Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 9, 2017 8:36 PM

Apr 2011
I love the concept of time abilities, but can they only control objects????

the animation didn't meet my expectations

and THEY KEEP TALKING LIKE WHAT? BLAH BLAH YOU CAN'T CHANGE THE PAST. the amount of overly drawn talking is ridiculous. was it to drill that reality into the Koyuki's head?

the ending was laughable almost like Koyuki was just a damsel of the week.

Victo and Kiri's twist was surprising for sure.
Jul 9, 2017 11:03 PM

Jan 2014
This has a reallllyy strong resemblance to some of the fight scenes used in K. Maybe they're directed by the same person.

Either way, the animation is quite sub-par compared to other shows that are airing and the comedy feels very 'lolrandom'.

Feels like a poor man's Bungou Stray Dogs.

It's very jarring with the shift of tone changes that happened frequently.

The ending was somewhat interesting.

This show is probably one of the worst shows to be airing this season. That's a shame. I wanted it to be pretty good.
Jul 10, 2017 1:46 AM

Jul 2017
umm....it doesn't convince me that much, writing was forced and rushed as hell and I am still no sure witch part of the world is the setting even supposed to be...

But I will give it one or two episodes more before deciding to drop it
Jul 10, 2017 3:01 AM
Jul 2017
i am new to myanimelist and i am a bit confuse, everyone here see the flaws of the anime and i see it to, soo... why the 2 reviews are so dam high score?, not just this anime, there is a lot of bad anime with ridiculous high score in this site , they are like "omg cool design this anime is 10/10"
Jul 10, 2017 6:03 AM

Oct 2013
"Slow down", how to have an excuse for doing some scenes of an anime slow and laggy as fuck

PS : also... THIS is supposed to be cute ?! what a freak!
TitadouJul 10, 2017 6:08 AM
Jul 10, 2017 6:39 AM

Jun 2013
that was pretty generic
Jul 10, 2017 6:51 AM

Jun 2013
Oh cmon what with the hate! Lackluster animation aside, this was pretty fun!
Jul 10, 2017 8:20 AM

Apr 2013
Am i weird or this episode was kinda similiar to first episode of d.gray-man? xD
Jul 10, 2017 8:59 AM

May 2008
The fight scenes and atmosphere sort of remind me of K Project and D Gray Man...except this is just done super poorly. It feels rushed, nothing makes sense, the acting is too over dramatic, and the execution just isn't done right. Plus there's too many scene shifts with too many characters way too fast.

Not sure if I'll drop this or not. I'll watch 3 episodes before making that choice.

Jul 10, 2017 9:02 AM

Dec 2014
well that was totally a twist ...the kid was the father...I was so not expecting that
Jul 10, 2017 11:04 AM

Jul 2015
Episode wast half bad, kind of liked the OST and also the animation was ok.
Story seems interesting enoght to keep me going.
Jul 10, 2017 11:14 AM

Nov 2007
anime:"my father"...me:*gasps*
lmao

anyway,they were in anime Prague aka city in which i spend some years of my life,so that was cute.
didn't like the comedy but otherwise it wasn't that terrible,just generic
Jul 10, 2017 11:14 AM
Jul 2018
Yes, pretty much generic from tip to toes. But Kiri saying Victo is his father made me stay on this for the next episode. Will see how it goes then decide whether to drop it or not.
Jul 10, 2017 11:46 AM

Jul 2017
I think this is the first time I couldn't make it through an episode one. Holy god this was really bad.

The comedy, the characters, the atmosphere, just everything was ekk.
Jul 10, 2017 12:28 PM

May 2010
What the hell is this show even about...
Jul 10, 2017 1:21 PM

Oct 2014
The animation was ok, the characters were pretty generic and the dialogue was god awful at times. But I thought that the soundtrack was pretty good and the reveal at the end was good.
Animus and mangos
Jul 10, 2017 2:26 PM

Nov 2014
I really wanted this series to be brilliant but kinda expected the worst reading other peoples comments.... Watched it myself (finally) and it's not bad kinda one persons trash is another persons 25 minutes on the crosstrainer time well spent before work.
Jul 10, 2017 3:26 PM

Jul 2014
They even had splash screens giving the name of the ability they just shouted the name of. I almost want to keep watching to see just how terrible this can get, but no.
Jul 10, 2017 11:11 PM

Oct 2008
the power to slow down time is a bit godlike...even if they don't have the power to go back or go forward...
4/5.

Jul 10, 2017 11:26 PM

Nov 2011
Don't know what the hell you guys are on about. The animation is great, you guys are just being excessively snobby thinking it makes you sound smart. Fuck outta here.
Jul 11, 2017 7:07 AM

Oct 2016
14:00 was like INCURSIOOO

I haven't watched Saint Seiya but this is awfully like Gintama's parody of Saint Seiya
Germs_N_SpicesJul 11, 2017 7:13 AM
Jul 11, 2017 5:43 PM

Jul 2016
I think that we found out too much too soon...I mean, how awesome would it be if we found out that Victor is Kiri's father at the 8th episode?? RIGHT???????

Also, Jun Fukuyama's screams reminded me of Grell Sutcliff a lot (whom I am in love with) and then I realised that Kiri looks like Sebastian Michaelis with glasses??????

Well, this will probably be a boring experience. We'll see.
Jul 11, 2017 5:51 PM

Nov 2013
oh look, the death from going back to the road, after dropping/forgetting something... at least it wasn't as stupid as the one from fuu**, where she would NEVER notice the thing dropping...and yes i'm freaking salty about that episode...

anyway, that part at the end, father is now the youngest =O interesting i guess lol let's see how this goes
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jul 11, 2017 10:38 PM

Jun 2012
Nice visuals, I have no idea what these guys are saying but no static fighting scenes and the dark thematic scenery is good to me.

As for the story, it's average if not generic shonen. I'll stay for more action.

Jul 12, 2017 12:14 AM

May 2017
Shirasho said:
psicosisbk said:
I usually never drop animes, and almost never drop one at first ep but this one, this one is special in that way. I've never seen something so awful.

The episode wasn't really that bad compared to everything else airing this season.

Im surprised you would drop this one instantly considering your top ratings on your list. Some of those had almost objectively worse writing and some had subjectively worse animation, yet you still gave them a high score. I can only presume from your list that you rate very highly on entertainment value, and this episode, while it had some very big flaws, wasn't completely void of entertainment. Correct me if I am wrong.

You are free to enjoy anime however you want and I will not judge whether your taste is good or bad. My own taste is awful but I can still acknowledge good writing, sound, and animation when I see it (this series overall did not have any of the three, but there were spots where it worked ok). My philosophy and yours seem to completely clash which has made me quite interested in your opinion. What completely tipped you over the edge as to drop this after the first episode?

What season are you even referring to rn? Are you even watching 2017 summer anime rn?
Lol what do you mean by saying "The episode wasn't really that bad compared to everything else airing this season." Have you seen Made In Abyss, Kakegurui,
princess principal etc...

I agree completely with @psicosisbk, this compared to the anime airing this season is pretty bad.
- Forced humor
- Forced plot
- Rushing of said plot
- so-so action scenes
- Introducing shit out of thin air which don't make no sense

Overall episode was a 6/10 not gonna drop but will put on hold 'till later episodes come out
Jul 12, 2017 2:24 AM

Dec 2015
Dropped at 6/10.

I really liked the backgrounds (buildings and scenery) - especially at the beginning. Music also was good.

But: The setting/plot seems to be your average generic stuff. And that time-eating monsters only seem cool at 1st sight ... probably getting boring (or not too interesting) later.

Worst was the chars. Char design ... boring. Personality (and humour based on it) was tooo extremely targeted at younger people. I know it is shounen but other shounen are alsoe enjoyable by older people. This stuff is only annoying. (Too much funny scenes that did not fit.)

Without the forced funny stuff and some more "cool" main chars I might have watched it. But this way there are just too much other things to watch this season which are - at least a bit - better.

I lol'd at the last scene when he said the other guy was his father. Should probably be shocking reveal to the viewer. (Well it was a bit ... but I guess they didn't intend to make me laugh that much. :D )

Too bad the only interesting char (the girl) is not listed as main. (I guess she won't appear again.) Nice voice actress btw. Need to check which one (name) later.
Jul 12, 2017 1:52 PM
Mar 2016
Whoa, Victor is actually Wu's dad?

Too bad for the teacher,
Jul 12, 2017 2:55 PM

Sep 2011
FukGoBack said:
Shirasho said:

The episode wasn't really that bad compared to everything else airing this season.

Im surprised you would drop this one instantly considering your top ratings on your list. Some of those had almost objectively worse writing and some had subjectively worse animation, yet you still gave them a high score. I can only presume from your list that you rate very highly on entertainment value, and this episode, while it had some very big flaws, wasn't completely void of entertainment. Correct me if I am wrong.

You are free to enjoy anime however you want and I will not judge whether your taste is good or bad. My own taste is awful but I can still acknowledge good writing, sound, and animation when I see it (this series overall did not have any of the three, but there were spots where it worked ok). My philosophy and yours seem to completely clash which has made me quite interested in your opinion. What completely tipped you over the edge as to drop this after the first episode?

What season are you even referring to rn? Are you even watching 2017 summer anime rn?
Lol what do you mean by saying "The episode wasn't really that bad compared to everything else airing this season." Have you seen Made In Abyss, Kakegurui,
princess principal etc...

I agree completely with @psicosisbk, this compared to the anime airing this season is pretty bad.
- Forced humor
- Forced plot
- Rushing of said plot
- so-so action scenes
- Introducing shit out of thin air which don't make no sense

Overall episode was a 6/10 not gonna drop but will put on hold 'till later episodes come out

You listed 3 anime. There are 35? 40? airing this season. "This thing is relatively good." "HERP DERP YEAH BUTS ITS NOT FIRST!" Relativity my friend. It may be the worst offering that you are watching, but for the few of us that are watching more than 5 shows this season it is definitely one of the top 10 offerings.
Jul 12, 2017 7:29 PM
Apr 2017
Despite all the bad reviews, I personally think that this anime is nice...

The plot is decent and I didn't get bored while watching...

I also think that this anime appears beautiful...

Honestly, it is not bad for a pilot episode...

Overall, I like it and will wait for the next episode...😊
Jul 12, 2017 11:55 PM

Jul 2010
Much like most other series this season, this was bad. Dropped.
Jul 13, 2017 8:32 AM

Jun 2017
Special Effects were pretty and the reveal at the end was excellent.

Otherwise, girl's story was terrible. Plot is generic as heck, and the writing was either too mediocre or too lazy to hide it. Some of the animation really bugged me at times even with my grogginess from overnight shift work.

Bad...
Jul 13, 2017 8:44 AM

Nov 2009
It was rather bad than good, and info dump didn't help. Also, they apparently tried to make us sympathize with the leads through that tear-jerking story but we don't know these characters yet, and I personally don't feel anything for them just yet, so that sad past fell completely flat for me.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jul 13, 2017 12:32 PM
Jul 2015
HeroVladimir93 said:
I only watched the episode two days later because the streaming site had a delay. Anyway, this was a good way to set up the series. This episode has the right amount of quirky humor and poignant pathos, especially when Kiri and Victor are together. The animation is beautiful and the music is incredible, particularly during the action sequences.
I agree with you! The music is great but I feel as though it doesn't fit in with the anime overall.

This first episode seems better than most of the ones I've seen so far in the season.
Jul 14, 2017 7:14 AM

Aug 2015
The first 20 seconds intro was nice, the rest might be a little meh.

Wait and see I guess...
"Vaut mieux se suffire à soi que finir assoiffé dans le monde des apparences."

Jul 14, 2017 8:15 PM
Jul 2018
I like the premise, but everything felt forced about it. ^^" Especially the humor is so forced and eeh.
But the background and monsters look very nice.

So, dear Victor. You can't just tell her what will happen. She must learn it on the hard way! And THEN we will info dump her! (Headcanon: Italia and Victor are cousins or like that. PASTA!)

I don't like the background music. Sorry. ^^"
Jul 14, 2017 8:20 PM

Jun 2015
This was really bad/mediocre, in fact this is the only series out of 7, which I dropped after first episode.

Art/animation is very weak, as well as the forced comedy/ and forced drama about cast we dont even care about, also had bad shounen vibes thats to say I couldnt take seriously the world and the plot, I had to force myself through it, way too boring way too mediocre

Dropped
Swim_SwimJul 14, 2017 8:23 PM
Jul 14, 2017 10:57 PM

Jan 2016
I don't know.. design looks generic. Feels like from Hentai anime. Action is flashy but, there's almost no motion, they talk too much in battle which kills the tension.
Jul 15, 2017 11:30 AM

Mar 2014
why do they fcking need to reveal everything in the very first episode lmaooo
why am i so well drawn into time travel stories?
do i really have that many regrets?
Jul 15, 2017 7:35 PM

Feb 2013
It wasn't bad. I didn't think the music fit very well though.
Did they actually introduce a main girl and write her off all in one episode?...
Jul 17, 2017 4:31 AM

Jul 2009
So Victor is the dad, not brother! And the teacher is gone...
Jul 21, 2017 6:37 AM
Mar 2012
So many comedy complaints, I didnt notice at all... maybe used to BSD & Drifter's level of forced comedy tolerance.
When Truck-kun won was the best comedy.
What's more stark is the drowsy to busy jazz.
2D Ajin kinda cool, cg cuts not too bad, some drawings rough. What's with people's expectations? it's only Project No9, not a large studio. Oh but seems they're doing 2 shows at once.

Wait brocon girl leaving already? she not mc?
Jul 23, 2017 3:16 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
I think the concept is interesting, but you have to wonder where they'll go story wise. Dealing with the concept of time can be tricky.

The music was pretty great though, I always enjoy some good jazz.

When it came to the comedy, I immediately got a Bungo Stray Dogs vibe.

While ultimately being pretty ok, I'm surprised how many people are acting like this is one of the worst things ever.
Aug 3, 2017 2:30 PM
Jun 2017
Decent start I'd say, kinda reminds me of a second rate D-Gray-man which sounds negative but I'm gonna stick with this. The comedy felt a bit strained at parts and the ost wasn't typically my thing, however I quite liked the animation, but I'm hoping the quality doesn't dip as the series goes on.
mygmidasAug 3, 2017 2:35 PM
Aug 4, 2017 7:42 AM

Oct 2015
I don't think the animation is the problem but rather the camera shots are quite awkward sometimes especially during the first few minutes when Wu was chasing the time monster. Is it just me or did people become a lot more picky than before. If it had aired any other year other than 2016-17 I think this would have gotten at least a 7.

It was a nice start, I found it pretty entertaining although how her brother got killed was pretty stupid and generic
Sep 30, 2017 10:56 AM

Nov 2014
TBH this is one of series that i looked forward to in this summer, I like the concept of time manipulation in any aspect of show especially anime, for the 1st episode i think is pretty decent, the joke also decent, the hype is mediocre.

I expected it to be awesome but yeah for me it's good enough for the 1st episode, i hope there are more development in the next episodes.

i quite understand there are a lot of people dislike or didn't enjoyed it
Still, for me i really enjoyed it .
Feb 17, 2023 1:52 AM
Jul 2021
It was an okay-ish kind of episode. Neither good or bad.

I do wonder if her brother got isekai'd somewhere? After all, we're talking about some 21 y/o dude that interacted with none other than mystical, magical Truck kun!

How many times have we seen the same premise? Boy meets truck kun, boy gets isekai'd to la la land, gets uber strong et cetera.
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jikan no Shihaisha Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 18, 2017

14 by Bartfort360 »»
Mar 6, 2023 8:34 AM

Poll: » Jikan no Shihaisha Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2017

28 by Dawizz »»
Feb 17, 2023 2:08 AM

» Why is this rated so low?

zurgboy00 - Jul 29, 2017

43 by DesolatePsyche »»
Sep 7, 2021 3:16 AM

Poll: » Jikan no Shihaisha Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2017

11 by ashlei191 »»
Sep 28, 2020 11:25 PM

» Can We Discuss About Kiri's Parents?

__Akashi__ - Jul 9, 2020

0 by __Akashi__ »»
Jul 9, 2020 1:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.