Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 8, 2017 5:37 PM

Jul 2016
This is the best episode 14 I've ever watched in any anime. They just can't stop outdoing themselves.
Jul 9, 2017 8:39 AM

Apr 2014
Can this get any worse?
Jul 9, 2017 10:57 AM
Apr 2011
A delicious nightmare.

A todo gas lobezno. A plus to the scene with those t-shirts printed with "safe birth".
Jul 9, 2017 11:03 AM

Dec 2012
Katsu-kun said:
Can this get any worse?

Hmm, I don't know what you mean. This series is great from the start!
Jul 9, 2017 11:50 AM

Apr 2014
Rorek said:
Katsu-kun said:
Can this get any worse?

Hmm, I don't know what you mean. This series is great from the start!

Not for me, sadly.
Jul 9, 2017 7:15 PM

Aug 2012
The new ED is so good!
Jul 10, 2017 2:34 PM

Jul 2009
New OP and ED are way better than the 1st ones!
It was nice to see the girls on vacations.
Jul 10, 2017 4:14 PM

Aug 2016
Great start for the new cour with the refreshing take on their vacation after the festival.

I don't relly know how to feel about the OP. It's one of those songs that are meh at first but when you keep listening to it over and over it becomes really good. I just felt that it wasn't fit for the SoL type of OP(w/c SQ kind of is). ED was nice but ofc first ED was better.

"... Because when you live in this world of my closed eyes...
... Being alone is very lonely..."

Jul 11, 2017 12:52 AM

Mar 2013
A Good Opening & Ending and nice start for a new cour

The Spanish tourists really unexpected lol... Kind of reminded me of that Spanish Guy scene from Tari Tari. "I don't money!"
Jul 11, 2017 4:31 AM
Jul 2018
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition, after all. Lmao

Catchier OP and ED.

Queen returns on the next ep. 2nd cour here we go~
Jul 11, 2017 2:32 PM

Feb 2008
That cliffhanger ending...

It is intriguing how the lot have grown attached to Manoyama, in one way or another. Enough so to feel out of place somewhere else, even on a holiday.

The new OP and ED were nice as well.
Jul 12, 2017 1:10 AM
Mar 2012
All that matters is Riri smiled in the OP.
Nice OP/ED, tho ED1 song still best.
Lol that dream drowning in manju, reminds of... Mayoiga.
Air B&B plan.
The family & friends time nice reflecting on their lives. Dreamer vs normie eh?
The OL's so pro, startups, subsidies for moms. Moe a good friend.
THE SPANISH ARE COMING!! but why? anything to do with that sagrada familia joke, wonder what the TV showed. Maybe they're construction workers?

Edit: Riri wants uma + girls. lol reference to pa works new show https://myanimelist.net/anime/35249/Uma_Musume__Pretty_Derby_TV
gophercgJul 14, 2017 4:04 AM
Jul 12, 2017 4:12 AM

May 2010
Previous OP and ED were too good. The new OP doesn't fit and is kinda average. The new ED is kinda okay. I liked the old ones too much, oh well.

Slooow episode.
Jul 12, 2017 7:23 AM

Apr 2010
So the town is being taken over by strangers who speak Spanish?
And what where they saying?

In any case it was nice seeing the girls in different places and we even got a view of Yoshino's family which seems to be a happy family.
Still none of the girls seems to have a change of mind when it comes to their job they must really like it.
Jul 12, 2017 12:03 PM
Sep 2015
SubscriberSun said:
Also while I assume they were Japanese the voice actors sounded pretty fluent in Spanish. Maybe if I spoke Spanish I'd feel differently. But it seemed pretty on point.

Spanish here. Those guys sounded fluent because they were real spanish. Yes, I'm surprised too.

Aversa said:
So the town is being taken over by strangers who speak Spanish?
And what where they saying?.

They were just greeting them, and then one of them said that maybe if they show them their t-shirts they would calm. Which is funny, because the t-shirts said "safe childbirth"
Raito_LawlietJul 12, 2017 12:08 PM
Jul 12, 2017 10:30 PM

Jul 2014
I loved the retarded spanish. It was fun.

"Also while I assume they were Japanese the voice actors sounded pretty fluent in Spanish."

They were very fluent. But even if the spelling was good, I still can't believe they're spanish, because the said some incoherent things (Like "Pero por qué habrán huído" when nobody had run away). Or they did a half-baked job.
Jul 13, 2017 7:28 AM

Mar 2013
Wow, got so preoccupied with the new releases that I forgot to watch the anime.

It was good start for the 2nd cour with new OP and ED. But previous ones were more catchy. Visuals in ED were beautiful tho.

It was nice to see that our female cast are having change of pace and enjoying their summer vacation. Liked their interaction with friends and families.

Lol at Nagisa and Akkun topic XD

Hope the realization proves something worth to Yoshino for reviving Manoyama.
Jul 13, 2017 7:14 PM

Sep 2013
The new OP has to be a joke right? PA wouldn't produce something this awfully generic, RIGHT?
Jul 27, 2017 3:06 PM

Aug 2016
Iam really amused with new anime trend to get actuall foreigners or at least people who actually speak non-japanese language in it. I really like it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 27, 2017 3:28 PM

Oct 2012
Hmm... so the big cliffhanger from the last time was put in vain (again). Well...

But at least they showed us their hometowns, it was a big contrast to see their friends and families. Somehow, Manoyama feels really boring in comparison, especially with Yoshino's city.

It was great way to show how the main cast is mostly stuck while everyone else already moved on.

Plus, I kinda like new OP and ED. Enjoyable episode with really nice mood.
Aug 27, 2017 8:46 PM

Dec 2009
This new opening is really fresh! Like old rock but new.
GenesisAriaAug 27, 2017 9:35 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Aug 28, 2017 12:03 AM

Jul 2015
Loved 1sr OP/ED and the new ones are also great!

That ending... xD
I'll fade away and classify myself as obsolete!
Obsolete!!
Aug 31, 2017 3:17 AM

Jun 2016
I love the new OP, but nothing beats the 1st OP. Waaah. But this new one involves/shows ALL THE CHARACTERS even the supporting ones, so I'm okay with it. Hihi. :)

Yoshino's dream, though. Haha. And, Sandal, what the hell are you doing!?!? Hahahaha!

Seeing them girls sad because they're far from Manoyama gives me life. The "Tokyo Girls" loved Manoyama so much they feel so empty when they're far away from it. :D

I like Yoshino's sister. She's cute and she has a boyfriend. Hahaha! Dafuq is that kind of reason.

Loved this episode. Kinda melancholy, though.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Sep 23, 2017 9:23 AM

Nov 2011
Beautiful novelties glimpsed in this episode, who knows if we will see all the new characters. Cute is both opening and ending. Facial exasperations, really well made, have contributed to the comedy view during narrative. Yoshino's dream fun. XD
Oct 8, 2017 10:21 PM

Oct 2012
Akkun? Oh I thought this was aho girl :P

Seems like she's figuring out things this time
Also her country have more people than Manoyama, that'll help.. right?

"Amigo amigo manos amigo" That's what I heard xD
The writing on the spanish people's shirts... Anzan?
What's that?
Shiori's scream though xD

Hee hee hooo hee hee hooo xD
Rayl1ghtOct 8, 2017 10:24 PM
"Signature removed"
Nov 1, 2017 4:05 PM

May 2012
A new OP & ED and as well a new chapter! Let's see what's next.
Nov 21, 2017 9:14 PM

Apr 2011
The Queen and her ministers needed a vacation. To relax and hang out with friends and families. New ideas come up along with new motivations for their jobs. I wonder how it'll play out in the next episodes.

Need OP and ED are okay.
Dec 14, 2017 9:33 AM

Nov 2013
Does anyone else ship Sanae and Maki?
Dec 21, 2017 7:09 PM

Aug 2012
-oh hey it's a new OP. i think i like the previous one more, though
-alright that opening scene was pretty hilarious
-so i wasn't entirely off the mark when i thought last episode would spark manoyama's booming hotel industry
-did the music change when the setting did? yoshino's hometown sounds a bit more music box-y than the kind of music that was playing in manoyama
-there was something about the conversation between yoshino and the saku girl that just felt right, for some reason. i can't really describe it as anything other than that
-oh right the police chief is a little creepy
-erika's comedic timing is also pretty up there
-how could i not leave a comment on this sanae dinner scene and not just put 👌
-oh so sanae's also on a year contract
-it is just past halfway into the episode and i just realized that this is essentially a summary episode
-even though the vast majority of these characters have been introduced before, the vacation scenes at night ended up being pretty nostalgic
-both the opening scenes and the ending scenes to this episode were hilarious
-also i just want to say i fuckin love this ED

By the end of this episode I was able to say what exactly appealed to me in that first scene between Yoshino and Saku. They managed to make the meetings between the people on vacation and their old friends all seem really nostalgic without even needing to formally introduce most of the characters. For me this effect seemed the most apparent in the Yoshino scenes since I'm not really a fan of Sanae and Moe was already formally introduced earlier. Furthermore, all of the scenes involving meetups with old friends somehow tied back into the whole narrative of reviving Manoyama, even if in some cases it was specifically brought up by Yoshino. Point is, even the vacation scenes were relevant to the narrative, and they're different enough from the usual stuff that it felt really refreshing. One thing that I liked in particular about specifically Yoshino's scenes in this episode was how her life ended up being radically different from literally everyone she met with, including her own sister. Sanae and Maki's scenes also did this, but to a much lesser extent. I guess the parts of this episode with Yoshino just stuck out to me more because she didn't really have as much of a backstory as her ministers back in Manoyama. The meetings with her old friends in particular all just very subtly filled in a backstory for her that she probably hasn't been open to the others about because of her distaste from being perceived as normal. This type of implicit backstory, I think, works better for me because you can draw pretty much any conclusion you want from the presented material.

The scenes back at Manoyama weren't too shabby, either, with continuity being preserved from the last arc and Ririko and Shiori working on starting up the B&B industry. There wasn't much else to write about that component of the episode, but it seems to be setting up for the next one. Overall, for what seems to be a glorified summary episode, it ended up being a very lovely one and i didn't realize until after getting halfway through with it.
Dec 22, 2017 8:32 AM

Jun 2017
Hate the new OP. Love the new ED!
Jan 6, 2018 11:36 AM

Sep 2012
that ending (they need translator) lol
Mar 24, 2018 6:13 PM

Sep 2011
A nice change of scenery and mood, especially with three of our girls getting a newfound fondness for their current job in Manoyama.
Nov 27, 2020 1:43 AM

Aug 2018
New OP ehh, its fine though
I prefer the 1st OP, it suits to the theme of anime

So only Shiori and Ririko stayed and rest takes a break in the city. I thought Yoshino really leave permanently.

I wonder what will happen in the end after 1 year contract of Yoshino, will she stay???
Yoshino looks cute in that Kimono
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Mar 28, 2021 11:24 AM

Feb 2020
New OP and ED. Nice. They were both good.

That dream in the beginning was funny.

SerafosMar 2, 6:36 AM
Nov 20, 2023 10:12 PM

Oct 2022
Glad to see that hanging out with their friends made Sanae and Maki notice change in them. Hope that Yoshino gain new inspiration for her summer vacation as well. Erika and Angelica both destroying Kindaichi, he doesnt deserve that poor guy. Bro the ending lmaoo, surprise Spanish attacks
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2017

61 by Rakabat »»
Dec 23, 2023 2:17 AM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2017

181 by toralbabs »»
Dec 10, 2023 8:46 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2017

70 by toralbabs »»
Dec 10, 2023 5:26 AM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2017

47 by toralbabs »»
Dec 8, 2023 8:03 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2017

54 by toralbabs »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.