Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 7, 2017 12:44 PM

Jan 2011

Please indicate what part of the animated feature is
"Professionally produced, animated works created: in Japan for the Japanese market;"
Because your article says it's made by Americans in America.
Jul 7, 2017 1:02 PM
Aug 2016
lanblade said:

"Professionally produced, animated works created: in Japan for the Japanese market;"

Then myanimelist should delete all of the chinese animations from their db.
Jul 7, 2017 1:20 PM

Jun 2013
Ashanderai said:
lanblade said:

What are the Chinese animations you're talking about?
They won't add Castlevania since it was made in America.
Jul 7, 2017 1:25 PM

Dec 2015
Ashanderai said:
They may be shit, but those things you call 'chinese animations' are produced in Japan, unlike Castlevania.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jul 7, 2017 1:32 PM
Jul 2015
I've watched the Netflix Castlevania anime in Japanese Dub (with English sub) today.
Regardless of how good it is (Which it very much is), I believe this rule of anime being on this site only if they're produced by Japanese, and marketed for the Japanese, could benefit from some leeway. Especially in special cases like the Castlevania anime. Its art style/animation, and the fact I watched it in Japanese dub with familiar voice actors made me feel like I was watching any other good anime.
Besides, it's not like MAL is strictly used by Japanese people.
Jul 7, 2017 1:40 PM
Aug 2016
fNeL said:
Ashanderai said:

What are the Chinese animations you're talking about?
They won't add Castlevania since it was made in America.
Most of the Tencent's. Like Yaogai and Huyao etc. I would be happy if they add this.
Jul 7, 2017 1:43 PM
Aug 2016
joe_g7 said:
Ashanderai said:
They may be shit, but those things you call 'chinese animations' are produced in Japan, unlike Castlevania.
I'm not calling them shit. I really like watching them but this one deserves to be in db too.
Jul 7, 2017 1:51 PM

Dec 2015
Ashanderai said:
joe_g7 said:
I'm not calling them shit. I really like watching them but this one deserves to be in db too.
I know, I'M calling them shit cause most of them are. Anyway, it doesn't matter if it deserves it or not, Castlevania was produced in America thus it can't be on the db.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jul 7, 2017 1:53 PM

Sep 2009
lanblade said:

"Professionally produced, animated works created: in Japan Asia for the Japanese market;"

Fixed. But yeah, still doesn't qualify.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Jul 7, 2017 1:56 PM

Oct 2014
It has to be produced in Japan, China, or South Korea to be added. Some exceptions may be made for North Korea and Taiwan, but other than that it's only animations from those three countries. The United States isn't even close to East Asia.

A lot of Western cartoons get Japanese dubs, but if they aren't co-productions then this won't count. On the other hand, a co-production may be disqualified if a Japanese dub doesn't exist.
Jul 7, 2017 3:10 PM

Sep 2011
MAL database specifically targets the Asian animation scene, not Western. If you want Western, there's plenty of other sites to use.
Jul 7, 2017 4:01 PM
Mar 2016
One of the things I don't understand to this day. Anime refers to two things.
1. Animation made in Japan
2. All types of animation made everywhere, because anime is just short for animation.
Their is no middle ground where every Asian country can only make anime but no where else. Either anime is made in Japan or the entire world stop with the middle ground of "Only in Asia" bull.
Jul 7, 2017 5:10 PM

Nov 2014
I am a big fan of Warren Ellis so was really excited to watch this on Netflix...

Made it through two horribly paced episodes and all I could think of was "I hope this garbage never winds up on MAL, it should be consigned to animation hell along with Dragonlance and The Return of the King (1980)"
Jul 7, 2017 5:45 PM

Jan 2011
Ashanderai said:
lanblade said:

Chinese and South Korean anime are part of the anime definition. Since you linked an article talking about the Japanese dub it is assumed you believe a Japanese studio worked on this hence why you are requesting it being added to the database now rather than previously when the show was originally announced months ago when it had no Japanese release announcement.

So that's why I asked to indicate what part of the animated feature is professionally produced, animated works created: in Japan for the Japanese market.
Jul 10, 2017 10:48 PM

Dec 2015
It honestly should be added. Also, I've noticed the moderators for this website are going through and either locking these forums or deleting them completely. Honestly, the admins for this site are all a bunch of outdated f*ckers. Castlevania is honestly more of an anime than half of the shit that's come out of Japan the last few years, and the trash that comes seeping out of China and Korea can hardly be called visual entertainment, let alone "anime."'

*Faps to 2D girls with Hatsune body pillow* "But it's not made in Japan, it can't be anime...Oh, but Korea and China are basically the same as Japan, so they're okay." - MAL Admins
Jul 10, 2017 11:00 PM

Nov 2011
@Hylianticipated "Anime" is not in any way an indicator of quality. Being good does not mean something "deserves" to be anime. There are good cartoons and bad anime; regardless of good or bad we use "anime" to refer to Eastern animation.

The staff are merely enforcing the rules and antagonizing them with childish insults only serves to reveal your immaturity.
Jul 10, 2017 11:10 PM

Dec 2015
@TripleSRank Anime is either strictly animations produced in Japan (regardless of style), or animations produced anywhere with a heavily influenced Japanese style. Therefore, either MAL needs to delete everything off their database that was produced in China and Korea, or they should start including animations that are clearly conforming to the Japanese style. I'm merely pointing out MAL's admins' own childish stubbornness on the issue and the illogical approach they insist on taking.
Jul 10, 2017 11:16 PM

Nov 2011
Hylianticipated said:
@TripleSRank Anime is either strictly animations produced in Japan (regardless of style), or animations produced anywhere with a heavily influenced Japanese style. Therefore, either MAL needs to delete everything off their database that was produced in China and Korea, or they should start including animations that are clearly conforming to the Japanese style. I'm merely pointing out MAL's admins' own childish stubbornness on the issue and the illogical approach they insist on taking.

It has nothing to do with childish stubborness. Anime refers to animation from the East (as opposed to the West); it's not about Japan specifically. Further, MAL has been accepting all professional Eastern (i.e. Asian) animation into the database for ages and ages now.

You're completely wrong, and there's nothing illogical about the current approach.
Jul 10, 2017 11:36 PM

Jun 2016
Castlevania is Anime so is Avatar the Last Airbender. Yare Yare Daze

Edit: I glanced at few of the posts above i see "anime is STRICTLY from japan" FFS they add Chinese Produced "Anime" to the MAL DB so your point is null, please continue to argue over this age-old idiotic debate.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
TenshoNov 11, 2018 7:01 AM
WAKE THE FUCK UP DEADMAN!
Jul 10, 2017 11:47 PM

Dec 2015
@TripleSRank "Anime" is literally Japanese animation. There's nothing about it that inherently includes other eastern countries simply because they are eastern. However, "anime" itself is an evolving art form, and as such can be, has been, and is being adopted by other countries, eastern and western alike. MAL is outdated with it's stubborn belief on what anime is; and even saying that is too generous seeing as they don't even properly adhere to what anime traditionally is defined as: a Japanese animation. They may have been including other eastern animations in their database for "ages and ages," but they lost all footing in keeping it just "Eastern" when they diverged from that simple definition.

To summarize: Anime as a Japanese animation, plain and simple; MAL diverged from that simple definition long ago and as such can no longer legitimately stay the way they are without contradicting themselves. They themselves have attempted to redefine what "anime" is by including non-japanese animations in their database. Doing so only legitimized the viewpoint that animation outside of Japan that follow Japanese style animation can be considered anime (i.e. Castlevania).

I'm sorry, but you're completely wrong. Their approach is indeed very illogical.
Jul 11, 2017 12:30 AM

Nov 2011
Hylianticipated said:
@TripleSRank "Anime" is literally Japanese animation. There's nothing about it that inherently includes other eastern countries simply because they are eastern. However, "anime" itself is an evolving art form, and as such can be, has been, and is being adopted by other countries, eastern and western alike. MAL is outdated with it's stubborn belief on what anime is; and even saying that is too generous seeing as they don't even properly adhere to what anime traditionally is defined as: a Japanese animation. They may have been including other eastern animations in their database for "ages and ages," but they lost all footing in keeping it just "Eastern" when they diverged from that simple definition.

To summarize: Anime as a Japanese animation, plain and simple; MAL diverged from that simple definition long ago and as such can no longer legitimately stay the way they are without contradicting themselves. They themselves have attempted to redefine what "anime" is by including non-japanese animations in their database. Doing so only legitimized the viewpoint that animation outside of Japan that follow Japanese style animation can be considered anime (i.e. Castlevania).

I'm sorry, but you're completely wrong. Their approach is indeed very illogical.

First of all, the artform, the medium is "animation"; it includes everything that is mostly animated, East or West, 2D or 3D.

I'm well aware that "anime" refers to all animation in Japan. That's not how it has been adopted in the West, however. It's has been used it to refer to Eastern animation for many many years; it's just usually prefixed with the country of origin when it isn't Japan since Japan is where the majority of Eastern animation comes from-- thus you get "Chinese anime" and "Korean anime" because most people think of Japan when they think of Eastern animation. It's not a strict part of the definition.

So no, the term is neither as exclusive nor as broad as you're making it out to be, and as such you're creating a contradiction that doesn't exist.
Jul 11, 2017 12:46 AM

Sep 2011
Hylianticipated said:
It honestly should be added. Also, I've noticed the moderators for this website are going through and either locking these forums or deleting them completely. Honestly, the admins for this site are all a bunch of outdated f*ckers. Castlevania is honestly more of an anime than half of the shit that's come out of Japan the last few years, and the trash that comes seeping out of China and Korea can hardly be called visual entertainment, let alone "anime."'

*Faps to 2D girls with Hatsune body pillow* "But it's not made in Japan, it can't be anime...Oh, but Korea and China are basically the same as Japan, so they're okay." - MAL Admins
First of all, we have the right to delete/lock threads when they're in completely wrong boards and when there's already a thread for it.

"Outdated"? Apparently, not adding shows made from the west = outdated. Who knew? Western shows =/= Mean it's anime. You can think it's so all you want, but it's not. Just because it has the same/similar art style does not make it an Anime. Personally, I'd love to add a show like Castlevania to my list, but it ain't happening and I'm not going to get butthurt by it.
TyrelJul 11, 2017 12:50 AM
Jul 11, 2017 1:58 AM

Sep 2013
Tyrel said:
Hylianticipated said:

First of all, we have the right to delete/lock threads when they're in completely wrong boards and when there's already a thread for it.

"Outdated"? Apparently, not adding shows made from the west = outdated. Who knew? Western shows =/= Mean it's anime. You can think it's so all you want, but it's not. Just because it has the same/similar art style does not make it an Anime. Personally, I'd love to add a show like Castlevania to my list, but it ain't happening and I'm not going to get butthurt by it.
I'd like to argue that the notion of there being a "single determinate view of the definition of anime" is itself largely outdated and remains a prevalent discussion elsewhere in the community, and there is literature available to describe these issues rather than preconceived ideas of "optimal moderation" (which we've already seen in the subreddit /r/anime's page when Shelter was released).

Regardless though, I must acknowledge that MAL is not a site readily given to inertia, and issues like these are too rare to argue for any real chance to MAL's DB administrative policy. At the very least, I'm thankful we have Master of Everything in the database.
Jul 11, 2017 4:40 AM

Jun 2008
The admins just want to have a clear criteria of what to include in the database. If anything that resembles anime was allowed, I could make 100 cartoons with slightly different drawing styles, some close to typical anime look, some far from it, some in the middle, and then we would never figure out where to draw the line. But having a simple geographical criteria makes it very clear in most cases, which is nice.
Jul 12, 2017 12:20 AM

Feb 2013
kuchitsu said:
The admins just want to have a clear criteria of what to include in the database. If anything that resembles anime was allowed, I could make 100 cartoons with slightly different drawing styles, some close to typical anime look, some far from it, some in the middle, and then we would never figure out where to draw the line. But having a simple geographical criteria makes it very clear in most cases, which is nice.

Well if MAL ever expands more, as it seems they've been doing well recently, I'd definitely recommend a tied sister website dedicated to international animation. Something to allow people to make use of one resource for all animation viewing.
Jul 12, 2017 12:30 AM

Dec 2014
Tyrel said:
MAL database specifically targets the Asian animation scene, not Western. If you want Western, there's plenty of other sites to use.
Tyrel you fagget. Kanade is mai waifu!
Jul 13, 2017 6:12 AM
Jun 2016
Japan is not the same country as China or South Korea. Nor is Japan the same country as the United States. Therefore, anime is either made in Japan or made in ANY country.

If Chinese produced anime is allowed on this site, then so should US produced anime as China has literally NOTHING to do with Japan.

Either take down Chinese produced anime and enforce Japanese only, or include US anime.

--
Oxford Dictionary definition of anime

: A style of Japanese film and television animation, typically aimed at adults as well as children.

Merriam Webster definition of anime

: a style of animation originating in Japan that is characterized by stark colorful graphics depicting vibrant characters in action-filled plots often with fantastic or futuristic the
Jul 13, 2017 6:42 AM

Oct 2015
iTzBubby said:
Japan is not the same country as China or South Korea. Nor is Japan the same country as the United States. Therefore, anime is either made in Japan or made in ANY country.

If Chinese produced anime is allowed on this site, then so should US produced anime as China has literally NOTHING to do with Japan.

Either take down Chinese produced anime and enforce Japanese only, or include US anime.

--
Oxford Dictionary definition of anime

: A style of Japanese film and television animation, typically aimed at adults as well as children.

Merriam Webster definition of anime

: a style of animation originating in Japan that is characterized by stark colorful graphics depicting vibrant characters in action-filled plots often with fantastic or futuristic the
It's sort of a rule established since the creation of the site, it's not something you can just ignore and remove easily. As stated by Tyrel, there are plenty of other sites you can use.
Jul 16, 2017 9:30 PM

Jul 2017
Someone here said "those chinese animations are made in japan". Sorry, please don't talk if you don't know.

Big example, here in MyAnimeList you can check for Quan Zhi Gao Shou. Chinese, chinese producers, chinese company and animators. So, why is it here then? Castlevania is great, it is really well done and besides the obvious Americanized direction (position of camera at fighting scenes, that kind of stuff), it SHOULD be here, doesn't matter where it was made.

It also was made by Netflix. Ok, so if Japanese-side of netflix made a anime it should be here? Because, you know, Netflix isn't a place. It is a network. Anything made there is meant to global market, not japan. So it comes down to literal nationality, and not approval? Then we go back to Quan Zhi Gao Shou topic. Why chinese animation is here then?

This conversation, and rule, is just a loop. There is not any real reason not to put titles on the database besides "it isn't asian". If whitewashing is real, then this kind of situation is the extreme opposite of the topic. I'm not trying to make a fuzz about it, is just how it looks for me. And it is just stupid.

Plus, who made it killed themselves with the "what is anime" checklist. Voice actors, art, soundtrack, just so it would be well accepted in Japan too. Why not here?

Anyway, this is a non-sense (and endless) discussion. The administration and part of the user base should just stop the prejudice.

Best regards.

[edit]
Doesn't matter if it is a rule from the creation of the world, it CAN be simply changed anytime, is just a matter of adding the title to the database or not.
But oh well, we don't own the website anyway. It all comes down to the owners opinion and will. And they do not win or lose anything not changing this rule. They couldn't give two *cares* about it, even if they do.
akiraicJul 16, 2017 9:36 PM
Jul 17, 2017 3:56 AM

Jan 2015
It sounds like this site has redefined what "anime" means here to suit their purposes, it is inconsistent.

It has always been "animation made in Japan" now you've changed that to "eastern countries", which is pretty ridiculous. Imagine how many anime China might start making in the future. Well if you go East far enough you reach United States btw.

It's really weird, it sounds like you just dont want animation made by white people or something.

China animation is as much anime as Castlevania.

And unlike freaking King's Avatar, Castlevania has JAPANESE DUB already, so weebs can watch with subs.

The only good reasoning for including something like King's Avatar is because it uses Japanese style of animation and artstyle, many techniques borrowed from Japanese. It is the kind of product that appeals to anime fans - and not because it's EASTERN, Jesus. I can guarantee that 90% of people watching something like that would also watch it if it was from the West, and "east" had nothing to do with watching it, nor should it.

Which is why Castlevania should also be included because it is the kind of product that appeals to fans of anime and uses many techniques from Japanese animation - it's not Rick and morty or Archer. Hell, Reflection coming from Deen looks way less an anime.

Anyway, anime being "asian" or "eastern" animation makes no sense, and is a retarded definition.

There needs to be some rule, sure, but one that makes sense and then you stay consistent with it. Either include only animation from Japan, or make a rule that allows for exceptions that appeals to anime fans, because of style inspired by Japanese anime.
FrozenkexJul 17, 2017 4:08 AM
Jul 17, 2017 8:13 AM

Jun 2011
Gotta agree that it's inconsistent to allow Chinese and Korean animation. Anime = Japanese
Jul 17, 2017 8:28 AM

Aug 2014
If they add Castlevania, then they'll have to add shows like Avatar and RWBY that also have anime influences, and before you know it people will start demanding they add any Western cartoon that appear to have some kind of anime influence - whether it's Samurai Jack, The Powerpuff Girls, or even The Boondocks. I mean, what about that one episode of South Park where all the characters are drawn like anime? Should we include that? And most people are only looking at American animation rather than all of what the west can offer. What if you start looking at a country like France? They have cartoons that have anime influences such as Wakfu - so should that be included in the database as well?

Chinese cartoons may not be considered to be "true" anime, but having MAL only include Eastern animation is still more consistent than adding anything that slightly resembles anime.
#dicksoutforhughmungus
Jul 17, 2017 12:40 PM

Jan 2015
MyEnglishIsGood said:
and before you know it people will start demanding they add any Western cartoon that appear to have some kind of anime influence - whether it's Samurai Jack, The Powerpuff Girls, or even The Boondocks.

You are making a slippery slope argument. YOu add things that makes sense, and you dont add that doesn't. MAL has rights to add or not to add things.

They have cartoons that have anime influences such as Wakfu - so should that be included in the database as well?

I havent seen them, so i don't know. Maybe? If Chinese animation is added then other countries should also have chance to have their animation added depending on their style and appeal.

but having MAL only include Eastern animation is still more consistent than adding anything that slightly resembles anime.

sorry your argument as to why is a poor one. Including anything Eastern means that not only there will be Japanese animation added, but any garbage from China that no normal anime fan is interested in (will get worse in the future), which is a lot more than making exceptions to include fantastic Japanese-inspired animation that appeals to anime fans.

What the hell is Eastern animation even? It's not a thing, there's just Japanese animation and animation inspired by Japanese. Nothing in genes of Eastern people make them adapt Japanese style better than say western people.

This is more to do with some kind of reverse xenophobia or something "we dont want things made by hamburgers, we want things from people who look asian."
Jul 18, 2017 3:24 PM

Jul 2017
MyEnglishIsGood said:
still more consistent than adding anything that slightly resembles anime.

We are not talking about something that "slightly resembles anime". Did you watched Castlevania? It is REALLY good, well made, original JAPANESE voiced and everything, it had in mind the Japanese public, so of course it was well made to that end. We are not talking about Avatar, Justice League. And if a cartoon put a episode anime-like that is just a parody, not a title worth to be here.

Also, THAT is the point: we already have moderation for that matter. They can simply not put that on the database, only the real quality ones, and not the "based on anime" or "influenced by anime" like you said. Clastlevania simply deserves to be here. I have Japanese friends that don't even knew Castlevania was made outside japan, that alone should say a lot.
Jul 18, 2017 6:25 PM

Sep 2016
Cool serie, for now promises much, but sadly the next season it's in one year.
Jul 19, 2017 4:46 AM

Mar 2015
"it looks good" "it's look japanese"

why need to looks good to be difined as anime? how do you define "japanese look like" anime? how about "western look like" japanese animation? thats confusing hence why databse really prefer geographical restriction...

and people who complain about south korea and chinese animation, it's happened because western ignorance about them when asian animation starting to popular in western... and confusion still continue to this days and already lot of them in database already... not to mention there is lot joint production between them... that's like the fundamental of databese totally... and it's not special to MAL anyways...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jul 19, 2017 5:40 AM

Aug 2014
Frozenkex said:
MyEnglishIsGood said:
and before you know it people will start demanding they add any Western cartoon that appear to have some kind of anime influence - whether it's Samurai Jack, The Powerpuff Girls, or even The Boondocks.

You are making a slippery slope argument. YOu add things that makes sense, and you dont add that doesn't. MAL has rights to add or not to add things.

How does it not make sense? Castlevania isn't the first cartoon that people have demanded to be added, and I'm sure it won't be the last.
I, as well as a lot of other people, use this website to discover and keep track of anime. If MAL listened to every demand and started adding Western shows as well, then this website would become one giant mess.

They have cartoons that have anime influences such as Wakfu - so should that be included in the database as well?

I havent seen them, so i don't know. Maybe? If Chinese animation is added then other countries should also have chance to have their animation added depending on their style and appeal.

No, other countries shouldn't have a chance, this site is for anime.

but having MAL only include Eastern animation is still more consistent than adding anything that slightly resembles anime.

sorry your argument as to why is a poor one. Including anything Eastern means that not only there will be Japanese animation added, but any garbage from China that no normal anime fan is interested in (will get worse in the future), which is a lot more than making exceptions to include fantastic Japanese-inspired animation that appeals to anime fans.

What the hell is Eastern animation even? It's not a thing, there's just Japanese animation and animation inspired by Japanese. Nothing in genes of Eastern people make them adapt Japanese style better than say western people.

This is more to do with some kind of reverse xenophobia or something "we dont want things made by hamburgers, we want things from people who look asian."

Okay, let me change 'Eastern' to 'Asian'. - Having MAL only include Asian animation is still more consistent than adding anything that slightly resembles anime.
It's got nothing to do with xenophobia or reverse xenophobia. It's called having some kind of order or consistency.
There are plenty other websites that include anime-inspired/influenced cartoons, so you can always use one of them instead.

akiraic said:
MyEnglishIsGood said:
still more consistent than adding anything that slightly resembles anime.

Also, THAT is the point: we already have moderation for that matter. They can simply not put that on the database, only the real quality ones, and not the "based on anime" or "influenced by anime" like you said. Clastlevania simply deserves to be here. I have Japanese friends that don't even knew Castlevania was made outside japan, that alone should say a lot.

What do you mean "only the real quality ones," who will decide what is quality enough to be added? People will just be bias and argue that one show is more deserving than another to be added, and some will argue that no show deserves to be added, and before you know it chaos will ensue. I've never understood why people are so adamant about having something be added or considered as anime like having that label attached suddenly makes it better. And if it's just because people want to be able to discuss it, there are other (better) forums out there to discuss them. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
#dicksoutforhughmungus
Jul 19, 2017 6:31 AM

Jan 2015
Castlevania isn't the first cartoon that people have demanded to be added, and I'm sure it won't be the last.

Yeah, i didn't know chinese anime were allow here . If chinime is allowed then so should westime as well.

use this website to discover and keep track of anime.

how many cartoons that are produced only in China or Korea have you watched?

If MAL listened to every demand and started adding Western shows as well, then this website would become one giant mess.

if its gonna be adding korean and chinese shows then it will become no less a "mess".

MyEnglishIsGood said:
No, other countries shouldn't have a chance, this site is for anime.

Okay explain to me why chinese cartoons are considered anime, rationally please.

Okay, let me change 'Eastern' to 'Asian'. - Having MAL only include Asian animation is still more consistent than adding anything that slightly resembles anime.

you are not really demonstrating why it's "more consistent". In anime community that doesn't consider things like "Avatar" anime, it has always been JAPANESE animation. Asia=!Japan, they are all different cultures. Since when it's "Asian animation" ??? That hasn't really been the case in any relevant community.

There are plenty other websites that include anime-inspired/influenced cartoons, so you can always use one of them instead.

and do you think that those other websites are a "giant mess" as you suggested?

I've never understood why people are so adamant about having something be added or considered as anime like having that label attached suddenly makes it better. And if it's just because people want to be able to discuss it, there are other (better) forums out there to discuss them. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You seem to be fine with Chinimation being considered anime. Imagine it's removed and it's just Japanese animation. I guess if someone said what you just did, you'd just be fine with it? LIke "go discuss chinese cartoons somewhere else" ?
Jul 19, 2017 6:33 AM
Feb 2017
lanblade said:

Cheating Craft is not from japan.
Jul 19, 2017 10:28 AM

Jan 2011
CrazyKing508 said:
lanblade said:

Cheating Craft is not from japan.

Read the whole thread before you reply.
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1634852&show=0#msg51431202
Jul 19, 2017 11:35 AM
Jul 2018
I watched it and it was pretty fucking good, but it needs to be produced in Japan for the Japanese Market, despite the Chinese studios, but fuck it ASIA.
Jul 19, 2017 4:29 PM
Feb 2017
The idea that anime is only from Japan falls apart because of shows like Cheating Craft and Bloodivoors. But if you consider anime a style than it doesn't matter where its from. And if MAL continues with anime only being from Japan then I want Hello Kitty thank you.
Jul 19, 2017 5:13 PM
Jul 2018
CrazyKing508 said:
The idea that anime is only from Japan falls apart because of shows like Cheating Craft and Bloodivoors. But if you consider anime a style than it doesn't matter where its from. And if MAL continues with anime only being from Japan then I want Hello Kitty thank you.

I think hello kitty is here. At least some of it.
Hold up. Yeah it is. All of it. I have to awkwardly update my list.
Jul 19, 2017 5:16 PM
Feb 2017
YayaChibi said:
CrazyKing508 said:

That was meant to be a joke, MAL really needs to fix its definition of anime.
Jul 19, 2017 5:20 PM
Jul 2018
CrazyKing508 said:
YayaChibi said:

That was meant to be a joke, MAL really needs to fix its definition of anime.

lol IK. We have these really fucked up ways on the website lol
Jul 20, 2017 4:39 AM
Nov 2016
Where the anime "Castlevania Animated" (Netflix)?
Is He posted here?
Jul 20, 2017 7:32 AM
Nov 2012
Tyrel said:

What are some of these sites? I've only ever known mal and anidb(which I never use cuz mal>)
Jul 20, 2017 10:52 AM

Nov 2015
dafckingman said:
What are some of these sites? I've only ever known mal and anidb(which I never use cuz mal>)

I believe one of these sites is the ANN source which OP posted. ANN also has its own
anime/manga tracking feature.
Jul 21, 2017 1:20 AM
Aug 2013
I'd love it if we could have a vote to see what most of the userbase wants for the requirements of adding a show to the database.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Anime DB - Post Modification Requests Here ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cyruz - May 15, 2016

8684 by Psychomorphosis »»
10 hours ago

Sticky: » Anime DB - Post Genre/Theme Requests Here ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Mar 28, 2022

681 by SurgingSoulZX »»
Yesterday, 7:33 AM

» My Daemon ( 1 2 )

marcolacson - Nov 26, 2023

50 by veduHMY »»
Apr 23, 3:36 PM

» will the Scott Pilgrim anime be added to the database? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GanjiTheDude - Mar 30, 2023

756 by YoshiYogurt »»
Apr 20, 1:12 PM

» Could we stop having Justin Cook at the start of every anime entry's staff list?

El-Melloi - Jul 29, 2023

10 by MadanielFL »»
Apr 20, 11:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.