Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 6, 2017 11:28 AM

Jun 2014
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
What a heartbreaking chapter, on so many levels. Prushka got her wish, but in the saddest way possible. Poor Riko. Nanachi's talk with Bondrewd was very special.

The adventure continues, but man was the experience to get to this point traumatizing for both the characters and for the readers. ;_;

Bondrewd at the end with that look, damn it, I can't even say I hate him when he has that sad human gaze in his eyes.

I don't need to say it anymore, but I will, the art continues to be absolutely stunning.

What a fucking ride, if this arc also gets animated the anime is going to be truly on another level.

This arc really made me appreciate the manga more than I did already and I already want to re-read the first 5 volumes, I consider it to be a masterpiece now. May the adventure continue...

:3
Jul 6, 2017 2:25 PM

Jan 2015
Wow, what a stunning arc

Prushka god damn. I'm glad she's alive...more or less...

Bondrewd will never die

Let the adventure begin once again!
Jul 6, 2017 8:14 PM

Feb 2016
Bondrewd was such a great villain . Can't wait to see Srajo and Wakuna and how crazy they are .
Because we're stupid that we love to have fun
Jul 6, 2017 8:29 PM

Feb 2016
Xenocrisi said:

Let the adventure begin once again!

Onwards to the city full of
Jul 7, 2017 11:47 PM
May 2009
Where are you guys reading these chapters? I can't find anything past ch37
Jul 9, 2017 3:17 PM

Oct 2014
sillyanna said:

I don't know about the translated chapters, but I read from the main publisher site.

http://mangalifewin.takeshobo.co.jp/rensai/madeinabyss/
Jul 9, 2017 3:18 PM

Oct 2013
That Bondrewd, he's still alive after all.
really, i would have thought that he'd at least spare Prushka, oh how wrong i was, or that's just another way of him expressing his twisted love.
Jul 10, 2017 5:45 PM
May 2009
Isangman0 said:
sillyanna said:

I don't know about the translated chapters, but I read from the main publisher site.

http://mangalifewin.takeshobo.co.jp/rensai/madeinabyss/

Thanks for responding! Yes, I need translated chapters unfortunately. I'll just have to be patient!
Sep 30, 2017 1:14 AM

Nov 2016
What a great arc and villain.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 3, 2017 3:16 PM

Jun 2013

---

Well, OP quoted my post just after seven minutes (right before I was about to modify it, in the light of a potentially better interpretation of the ending), so I have no choice but to own it. I did get a little carried away, didn't I? I suppose that's a testament to this manga, that it's capable of evoking such strong emotions from me. I stand by the aforementioned sound effect being tasteless, but I'll get over it. What I'm about to add was probably obvious to everyone else, but what the heck.

Anyways, as it's apparent from my original post, this chapter messed me up, and the ending made me a bit salty. Prushka is such a sweet kid, just like Mitty was, and naturally the main trio has grown on me like crazy. Then there are all the kids stuffed alive in cartridges and the kids turned inside out in layer six. It's a lot to take in, and Bondrewd, though fascinating, unquestionably badass, and immensely entertaining as a villain, is still responsible for their suffering (except for the time before he gathered them).

While I'm looking at it with a cool head now, I'm still uneasy about the trio letting Bon-bon walk away. That said... If I consider what Furry Final Form Bon-bon said while he was "dying" (something about making the kids' journey his new aspiration), maybe he really did have a change of heart in that moment - whatever that would entail. This does indeed "fix" the ending (or rather, in this case, the ending doesn't need any fixing in the first place) - I suppose I'm just a little reluctant to believe his words.

And it's also possible that the trio did destroy the special artifact (without mentioning it), and they only left the rest of the Praying Hands, and by extension Bon-bon, alive - but this is only viable if the destruction of the special artifact doesn't remove the magic that keeps Bondrewd's essence bound to the Praying Hands.

I'd be crazy to drop this series, it's way too fascinating and I'm too deep now anyways. It can't be helped; I must read on.
LeeTailorOct 3, 2017 4:40 PM
Oct 3, 2017 3:23 PM

Jun 2014
LeeTailor said:
This chapter was great... up until the last three pages.

Why did they let Bon-bon live after all?! Didn't Nanachi just say that they would destroy the special artifact? Thanks to the last three pages, Bon-bon's death scene is rendered meaningless, the status quo remains, and Bon-bon is allowed to continue shoveling children through the meat grinder as long as he pleases. Just because Nanachi wanted to respect Riko's wish. Truly a wonderful conclusion.

Also, to whoever did the translation. The "crying loli noises" line was never funny in the first place, but "spilling loli noises" was ridiculously inappropriate and unprofessional. I hope you're proud of your hilarious edgy joke.

I'm honestly considering dropping this series. I feel like the end of this chapter is making fun of me for getting invested in these characters, since the completely irredeemable villain gets off scot-free - and not even because the trio fails to defeat him, but because they choose to let him go. What the fuck was the point of these last ten chapters? How can I have fun with their adventures in layer six and beyond, with the knowledge that they let this abomination walk away?

Papa is best character, screw you xD. The noises thing is also in the original manga in Japanese I think, so calm down, you should drop it if you're upset by such stupid reasons.
Oct 3, 2017 3:46 PM

Jun 2013
alpha_shadow said:
Papa is best character, screw you xD. The noises thing is also in the original manga in Japanese I think, so calm down, you should drop it if you're upset by such stupid reasons.

Wow, so seven minutes, huh? Maybe I should be flattered.
Oct 3, 2017 3:48 PM

Jun 2014
LeeTailor said:
alpha_shadow said:

Wow, so seven minutes, huh? Maybe I should be flattered.

Seven minutes what? I replied quickly because I happened to get a notification because I made the thread.
Oct 3, 2017 4:19 PM

Jun 2013
alpha_shadow said:
Seven minutes what? I replied quickly because I happened to get a notification because I made the thread.

I know; you're OP. It just amused me how quick you were to reply.

Either way, just because I happened to say negative things about the chapter, I'm not your enemy. I also like this series a lot; emotions were just running high at the time. I added some more words to my original post - you're welcome to read it if you like.
LeeTailorOct 3, 2017 4:24 PM
Oct 3, 2017 7:34 PM

Sep 2017
Uh? I was under impression that they had destroyed the Zoaholic and Bondrewd only kept his remaining bodies.
Oct 6, 2017 12:26 AM

Jan 2016
How is this nigga still alive
Oct 7, 2017 2:13 PM
Oct 2016
Well, I didn't quite understand one thing. I thought that cartridges are made out of living people. But here we see that Prushka's cartridge contains Life-Reverberating stone. So, Did she turned into that stone, somehow, while ascending from the 6th layer?

If the answer is Yes, then why haven't Mitty turned into stone? She was willing to sacrifice herself for someone else, just like Prushka.
Oct 7, 2017 7:55 PM

Feb 2016
Haalon said:
Well, I didn't quite understand one thing. I thought that cartridges are made out of living people. But here we see that Prushka's cartridge contains Life-Reverberating stone. So, Did she turned into that stone, somehow, while ascending from the 6th layer?

If the answer is Yes, then why haven't Mitty turned into stone? She was willing to sacrifice herself for someone else, just like Prushka.

No, she turn into stone much later after they already ascending from the 5.5th layer
Oct 24, 2017 3:11 PM
Aug 2016
Would be nice to see this arc as a movie or OVA special because current arc is just 4 chapters long...
Oct 25, 2017 7:19 AM
Mar 2015
alpha_shadow said:
LeeTailor said:
This chapter was great... up until the last three pages.

Why did they let Bon-bon live after all?! Didn't Nanachi just say that they would destroy the special artifact? Thanks to the last three pages, Bon-bon's death scene is rendered meaningless, the status quo remains, and Bon-bon is allowed to continue shoveling children through the meat grinder as long as he pleases. Just because Nanachi wanted to respect Riko's wish. Truly a wonderful conclusion.

Also, to whoever did the translation. The "crying loli noises" line was never funny in the first place, but "spilling loli noises" was ridiculously inappropriate and unprofessional. I hope you're proud of your hilarious edgy joke.

I'm honestly considering dropping this series. I feel like the end of this chapter is making fun of me for getting invested in these characters, since the completely irredeemable villain gets off scot-free - and not even because the trio fails to defeat him, but because they choose to let him go. What the fuck was the point of these last ten chapters? How can I have fun with their adventures in layer six and beyond, with the knowledge that they let this abomination walk away?

Even if it is in the original I thought it was needlessly edgy and out of place. I thought it was a bit stupid to add a joke like that.

Other than that it was a great chapter. Can't wait to see the next layer. I guess we will be meeting one of the other two white whistles. I am interested in the guy with the plague mask he looks a bit scary.
Oct 27, 2017 1:33 PM

Sep 2014
Really annoying to see Bondrewd's still alive...
Prushka can join their adventures now at least...somewhat..
Dec 1, 2017 8:02 PM

Dec 2014
I knew prushka will become the white whistle...I don't want to be that guy but her death was pretty convenient don't you think
Mar 17, 2018 12:55 PM

Oct 2015
Very tragic but somewhat happy end for Prushka. She became a stepping stone for them to go on

I also found the SFX distasteful but whatever, guess it's mangaka's sense of humor.
Mar 18, 2018 10:31 PM
Aug 2016
Orhunaa said:
Very tragic but somewhat happy end for Prushka. She became a stepping stone for them to go on

I also found the SFX distasteful but whatever, guess it's mangaka's sense of humor.

About SFX,this is purely translation thing for the sake of memes,author obviosly never had those "funny" comments in his manga.Don't worry,they were told to stop because it become kinda annoying over the time so latest chapters don't have any of those.
Mar 19, 2018 7:02 AM

Oct 2015
L0ken said:
Orhunaa said:

About SFX,this is purely translation thing for the sake of memes,author obviosly never had those "funny" comments in his manga.Don't worry,they were told to stop because it become kinda annoying over the time so latest chapters don't have any of those.

Oh ok. I thought it was in the original as well then no problem.
Jan 27, 2019 9:47 AM
Apr 2018
I'm confused as hell when the stone appeared but oh well, at least Riko is now a White Whistle.

Jan 26, 2020 1:07 AM
Mar 2018
i want to perish. why tf did prushka have to become a whistle goddamn bondrewd u sick fuck. it wasnt even worth it cuz bondrewd body with the blessing got incinerated anyways jesus christ

More topics from this board

Poll: » Made in Abyss Chapter 67 Discussion

Xenocrisi - Feb 14

24 by Artromex »»
Apr 13, 3:58 PM

» Best new gen series

XiongYifan - Feb 29

8 by Dumb »»
Mar 31, 5:25 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Chapter 40 Discussion

Xenocrisi - Jul 7, 2017

12 by owennordness41 »»
Feb 26, 5:02 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Chapter 66 Discussion

Xenocrisi - Jul 30, 2023

10 by WeLoveIs »»
Feb 21, 10:07 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Chapter 51 Discussion

Satou0Kun - Mar 31, 2019

26 by Luma2 »»
Feb 19, 6:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.