trolling is getting very lazy and rather boring, dear. I'm disappointed.

Oddly your text isn't making sound.

Sure did.

Still funny.

Still funny x2.

Right back at you.
Jul 9, 2017 6:49 PM

May 2016
Luminlight said:
Right back at you.

So you are a troll since you've said this at this point. Thanks for admitting that basically, especially when you've started repeating that last thing you've said for reasons unknown while not coming up with anything else, just to waste a bit of time.

People did warn me about the MAL forums...
Jul 9, 2017 6:54 PM

Jul 2017
AlliedWishes said:
Luminlight said:
Right back at you.

So you are a troll since you've said this at this point. Thanks for admitting that basically, especially when you've started repeating that last thing you've said for reasons unknown while not coming up with anything else, just to waste a bit of time.

Not a troll. I've been actually thinking you're the troll so I stopped taking you seriously a while ago.

I mean when you started putting words in my mouth and saying you didn't I was only semi-suspicious. You just really started to bore me when everything you said sounded like it was a joke.
Jul 9, 2017 7:00 PM

May 2016
Luminlight said:
AlliedWishes said:

Not a troll. I've been actually thinking you're the troll so I stopped taking you seriously a while ago.

... which does make you a troll since you kept messing with me. I wasn't even initially being rude yet you behaved this way to me. I'll just place you on ignore now. What a waste of a good 15 or so minutes. :(

Oh wait, it's been hours lol, but it actually felt only like just some minutes to me. Well that's even worse.
AlliedWishesJul 9, 2017 7:07 PM
Jul 9, 2017 7:04 PM

Jul 2017
AlliedWishes said:
Luminlight said:

... which does make you a troll since you kept messing with me. I wasn't even initially being rude yet you behaved this way to me. I'll just place you on ignore now. What a waste of a good 15 or so minutes. :(

Hey I thought you were messing with me. Your points just seemed way too silly.

I mean putting words in my mouth is rude the way I see it.

Yeah thanks for the entertainment man.
Jul 9, 2017 7:48 PM
May 2016
Love when Yumeko turns on the crazy, and the way her seiyuu makes her sound , she's really killing it. This show is just so well done can't wait for more
Jul 9, 2017 8:09 PM

Sep 2016
First comment I've made here, but that was so awesome. The game was really tense and gave me goosebumps when Yumeko gave that look again while flipping the cards over. Was also hilarious seeing that bitch who cheated being so afraid of her. Yumeko looked like the devil here of something.

Also, is anyone else getting some serious Umineko vibes? The insanity of this show is very similar to Umineko to me, except this has to do with gambling.
Jul 9, 2017 8:44 PM

Jul 2015
HAHAHAHAHAHA HOW FREAKING CREEPY. Watching girls go crazy over card games is highly entertaining to me. I'm really enjoying this, I love their expressions and reactions. Blondie gettin it pretty bad it seems though.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jul 9, 2017 10:49 PM

Jul 2012
Saori Hayami's voice acting is amazing, and the OST is pretty great so far. Only complaint is that it feels like the show would be better off without the male lead. We'll see what happens though.

I'm looking forward to meeting the rest of the student council and the games they'll be playing. Should be fun šŸ˜Š
Jul 9, 2017 10:51 PM
Jan 2016
Wew it's really an intense episode wkwk. This is one of the best psychological anime I think. Jabami's gambling skill is at another level...she likes to take the highest risk, that's the art of gambling I think.
Btw, why all of the girls turn into GHOUL when gambling?? They look like Rize from Tokyo Ghoul wkwkwk.
Jul 9, 2017 10:53 PM

Mar 2013
MonogatariLSD said:
Gala_Lion said:

True, although so far since both of her wins are because she saw through the opponent's cheats without them knowing, I would still try facing her in a fair gamble since I'd expect it to be mostly up to luck xP

Thought if you can't make her feel excited she would try to break you just like she did with Sumeragi this episode :D
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2017

178 by reveluvie0 »»
Today, 5:22 AM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2017

373 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 19, 8:40 PM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2017

149 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 18, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2017

119 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 17, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2017

182 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 17, 8:03 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.