Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 5, 2017 3:42 AM

Nov 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dete is a bitch for tricking Hieidi into leaving for Frankfurt.

Poor Grandpa was devastated.
Jul 24, 2017 3:56 PM
Jul 2018
Here begin one of the main topics in the serie: the dicotomy between the rural life and the city life. Heidi's grandfather has a negative vision of the society, because only see the negative lpart of this. That's the reason why he want to keep Heidi in the mountains, but Heidi must lo learn how is the real life and take a desition by herself. Certainly it will happen early o late in the life of each child. It remember me the beginning of Hermann Hesse's Demian. The change from the godness of the private life with the family to the badness of the public life.
May 17, 2018 6:49 PM

May 2010
The way she got taken was horrible, but Dete was hopefully thinking of Heidi's future and not some selfish ulterior motive. Would Heidi have been happier in the long run living on the mountain? The series has presented us with a very idyllic view of this life, one that makes us cry "no!", but realistically that isolated mountain happiness is unsustainable. A simple injury can turn that paradise into a hell. And maybe, even if we ignore that reality, and we face the idealism of the anime (so far) on its own terms, we might conclude that it's better for her to know humanity then to live in ignorant happiness. I know that I'm glad to know the world of mankind, even if I could have found greater happiness among nature.

As an aside, I absolutely love that this show provokes discussion about Herman Hesse on MAL of all places. Leave it to a kid's show to provoke thought that most "adult" shows don't even approach!
“Money can't buy dere”
Apr 6, 2019 4:09 PM

Sep 2011
I was waiting to see just what was Dete's deal, and it was awful. I can't believe she can cheerfully say that she is hoping a sickly child would die so that her niece could be adopted by her parents in the "best-case scenario." And as if this wasn't horrible enough, she threats Heidi's grandfather with a trial that would be one-sided, and tricks the girl into going away with her.

The sad part is that her grandfather thinks that she went with her aunt because she wanted to. Peter, his family and Heidi's grandfather were devastated with her departure, it was honestly hard to watch. I can only hope that good things will come out of this, and that Heidi won't take long to go back to her home...
Feb 21, 2020 5:57 PM
Jul 2018
I rarely curse. But throughout this episode, my cries of "This bitch! This fucking bitch!" filled the house. Aunt Dede is such a self-centered, manipulative person. Because of her actions, everyone thinks Heidi left on her own accord. I especially felt sad at grandmother's reaction. She truly loved Heidi.

But calming down and thinking about it, maybe this is an opportunity in the guise of a curse? Perhaps something good will come out of this? Everything happens for a reason, right? Maybe this turn of events would allow Heidi to see the world and experience it for herself? Could it be that living in the mountains, secluded from humans and ignorant to the rest of the world is a much better alternative? This Anime, surprisingly, presents deep-provoking questions for a children's show.
Dec 1, 2023 5:54 AM
Sep 2016
The saddest part of the episode is Alm-Uncle wanted to eat with Peter. He's gotten lonely...

Another reason why custody court is the worst place on Earth. People going crazy to prove a point to others and using their kids as a weapon to harm others. I do dislike the gossipy town women more than i dislike Dete though.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Alps no Shoujo Heidi Episode 5 Discussion

Kuruwin - Jun 16, 2016

8 by darthtruder »»
Mar 8, 3:36 PM

Poll: » Alps no Shoujo Heidi Episode 4 Discussion

Fayrin - Mar 31, 2019

4 by darthtruder »»
Feb 13, 10:13 PM

Poll: » Alps no Shoujo Heidi Episode 3 Discussion

Fayrin - Mar 31, 2019

5 by darthtruder »»
Feb 13, 9:42 PM

Poll: » Alps no Shoujo Heidi Episode 2 Discussion

catullus_d_rus - Mar 28, 2016

8 by darthtruder »»
Feb 13, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Alps no Shoujo Heidi Episode 47 Discussion

Kuruwin - Jul 30, 2016

6 by k1Aegis »»
Jan 7, 3:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.