Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 7, 2017 9:13 PM

Sep 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
well, uh

more things happen mobile suit-wise, but it tells you about as much as the first episode does.
Jul 7, 2017 9:47 PM

Nov 2015
That was short.

I like how Gundam's animation is constantly improving. Despite only have 3 minutes, this show delivers good animation. Wish it was longer.

They are going for cliffhangers now.

Jul 7, 2017 10:26 PM

Nov 2014
xull said:
That was short.

I like how Gundam's animation is constantly improving. Despite only have 3 minutes, this show delivers good animation. Wish it was longer.

They are going for cliffhangers now.

LOL amazing to find the positive in a 3 minute model ad!
Jul 8, 2017 4:09 AM

Apr 2012
well that was slightly better than the disjointed images from the first ep...
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Jul 8, 2017 1:07 PM

May 2015
At least this one had better animation.
Jul 8, 2017 1:11 PM

Feb 2015
It looked somewhat better than the first episode, but I still don't find this disappointment any good.
Jul 8, 2017 11:27 PM

Apr 2010
First female protagonist in an animated series since what, Christina? reduced to this, lol. Whatever, keep on milking that UC lore. At least the Tristan looks nice.
Jul 10, 2017 10:49 PM

Jul 2010
Well, at least that flowed somewhat properly instead of seeming like a series of random scenes jumbled together.

I don't think Sunrise should try this again - these episodes are way too damn short to be watchable. They should've just waited until they had the whole 23 minute OVA put together rather than tossing out bite-size slices like this. It's not a good look.

The only reason this format worked for Thunderbolt and Endless Waltz is because their fragments are long enough to be coherent and satisfying on their own, with their compiled versions (December Sky and the Endless Waltz movie) simply serving as icing on the cake.
Jul 13, 2017 6:49 AM

Dec 2015
It seemed slightly more cohesive than the first one.

3/5

@CodeBlazeFate How did you see this legally?! You Gundam-jacker!
To draw main pictures of an episode doesn't give you automatically a good sense of directing. Between executing and creating, there is a difference. Also, I thought Code Geass robots were even less prominent in their shows than early Gundam's robots.
Oh, and what about the terrible terrible Counterattack? Anyway, I hope it won't get dethroned by Double Zeta.

edit @CodeBlazeFate : Actually, it was from the start aimed at the Gundam Club. Past the first ONA, the members were supposed to have the priority (one ONA a week ot every two weeks I think). Only the first episode was supposed to be public to give you a taste of it. ^^ (maybe the rest will be free later)
I totally agree, also about the very little improvement. (Yeah, very good effect on you.)
Well, to put words that are not mine: "go read the source material". ;)
Rei_IIIJul 13, 2017 1:57 PM
Jul 13, 2017 11:30 AM

Apr 2016
Tfw there is still literally nothing to the story and characters in this anime and when the mecha fight directing is the worst I've seen in Gundam. The director was a key animator in plenty of popular mech anime such as Code Geass so I don't know what happened there. Fuck Twilight Axis! Worst Gundam anime I've seen to date.
Jul 13, 2017 1:25 PM

Apr 2016
Rei366 said:
It seemed slightly more cohesive than the first one.

3/5

@CodeBlazeFate How did you see this legally?! You Gundam-jacker!
To draw main pictures of an episode doesn't give you automatically a good sense of directing. Between executing and creating, there is a difference. Also, I thought Code Geass robots were even less prominent in their shows than early Gundam's robots.
Oh, and what about the terrible terrible Counterattack? Anyway, I hope it won't get dethroned by Double Zeta.
Someone had it on YouTube. Did they really want to release this a week later or something? Do they just not want to release it online anymore due to negative reception?

With 3 minutes, you can only create scenes that have no real flow to each other and no cohesive narrative. It's better directed than the nightmare that was episode 1 and it's jumpcutting and awful editing transitions but it's still a whole lotta nothing in terms of writing. Making these into 3 minutes a piece was definitely a horrific idea. Makes F91 look like Turn A. No wonder they're trying to hide this from us now.
CodeBlazeFateJul 24, 2017 3:28 AM
Jul 13, 2017 11:16 PM
Jul 2018
someone should petition sunrise to increase the length of 20 min per episode like Thunderbolt.
Jul 16, 2017 1:35 PM

Mar 2013
Well at least this one didn't change to a completely different point in time with every other cut

Still a bitter disappointment despite going in expecting nothing.
Mar 6, 2018 1:54 PM

May 2015
Damn, as soon as I was into the fight it ended... good episode tho
May 27, 2021 11:46 AM

Aug 2017
Less disjointed images this time but its over the place. No idea why Sunrise decided to animate this in the first place.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 4, 2021 3:37 PM

Jan 2009
a Zaku can overpower a Gundam

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Twilight Axis Episode 6 Discussion

CodeBlazeFate - Sep 5, 2017

30 by Radnitzky1890 »»
Oct 19, 2022 3:29 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Twilight Axis Episode 5 Discussion

Rei_III - Aug 20, 2017

9 by deg »»
Nov 4, 2021 3:51 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Twilight Axis Episode 4 Discussion

LiquidGold - Aug 6, 2017

10 by deg »»
Nov 4, 2021 3:47 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Twilight Axis Episode 3 Discussion

LiquidGold - Jul 23, 2017

10 by deg »»
Nov 4, 2021 3:42 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Twilight Axis Episode 1 Discussion

moodie - Jun 22, 2017

37 by Nurguburu »»
May 27, 2021 11:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.