Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 11, 2018 1:21 AM

Sep 2016
-PotatoChip- said:
punkrockrobot said:
According to its wiki, the Castlevania TV series was animated in the United States. That's why it's not on here.

Aha! That explains it.

Although, I wish people would actually have a discussion with me about that rather than be passive aggressive. If it isn't an anime, talk to me like an adult. I'm here to discuss, not bellyache over an animated series or the fact that Netflix is one of my several go-tos. I just don't see a huge deal with the latter, honestly.

I assumed it was an anime because it was under the anime category on Netflix.

It's nothing against you personally, just the topic and the location it was posted in.
After a while you'll get annoyed with the same questions over and over again, including the ones about various shows that people think should be added to MAL's database, and your replies could become rather snarky.
It likely won't take you long before you stop trying to have a "discussion" every time the topic comes up, and you start to be "passive aggressive" as you put it.

You'll also start to wonder how many people actually read the guidelines for making threads.. (in this case) the part about searching the forums to see if the subject has already been brought up.

I've only had an account here for 2 years (and browsed the forums for 2 years before that), and I've lost count how many threads have been made about various shows that should be considered anime/added to the database.

On that note.... Welcome to the forums.
You're never too old to watch anime.
If I ever stop watching anime, check my pulse I'm likely dead.

I wake up with coffee & anime, I go to sleep with coffee & anime.

Sorry if my sarcasm is bad, it's not my first language.

Oct 11, 2018 3:40 AM

Feb 2013
i for one found it really boring, not unlike your average forgotten pre 2000 ova

i find its existance mildly interesting because i think out of all countries, only the us licensed ova like that, and this series is a consequence of that
Oct 21, 2019 10:00 PM

Dec 2008
When it came out, I was stoked. BUt it was a bit of a slow paced letdown. Season 2 though, was great. SO much more to the point and action and magic of the classic game series'.
Oct 22, 2019 3:19 AM

Dec 2018
Lol, we have finally found out the solution haven't we? This is one useful thread I must say.
. . .
Mar 8, 2020 10:19 PM

May 2019
Season 1 and 2 ended a long arc (about Dracula), but the season 3, divided in 4 small
simultaneous arcs was by far the best.

Amazing how each new season of this increadible animation is becoming better.

Should i create a thread about S3? We cant tell spoilers in this one.

-----------------------------

About the "anime or not" discussion, Netflix's CASTLEVANIA was cleary inspired by Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust, wich is a classic anime movie with original voices in english. Please newcomers, check that work!

But that said, even if based in a japanese game and japanese script, it is not an asian animation. Just like the amazing CGI movie "Alita Battle Angel" is not also.

If the borders between what is "anime/asian animation" and what is western animation become more unclear, to me it is even better! Just means more quality and more diversity of productions in both sides of world. MAL is just a website.
Apr 29, 2020 3:03 PM

Apr 2020
Episode 1:
Watched the first episode and loving it so far. I also recommend going with the (original) English voices. I especially liked Dracula's voice. The peasants too, it fits nicely with the European setting. Also looks like it's gonna be quite gorey, so I'm ready for more!

Episode 2:
"For evil bastards to win power, all ordinary people have to do is stand aside and keep quiet."
Belmont preaching truth. His voice is also top-notch! The way he dealt with those priests was great. Onto the next one.

Episode 3:
Nice action sequence with the Cyclops and the priests at the end. Belmont's a badass. Sypha's comment about peeing in a bucket was funny and the axe throw was a nice nod towards the games.
Also when Belmont removes his cape, he looks like Ezio Auditore. Which is fine with me.

Episode 4:
"And we are all, in the end, slaves to our family's wishes."
The Bishop gets a nice little kiss and the peasants massacre an evil priest. Then they turn into a highly trained army under the lead of Belmont and defeat the horde.
Ezio has a fight with Vampire Jesus and ultimately our band of heroes is formed.

This season was short, but sweet. Doesn't really feel like a conclusion, more like a beginning, but I guess they wanted to start small and see how it was received.
Voices are all great, except there's a sound bug (for me) where you can't hear a character very clearly when they are saying something off-screen. Other than that, great stuff.

I have played some of the games, but didn't grow up with them. I hope they use some music from the games in later seasons. This anime is also perfectly watchable by people who haven't played the games. I loved it.
JezzmanApr 29, 2020 4:43 PM

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7576 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
54 minutes ago

» Anime songs in your playlist

bevarnow - Mar 11

2 by Pengawas »»
1 hour ago

» Mal spotify collaborative playlist ( 1 2 )

tsukareru - Jan 6

60 by tsukareru »»
Yesterday, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Avatar: The Way of Water or Dune: Part Two

AcbSnakeDemon - Apr 20

6 by alex889 »»
Yesterday, 1:16 AM

» What Are Your Thoughts On The Owl House?

Enderobot - Apr 18

6 by Enderobot »»
Apr 23, 9:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.