Forum Settings
Forums

Anime Film 'Sayonara no Asa ni Yakusoku no Hana wo Kazarou' Announced

New
Jul 5, 2017 9:06 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
An official website launched by P.A. Works has announced on Thursday that the studio is producing an anime film titled Sayonara no Asa ni Yakusoku no Hana wo Kazarou (Adorn the Flower of Promise at the Morning of Farewell). The film marks screenwriter Mari Okada's (Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans) directorial debut, who is also penning the film. The film will screen in Japanese theaters on February 24, 2018.

Synopsis
A story of encounters and partings interwoven between people; this is a human drama with feelings that touch one's heart gradually, which everyone has experienced at least once.

Staff
Chief Director: Toshiya Shinohara (Nagi no Asukara)
Original Character Design: Akihiko Yoshida (NieR: Automata game character design)
Chief Animation Director, Character Design: Yuriko Ishii (Kuromukuro)
Art Director: Kazuki Higashiji (Piano no Mori)
Art Setting, Concept Design: Ariaki Okada (Zetsuen no Tempest)
Music: Kenji Kawai (Fate/stay night)
Sound Director: Kazuhiro Wakabayashi (Wolf's Rain)
Distribution: Showgate

Trailer

Official site: http://sayoasa.jp/
Official Twitter: @sayoasa_jp

Source: Moca News

Sayonara no Asa ni Yakusoku no Hana wo Kazarou on MAL
VindstotJul 6, 2017 4:05 PM

Jul 5, 2017 9:08 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
> directed and scriptwrited by Mari Okada

God have mercy on us...
DatRandomDudeJul 5, 2017 9:13 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jul 5, 2017 9:12 PM

Nov 2011
Going to give this a chance.

I mean, it's probably going to be a hit or a miss. Hoping for a hit.
Jul 5, 2017 9:16 PM

Jun 2014
With Okada in charge it'll probably be melodramatic as FUCK lol.

All jokes aside I'll give it a chance and hope it's good.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 5, 2017 10:15 PM

Oct 2016
If Okada is in charge, is it gonna be like Nagi no Asukara where the first half is really good, then the second half is irredeemable trash? My god, I've never seen an anime go from really good to soooooooooo fucking bad like Nagi no Asukara did. They also took Chisaki who was the best character and turned her into one of the worst.
Jul 5, 2017 10:24 PM

Mar 2015
>drama

not my kind of fad... good for fans i guess...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jul 5, 2017 10:27 PM

Dec 2014
I shall hope for the best.
Jul 5, 2017 10:34 PM
Jul 2018
Okay so in other words Mari Okada is going to do her first directorial debut? Interesting. To be honest she's not that bad but I'll admit that she has the tendencies with the romance love triangle stuff and it can get kind of annoying... well, we'll see. The very least this would be interesting to see though. And this will be interesting because she's for most script writer than director.
removed-userJul 5, 2017 10:39 PM
Jul 5, 2017 10:44 PM

May 2015
The Okada hate is real.

Jul 5, 2017 10:51 PM
Jul 2018
Kittens-kun said:
The Okada hate is real.

To be honest I don't get the overblown hate for her.

I mean yeah, she deserves at least some of the criticism but from what I've seen it has gotten to beef type level. But that's just how I see it.
Jul 5, 2017 11:33 PM
Jan 2016
I trust the staff will deliver. They're a talented bunch. And the PV really reminds me of NagiAsu, not really surprising with NagiAsu director involvement in this.

Symphyon said:

Same here. Some of her works are pretty good.

Symphyon said:
Okay so in other words Mari Okada is going to do her first directorial debut? Interesting. To be honest she's not that bad but I'll admit that she has the tendencies with the romance love triangle stuff and it can get kind of annoying... well, we'll see. The very least this would be interesting to see though. And this will be interesting because she's for most script writer than director.

Considering she's directing this anime with NagiAsu's director, I think it will be fine.
Jul 5, 2017 11:36 PM

Jul 2014
Noice. Mari Okada is one of the few who masters the art of heavy drama without ass-pulls, looking forward to it.
Jul 6, 2017 12:17 AM

May 2010
Shouldn't you put her in as Director/Script under the staff section, then?
Jul 6, 2017 12:17 AM

Oct 2010
Mari Okada has the touch of death.
Jul 6, 2017 12:27 AM
Jul 2018
TheServant said:
I trust the staff will deliver. They're a talented bunch. And the PV really reminds me of NagiAsu, not really surprising with NagiAsu director involvement in this.

Symphyon said:

Same here. Some of her works are pretty good.

Symphyon said:

Considering she's directing this anime with NagiAsu's director, I think it will be fine.

I think she'll be fine as well, we'll see on the regard. And yeah she has done some pretty nice stuff, one of them is actually around my Top 20s so I'm looking forward to it, especially when its her debut as a director so I think with the help she might learn from it as well as an experience tbh.
Jul 6, 2017 12:37 AM

Jan 2013
Kinda funny how this gets announced right as I'm watching Hanasaku Iroha, another Okada/P.A. Works anime...

Mari Okada is kind of a hit-or-miss writer for me. She can do and has done decent-to-good work before, but she often has a tendency of injecting a ton of hokey melodrama into many of her scripts, which I'm not exactly a huge fan of.

Regardless, I'm very interested to see how her directorial debut turns out. The movie definitely looks gorgeous based on the teaser (I mean, this IS P.A. Works we're talking about) , and the staff sounds promising enough, so I'm hoping for the best with this one.
Jul 6, 2017 12:40 AM

Aug 2008
Killer combination. For years P. A. series are something to stay away from, Okada Mari series are something to stay away from, combine the two and you get a torture device. I seriously would rather hurt myself physically than watch this based on current info.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jul 6, 2017 12:44 AM

Jul 2013
I hope it will be as good as Mayoiga.
Jul 6, 2017 12:51 AM
Jul 2018
Illyricus said:

I mean I don't really like Mayoiga (don't worry I'm not one of those that joins on the hate bandwagon tbh).
Jul 6, 2017 12:53 AM

Jun 2015
it looks fine, i will have a bit of faith on this
Jul 6, 2017 12:57 AM

Jul 2013
Symphyon said:
Illyricus said:

I mean I don't really like Mayoiga (don't worry I'm not one of those that joins on the hate bandwagon tbh).
Don't worry, it was just sarcasm, tbh (I still like Mayoiga, though).
Jul 6, 2017 1:01 AM
Jul 2018
Illyricus said:
Symphyon said:

Don't worry, it was just sarcasm, tbh (I still like Mayoiga, though).

Ah oki oki. Well, if you like it then that's good for you. ^^
Jul 6, 2017 1:03 AM

Mar 2014
Just fuck my shit up.
Looking forward to this.
Looks to be a post-apocalyptic setting.
Jul 6, 2017 2:46 AM

May 2014
Excellent staff. Seems like NagiAsu level of quality of art quality, which is the best looking TV anime in my opinion. Love Mari Okada's work as a scriptwriter, so excited to see her directorial debut as well along with NagiAsu's director to help her along the way. Favourite drama writer and I love drama series, so really excited for this. Beautiful trailer with an interesting setting.
Jul 6, 2017 3:59 AM

Jan 2014
Looks exquisite!! Sasuga, PA Works!
Jul 6, 2017 4:05 AM

Jul 2017
I don't really get the hate for Mari Okada either, but then again I am kinda biased since she worked on some of my favorite shows.
But the trailer did look very good for what it was. Short and sweet!
My Anime and Japanese Pop-Culture blog: https://doujinsei.blogspot.com
Jul 6, 2017 4:06 AM

May 2015
OH MY GOODNESS!

P.A. Works and pretty much the same staff as Nagi no Asukara with Mari Okada are back to do another project!? I'm fucking hyped! Really looking forward to this!

Considering it's a movie and P.A. Works, I bet at least the visuals will be breath-taking and astonishing. PV looks good in my opinion.

Once again, already got me hyped!
ReverberateJul 6, 2017 4:09 AM

Jul 6, 2017 6:01 AM

Dec 2012
AnoHana - 8.58
Toradora - 8.43
Kokosake - 8.26
NagiAsu - 8.28
Gosick - 8.21
Hanasaku - 8.02
Gundam - 7.99

She's awful , burn her!
Jul 6, 2017 8:50 AM

Jan 2014
Jeez the staff looks amazing
Jul 6, 2017 8:59 AM
Jul 2018
Enchanting.

Synopsis
A story of encounters and partings interwoven between people; this is a human drama with feelings that touch one's heart gradually, which everyone has experienced at least once.

I hope it gonna have that effect, not just bait words that I'm reading atm.
Jul 6, 2017 9:31 AM
✿。

Apr 2012
Looking nice so far and while I'm not a huge fan of Mari Okada, I did enjoy some of her works.
Hope it will turn out good!

:: Sʏᴍᴘʜᴏɴɪᴀ

Fly me to the moon
Let me play among the stars
Let me see what spring is like
On jupiter and mars

☆ ★ ☆ ★
Jul 6, 2017 11:50 AM

May 2015
Antanaru said:
Killer combination. For years P. A. series are something to stay away from, Okada Mari series are something to stay away from, combine the two and you get a torture device. I seriously would rather hurt myself physically than watch this based on current info.

Overreaction much?

Jul 6, 2017 11:59 AM

Apr 2015
I don't want to join in on the hate bandwagon but when I saw this I was really let down. From the title and premise alone it sounds a bit melodramatic. I mean they even outright admit it's a "human drama" which is Okada's specialty. But I'm going to give this a chance since the PV looked gorgeous and gave me slight NagiAsu vibes. Hopefully it's more of a hit than a miss.
Jul 6, 2017 4:27 PM
May 2015
Symphyon said:
Kittens-kun said:
The Okada hate is real.

I mean yeah, she deserves at least some of the criticism but from what I've seen it has gotten to beef type level. But that's just how I see it.
It's called people exaggerating the living hell out of Okada's writing quality just for the sake of hating and also "Hurr Dur, no one notices me in real life so I yap so loud in the internet just so people notices me".

Yes, she likes to go the melodrama route and yes, parts of her writing is flawed but calling her a "shitty writer" is extremely wrong and it's obvious that the haters can't justify their own reasons for hating her so they look up Youtube videos on why Okada is a horrible writer. All they do is take someone else's criticisms on Okada and they make it their own so they have their own "Legitimate reasons"

I, for one, am looking forward to Okada's next work.

Jul 6, 2017 8:18 PM

Jul 2013
the title font reminds me of the manga Umi no Cradle.
Jul 6, 2017 11:38 PM

Jul 2012
I love Okada's works with romance, and P.A. Works' anime are gorgeous so I'm looking forward to this 😊

This reminds me that I really need to watch The Anthem of the Heart.
Jul 7, 2017 9:55 AM

Jan 2014
If it literally says it's about human drama in the summary and you don't like drama, why don't you just stay away from this movie and anything to do with it rather than hating on something just because it's not to your tastes....
Jul 7, 2017 11:55 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Looking forward to this! Most of PA Works projects always give me a sense of calm feeling, due to Higashiji as art director, of course. I'm ready for some breathtaking scenery. Higashiji will probably pour his emotions into the fantasy setting as he did for NagiAsu ^^ Whether or not the movie will end up good/interesting, I'd still watch it for the visuals.

As for Okada Mari, I have more positive feelings towards her character driven drama as well as adaptations. I'd be very cautious if the project gave an "edgy" vibe *coughM3selectorkiznaivermayoigacough* although she's proven me wrong with G-Tekketsu which is leans towards plot driven drama. I agree that if you don't like drama and easily feel that Okada's scripts are melodramatic, then you should probably avoid this. She's been successful with her style, especially with AnoHana and the fairly recent KokoSake, so I doubt she's going to change anything this time around regarding drama. What people should worry about is that it's her directorial debut. Not all writers can be good directors or vice versa. Although I'm not really worrying about this either considering the other people she's working with. Best of luck to the team on this project!
Jul 8, 2017 2:37 PM

May 2017
I hope it will be good/nice :)

╔══════════════════════════════╗
║ anime list | manga list | feel free to add 😁 ║
╚══════════════════════════════╝

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production

DatRandomDude - 36 minutes ago

4 by imjayhime »»
3 minutes ago

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

23 by 3inPunisher »»
3 hours ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Today

10 by DylanVSAnimez »»
5 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - 10 hours ago

3 by eli_shmeli »»
9 hours ago

» 'Katsute Mahou Shoujo to Aku wa Tekitai shiteita.' Reveals Additional Cast, Second Promo

Doshigatai - Today

3 by JehadKun »»
Today, 8:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.