Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 8, 2017 7:22 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I am surprised by how far this season is going to go....Lots of badass moments incoming
Jul 8, 2017 7:29 AM

May 2012
Yay, we're finally back.

Gotta say, I'm liking the OP, and the ED had the designs from the character popularity polls, huh? That was pretty cool to see.

This arc gon' be good.

Jul 8, 2017 7:33 AM

Jun 2016
OH YEAH!!! NEXT it will be amazing..
Jul 8, 2017 7:37 AM

Jan 2017
i loved this episode!
it was a good starter for a whole new arc and i love the dynamic between gran torino and deku and im interested how well will bakugo get on with best jeanist
i dont like the op as much as the last two but the ed was pretty good
im gay
Jul 8, 2017 7:39 AM
Jun 2017
i really like the new op and ed,love how they used the popularity polls' art 😂 also, i can't stop laughing at mineta's "work"😄 This episode was really good, I can't wait for the next one! to be honest, bnh is one of the best anime adaptations rn 😀
Jul 8, 2017 7:59 AM
Dec 2012
The new OP is good but I still prefer the first OP. The ED is nice too, mainly the visuals.
Jul 8, 2017 8:14 AM
Jan 2017
Nice seeing this episode animated, reminded how different stumbling blocks and learning curves are different between people.

Highlights how disastrous All Might way of teaching Izuku to use OFA was not inherently wrong as it worked for him but just wasn't the right way for Deku.
Jul 8, 2017 8:22 AM

Oct 2015
RanDart said:
I don't want to create a thread about it. But what happened to Todoroki's frozen side? In season 2 they removed it. Too much expensive to draw?

If you mean this thing

then it was his original costume. He upgraded to a new costume, and thank god he did because the original was not only boring but also god-ugly.
Jul 8, 2017 8:48 AM
Jun 2016
Yasss that OP sounds darn good and the new ending song made me smile cuz those outfits they were wearing came from the 2nd popularity poll. This arc is going to be great and this episode was quite good, nice to see deku developing as well as the others. I now have total faith for Bones with this adaption, I know it's too early but fingers crossed for season 3!
Jul 8, 2017 8:48 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Great episode! Catchy new Op and a wonderful new ED coupled with a fair deal of comedy and action. Deku finally seems to have cracked the nut under Gran Torino's supervision, lmao the microwave tho, so a hell lot of action-packed episodes are due to come with him in the front lines. Interesting relationship has already been built among them and it's great to see. The other classmates and their workplace environments was also a main highlight of this episode. Overall, a very welcoming episode which has set the ideal platform for the second half of this series that is due to come. Fantastic!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 8, 2017 8:52 AM

Oct 2013
LiSA ending was bomb. And I'm glad Midoriya is slowly figuring things out. I also want to learn more about the seventh user.

MoonStar9 said:
RanDart said:
I don't want to create a thread about it. But what happened to Todoroki's frozen side? In season 2 they removed it. Too much expensive to draw?

If you mean this thing

then it was his original costume. He upgraded to a new costume, and thank god he did because the original was not only boring but also god-ugly.

I'm assuming he had that frozen appearance to cover up the fire side in an act of rebellion against his father. After becoming uncertain of his motives during the Sports Festival, he probably had it removed. Yeah, it's probably something of the sort
Jul 8, 2017 9:47 AM

Mar 2015
Alright episode. The jeans superhero reminded me of Decim (Death Parade) with his string power.
“Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth. But the world isn't perfect, and the law is incomplete..." -Alphonse Elric

"Then and now, what I protect has never changed!" -Sakata Gintoki

I'll take anything like The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. Anything as good as that.
Jul 8, 2017 9:59 AM

Jan 2008
MoonStar9 said:
Loved the new opening! It pretty much confirms the anime will cover the End of Term Test arc. The animation was great this episode. I particularly loved the scene where Yoda-sensei was blitzing around Midoriya. They also seem to be using the intermission to show the characters bios from the manga cover pages. That's a good idea to give anime-onlies some info they've been missing.

Also that ending! They used Horikoshi's fantasy drawings from the 2nd popularity polls!

That was great to see!

I was SO happy to see this as the ending. Not gonna lie, I want an OVA dedicated solely to this. I wanna see Deku in medieval times and barbarian dragon rider Bakugo.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Jul 8, 2017 10:19 AM

Aug 2015
This episode was amazing. The parts that Bones extented were nice. When I saw the fantasy AU form the manga in the ending I couldn't help but squeal AND that preview!.. ("Go beyond." "I won't go.") I really love Kouki Uchiyama, he is awesome. And can I say I really liked all of the new voice actors. They are really fitting.

Last but not least: "This taiyaki is... Me!"
Jul 8, 2017 10:29 AM

Nov 2014
GoldenDevilGamer said:
The new OP is awesome, but the visuals are okay. The new ED is alright, but the character designs being the ones from the second character poll makes it a lot better. Gran Torino's really cool and I love how he's both senile and competent. Lol, Best Jeanist's gonna straighten up Bakugou. And it's good that Todoroki decided to go with Endeavor, since he's a skilled hero who works on bigger situations. Next episode, time for...

5/5

Also, OP basically confirms that they'll adapt the ac after the Hero Killer/Field Training Arc. Can't wait to see that fight in that arc.

Im the direct opposite. I think the visual is awesome but the song can be better

Also do u mean
Jul 8, 2017 10:33 AM
May 2017
Great episode. Deku's power progression seems to be going at nice pace so far. He seems to only get an upgrade when he completely exhausts his previous method. I'm really looking forward to a nice batch of training episodes followed by all hell breaking loose (though based on the preview it looks like hell is a lot closer) and seeing how much the characters have improved.
I like the new mentor student relationship. Its not exactly anything new but its still really enjoyable.
I like the OP and the ED. The ED was a big surprise given its genre and I'm amazed at how much I enjoyed the sudden genre shift.
Jul 8, 2017 10:50 AM
Jan 2017
The starting of the arc already has a good build up and I cant wait to see what midoriya will do plus i really liked the opening and the ending song was so good
Jul 8, 2017 10:56 AM

Jan 2014
whooa, I want to see the new Deku, I want to see how powerful he is now when his power always on.
I bet everyone would be amazed by how Deku grow more powerful than everyone.
Jul 8, 2017 11:17 AM

Mar 2016
So, they adapted 3 chapters this episode... That lives 11 remaining for 11 episodes, but I'm not seing them adapting 1 chapter per episode!
Will they adap the next arc to? Or they will really really really strecht this season?

It was an Ok episode I guess...
The OP wasn't as good as I planned and the new ending was pretty good!
Jul 8, 2017 11:19 AM
Mar 2015
I was really interested in how Deku thought of One For All. He considers it as a special move or skill that needs to be cast in order to be used. That actually makes so much sense since the impact of his first experience in using it made him think like it's hard to use it since it breaks his body so he must use it sparingly on body parts that he plans to sacrifice. I'm pretty excited on how his training would turn out.
Jul 8, 2017 11:24 AM

Sep 2013
Gran torino training deku properly and now he uses ofa like it's a part of his body.
Shimura also getting tested.
Jul 8, 2017 11:38 AM

Jun 2017
Another great episode, as expected! Loving this show so far!
Jul 8, 2017 11:51 AM
Jun 2016
Another great episode, I'm so glad that I started watching this series this season. Watched everything in a 2 day run hehe.
Jul 8, 2017 12:05 PM

Sep 2015
I feel bad for Gran living in that ratty building with elderly problems. It was pretty kawaii and sad at the same time when he was happy about microwave. But dam that ending tho with the fantasy elements haha
Jul 8, 2017 12:09 PM

May 2015
The new OP is brilliant, as expected of Amazarashi. Great episode. Excited to see more of Gran Torino
Jul 8, 2017 12:16 PM

Oct 2014
Seems a lot of people don't like the new opening or aren't really feeling it, yet I think it was amazing and in my opinion it's easily tied with "The Day" from season 1. It also confirmed the anime will adapt the arc after the Stain arc and if we get a season 3 with 2-cours then my god....the hype will be off the chain.

That said, lot's of stuff happened in this episode, which for a build-up/set-up episode it did massively. Pacing was fine, and once again BONES throwing in tidbits that wasn't in the manga was great.

Lastly, the new ending was amazing. BONES once again throwing in things from the manga you wouldn't normally see. All the costumes in the ending are the same outfits the characters had in the 1st popularity poll.

10/10 from me.

W.A.I.F.U = Women. Are. Imaginary. For. Us.
Jul 8, 2017 12:25 PM

Aug 2013
MHA continuing the lit and dank hype chain. The new OP/ED are much better to me than the previous pair from the first half of this season. My body is so ready for the awesome that is to come.
Don't believe the hype.
Jul 8, 2017 12:37 PM

Feb 2010
I was EXTREMELY...SOOO GRATEFUL that Deku had an outfit change.
It was not only really hard to hold in my laughter during serious moments, but I couldn't really even look at the screen.
It really was that bad...

The episode itself was brilliant. I loved how they show the progression of Deku slowly learning more about his power and working hard to control it. Really hyped up for what's going to be shown in the future episodes. That preview got me so pumped up. Of course, I am very interested in seeing how that best jeanist guy is going to try and discipline Bakugo. Honestly, I'm not expecting to see any results as he is probably going to always be so...impulsive and child-like by nature. But it would be interesting to see at least an effort of change.

Perhaps we'll learn that it's impossible to change the way he is and learn why. Perhaps even 'discipline' and being remodeled will not change him.
Or maybe my hopes are too high and it'll just be a lot of comedic relief. Either way, I'm looking forward.
Jul 8, 2017 12:51 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
New OP and ED are great. That said this was a good episode. Funny at first how Gran Torino seemed clueless but then really showed Deku that he's still got it in him to teach him how to be a hero.

Ochako looks sooo cute in the ED thoooo!!! <3
Jul 8, 2017 1:03 PM

Nov 2014
azertyY said:
So, they adapted 3 chapters this episode... That lives 11 remaining for 11 episodes, but I'm not seing them adapting 1 chapter per episode!
Will they adap the next arc to? Or they will really really really strecht this season?

It was an Ok episode I guess...
The OP wasn't as good as I planned and the new ending was pretty good!

They will also adapt the final test judging from the op. (You see momo under that pole...the pole...yeah, that pole...)
Jul 8, 2017 1:08 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
ttcchen said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:
The new OP is awesome, but the visuals are okay. The new ED is alright, but the character designs being the ones from the second character poll makes it a lot better. Gran Torino's really cool and I love how he's both senile and competent. Lol, Best Jeanist's gonna straighten up Bakugou. And it's good that Todoroki decided to go with Endeavor, since he's a skilled hero who works on bigger situations. Next episode, time for...

5/5

Also, OP basically confirms that they'll adapt the ac after the Hero Killer/Field Training Arc. Can't wait to see that fight in that arc.

Also do u mean
Yep, that's the fight I'm talking about :D
Jul 8, 2017 1:53 PM

Jan 2010
oh my god... did you see that ending... what did I do to deserve such blessing DID YOU SEE THAT ENDING!!!! THEY FRIGGIN ANIMATED THE SETTING AND COSTUME FROM THE 2ND POPULARITY POLL OH MY GOD.
Todoroki is a prince?! on a white horse?!
KACCHAN RIDING A FREAKING DRAGON!!
OH MY GOD GIMME A BNHA FANTASY SPIN-OFF NOW!

Talking about the Opening, I like the previous one better, but I think it will grow on me. (I didn't really like the previous OP too at first)

Gran Torino is a really interesting guy. I wonder what happened to the 7th generation (the one who gave All Might OFA?) Who is this sworn friend GT was talking about. Will we ever learn of all OFA bearers?

Lol at Deku all eager to find out about All Might in his student era! We got a glimpse of young All Might! <3

And BAKUGOUUUUUUUUU finally someone who will put some sense into him!! I love Best Jeanist already~ I wonder how much change can this Best Jeanist force into Bakugou?!
Will he make Bakugou to stop swearing?!
Will he make Bakugou to change his appearance?! (why though? there is nothing wrong with his appearance! lol, maybe he just doesn't like spiky hair. Just look at those people working there, all have smooth hair lmao)
Will he teach Bakugou how to manage his anger issues?! (probably one of the most important thing!)
I hope Kacchan won't lose his character too much tho! I love Kacchan the way he is! (a little anger management skill is great indeed though)

This is totally important for Bakugou's character development. Because I honestly lost as to the reason why he bullies Izuku when he aim to be no. 1 hero? Bullying is definitely very very not hero-like and if people knows he ever be a bully, what will people think? A hero who used to be a bully? Then again there is that hero name he choose, King of Explodo-Kills or Murder or whatever. Lmao sometimes I don't understand him like at all. What is his motivation to become the greatest hero, it seems he only wants to be the best at the best profession there is.

Still love you though Kacchan~! XD

So, we know now that no. 1 Hero is All Might, 2nd is Endeavor, 4th is Best Jeanist!

Lol at Kirishima and Tetsutetsu meet again!

And Momo! She was choosen because the snake hero thinks she is cute! I hope her internship arc won't turn fully into fanservice-ish

Mineta, serves him right! Hah!

Tomura and Stain... even tho they are both villain, they have different morals/ideals!

And Tomura at the preview lol. I'm loving this guy.

Wait, am I the only one who got a bit disappointed they didn't show Shinsou's internship? I mean, even Tetsutetsu and Kendou was there! I love Shinsou!
Jul 8, 2017 1:59 PM

Mar 2015
New OP & ED are 10/10. Gran Torino is hilarious, looking forward to see more of him.

Protect this smile

Jul 8, 2017 2:11 PM

Jan 2010

This is my favorite part of the ending! When all seems hopeless, then Deku take (steal) a look at Kacchan... (and he looks back)
And that screenshot got me thinking about the lyric in that exact moment is quite...

"When I see those eyes, I (feel like I) can run too"

My KatsuDeku fangirl self is screaming kyaaaaaaaaa
Thank you LiSA, thank you Bones

I can't believe our Fantasy AU fic is happening lmao
CrimsonMidnightJul 8, 2017 2:18 PM
Jul 8, 2017 2:13 PM

Jan 2012
The new ending is real fun xD Todoroki the kind prince mistreated by his Royal Father and going on a journey to find himself. Bakugou from a wild tribe of people who have dangerous wild demon beasts as pets lol
Jul 8, 2017 2:39 PM

Jul 2013
Considering the new opening is made by the same band who made the ending of Tokyo Ghoul Root A (who was very good imo), I'm very dissapointed. The song is meh, and the visuals are nothing special, and just after I get used to the previous one. It was a let down.
The ending has a good song, but the visuals were awkward. After reading the comments here I discovered they are based in some illustrations of the mangaka, but I would had liked something related to the current arc, tbh.

About the episode itself, I like Gran Torino, he's that kind of character who looks silly at first, but is actually a badass, and I love those type of characters, so...
Glad to see Izuku is learning to domain his powers for good. Maybe the next time he will not end in an hospital bed.

The part of the villains was too short, but still interesting. It seems Stain, as much of a murderer he is, still has some morals, since he dislikes the methods of Shigaraki and his associates. He can end being more interesting of what he appeared at first if the series executes his character well. I cannot wait to see the confrontation the next episode.

Best Jeanist is pretty cool too.
Jul 8, 2017 2:42 PM

Feb 2015
COOL episode. This hero training arc looks cool. It won't be as "hype" as the tournament arc, but we should see some real character development. I really want to see if that guy can tame Bakugou! And Gran Torino is very cool.
Jul 8, 2017 2:43 PM

Aug 2015
That was pretty good! I really liked the ending. It was cool.
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Jul 8, 2017 3:07 PM

Jun 2016
The previous OP was better imo.
Anyway, good episode and development. Loved Stain!!
Jul 8, 2017 3:07 PM

Mar 2016
I love the new opening... and I'm happy this show is back, I cried last week when there wasn't a new episode
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 8, 2017 3:25 PM

May 2015
Glad to see it back again after that one week break. Decent OP and ED.

Episode was good, but judging by the preview, next episode looks like it'll be really good!

Jul 8, 2017 3:36 PM
Oct 2016
I can't believe people are dissing a song sung by amazarashi. His songs are very good to listen to!
Jul 8, 2017 3:37 PM

Jul 2012
Both the new OP and ED are great. Love the theme for the ED 😊
Jul 8, 2017 3:50 PM

Sep 2013
Loved the new OP and ED.
Bless the ED animation.

Gran Torino is adorable and badass.
Shigaraki was hilarious in the preview.
Kacchan chose the wrong hero lol.
Glad to see Best Jeanist animated. The voice suits him.
Jul 8, 2017 3:52 PM

Nov 2014
Shicchi said:
I can't believe our Fantasy AU fic is happening lmao

Wait there really is a fantasy au like the ed???

Shicchi said:
oh my god... did you see that ending... what did I do to deserve such blessing DID YOU SEE THAT ENDING!!!! THEY FRIGGIN ANIMATED THE SETTING AND COSTUME FROM THE 2ND POPULARITY POLL OH MY GOD.
Todoroki is a prince?! on a white horse?!
KACCHAN RIDING A FREAKING DRAGON!!
OH MY GOD GIMME A BNHA FANTASY SPIN-OFF NOW!

And iida is your knight in shiny armor xDD

GoldenDevilGamer said:
ttcchen said:

Also do u mean
Yep, that's the fight I'm talking about :D

Yeah i cant wait too!! Im so excited to see bakugo's change in that fight! Cuz that's when his character starts developing. I cant wait to see those people who hates bakugo see his change and react!!!
Jul 8, 2017 3:52 PM

Apr 2009
Go Deku goo! Loved the new ED.

Mirai said:

Protect this smile

Jul 8, 2017 4:11 PM

Mar 2013
Good stuff, good stuff! The new OP is nice, and it confirms that we'll be getting both the Hero Killer Stain arc and the Teacher Fight arc (unofficial name). The ED was pretty cool, though I'd love to see a version without the credits so I can get a better look at all the little details.
I was intrigued to see that they added some extra content showing what the other students are doing. I remember that the manga never showed Mineta doing chores (I think) or Jiro running with Desutegoro, so that was pretty fun.
Also, the little blurbs throughout are nice. Things like showing a character's name, description, and Quirk when they show up, or the new mid-episode blurbs showing stats about the characters instead of just the series title/logo really feel like a nice progression. Also, more comic book-y.
Jul 8, 2017 5:39 PM

May 2014
I nearly died when I realized there was no episode last week

The new OP song isn't an instant catch like the two that came before it, but I can definitely see it growing on me and c'mon...it's Amazarashi.

They used the art from the popularity poll in the ED!! Btw, I would totally watch that medieval fantasy spin-off.

It's nice to see Midoriya getting somewhere with All For One. The fact that it's "All Might's Quirk" really has been limiting him since he seems to think of it as some cool, loaned power he can "use" when he needs to, as opposed to it being something that's just a part of him now. He's been thinking of it in an all or nothing kind of way, so it's not surprising that he hasn't been able to fully master it. With any talent or skill, you have to nurture it constantly so I think the same rule applies to Quirks.

Gran Torino is a funny little man though! His Quirk kind of reminds me of Iida's actually XD

Also did not expect Todoroki to pick his dad's company :o
I guess it's his way of facing his own issues...maybe they can even have some father-son bonding. Maybe. probably not lol

Best Jeanist picked Bakugo to basically whip him into shape- he knows that he has a huge amount of potential, but needs some guidance or could ultimately fail in his goals. Their interactions will be interesting to see since him and Bakugo are so different.

Next episode it looks like Iida is going to be meeting Shigaraki?? Things are getting serious, I guess.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 8, 2017 6:00 PM

Dec 2015
Things are starting to pick up, love how Iida has become a true badass.

Pretty good episode, great mix of humour in there as well.
~
Jul 8, 2017 7:04 PM
Jul 2018
That last part of the new ending felt like Dark Arisen's cover.

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2017

238 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 18, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2017

194 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 18, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 13, 2017

185 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 16, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2017

187 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 16, 5:27 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2017

180 by PapaChub »»
Apr 15, 7:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.