Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 5, 2017 6:54 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
OMG!!! ED is so cool!!

lol @ the short stories after ED.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 5, 2017 7:49 AM

Jun 2013
The ending song is nice :)

LOL at the tanabata part at the end.

"nang nang nang nang nang na na na na..."
Kitan~!
Jul 5, 2017 8:58 AM
Sep 2015
I kinda predict shirtless scene in OP/ED, but bath scene even in the first episode shows that they really want their fanbase from 20 years ago back. Though this is the first time I see it. I may or may not had read it in the past, but I read dozens of manga each years, who can remember!
Jul 5, 2017 9:37 AM

Nov 2015
they have body goals. The episode was kinda meh though.

Jul 5, 2017 9:50 AM
Aug 2011
ayyyyyyy back at it again with Saiyuuki
I'm surprised that projects like this are still being animated after so many years. It feels and basically looks the same, I liked it though.

edit: uhh nvm about looking the same... I refreshed my memory by checking the 2000 version and it hasn't exactly aged well lmao
standJul 5, 2017 2:58 PM
Jul 5, 2017 10:06 AM

Dec 2008
Finally got to see my favourite boys back in action again after the Gaiden anime. I really like the animation quality for this episode and I hope it continues until the end of season. Since a new studio is working on Blast, it gives me a fresh feeling watching the Sanzo ikkou in action.

And oh yeah, we got Urasai episode again. I really missed that part in Reload.
Jul 5, 2017 11:01 AM

Jun 2009
Aah, that sure bring back memories. The opening and ending are great.
I get from first episode atmosphere of previous series.
I can't wait already for next epiosde!
Jul 5, 2017 12:21 PM
Jul 2017
So happy to see the series is back! And actually well animated this time! I can't believe it's been about 10 years now.
Jul 5, 2017 12:37 PM

Dec 2010
ED was nice, the omake at the end were hilarious.

Good to see this show is back... with updated animation.
Jul 5, 2017 1:02 PM

Oct 2011
Saiyuki is back ahhhhh 😍 ❤ Been forever omg😭
Jul 5, 2017 1:02 PM
Apr 2017
The Audio Quality is horrendous.

Also the Beginning reminded me of Freezing and Princess Lover! (as its pretty much the same opening with different characters even the vehicle are the same .. lol what a bad copy)

After watching it .. well the Villagers changed way too quick and they "went missing recently" ? you mean like 13 years ago? overall wouldnt watch this further
WarriorOfTimesJul 5, 2017 1:14 PM
Jul 5, 2017 1:25 PM
Mar 2016
Nice one, too bad the seiyuus sounded too old, Gaujoy's wish for sanzo may he's baldness BANG!!!!!!!ROFL.
Jul 5, 2017 2:52 PM
Aug 2011
WarriorOfTimes said:
Also the Beginning reminded me of Freezing and Princess Lover! (as its pretty much the same opening with different characters even the vehicle are the same .. lol what a bad copy)

The hell you going on about?
If anything this is pretty much all the other Saiyuuki OPs mixed into one, and since this shit is older than dirt then that makes the other series you mentioned the bad copies.
Jul 5, 2017 3:09 PM

May 2014
Never seen Saiyuki before, but I'm pretty sure the first season was like 20 years ago...seems really weird to do a sequel now, honestly a reboot would've made way more sense because it'd give newcomers easier access and draw in the old fans too.

But hey it wasn't that difficult to get the basic gist of things- music was great, but aside from that it was pretty standard. I did recognise Sanji's Seiyuu though...I forget his name lol. Well I think it's him anyway XD

Oh, but the manservice was a treat and blond priest dude is quite the looker.
Don't think I'll be bothering with the rest of the anime though tbh.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 5, 2017 3:53 PM

Aug 2009
I've been waiting forever for this series! I hope it stays true to the manga. What a wonderful start. :D
Jul 5, 2017 5:01 PM

Oct 2016
I've been waiting for this for a while but hope it's not full of filler because apparently the manga doesn't have a lot of chapters.
Jul 5, 2017 9:17 PM

May 2017
Aaaaah how much i miss GOKU!!!! xD
Good start, love it! reminds me at highschool time ;^; when watching this again lol.
Great OP & ED.
Jul 5, 2017 9:42 PM

Oct 2008
YEY GRANRODEO OP!
now this is some nice action show!
4/5.

Jul 5, 2017 9:49 PM

May 2008
I'm so happy right now I could cry. It's been too long, Saiyuki! Loving the OP and ED. Would definitely love to see a reboot happen though; especially since a lot of people are missing out on this greatness because they don't wanna sit through the old 4:3, lower quality animation of the early 2000s.
Jul 6, 2017 2:25 AM

Jul 2014
I still remember picking up my first copy of the Saiyuki manga in 2004, I remembering painfully watching the first Saiyuki anime and I am getting goosebumps from the intro because the boys as back in town!

I do feel it a shame that people that aren't familiar with the series and sees this won't have the same connection with the characters since that's basically half the series. But I am looking forward to seeing this anime!

And it's ALWAYS a pleasure to get some Ura Sai! <3
Jul 6, 2017 2:51 AM

Jul 2016
So according to Opening, this will adapted the whole chapter 1 thought 10 of Reload Blast manga and no filler this time. Nice adapt of chapter 1. And argh the classic Urasai part (I missed that so much after Gunlock ended) and it's so funny lol. I still think the most funniest Urasai moments was this:

Hakkai, Goku and Gojyo: Ura, uraurauraurauraurauraurauraurauraurauraurauraurauraurauraurauraurauraurauraurauraura......
Sanzo: SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!

UberKitty said:
I've been waiting forever for this series! I hope it stays true to the manga. What a wonderful start. :D

With the 12 episodes adaptation of Reload Blast manga, this will be completely no fillers and stay true to the manga unlike the previous 3 seasons.
Jul 6, 2017 6:06 AM

May 2016
Glad to see the guys are back and still stay yhe same. Nice OP and ED, plus it's pleasant to see Urasai part. So nostalgic as I used to watch the show together with my brothers many years ago. This is the only show I watch this season so far (in 2017, actually).
Jul 6, 2017 6:36 AM
Mar 2016
I have been watching saiyuki from first season, saiyuki reload, saiyuki reload gunlock, and now saiyuki reload blast.. haha best anime ever
Jul 6, 2017 10:27 AM

Jul 2013
Whoahoho said:
Nice one, too bad the seiyuus sounded too old, Gaujoy's wish for sanzo may he's baldness BANG!!!!!!!ROFL.

I am really glad they kept them and didn't do the stupid replacement thing like D.Gray man, and to me the old ones are still way better.
Jul 6, 2017 2:42 PM

Jul 2010
I'm so excited for this. I've been waiting all my life for a new Saiyuki T^T
I'm so happy to see my boys after all these years as hot as ever. God why didn't they show Hakkai and Sanzo in their bath time ? Seriously. i deserve that considering that i'm older than them now xDD
The OP and ED got me fangirling all over the place. The ED is so good and i'm so happy to see the Urasai part back!

Ahhh~ my heart is filled with happiness T__T
Jul 6, 2017 3:59 PM

Nov 2016
Do ichave to watch the previous animes to watch this ??! Because it has previous seasons or something i don't know and if somebody does please tell me because i liled this anime it's really great and it gave me the goosebumps and i liked how the story's going so can anyone tell me if i have to watch the other seasons or i don't have to ... Btw Sanzo is my fav character when i looked at him i just instantly loved him , He's so BADASS ❤❤❤ and i'm pretty excited for this anime i got high hopes for it so please tell me if u know anything 🙏👌 , Looking Forward !!!!
Jul 6, 2017 8:01 PM
May 2017
I think it's a little to early for me to rate this new season. While I like having the boys back, I wasn't the biggest fan of this ep. The part where the boy tried to justify the girls song and her wanting to make the town happy would seem sweet, but seemed somewhat ridiculous as we see her opening the gate for all the demons to come kill everyone. It's not bad writing, it just sends very mixed messages. And for the art I'm still very meh about, it looks beautiful but I think I enjoyed the straightforward art style of the og, but that probably just nostalgia talking.
HikarutamashiiJul 6, 2017 11:31 PM
Jul 7, 2017 12:15 AM

Jun 2012
Pretty lame and cheesy, that little fucker was annoying as well.
Jul 7, 2017 1:50 AM

Jun 2017
Somehow I preferred the first anime series when they didn't draw blood. I don't mind gore, but this is different from my impression of the original run...
Jul 7, 2017 2:15 AM

Jun 2013
the OP and ED are cool
Jul 7, 2017 2:23 AM

Dec 2007
Strawberrycake48 said:
Never seen Saiyuki before, but I'm pretty sure the first season was like 20 years ago...seems really weird to do a sequel now, honestly a reboot would've made way more sense because it'd give newcomers easier access and draw in the old fans too.
Saiyuki is largely episodic, so a reboot isn't as valuable as it could be in other series. I might have invested in an OVA or special to come out first and bring people up to speed on the story and characters, but there's not even a whole lot there either - the story and characters are just Journey to the West with a suave punk makeover.
Jul 7, 2017 7:09 AM

Apr 2015
not as good as the first Saiyuki.

the other sequels, including this one, is just too... I dunno, pretentious? compared to the first one.

also Goku is too... old... here.
kidlat020Jul 7, 2017 7:12 AM
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Jul 8, 2017 12:05 AM

Jul 2016
kidlat020 said:
also Goku is too... old... here.

Lol this season is take place two years after Season 1 so it's not surprising about Goku being old. And also this season is in final arc now, if Season 2 of Reload Blast (Which is mostly will happen) ended then is no more Saiyuuki after this.
Jul 8, 2017 3:04 AM

Mar 2017
I really like this first episode especially the opening, the guys are always the same!!
Jul 8, 2017 8:03 AM

Jun 2016
damn saiyuki is comback... ED is so good... nostalgia coming lol...
Jul 8, 2017 9:38 AM
Sep 2012
I have waited so long T^T. Kazuya Minekura what took everyone so long?! And everything feels the same. Not like with D. Gray Man who came back with new animation and voices for a 13 episode finale. The OP and ED songs fit the Saiyuuki theme really well. It actually feels like it hasn't been over ten years. TBH I lost hope that they were ever going to finish this, but I am so happy. 2016/1017/2018 will be the year of finishing things that we've started! This was the show that started it all for me T^T
Jul 8, 2017 9:49 AM
Sep 2012
r3yn said:
I'm so excited for this. I've been waiting all my life for a new Saiyuki T^T
I'm so happy to see my boys after all these years as hot as ever. God why didn't they show Hakkai and Sanzo in their bath time ? Seriously. i deserve that considering that i'm older than them now xDD
The OP and ED got me fangirling all over the place. The ED is so good and i'm so happy to see the Urasai part back!

Ahhh~ my heart is filled with happiness T__T

D= Oh my god, I'm older than Goku now.... You know minus 500 years
Jul 9, 2017 12:50 AM

Jul 2016
CandyAB said:
I have waited so long T^T. Kazuya Minekura what took everyone so long?! And everything feels the same. Not like with D. Gray Man who came back with new animation and voices for a 13 episode finale. The OP and ED songs fit the Saiyuuki theme really well. It actually feels like it hasn't been over ten years. TBH I lost hope that they were ever going to finish this, but I am so happy. 2016/1017/2018 will be the year of finishing things that we've started! This was the show that started it all for me T^T

Well Kazuya Minekura can't finish the series due to her health status has become worst since 2011 and causing manga version of Reload Blast is progress in very super slow speed (The manga currently was just 12 chapters since the manga started at 2009, even though this is the final arc now), we don't even how long Saiyuuki will end with this slow progress.
Jul 9, 2017 9:03 AM
Apr 2017
stand said:
WarriorOfTimes said:

If anything this is pretty much all the other Saiyuuki OPs mixed into one, and since this shit is older than dirt then that makes the other series you mentioned the bad copies.

13 years after the second Season and they literally copied Princess Lovers First Episde (except for the princess). If thats the best they can come up with then GG for this show.

Jul 9, 2017 11:35 AM

Mar 2017
WarriorOfTimes said:
stand said:

13 years after the second Season and they literally copied Princess Lovers First Episde (except for the princess). If thats the best they can come up with then GG for this show.

Can you tell me when was this anime or manga of princess released? Because this episode is based on the first chapter of the manga released on 2009.
gofreeJul 9, 2017 11:52 AM
Jul 9, 2017 1:45 PM
Apr 2017
gofree said:
WarriorOfTimes said:

Can you tell me when was this anime or manga of princess released? Because this episode is based on the first chapter of the manga released on 2009.

Manga was released 20th March 2009, Anime started 6th July 2009
Jul 9, 2017 2:58 PM

Feb 2011
WarriorOfTimes said:
gofree said:

Bad news for you, the first season of Saiyuki anime aired in the 2000, and its source manga is from 1997.

Saiyuki is way older than Princess Lover! as a serie. By almost one decade.

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Jul 9, 2017 5:27 PM

Oct 2013
"look ma, mah childhood!!"
glad that it's back, i hope it'll do great both the show and the BD sales.
Jul 9, 2017 10:30 PM

Oct 2014
FINALLY an amazing show with cool action and a bunch of husbandos.

Life is good when you are the target audience.
Jul 10, 2017 4:19 AM

Mar 2017
WarriorOfTimes said:
gofree said:

Ok. It's impossible for a mangaka like Minekura sensei to copy, and let me say that I couldn't find where they're alike, in Saiyuki Reload Blast which follows Saiyuki released on 1997 , they always use this kind of vehicles ( jeep) and humans are always chased by yokais.
Jul 10, 2017 7:30 PM
Jan 2017
everything is wrong that pistol and that car
Jul 11, 2017 5:20 AM
Sep 2012
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
CandyAB said:

Well Kazuya Minekura can't finish the series due to her health status has become worst since 2011 and causing manga version of Reload Blast is progress in very super slow speed (The manga currently was just 12 chapters since the manga started at 2009, even though this is the final arc now), we don't even how long Saiyuuki will end with this slow progress.

Yeah, but even before her health took a turn for the worse she halted Saiyuki to work on Wild Adapter. And while it's a good manga, she'd already put over ten years into Saiyuki at that point.
Jul 14, 2017 4:52 AM
Jan 2017
It feels like they're trying to force coold things too much (like that kid having an Eren Jaeger attitude)
Overall it looked like they tried to copy things from diffrent shounen and mix it together into a big uly mush.
Jul 14, 2017 6:30 AM

Jul 2016
Kajakoro said:
It feels like they're trying to force coold things too much (like that kid having an Eren Jaeger attitude)
Overall it looked like they tried to copy things from diffrent shounen and mix it together into a big uly mush.

You do know that manga version of this episode are came long before SnK even exist?
Jul 14, 2017 9:27 AM

Dec 2015
Kajakoro said:

Overall it looked like they tried to copy things from diffrent shônen and mix it together into a big ugly mush.

You do know that the manga is published in a young women/jôsei magazine?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Can i watch this without watching the previous shows?

Who-eveR - May 17, 2017

30 by SofiaBulga »»
Sep 21, 2019 6:25 AM

Poll: » Saiyuuki Reload Blast Episode 8 Discussion

Whoahoho - Aug 23, 2017

10 by Strukla »»
Apr 16, 2019 8:25 PM

Poll: » Saiyuuki Reload Blast Episode 12 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 20, 2017

22 by Orochimaru9 »»
Oct 25, 2018 12:06 PM

Poll: » Saiyuuki Reload Blast Episode 4 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jul 26, 2017

20 by Rei_III »»
May 25, 2018 7:33 AM

Poll: » Saiyuuki Reload Blast Episode 11 Discussion

Wazefock - Sep 13, 2017

7 by Ulquiorra »»
May 15, 2018 2:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.