Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 19, 2019 6:48 PM

Aug 2017
Studio Pierrot is evil. Just look how they ruined Tokyo Ghoul.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 19, 2019 7:13 PM

May 2015
I dont hate studio pierrot, it did lots of good anime like key the metal idol, sugar sugar rune, both seasons of yumerio patisserie, tokyo mew mew, creamy mami,and ALOT anime i have on my plan to watch list. my opinion is they are a anime pioneer and atleast deserves some respect.
My Candies:
Mar 19, 2019 7:50 PM

Jan 2017
OneEyed-King said:
Yes, I know. They made too many fillers in Naruto, Tokyo Ghoul Root A was crap, their censorship is crap.These are the most common opinions I read when someone is talking about SP. But they are producing good animes too and I'm not talking about their old animes. I talk about animes like Akatsuki no Yona. They really did an amazing job on this anime but I know many people who say it must be crap since it's from SP.
And also: Studios have NOTHING to do with censorship!! It's the channel that's airing the anime who's responsible for the censorship!!

I also do have another question since I talked a little bit about Tokyo Ghoul Root A: Why did Ishida write an alternate story for Root A? Why didn't they just followed the manga?

They ruined Bleach too
Naruto , Naruto Shippuden and Bleach all have filler percentage over 44% , that's almost half !
I don't think people hate Akatsuki no Yona because it was made by SP , I haven't seen people hating Yona at all.

One of my favorite animators ever Hiroyuki Yamashita is from SP too , But you gotta admit they ruined a lot of beloved franchises because of greed. That's why people hate them that much
"In this world, wherever there is light – there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exists, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars, and hatred is born to protect love."
-Madara Uchiha

May 10, 2020 12:00 PM
Jun 2016
for 2 reasons :

1- they don't respect the source material.

2- they like to milk the shit out of every famous anime/manga

Studio Pierrot is known if they liked a show or certain character, they will just change the whole anime so they can be satisfied. for example. Naruto where they centered everything around Hinata and produced new original content around here that wasn't written by the original creator of Naruto, another example Tokyo Ghoul. they completely Destroyed it by ignoring the original creator's Draft for anime and doing an original Ending that satisfies their head of production.

besides many mistakes in production and low-quality animations with hundreds of episodes filled with fillers and unnecessary stuff.

Even their new content is the same. for example Black Clover. They obviously altered some dialogues and stuff to center their show around some characters. Watch their Endings and openings. u will see that the studio is somehow favorite some characters and showving them into our throats. like Noelle

. nothing good comes out of their name
May 10, 2020 2:40 PM

Mar 2020
Studio Pierrot's biggest failure was when animating tokyo ghoul.

Almost little to nothing of what happens in season 2 is canon manga material. The few scenes that are, either took place in a different location or the timeline is altered. Tokyo ghoul re also misses a lot of manga material, that's why when finishing the anime, many questions remain unanswered.

Tokyo ghoul (plus :re) consists of 320 chapters I think, and they tried to fit all this material into 48 episodes. It is impossible and if they wanted to animate it more properly, it should've been at least 70+

They didn't do the manga justice.

May 10, 2020 2:57 PM
Dec 2017
30% of the show is fillers.
30% is trash CG.
30% is just bad shounen (Boruto)
10% skipping half of the manga

the only good anime I've seen by that studio is Akatsuki no Yona.
wich is ridiculous because they made a lot of anime
May 10, 2020 4:43 PM
May 2019
For milking their shows and inserting insane amount of filler.
Also poorly adapting the source material.
May 10, 2020 10:29 PM

Aug 2018
I think its less about the crap they produce and more the way they do it,.since there are other studios that produce more crap but aren't disliked.

Maybe it's because of them being one of the only studios who still air series weekly instead of seasonaly, causing them to have worse production per episode, be long and intimidating for the average folk to get into and be riddled with filler

Another reason is probably Tokyo ghoul, its such a popular series that it's gonna hold a lot of weight for the studios reputation, and if you fuck up the adaptation you're gonna be remembered for it, too bad the adaptation to Tokyo ghoul is no more than one big luckluster

Also speaking of popular titles, a lot of the most popular titles they have fall into the first category I wrote here, black clover, Naruto and boruto , bleach, all insanely popular titles that could've got adaptations that justify them a lot more.

I know they did make some good series, but people are mostly gonna look at the more popular titles for impression

They're the one studio I understand the hate for, maybe studio Deen too but even they have a better reputation in my eyes
May 10, 2020 10:32 PM

Sep 2015
Because they suck dick.

Like, a lot.
Apr 25, 2021 3:12 PM

Jan 2020
The most notable one they were infamous for were the fillers in Shippuden, Tokyo Ghoul is one of their latest mistakes yet, and they cancelled Bleach...and many more. I do believe that they are still full of talented people, I mean they are the reason why Naruto became a mainstream show even despite the annoyingly long fillers, so they're not incompetent.. just often full of dumb decisions with no sign of change.
Apr 25, 2021 3:23 PM

Dec 2019
Baoh the Visitor had better animation than Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu.

Pierrot in that age was really god.
Apr 25, 2021 3:45 PM

Nov 2015
Even Kyoani could make horrible stuff. Just look at Kanon's big eyes design. It's terrible looking and outdated. It's just a stupid way to based our love/hate on studios. They adapt the material the way the higher up told them to.
Apr 25, 2021 3:52 PM

Feb 2018
People hate on them for what they are now, not what they were.

For better and worse.

Apr 25, 2021 7:48 PM

Jan 2020
probably the way they handle the source material for series

Apr 25, 2021 10:02 PM

Jan 2020
I think after butchering Tokyo Ghoul the way they did, they received the hate of everyone who got disappointed. I personally oved the visuals and animation of Tokyo Ghoul and it could have been one of the best seinen animes out there if not for the terrible adaptation of the source material.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Apr 25, 2021 10:58 PM

May 2019
Stupid decisions. That's it. I don't know if this is the one studio that always gets the worst contracts or what, but the decision-making ability of it's higher ups is shit. Other than the war arc, most of the shit Naruto gets is because of the fillers. Same goes for Bleach (also the cancellation). Tokyo Ghoul got absolutely butchered. They decided to make Boruto a slice of life anime. Black Clover suffered because for some reason, they thought that it was a good idea to keep a show like Black Clover, that's barely even capable of finishing it's 50 episode runtime, airing for over a 100 more episodes. They decided to make a CG anime out of one of the most popular manga in Japan. There are even more examples of the mess ups they've made.
The staff there is really talented, and they've showed time and time again what they're capable of, but it's the absolute dogshit decisions that hold the studio back.
Gintoki and Sugita's birthdays are 1 day apart.
Apr 25, 2021 11:17 PM
Apr 2020
The few shows I've seen from studio Pierrot (I pronounce it the French way, no idea how it's supposed to be pronounced but whatever) have been pretty OK. Except of course the shit fest that was Tokyo Ghoul. I've read the manga and the current anime doesn't come close to what it's supposed to be (I haven't seen :RE yet, but I'm reading that first before I get completely lost). That said, I was pleasantly surprised with Akudama Drive last year, which was a feast for the eyes in my opinion. Nothing mind boggling in terms of story (it's not supposed to be), but the animation and the art were in my opinion quite consistent throughout all 12 episodes.
Apr 26, 2021 12:10 AM

Jan 2021
Probably because of fillers and adaptation. Their animation also isn't that great and they don't have a constant animation.
Apr 26, 2021 12:13 AM
Jan 2019
They have messed up parts of some big anime, but I really enjoyed Naruto anyway. The animation and effort they're putting into Black clover and Boruto are disgraceful though. They have made quality anime so I know they are capable. I just wish they could put some more effort into the results of some of the modern anime they've been producing, other than that I don't dislike them at all.
Apr 26, 2021 1:08 AM

Jul 2007
Pierrot is a major fuck-up studio up there with Toei and DEEN. I love many shows by these studios, but they always manage to seriously and consistently fuck their shows up in some way or another. This statement might not make much sense in a vacuum but anyone who watches anime made by these studios knows damn well what I'm talking about.
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Apr 26, 2021 1:18 AM

Nov 2015
I would like a second season of Yona of the Dawn so before they give me that I'll have to say they're shit.
Apr 26, 2021 1:37 AM

Feb 2020
Because people are dumb and thinks superficially.
Sure, studio pierrot is not perfect. But it's not like worst.
If u go and check scores of studio pierrot shows, u will realize there is not a big deal.
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Apr 26, 2021 7:51 PM

Sep 2014
Manaban said:
Because I don't know how to pronounce their name and it annoys me

P-row?

Pie-row?

P-rot even?

idfk, worst studio

You could just read the katakana.

Apr 26, 2021 7:55 PM

Jul 2020
People are forgetting the fact that Studio Pierrot played a major role in popularizing the anime community lol.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Apr 26, 2021 8:04 PM

Oct 2020
mainly because of the anime canon, side stories, fillers, inconsistencies in animation in their shows . And also because of Tokyo ghoul s2,3,4. I won't lie when i say Pierrot has fucked up a lot of things even including sakura and noelle's character . But when time is due and they do seasonal more often , they can definitely be up there with the big studios
JayDaAnimeLordApr 26, 2021 8:13 PM

"Hard work is worthless for those that don’t believe in themselves" - Naruto Uzumaki
Apr 26, 2021 8:06 PM
Dec 2015
They take on way more than they can handle leading the garbage quality that college students could do better than. And they do it often enough with loved franchises. In cases like Tokyo Ghoul Re it would've been better to have nothing and had hope for a good adaption than the powerpoint sparknotes nonsense we got. They do do good work occasionally like Akudama Drive but the majority of the time it's just cheap work.
Apr 26, 2021 8:22 PM

Feb 2021
because Studio Pierrot knows how to create annoying Filler Episodes that doesn't matter on the Original Story. Sometimes they botch the Animation too.

Notable Examples:
~ NARUTO
~ NARUTO Shippuden
~ BLEACH
~ BORUTO: The Next Generations

So far, I think this is the biggest botch (fail) that Studio Pierrot did:

This is the reason why Studio Pierrot sucks.
Apr 26, 2021 8:27 PM

Dec 2016
Because they made Naruto and Bleach and since it's cool to hate on those two then by extension the studio that made them is gonna be hated too.
Apr 26, 2021 8:37 PM

Jul 2020
Well, it's definitely because of the fillers that they've had for Bleach and Naruto, the adaptation for Tokyo Ghoul, and for their inconsistent animation
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hentai is the worst anime genre ever created. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

72 by Otakupervert890 »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Best Russian in anime

Catalano - 10 hours ago

21 by RobertBobert »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Does your first ever favourite anime(s) still holds a place in your favs?

NubFix - 14 minutes ago

2 by Otakupervert890 »»
6 minutes ago

» How you feel about non-Japanese entertainment/media using Anime art style?

Dragevard - 2 hours ago

4 by MichaelJackson »»
21 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

58 by TsutanaiFuun »»
26 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.