Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san' Receives TV Anime Adaptation

New
Jul 7, 2017 2:22 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013

This year's August issue of Shogakukan's Gessan magazine is announcing on Wednesday that Souichirou Yamamoto's Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san (Skilled Teaser Takagi-san) manga will receive a TV anime adaptation in 2018.

Synopsis
"If you blush, you lose."

Living by this principle, the middle schooler Nishikata gets constantly made fun of by his seat neighbor Takagi-san. With his pride shattered to pieces, he vows to turn the tables and get back at her some day. And so, he attempts to tease her day after day, only to find himself victim to Takagi-san's ridicule again sooner than later. Will he be able to make Takagi-san blush from embarrassment even once in the end? (Source: MU)

The romantic comedy manga began its serialization in Gessan Mini, the supplement brochure to Gessan magazine in June 2012. Following the completion of Yamamoto's Fudatsuki no Kyouko-chan manga in June 2016, Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san moved to Gessan in July 2016. The series currently has five volumes in print, with the sixth volume to be published on August 10. The sixth volume's limited edition will bundle a figure of the titular character Takagi.

Source: Otakomu

Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san on MAL
VindstotJul 11, 2017 12:32 PM

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 7, 2017 2:24 AM

Sep 2013
I just read the manga two weeks ago, and immediately fell in love. Cute and natural progression and art style, and basically the pinnacle of enjoyable teasing. Amazing news!
Jul 7, 2017 2:25 AM
Jul 2018
OHHHHH This is something few friends have read, heard nothing but good things about this series... though I wanna see who's going to pick this series up though.
Jul 7, 2017 2:26 AM

Jul 2015
looks cute

can someone describe the personality of the main love interest for me (takagi)
Jul 7, 2017 2:27 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
FINALLY

my god I've been waiting for this
Jul 7, 2017 2:29 AM

Mar 2012
I've heard so many good things about this manga so i'm looking forward to watch this.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Jul 7, 2017 2:33 AM

Oct 2014
Yaaaaaaay. I've been waiting for this for so long.
Jul 7, 2017 2:33 AM

Apr 2017
From what I've seen in the chart.. it got canceled.. But how? xD

Since then, I'd be waiting to look forward this series :))

I kinda hoping that Rie Takahashi will take the role of Takagi
-HippySnob-Jul 7, 2017 2:54 AM

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Jul 7, 2017 2:34 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Wow, cool! I will surely watch this! :)
Jul 7, 2017 2:38 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
tragedydesu said:
looks cute

Should be pretty straightforward from the synopsis, but the whole manga is basically about Takagi teasing him at every possible moment, and him trying to triumph over her in whatever silly games either of them come up with, but he pretty much always fails because she's got him completely wrapped around her finger. Takagi is clever but also very charming and adorable at the same time. I think you'd have a hard time not liking her even if you tried
Jul 7, 2017 2:44 AM

Jul 2015
@HaXXspetten
there is some female characters that loved by the majority and i still didn't like ^^"

thx for this description
im not a big fan of teaser characters but if she is really adorable and kind then im sure i will love her
Jul 7, 2017 2:46 AM

Sep 2013
The entire manga is about her teasing him though. As long as you accept that, i'm sure that she'll grow on you as well ^-^
Jul 7, 2017 2:48 AM

Nov 2011
Oh man, it's finally happening. 2018 won't be too long of a wait! Hope it will be Winter.
Jul 7, 2017 2:49 AM

Mar 2012
Couple of the year already. Hope the studio can do the natural art justice.

Kaguya next please!!!!
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jul 7, 2017 2:57 AM
Aug 2016
tragedydesu said:
looks cute

the MC is one big wimpy ugly stupid trash cuckold
I dropped the manga after 2 chapters and I never looked back. Don't wast your time.

I hope the author's other manga with the tsundery little sister gets an adaptation too since it's light-years better than this mud mess.
TyrelJul 11, 2017 5:27 PM
Jul 7, 2017 3:10 AM

Jul 2015
ClickBaitBuster said:
tragedydesu said:
looks cute

the MC is one big wimpy ugly stupid trash cuckold
I dropped the manga after 2 chapters and I never looked back. Don't wast your time.

I hope the author's other manga with the tsundery little sister gets an adaptation too since it's light-years better than this mud mess.

well ... he looks like a typical beta mc
i may stand him if the girl is adorable enough

nah lol , the sister looks like Shitoge 2.0
nothing worse than those abusive tsunderes ...
Jul 7, 2017 3:10 AM
Aug 2014
HELL YES. I've been waiting for this. It was just yesterday that I wished this would get an adaptation. Can't believe it is actually happening. Awesome.
Jul 7, 2017 3:16 AM
Aug 2014
tragedydesu said:
ClickBaitBuster said:
the MC is one big wimpy ugly stupid trash cuckold .

I'd like to give my own take on this.

The male MC , Nishikata, is definitely someone who is more on the meek side but he pulls through when it matters. He is dense but observant at the same time. He is the ''It seems like this could be the thing that is happening but nah, no way.'' type.

The female MC , Takagi is one of my favourite female characters of all time. She is brilliant. The way she manipulates everything is amazing, her retorts and her skill in teasing is absolutely no joke. It works cause the guy is meek though. XD
But, she's basically a genius when it comes to teasing and manipulation.

Their relationship is very cute. It might get repetitive at times but as someone who doesn't like too much or unnecessary drama, I really like this series. Their relationship does have progression although it's a slow one.
Jul 7, 2017 3:25 AM
Jul 2018
TyphoonS said:
tragedydesu said:

I'd like to give my own take on this.

The male MC , Nishikata, is definitely someone who is more on the meek side but he pulls through when it matters. He is dense but observant at the same time. He is the ''It seems like this could be the thing that is happening but nah, no way.'' type.

The female MC , Takagi is one of my favourite female characters of all time. She is brilliant. The way she manipulates everything is amazing, her retorts and her skill in teasing is absolutely no joke. It works cause the guy is meek though. XD
But, she's basically a genius when it comes to teasing and manipulation.

Their relationship is very cute. It might get repetitive at times but as someone who doesn't like too much or unnecessary drama, I really like this series. Their relationship does have progression although it's a slow one.

Well even if he is not satisfied with the mc, he will be able to see a kind of conclusion to that tease which is quite rare lol, hope they adapt that chapter.

@Kuma holy fuck it's finally happening! Aho girl, chio chan and now this, komi, kaguya and Grand blue when?

The manga is quite popular in Japan and it ranked first in an anime adaptation poll few days ago so it was just a matter of time.
TyrelJul 11, 2017 5:28 PM
Jul 7, 2017 3:54 AM

Mar 2015
Frostbytes said:
@Kuma holy fuck it's finally happening! Aho girl, chio chan and now this, komi, kaguya and Grand blue when?

The manga is quite popular in Japan and it ranked first in an anime adaptation poll few days ago so it was just a matter of time.

thanks for this wonderful news... it was really pleasing my eyes... oh, @Frostbytes and granblue author ever mentioned about their series getting adaptation, but it's very unlikely because drinking theme...

@tragedydesu

she is kinda tsun, but not bad kind of tsun... he simply really like teasing mc and when mc starting kinda aware, she try to cancel (i don't know if it intentionally or not, because the series using male MC POV) it immedietly for tease sake... it's mixed bag, but it doesn't hurt to try...

ClickBaitBuster said:
tragedydesu said:
looks cute

you mean fudatsuki no kyouko chan? that shit is awful... imouto is not tsundere anymore, just pure selfish, apathetic, and manipulative... worst character author ever made IMHO... she has npthing other than being cute... it was kirino lvl of awfulness... i feel bad for male MC...

i honetly prefer ashita wa doyoubi, that shit was lit... but it simply CGDCT so...

this series is embodiment of cuteness... the main problem is that kinda repetative and easyly get old if too much... the manga didn't suffer this problem since it weekly and it will get feel less repetative... i wonder how anime will do justice... i actually like short better TBH...

"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jul 7, 2017 3:55 AM

Feb 2007
Such wonderful news! ^_^
Jul 7, 2017 3:57 AM
Aug 2016
tragedydesu said:
ClickBaitBuster said:
the MC is one big wimpy ugly stupid trash cuckold.

Well, she's diffidently not as bad as Chitoge. and unlike her, she's actually the "best girl" of the manga. And Chitoge isn't even that bad if you compared her to ass like Kirino..
Jul 7, 2017 4:05 AM

Jan 2015
IS THAT FOR FUCKING REAL???????????? I MEAN IS IT NOW??????

MAL better revive that fucking page they deleted for Takagi-san anime.
DiginarcissaJul 7, 2017 4:08 AM
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Jul 7, 2017 4:07 AM

Aug 2015
tragedydesu said:
looks cute
Nobody has been able to give you clear answer about MALE mc.Let me short out for you.
Takagi is just normal.He has friends both boys and girls.He has normal life.He is just normal nothing more nothing less.The interaction between two MC is what makes this manga good.
ultravigoJul 7, 2017 4:11 AM
Jul 7, 2017 4:07 AM
Jul 2018
Kuma said:
Frostbytes said:

thanks for this wonderful news... it was really pleasing my eyes... oh, @Frostbytes and granblue author ever mentioned about their series getting adaptation, but it's very unlikely because drinking theme...

@tragedydesu

she is kinda tsun, but not bad kind of tsun... he simply really like teasing mc and when mc starting kinda aware, she try to cancel (i don't know if it intentionally or not, because the series using male MC POV) it immedietly for tease sake... it's mixed bag, but it doesn't hurt to try...

ClickBaitBuster said:

you mean fudatsuki no kyouko chan? that shit is awful... imouto is not tsundere anymore, just pure selfish, apathetic, and manipulative... worst character author ever made IMHO... she has npthing other than being cute... it was kirino lvl of awfulness... i feel bad for male MC...

i honetly prefer ashita wa doyoubi, that shit was lit... but it simply CGDCT so...

this series is embodiment of cuteness... the main problem is that kinda repetative and easyly get old if too much... the manga didn't suffer this problem since it weekly and it will get feel less repetative... i wonder how anime will do justice... i actually like short better TBH...

About that, GB author later replied when a reader asked him that he would support the anime if the studio is really dedicated in adapting it.. .
Jul 7, 2017 4:24 AM

Aug 2015
Good news! I guess I'll resume on reading this.
Jul 7, 2017 4:43 AM

Mar 2012
I mean how can you hate this angelic smile of hers?

Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jul 7, 2017 5:11 AM

Apr 2017
Love it! looking forward to it.

Connecting anime and manga fans http://www.anime-fall.com
Press Release https://goo.gl/pHJBPV
Jul 7, 2017 6:31 AM
Jun 2016
Wow, great news! Now, wheres my Kaguya-sama?
Jul 7, 2017 6:53 AM

Nov 2007
I like this manga. More than the teasing, I think the best part of the story is the reason she chose Nishitaka to become her target— if guys know what I mean, lol. The only problem with the manga is it's EXTREMELY one-sided. But I guess that's how it was meant to be so it's not really a problem. Another selling point of this manga is both MMC and FMC are cute. I wonder how would it be successful as a full length TV series. I am assuming it will have to cover 3-4 chapters per episode.

If only, if only we got Kaguya-sama though. Kaguya-sama is at the pinnacle of banters and rebuttals and hearts.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jul 7, 2017 7:00 AM

Mar 2012
shanimebib said:
I like this manga. More than the teasing, I think the best part of the story is the reason she chose Nishitaka to become her target— if guys know what I mean, lol. The only problem with the manga is it's EXTREMELY one-sided. But I guess that's how it was meant to be so it's not really a problem. Another selling point of this manga is both MMC and FMC are cute. I wonder how would it be successful as a full length TV series. I am assuming it will have to cover 3-4 chapters per episode.

If only, if only we got Kaguya-sama though. Kaguya-sama is at the pinnacle of banters and rebuttals and hearts.
As a consolation this is Kaguya fanart by Takagi-san author.
Jul 7, 2017 8:04 AM

Mar 2015
@NeoAnkara
@Frostbytes
@VanishingKira
@Mariecat1
@shanimebib
@NeoAnkara

kaguya is jump series... with that popularity and name behind it, it's 90% guaranted to get adaptation, it might not anime, it even probably LA which more popular medium...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jul 7, 2017 8:34 AM

Nov 2007
Kuma said:
kaguya is jump series... with that popularity and name behind it, it's 90% guaranted to get adaptation, it might not anime, it even probably LA which more popular medium...

You mean Young Jump. But it changed magazines only recently so it might take some time. Regardless, I will be damned if it gets an LA. It better gets an anime and at least up to chapter 45 is animated or I riot!
Coronavirus.
Jul 7, 2017 11:00 AM
Jul 2018
I remember reading this a few months ago and it was really enjoyable. I'll be sure to catch up with the manga before the anime airs.

Can't wait to see Takagi work her magic.
Jul 7, 2017 1:03 PM

Nov 2007
tragedydesu said:
looks cute

Coronavirus.
Jul 7, 2017 2:04 PM

Jun 2015
I just read this manga stoked for the anime adaptation.
:)
Jul 7, 2017 3:18 PM

Aug 2013
This is awesome. Can't wait to see which voices they pick.
Jul 7, 2017 3:32 PM

Jun 2013
Woooooo!!!!
That's fantastic.... hope this gets a full anime and not a short!!
Jul 7, 2017 7:28 PM

Mar 2015
shanimebib said:
Kuma said:

You mean Young Jump. But it changed magazines only recently so it might take some time. Regardless, I will be damned if it gets an LA. It better gets an anime and at least up to chapter 45 is animated or I riot!

dude, it's already in weekly young jump since chapter 6 IIRC, it was more than one year ago...

i think they wait for more volume... it's how jump works, they rarely adapting their series less than 7 volume... i can't guessing how they will adapted tho... adaptation is better to set expectation in the lowest...
Jul 7, 2017 7:34 PM
Jan 2013
2018 AOTY already set and 2018 ain't even here yet
gone bai bai
Jul 7, 2017 11:31 PM

Jan 2014
Most likely gonna be a short, max being 10 minutes

Still will be a fun watch despite it not getting full length episodes
Jul 8, 2017 1:30 AM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
I figured this would happen eventually. It's too well received not to. I just wonder who'll voice 'em.
"There is nothing outside of yourself that enables you to get better. Everything is within. Seek nothing outside of yourself." ⛩️

Jul 8, 2017 7:46 AM
Jul 2017
It would be great if it has full length episode anyways its a good news
Jul 8, 2017 8:14 PM

Aug 2015
End it on Chapter 31 and this adaptation will be perfect.
Jul 9, 2017 5:55 AM
Jul 2018
_Kairu_ said:
End it on Chapter 31 and this adaptation will be perfect.
Oh man, I hope they do :P
Jul 9, 2017 9:16 AM

Apr 2015
This is gonna be great I cant wait
Jul 9, 2017 9:55 AM

Nov 2013
HERE IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 9, 2017 8:24 PM

Mar 2017
Yay, one of the better SoLs out there. I am just curious about the length of each episode.
Jul 12, 2017 9:37 PM
Jan 2017
galimx said:
Great news. Her voice actor will be important!

She had voice actors for the manga's commericals. The first one was done by Emiri Katou (Kyubey and Kagami Hiiragi) while the other 3-4 ads had her voiced by Rie Takahashi (Megumin and Emilia). It would be probably be one of those two.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production

DatRandomDude - 9 hours ago

37 by rasscryu »»
6 minutes ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
6 hours ago

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
7 hours ago

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

23 by 3inPunisher »»
11 hours ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

10 by DylanVSAnimez »»
Yesterday, 4:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.