Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 6, 2017 10:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, I guess this was okay but I'm not really sold into the characters yet. The main male leads feels pretty plain.

I like Miharu though. She's cute and I hope they spend some time developing her character. I think the show is pretty lighthearted so far with a smooth pace. Maybe they'll build more into relationships soon? The glasses girl (Mami) is kinda cute too. I'm not a fan of their school uniforms though, just feels really plain looking.
Jul 6, 2017 10:22 AM

Nov 2015
Oh man that was a lot of running in the beginning. I don't know how to feel about the character since we didn't get to really know them, like you said, they were plain.

Jul 6, 2017 10:29 AM

Nov 2007
New school year and time to check for the school clubs. The runner guy (main guy) and SuzuKen's character are friends, it seems.

Main guy met short hair girl, who seems to be the girl that he likes for a long time, at combini while waiting for SuzuKen's character.

SuzuKen's character and megane girl are class rep. and she doesn't like him, but seems to like her. She met that short hair girl and they became friends.

There are some scenes showing other pairs without introducing them for now.

Both OP & ED are ok.

The two pairs introduced are main, it seems. Will KajiKaji's character be introduced in anime part (I know he's in OP & ED)?

26:00 next
tsubasaloverJul 13, 2017 10:30 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 6, 2017 1:04 PM
Sep 2015
The episode was fine I guess. There is something bothering me about the male characters. Their eyes have literally no emotions in them. Other than that, I can't wait to see the next episodes :)
Jul 6, 2017 1:18 PM

Sep 2011
Is it just me or did the sound sound really weird. Shit was coming out of my left speaker more than the right compared to other shows.
Jul 6, 2017 1:25 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Really happy to see that we have a lot of romance series this season but this one seems to be more focused on slice of life which is fine for me

So far there's nothing unlikable about the characters and I think that the couples will be pretty fun to watch so I'll look forward to seeing these dynamics grow

Also, it looks like this is gonna have one of those Openings whereas it shows some scenes from the current episode in it, so I'll probably just not look while it plays every week

Good start overall imo
Jul 6, 2017 1:43 PM
Jan 2017
The opening scene was so dramatic I was laughing through most of it. The music and his frantic running and then ending up at the convenience store was just too much for me. Other than this weird idea for a romance show I don't know if I can get behind it. All the characters feel boring and like there are better versions of them in other shows. Who knows, maybe it'll do something fun with it.
Jul 6, 2017 1:50 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Another simple romance show? Count me in!

This isn't smooth though, not feeling the main couple yet. But i'm already onboard with the second one, Honda and Mami look great together IMO.

Also my right ear didn't like this.

SmudyJul 6, 2017 1:54 PM
Jul 6, 2017 1:54 PM

Aug 2013
i liked this, sadly the audio for all the voice was bugged :(
Jul 6, 2017 1:57 PM

Jun 2015
The running scene in the beginning was long. I'm not completely sold so far. Looks like your average romance show. The characters are plain and hopefully they are fleshed out more.
Jul 6, 2017 1:58 PM

Jun 2011
This is a little too fujo-bait for me. The guys look like they're all Utapri rejects.
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Jul 6, 2017 2:00 PM

Oct 2010
The first scene was a little awkward, but overall this seems like an average romance show. I don't normally watch this type of anime, It will be nice to see the characters developed more and maybe we'll be surprised by the end of it.

Tumblr |  Anime List | 🌷🌼

Jul 6, 2017 2:01 PM

Jan 2014
Tyrel said:
Is it just me or did the sound sound really weird. Shit was coming out of my left speaker more than the right compared to other shows.

Same here. It felt like the voice actors were in another room - that's how distant the voices seemed.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Jul 6, 2017 2:03 PM

Aug 2013
Animation is lacking a bit, but art quality is impressive.
Anyway, if this is a new shoujo artstyle, then I want something like this. Looks actually a lot better than standard shoujo style.
Generally not bad, I hope for nice development between Miharu and Haruki.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 6, 2017 2:08 PM

Nov 2010
I had to think of Nijiro Days while watching, the vibe is very similar, even down to the same weakpoint (aka the main couple seems to be pretty bland).
The other characters will probably be more down to earth compared to the (sometimes) more extreme characters in Nijiro, but i predict that the other couples will be more interesting than the main one.
Jul 6, 2017 2:25 PM

May 2015
Eh, can't say it was anything impressive, but it wasn't bad I guess. Guess we'll see where this goes.

Jul 6, 2017 2:42 PM

Apr 2016
Zelev said:
Tyrel said:

Same here. It felt like the voice actors were in another room - that's how distant the voices seemed.
It's because the dialogue was in the left earphone and the music in the right. When I took my left earphone off I didn't hear the dialogue at all. That was really annoying, I doubt I'll continue watching. It was plain and boring anyway.

Jul 6, 2017 2:49 PM
Aug 2015
Reminds me of Nijiiro Days, just not quite as good! Started off pretty dull if i'm being frank, but got better as the episode went on. I'm definitely preferring Honda and Mihashi over the other pair
Jul 6, 2017 2:55 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
The audio was off because CR fucked it up....It's perfectly fine in the raws
Jul 6, 2017 2:56 PM
Jun 2016
Not sure what to make of this, it was okay, but don't really get any of the main chars just yet.
Jul 6, 2017 3:03 PM
Oct 2015
It seems like all of the characters were lacking emotion. Like everything I watch, I'll be giving it the three episode test, but so far it's really boring and plain.
"'Time' is proof that people have lived. Every person lives the time that has been given to them... that is life." - Erza Scarlet
"You can never win if you're afraid to lose so much that you refuse to put up a fight." - Rika Furude
Jul 6, 2017 3:04 PM

Apr 2012
Hmm interesting, I wasn't expecting this. I enjoy it so far.
Jul 6, 2017 3:23 PM

Apr 2010
Not sure if it's a slow start but i expected a bit less buddy buddy and a bit more romance.
So for it wasn't what i was expecting.
Maybe it will be more interesting in future episodes.
Jul 6, 2017 3:45 PM

Jun 2013
Damn I was really looking forward to this... was hoping for another great romance like last season..... the low score s scaring me a bit
Jul 6, 2017 3:55 PM

Jan 2014
This really feels like Rainbow Days in a way, and that's not bad. These characters so far are appealing. I love Suzumura's role, and the class rep is cute.
Jul 6, 2017 4:07 PM

Jun 2017
I get headaches when I hear things mono, so this anime was killing me. Hopefully it's fixed in the next episode. Other than that it was good. Feels really similar to Nijiiro Days.
Jul 6, 2017 4:20 PM

Sep 2012
So what exactly was the point of that? Seems just boring and dull to me
Trying to watch all available anime series so you won't have to anymore, the list of anime I can recommend is still in progress, tho
Jul 6, 2017 4:20 PM

Sep 2011
xull said:
Oh man that was a lot of running in the beginning. I don't know how to feel about the character since we didn't get to really know them, like you said, they were plain.

Especially since the voices were all panned all the way to the left. That was awful.
Jul 6, 2017 4:26 PM

May 2010
Honestlyt, i lost interest in the first 2 minutes of aimless running around.
this is not how you start an episode

overall i saw nothing in this episode that got my attention or interest so i gonna pass.

Jul 6, 2017 4:44 PM

Sep 2015
Reminds me of Nijiiro Days lol. I agree that the Class Rep is kawaii.
Jul 6, 2017 4:45 PM

Jul 2012
Alright. Too early to judge but I like Suzuken's character so far.
Jul 6, 2017 4:48 PM
Apr 2017
Oh my my... what a very slow-paced show/pilot episode... what the hell with the long running scene at the beginning?

Overall, I felt bored watching this episode... nothing exciting... the art is good but then, the movement is not smooth... the characters? Hmm... there's no feelings showed through their face... how should i explain? It's like, there's no soul... which eventually makes me feel bored to continue watching... I continued watching till the end of the episode though...expecting that there's something exciting towards the end... but... hmmm....
Jul 6, 2017 5:00 PM

Oct 2012
Pretty chill romance. Maybe a little too chill? The first scene made me roll my eyes.
Jul 6, 2017 5:11 PM

May 2014
MY LEFT EAR HAD A GREAT TIME.

also didn't know where to put my face with all that weird gasping during the running scene. It sounded so...wrong. Especially just in one ear my god
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 6, 2017 5:33 PM
Jul 2018
It's alright. Although it's not really DULL, but its alright for what its going for. I wouldn't really go and watch it weekly though (besides I already have a burnout of sorts).

Two complaints I have are mostly the sound department being... quite shit, mostly because its annoying, and the art isn't really terrible but it isn't my preference of artstyles. Especially the colors looks... stale. But okay for what it works for.
Jul 6, 2017 5:42 PM
Feb 2012
2 minutes in and this show already has more running than Prince of Stride and more breathing than that one ep of Star Driver
Jul 6, 2017 6:29 PM
Jan 2017
The series is off to a good start with this episode. The premise is set up nicely and the characters come off as nice and likable. When I first heard about the show, I wasn't sold on it but I'm glad I watched and I think it has potential. Hopefully, things will pick up next week.

Also, something weird happened when I was watching the show. The sound was coming out of my left speaker more than the right. What was that?
Jul 6, 2017 6:49 PM

Aug 2013
Tyrel said:

Yeah I noticed it too right now I am watching it and I thought that if my headphone is not working but it the audio issue this is the second time of that same issue the first one was the very first episode of Cross Ange in 2014
Jul 6, 2017 7:22 PM

Jan 2011
this was a nightmare to watch all the audio coming out my left ear knew it wasn't me after playing some music

didn't start off great not sure who thought wasting 2 mins running around was a good idea

wasn't really bad just "okay" didn't even plan on watching this but it's the only thing out right now lol, was turned off by the overly Otome looking cast even the dudes working at the convenience store look like their straight out of one ,least theirs a okay girl to guy ratio.

but honestly with Tsurezure Children and Koi To Uso /TRap i think i might be good on mulit-romances this season :P
Jul 6, 2017 7:29 PM

Jun 2013
Damn, i dont understand the really shitty reception so far, this was really nice!
Jul 6, 2017 7:41 PM

May 2010
To slow and dull to watch the whole episode.
Jul 6, 2017 8:11 PM
Jan 2013
Really good , I expect good romance from these couples , thanks god no love triangle or something like that , just every guy with a girl.
Jul 6, 2017 8:25 PM

Jun 2013
The flow of this episode was supremely awkward. Looks cute, but with the way things are going now it's not really demanding any attention.

The most surprising thing to me is the all-star cast list holy shit, lol.
-Trippwire-Jul 6, 2017 8:33 PM
Jul 6, 2017 8:36 PM

Jul 2009
I'm not usually one to knit-pick on animation but is it just me or is the animation really bad? Like choppy.

Also that whole running scene at the beginning was terrible. So out of place and too long!

And the class prez really made Honda out to seem like some terrible guy but he didn't do anything...
Jul 6, 2017 8:47 PM
Aug 2011
...but where's the fucking animation though? It's like 40% animated and there was at least two sections of voiceovers.
I usually expect anime to start decently and then go downhill quality-wise.
The cast is amazing but you know shit's wrong when I couldn't even get on board with Sougo telling Kagura she's cute.
Jul 6, 2017 9:52 PM

May 2016
GOD! There's something wrong with this anime but I can't pinpoint what it is, SEND HELP X(
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Jul 6, 2017 9:55 PM
Jul 2018
HyperL said:
GOD! There's something wrong with this anime but I can't pinpoint what it is, SEND HELP X(

I also thought the same thing.
Jul 6, 2017 10:12 PM
⚧ | ζ„›γ¨εΉ³ε’Œ

Oct 2010
Pretty decent, but can't say I "loved" it like I did some of the other ep1's. Still, the art is very good -- above average, definitely. And the boys are cute and the relationships, though clichéd, seem kinda cute.

Trying hard not to ship the 2 male "couples", and so far I'm winning... but it may be an uphill battle, especially for the two main boys.
βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£
“The right to think is the beginning of freedom, and speech must be protected
from the government because speech is the beginning of thought.”
  — Ashcroft v.Free Speech Coalition,
βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£
Jul 6, 2017 10:30 PM

Oct 2014
if only I don't keep 3-episodes rule tight, this thing would have got dropped right on the second scene.
For that horrible, lack of research, chara introductory dialogue that involves the scheduling of european and world football.
Jul 6, 2017 10:40 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
What was up with that dramatic running in the beginning? Thought maybe he was looking for a lost pet, but then it ended up with him in front of the convenience store and that girl holding out a drink to him as if they were supposed to meet up.

The episode was a bit on the boring side, almost fell asleep. I don't enjoy when a series is so obvious in trying to save money by not only reusing animation from the opening, but also doing a voiceover unrelated scenes.

Picked this up because I liked the character designs, lots of bishies. But from the quality of the first episode, doesn't seem like it'll be a keeper. I'd give it one ore two episodes at most.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Konbini Kareshi Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2017

37 by -ODA- »»
Yesterday, 7:26 AM

Poll: » Konbini Kareshi Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 27, 2017

35 by Fubinn »»
Apr 9, 7:46 PM

Poll: » Konbini Kareshi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2017

70 by Ricky16 »»
Sep 11, 2023 3:28 AM

Poll: » Konbini Kareshi Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2017

33 by Ricky16 »»
Sep 10, 2023 11:26 PM

Poll: » Konbini Kareshi Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2017

49 by dakota_draws85 »»
May 23, 2023 8:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.