Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 7, 2017 10:16 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I just love how intimidiating some of the characters are.

We got a new OP song this episode as well, nice. Pretty much an episode of Nina having her homecoming. I'm really happy to see Nina in such high spirits after escaping with Jeanne. They even took a bath together!

Gotta love how the village welcomed her back. Nina's grandma is quite something though...like I wasn't expecting her to look that old.
Stark700Jul 7, 2017 4:32 PM
Jul 7, 2017 11:53 AM

Aug 2014
The second opening looks so cheaply done, the first one was MUCH better
Jul 7, 2017 11:55 AM

Nov 2015
The art in this episode kinda looked better or was it just me?

And those kids really love Nina. I mean she's great I get it. And the part where Jeanne introduced herself to Nina's grandma was quite funny.

And the OP is kinda catchy.

Jul 7, 2017 11:58 AM

Aug 2014
This season has be painfully slow so far.
Jul 7, 2017 12:03 PM

Feb 2013
LUCIFER IS BACK!!!

Also, nice to see Cerberus again!

Jul 7, 2017 12:07 PM

Jul 2014
The problem with the court life has finally caught up with the show in its full force, and I just can't go past how corny Charioce's everyday life is shown to be. Something dies within me during those first minutes. And why the hell is he dressed by female maids? Gotta go facepalm for a while. I will ignore the existence of these scenes for now.
Why everyone is so scared of Charioce? And why not show something informative? I'd rather watch him interact with Kaisar, even if it's a loss in terms of direct fanservice.
Can't they fricking give some personality to the character who is simultaneously the main driving force of the story, the main antagonist, the main love interest and a legendary figure? Besides pretty, cool and occasionally murderous, I mean? At least explain when and to whom he is murderous.

Dat ending though. It's too fanservicey for my liking, and it's too early for this sort of thing, but the song is catchy and had to be done at some point. Still probably not as the ending in the middle of it all - since, yanno, they're not done yet.
I much prefer their heavy openings. They make Bahamut stand apart.

Wow, what's with Nina's father complex?..
And Dias is strange. But so is the Onyx Soldiers leader.
Now Kaisar plans to revolt, I guess. I hoped for something better, but that's a way to do it. Even though he himself is to blame for the fall from grace of his knights partially. Alexander sure isn't doing well for them, that's true.

At least it looks like the king will move the plot next time. My bet is that it's some containment thing related to demons (or either that old civilization, but probably demons), and it's not going to hold. Maybe we'll meet Lucifer finally. (Why does he look so much like Azazel? Are they blood related?)

All in all I can't say that I liked this episode too much, it's was too slow and I don't care too much about cozy villagers, even though it explained a lot about the main ship.
deadoptimistJul 7, 2017 12:30 PM
Jul 7, 2017 12:16 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Ayyy finally an OP that doesn't make my ears bleed and puke all over. Though this one was kinda weird too... and the new ED even more so lol

The show as a whole is just getting better and better every week though
Jul 7, 2017 12:28 PM

Feb 2015
Holy heck! The opening is wonderful!

This episode was super laid back and relaxing. Nina talking about her feelings for the first time and I must say the ending song surprised me the most. It was too... "shoujo-esque"?! :/
Jul 7, 2017 12:40 PM

Jun 2014
I think the new OP is pretty good but the visuals were kind of weird. The new ED was all right too.

More of a cool down episode before we see the land of the gods, but it was nice to see the villagers' interactions with Nina and Jeanne, especially the scene between Jeanne and Nina's mom.

Also I think it's kind of funny how an episode titled 'Homecoming' came out on the same day as Spider Man: Homecoming.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 7, 2017 12:42 PM

Nov 2016
Liked the new opening a little bit more than the first one.

Lovely episode, seeing Nina back home was really fun, I enjoyed the girls talk between her and Jeanne too.

I also liked that we got a bit of an explanation for what really triggers Ninas transformations and it seems like it's some kind of self defense mechanism.

Jeanne was plagued by guilt, but she was comforted by Ninas mother.

Granny as dragon is quite impressive.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 7, 2017 12:42 PM

Feb 2014
The new OP and ED are awesome!
And the most hilarious part was the scene change from Jeanne's crying to Alexander's blargh!!!
Like Nina I really can't come to hate Charioce.
So this is just a guess,is Bahamut Nina's father?
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jul 7, 2017 12:48 PM
Jul 2016
mistaflake said:
This season has been painfully slow so far.

It has been the biggest problem so far. After episode 8 (when they got into prison) i thought the show would pick up the pace but it has actually become even slower. Ironically, even Nina's grandma was blowing on her tea for about half a minute in a scene reminiscent of Shiki eating ice cream in KnK

deadoptimist said:
Dat ending though. It's too fanservicey for my liking, and it's too early for this sort of thing, but the song is catchy and had to be done at some point. Still probably not as the ending in the middle of it all.

Both the new opening and ending are kinda soft for Bahamut. Oh well at least we got this...

MouloxasJul 27, 2017 10:25 AM
Jul 7, 2017 12:59 PM
Mar 2013
I don't know how to feel about the new op and ed tho lolol.. ..
I like how refreshing and "reverse gaze" they are but at the same time, they're both pretty corny...? Am I watching Akatsuki no Yona again? LOL

The actual episode content was a little slow, but entertaining at least! Hope they keep more of the dark themes in the future though.

Edit: BTW I just realized there's a lot of er, "aliens" or space themes in the op and ed. Could it be that the forces before gods, demons and man that the angel was talking about were aliens? Just where is this series heading LOL
asdfghjk14789632Jul 7, 2017 1:52 PM
Jul 7, 2017 1:04 PM
May 2010
This anime is great and all, the slow pace is cuz its a 24 ep series however I am saddened
by disappearance of ''certain character'' really genuinely worried about him every week. XD
I am all for charioce x nina since Charioce has shown he's not that bad and I can't hate him either
dunno where this all is heading would love for lucifer to show up and take care of Azazel.

Also new OP is great, never was a fan of the first except for its style.
ArtemisMeikoJul 7, 2017 1:11 PM
Jul 7, 2017 1:06 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Very sincere episode that played only in the village and had great focus on the friendship of Nina and Jeanne.

Jeanne finally let it all out :)
Jul 7, 2017 1:12 PM

Jul 2014
Mouloxas said:
Both the new opening and ending are kinda soft for Bahamut. Oh well at least we got this...

Lool. That's an amazing spoiler tag!

I really like that PV where Nina's "that's love" and then shit gets real. I mean, I like romance in Bahamut, but what's truly great that it's not pure romance, we have shoujo for that. New op and ed don't deliver on this front, though I like the flying fortress firing it's magical engines in the op.
Jul 7, 2017 1:41 PM
Jun 2017
Yeah enjoyed watching as usual :)
Jul 7, 2017 1:43 PM

Apr 2016
Baa-chan best character of this episode.

Meanwhile we get again how "grey" Charioce is, this time from Nina's perspective.

Thank to the change, it was the first time ever I manage to listen the OP of this show in full and the new ED is fun.
Jul 7, 2017 2:09 PM

Jul 2016
Old sleepy grandma is secretly a badass dragon. I can get behind that :)

Jul 7, 2017 2:15 PM

Dec 2015
Daaaamn grandma dragon is huge.

I liked the new OP, it was better from the previous one which was just screaming with nice visuals, although I would've preferred less CG. The new ED though is pretty cool with all the dancing.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jul 7, 2017 2:45 PM
Mar 2016
Oh man, that barber looks soooo nervous when shaving Chaorice loos a scene taken from the untouchables where Capone is getting a Shave and then get's a knick on the face.

Jul 7, 2017 2:45 PM

Jul 2013
That grandma is absolutely hilarious. Best part of the episode.
Nice to see Cerberus again.

Respecting the new OP/ED, I didn't liked the OP much, but at least confirmed Lucifer is going to appear eventually. The ED was very cool though. Loved those dancing moves.
Jul 7, 2017 2:53 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Ba-chan is one impressive looking beast.

I never thought I would type that sentence.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 7, 2017 2:54 PM

Jan 2009
that grandma dragonfolk has one cool dragon form

time for Nina and Jeanne to go to the god's homeland

i like the opening video song and the ending video song seems to imply Charioce X Nina will happen in later parts?
Jul 7, 2017 3:02 PM

Sep 2013
Ok. - Why does Jeanne seem to be so faithful towards the gods still? How exactly did Jeanne end up being pregnant? You would expect that the prison guards (and the guards that take prisoners in the boats) would have the green powers as well since their task was to prevent the highest criminals frmo escaping. How exactly do green powers work? Why most demons look so weak when not (seemingly) under influence of green power? Why would the gods protect the secret that could create a Bahamut-like weapon instead of destroying it? How was the Bahamut-like weapon secret stolen? Why didn't the Gods used the Bahamut-like weapon against the Bahamut itself? Why did the royal guards imprisoned Favaro? Why Favaro stayed imprisoned? If there is a village of dragon people that are like "mini Bahamuts", and they don't hide this fact (as you can see when Favaro went there and drank with the ladies), why didn't people seek their power against Bahamut in the first season (the "fireball doesn't sound like a good excuse)?

I don't know if these questions make sense but I just feel like this series has many let downs. It had a great potential, but it feels like it's being wasted.
Jul 7, 2017 3:08 PM

Oct 2015
oh God, Cerberus is so hot!
wtf this new Ending, wakaranai =P
Jul 7, 2017 3:24 PM

Dec 2016
That BAHA BAHA BAHA SOUL was fucking amazing!!!

shit!! he got me! that fucking Poly
boomed me! he's so good! (x4)
Jul 7, 2017 3:25 PM

Apr 2012
Since we have already seen half of it, i can say it is (probably maybe) a wasted potential. i loooveeed first few episodes, it surprised me how interesting and well made it was. but now... hmmm. everything is so halfassed, so many plotholes and a looot of random things happend (imo that "secret weapon"...) ->and nothing was explained -> however, there is still some time left ;D i hope things get a bit more clear in the future :) cause i like the show.
However, it is fun to watch. i still love it.
But- i can't get to like the king. -.- am i the only one???? :0 probably.
I kinda hoped for the azazelxnina ship :$ yeah, it totally sinked. like totally. but it was there for a moment!!) ;'D
And the new ED is hilarious. i like the fanservice xD

"A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you'll know the debt is paid." (A Clash of Kings)
Jul 7, 2017 3:31 PM

Nov 2010
skayler-kia said:

I kinda hoped for the azazelxnina ship :$ yeah, it totally sinked. like totally. but it was there for a moment!!) ;'D

Me too,hope Azazel will have something at least. The Nina x Charioce ship seems too forced.
Jul 7, 2017 3:33 PM

Jan 2016
The opening was really diffrent from the other 2 openings, I like it but it wasn't what I expected. This episode played out in the dragon village, good that we got a whole episode for the village cause I like the world of Shingeki No Bahamut.

Damn Jeanne looked FINE in that dress and with her hair tied up the way it was. Oh and sleepy granny turned into this badass dragon!
Jul 7, 2017 3:34 PM

Jul 2014

I agree that there're way too many questions unanswered, but I think that I can offer thought on some of these.

Why wouldn't Jeanne be faithful? They have always been supportive towards her, she got powers, a lover and a child from them. And she blames herself for being corrupted and ruining it. She is the one person for whom it absolutely makes sense to be faithful towards the gods, it's more beneficial for her too - she suffers for them, they're likely to save her because of El and to make her into an advert again. Like, they're her best bet even if she probably isn't calculating in her faith.
She got pregnant bacuse of Michael's magic, I suppose. It's consistent with religious undertones too. Tho maybe Gabriel had something to do with it as well. Magic anyways.

The way Jeanne, Kaisar and Favaro are treated in prison makes zero sense. Jeanne and Kaisar should at least (if not executed) be in solitary and away in special facilities. Favaro's imprisonment doesn't make sense at all.

Charioce raided gods' sanctuaries to make his weapon happen, but I too would love to know where he got the info and how he could organize such an endeavor. The way he is shown he is far from the necessary levels of drive and efficiency.

Maybe the weapon is too dangerous/complex, so hiding it was the only way. Also it had to be constructed, so there may have been only some magic and blueprints to steal.

I am also baffled by the fact that dragon people just chill like that and nobody minds it, but I don't think they're anywhere on the power level of Bahamut, so Nina's father could very well die in the calamity. Nina's dragon form is enraged and uncontrollable, so that's why she may give off that impression. But the rest seems to be stronger than flying drakes used in the military, but in no way Bahamut-like. (Bahamut is giant for starters.)
What I am interested in is that the granny said it was gods and demons who fought together. Does she forget humans or it was another war? Does it imply that dragonfolk are really demons?

As for me - I am extremely annoyed by the fact that the king is a giant blank space characterization-wise. Who was buried on the hill he visits? Why is his court so messed up? Why is everyone so scared of him?
What's the religion like for anyone except for the very chosen Jeanne?
What are demons? Like, what do they need from people? Are they fundamentally evil or just conditioned so?
Where did Charioce get his power from? And we really need to know some technicalities of his control over demons.
Why does nobody mind dragon people, a zombie and a talking duck and El's power on display in the coliseum?
What's with the green powered soldiers?
Can the king fight or not?
There're many things better to show than the shaving scene.

AUOdere said:
Edit: BTW I just realized there's a lot of er, "aliens" or space themes in the op and ed. Could it be that the forces before gods, demons and man that the angel was talking about were aliens? Just where is this series heading LOL

Yeah, the tone of the OP is very different. And I am surprised by that shot in the end where enemies stand together and there're colored stars in the sky. Are those lines simply a metaphor? Or these are dragons? I hope that they won't fight aliens with the force of friendship by the end.
Also Charioce crying, whoa.
deadoptimistJul 7, 2017 3:41 PM
Jul 7, 2017 3:44 PM

Sep 2013
@deadoptimist I forgot Gabriel was shocked when the humans built it. I think she also said the gods themselves couldn't have done it. Still, too many unanswered questions regarding this point.

I said "mini Bahamut" because that was the expression used in the anime by one of the characters (either Azazel or Charioce, probably the former). I know Nina powers aren't even close to Bahamut's, but she's strong as hell (her grandma too, considering her "size"), as you can see in the scene where she broke the green barrier or something.

About Jeanne, it baffles me how she can support arrogant gods who used her child as a war weapon as it was like nothing. I also wonder why a semi-god child (M + J) is that strong compared to gods for example (he's their "last hope" after all).

One thing is clear for me is that season 1 was better written. The adventurous aspects are similar, but the delivery this season is frustrating.
Jul 7, 2017 3:56 PM

Jul 2014

That's why I mentioned the detail about Nina being not in control. While other dragon people turn on will, for her it's a protective reaction, so it makes sense that she gives off that vibe of rage that Bahamut does. And maybe with her half-blood things are a bit different - more focused, but for a limited time.
Azazel says so to Rita while being carried away in the wagon after the fight.

But why Jeanne won't support them? El is used, but he also was given godhood (which cured him), and all her troubles come from the king. El fights to free her and to return her religion, so while he is in danger, for her he's on the right side. And she doesn't know how sketchy Gabriel is in this case.

I think that the issue is that El is either a descendant or reincarnation of Michael, and Michael was special, in that he had the weird power. El is the only one who holds it, in the red eye. It looks like it's quite possible that for gods it's not genes that are important.

I think that the first season was more focused and it's road plot saved them from many problems that they run into when they attempt another type of story. Politics and developing a city as a setting are two things they fail on spectacularly for some reason.
Jul 7, 2017 4:00 PM

Oct 2012
The new op was good but have to say I have the mixed feelings about the new ED - don't like that much, the old one was better.

Kinda silly episode this time as it was mostly about carefree Nina but I liked the part where Jeanne faced her inner demons while talking to Nina's mother. To think she was even responsible for her father's death she's just carrying so heavy burden around.

Also - the ending card greatness:
Mich666Jul 7, 2017 4:03 PM
Jul 7, 2017 4:18 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Great episode. It was nice seeing Nina going back to her hometown with bringing Jeanne with her to help her out. Nina and Jeanne had some nice moments together before they left again which is sweet. Granny don't play cause she looks like an OP dragon lmao.

Also was nice to see Cerberus again since she's soo fucking hot. That said, the new OP/ED are ok. I prefer the 1st OP over this new one and I really like the new ED. It was fun seeing all the characters dressed up well in a Cinderella like setting where they dance.

Can't wait for the next episode!
Jul 7, 2017 4:28 PM

Aug 2013
Nice OP and the ED is funny with all that dancing. Lucifer in the OP. I wonder where he is.

The way the village welcomed back Nina was nice. Everyone in her hometown knows her. The scene between Jeanne and Nina's mother was nice. Jeanne finally let it all out. She went through a lot.

The grandma is quite impressive transforming into a big dragon. And that dragon in the preview is her. Nice end card.

Jul 7, 2017 4:48 PM
Aug 2014
Wonder if they are going down the "bad guy is actually a good guy trying to save the world" path with that ending scene.
Jul 7, 2017 5:07 PM
Jul 2017
Did that Ed really happen or am I dreaming?! I was not expecting that at all lol.it was so cute and weird at the same time.It feels like a shoujo Ed and man don't love dancing in anime.

Also I've been noticing alot of people saying that there is stuff still going unanswered. What I have to say to that is the show is not over so of course there is going to be things not said yet. However I do agree there are things needing explainaton revoling around Characters. I like said to other people we need a back story soon for Charioce it has to be next episode because this war is approaching and I don't want to go into it without knowing Characters personal motivations.

Next episode would be the best from that last scene in this episode would be a good Segway in to it.
Jul 7, 2017 5:17 PM

Aug 2013
That new OP was catchy af. But yeah. Good ep.
Don't believe the hype.
Jul 7, 2017 5:38 PM

Dec 2012
Awesome episode. The new OP song is decent, but I like the 1st one more. ED song is great though. Love the visuals & dancing in the club is cool.

The Dragon Village is so amazing & wonderful. Nina embracing all her siblings was so sweet. Peep-Peep is adorable. Love how everyone is so welcoming.

Jeanne crying was sad, but it was good of her to let it all out after everything she has been through. Nina's mum is just great.

Granny is one fierce dragon. So that's the image in the Next Episode Previews.
Off to the land of the Gods.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jul 7, 2017 5:53 PM

May 2014
Second op is good but has nothing on the first...BUT, they totally made up for it with the new ending song.
I had to replay it a few times bc it was so good.

Basically, the Nina x Charioce ship has sailed so far out that it might get to Raftel before the Straw hats do lmao

I love how they suddenly started clubbing too.

Episode was a pretty chilled out one, and granny's dragon form caught me off guard!! Looks like the start of a 2-parter next week, and hopefully a reunion between El and Jeanne. Also please give me more Azazel, Favaro and Nina.
Thnx MAPPA.

EDIT: Also found it weird how Nina's mother said she turns into a dragon whenever she sees someone like her dad...like wtf, does she have a father-complex? Or maybe it's alluding to Charioce being a good guy deep down. I mean, Nina's dad died protecting the country so maybe something similar will happen with Charioce??
Strawberrycake48Jul 7, 2017 6:13 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 7, 2017 6:00 PM

May 2010
New op - amazing, although what's up with black bars during it? Normal screen resolution would look a lot better >_> Oh welp.
ALSO DAT SINGLE TEAR FROM CHARIOCE, HNNNNNNG I INSTANTLY FORGIVE ALL YOUR SINS FOR THAT

All bishies >________< Better not be just some teasing, they need to be IN the story dammit!

Ending song is kinda meh, but the visuals + modern Cinderella story = >w<! Ahh guys in the prince outfits, I'm meltiiiiing!

Oh, as for actual episode, it was quite sweet, and dragon-grandma is awesome, especially with that hairy chin lolz.

Anyway, pump it!
Jul 7, 2017 6:13 PM

Dec 2012
Ahh.... nice new OP, good song.

Hmm... Nina still loves the King. sigh. this king maybe have the sense knocked later and turned out to be sane and wise King, maybe ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 7, 2017 6:43 PM

Mar 2016
New OP still holds up, new ED is better
Lie until what you want to be true becomes truth. Lie until you can't remember what's a lie and what isn't.  Lie until you aren't lying anymore!
Figures
Jul 7, 2017 7:49 PM

Jan 2014
THAT OPENING SONG THO
Jul 7, 2017 8:38 PM

Jan 2015
Lots of Nina's smug face to "collect" by SS-ing it.
So Nina and Jeanne just going to Nina's homeland for asking about the Land of Gods but taking a relaxation day instead, thanks to the elder. >_<
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jul 7, 2017 9:00 PM
Jul 2017
Kitsu-nee said:

Ending song is kinda meh, but the visuals + modern Cinderella story = >w<! Ahh guys in the prince outfits, I'm meltiiiiing!

Is it just me or does this dance feel more like a prom than a night club? I just get that vibe from all the out fits everyone is wearing.
Jul 7, 2017 9:34 PM

Jun 2015
I like the new OP and ED, but not as much as the first ones. Got to visit Nina's village. Everyone knows her and the kids are adorable. The granny is amusing and it was cool when she turned into her dragon form. The scene between Jeanne and Nina's mom. She went through a lot. Got to learn the real reason for what triggers Nina's transformation.
Jul 7, 2017 9:59 PM

Jan 2014
Loved the new ed song, especially the dancing part :3

Jul 7, 2017 10:33 PM

May 2010
Tigerblanket said:
Kitsu-nee said:

Is it just me or does this dance feel more like a prom than a night club? I just get that vibe from all the out fits everyone is wearing.

No idea, but for me it was more like classic fairy tale characters go clubbing theme, actually. I mean guys going on a prom would probably wear tuxedos, right? Not fancy prince outfits lolz.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2017

316 by Xxbrunoguerra »»
Mar 12, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2017

99 by latght »»
Dec 12, 2023 4:06 PM

» When does this epic series return?

NexCore - Apr 7, 2022

8 by GraviticF7L »»
Oct 7, 2023 7:20 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2017

112 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 21, 2023 3:45 PM

» A Question..

L-Lawliet7 - Feb 9, 2023

2 by Aotfangirl »»
Feb 15, 2023 6:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.