Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 8 Discussion

Jul 5, 2017 2:49 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Cool, it's that biker girl. Glad to see that she got more screen time and meets Yuusaku/Playmaker face to face.

Felt more like a buildup episode though considering the circumstances though.
Poor Blue Angel...still out cold.

Jul 5, 2017 4:06 AM
I knew that the Blue Angel would be Ema in disguise trying to lure Playmaker.Did Not expect Akira to meet both Yusaku and Playmaker face to face.Good to see Ema getting more screentime and Akira taking some action.I didn't expect Akira to meet Revolver as well.I think Akira would admire or respect Yusaku since he was grateful to Yusaku but hates Playmaker for hurting Aoi.

Jul 5, 2017 4:26 AM
A very Great episode, and the level of animation is very high also i like ema bessho and her VR form

Jul 5, 2017 4:48 AM
Well I wonder how long till Akira finds out Yusaku is Playmaker. After the hospital time, only a mater of time till he puts two and two together.

So Ema is a super hacker, if she had goal beyond money, she could cause that damage, very OP.

So we have Yusaku vs Revolver already, this series is moving fast. And after Aoi is revived, I wonder how that will effect her character, as well as Yusaku and Akira's character.

Jul 5, 2017 5:46 AM

Great set up episode. It looks like we're getting Yusaku vs Revolver already, and I'm perfectly fine with that, especially after this episode managed to establish high stakes for the upcoming duel. As for the result, I honestly have no idea. I initially thought Revolver would win their first encounter, but with Ignis and Aoi on the line I'm not so sure now. It only adds to my hype towards the duel.

It was also nice to see Yusaku show care to things outside of the Knights of Hanoi. I look forward to seeing him open up as the series progresses. Overall, another really great episode. Aside from the couple of episodes spent on Go, I've been loving Vrains. Hopefully they can keep it up.
Modified by fullmetal-ghoul, Jul 5, 2017 6:01 AM

Jul 5, 2017 5:57 AM

Hmm, Ignis did detect Hanoi's presence in Ema, does that mean she secretly work for Hanoi too? She's probably the kind of character that will be playing on every side that is willing to pay or something.
That's not Sakura.

Jul 5, 2017 6:08 AM

dem the plot sure moves fast

usually we would have a filler tournament between oai falling in coma and yusaku facing revolver

Jul 5, 2017 6:09 AM

oh come on how can you mistake that name???
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)

Jul 5, 2017 6:20 AM

Nice set up episode.

The name mistake in the subs made me laugh. xD

Looks like Aoi is in a coma because of a Hanoi Virus. Speaking of which someone remind me how Link VRAINS is connected to the physical body?

Zaizen sure decided to do a number on Yuusaku, at least he felt bad about it when he learned the truth.
Revolver vs Yuusaku is up next, this should be exciting.

Jul 5, 2017 6:45 AM

This is one of the few instance on the whole franchise when I don't know how the outcome will be. The stake is too high for Yusaku to lose but beating Revolver on early stage like this is not an option either. Getting draw seems to be far-fetched too so my bet goes with the duel interrupted in the middle like always.

Jul 5, 2017 6:55 AM

KaiserNazrin said:
Hmm, Ignis did detect Hanoi's presence in Ema, does that mean she secretly work for Hanoi too? She's probably the kind of character that will be playing on every side that is willing to pay or something.

I think you're right. Akira did mention that she was hired by someone else.

Lelouch0202 said:
Speaking of which someone remind me how Link VRAINS is connected to the physical body?

My memory is vague, but I think it was said that if something bad happens to you in Vrains, it will lead to flashbacks irl which can cause mental damage. I don't know how much sense that makes but whatever.

edit: But regarding why Aoi is in a coma, the virus trapped her avatar in Link Vrains so she can't log out. The flashbacks probably played a role as well.
Modified by fullmetal-ghoul, Jul 5, 2017 7:08 AM

Jul 5, 2017 7:04 AM

He has to defeat Revolver now.
Akira really liked to torture poor Yuusaku, it was all for his sister though.

Jul 5, 2017 7:05 AM

fullmetal-ghoul said:
Lelouch0202 said:
Speaking of which someone remind me how Link VRAINS is connected to the physical body?

My memory is vague, but I think it was said that if something bad happens to you in Vrains, it will lead to flashbacks irl which can cause mental damage. I don't know how much sense that makes but whatever.
Since I suck at explaining this is taken from TVTrope.

Taking too much damage in Link VRAINS will have adverse effect on a Duelist's physical brain that could potentially make them a brain-dead vegetable. An average duel might not cause that much damage, but falling off a D-Board in a Speed Duel could prove to be fatal.

Jul 5, 2017 7:11 AM

NeoAnkara said:
fullmetal-ghoul said:

Taking too much damage in Link VRAINS will have adverse effect on a Duelist's physical brain that could potentially make them a brain-dead vegetable. An average duel might not cause that much damage, but falling off a D-Board in a Speed Duel could prove to be fatal.

Yeah this is what I thought. I guess this does make sense in theory. It does lead me to question why the government haven't stepped in due to how dangerous Vrains can be. Anyway thanks for sharing.

Jul 5, 2017 7:34 AM

I'm really looking forward to the Playmaker vs. Revolver duel, although its blatantly obvious that it will end with no result. My only gripe is that they're apparently going to waste 4 episodes for it.

Jul 5, 2017 8:05 AM

I'm pretty surprised how consistently plot focused vrains has been. I'm sure the filler will kick in eventually but its nice how focused on the important cast members it has been instead of getting sidetracked by literal whos.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 5, 2017 9:16 AM
Did they come up with the title "Vrains" through a typo on the keyboard? V and b are right next to each other.

Jul 5, 2017 9:22 AM

Deathsaurus said:
Did they come up with the title "Vrains" through a typo on the keyboard? V and b are right next to each other.
V is a cooler alphabet than ugly B
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)

Jul 5, 2017 9:30 AM

The title is 100% intentional. Vrains is an acronym and it stands for Virtual Reality Artificial Intelligence Network System.
Modified by RayofVictory, Jul 5, 2017 9:36 AM

Jul 5, 2017 10:05 AM

What are you guys even saying? Ema with hanoy? Ema work for Chess piece

Whole VRAINS turn into a trap just for Playmaker... thats really overkill
If your VRAINS's avatar got virus you re done for. hacker or whoever evil also can create a program to mind control all people on VRAINS and take over the world

Deathsaurus said:

There is no "V" on japanese just like there is no "X"
Into the Internet!

Jul 5, 2017 10:23 AM

ZBlastHistory said:

Ema works for whoever pays her. So it isn't that far-fetched to think she may work for the knights in the future.

Jul 5, 2017 11:04 AM

RayofVictory said:
ZBlastHistory said:

Ema works for whoever pays her. So it isn't that far-fetched to think she may work for the knights in the future.

I don't remember Ema said that
I know Ema's job more or less are selling info and hanoy can also buy it. but i think something like that will happen in 20 or 100 more episode
Into the Internet!

Jul 5, 2017 11:13 AM

ZBlastHistory said:
RayofVictory said:

I know Ema's job more or less are selling info and hanoy can also buy it. but i think something like that will happen in 20 or 100 more episode

Ema never said that. It was said in a magazine scan. https://ygorganization.com/indianaema/
Modified by RayofVictory, Jul 5, 2017 11:39 AM

Jul 5, 2017 12:21 PM
RayofVictory said:
ZBlastHistory said:

Ema never said that. It was said in a magazine scan. https://ygorganization.com/indianaema/
by the way how do you know this upcoming dual is going to be 4 episodes?

Jul 5, 2017 12:36 PM

elior1 said:

From the leaked previews. While there are no summaries for 11, 12 and 13 yet, the episode titles heavily implies that the duel continues until 12, with 13 being the aftermath. https://dueldeegao.wordpress.com/2017/07/05/ep-9-13-staff-and-titles/
Modified by RayofVictory, Jul 5, 2017 12:42 PM

Jul 5, 2017 12:42 PM

I like how Revolver showed up randomly in a god like way pretty good introduction desu. aside from that nice build up episode i geuss.

Jul 5, 2017 12:44 PM
RayofVictory said:
elior1 said:

From the leaked previews. While there are no summaries for 11, 12 and 13 yet, the episode titles heavily implies that the duel continues until 12, with 13 being the aftermath. https://dueldeegao.wordpress.com/2017/07/05/ep-9-13-staff-and-titles/
with aoi and ignis in stake i not sure what the dual results will be since put aoi aside losing ignis here will be too early draw is far fetched results and wining the rival so early i dont think will happen

Jul 5, 2017 1:07 PM

Not a bad setup episode.

Aoi is still in a coma because of Hanoi's Virus.

Playmaker vs Revolver should be fun.

Jul 5, 2017 2:05 PM

People getting infected with computer viruses through the VR brain link :O that's next level stuff.
Aoi's bro hiring the ninja chick to capture yusaku with mass altering program and now revolver is here.

Jul 5, 2017 5:00 PM

Aoi in a coma, reminds me a bit of 5D's when Aki was in one after her duel with Misty.

I am really liking all this dark stuff that is happening.

Awesome, Revolver VS Yusaku next time.

Jul 5, 2017 9:24 PM

Why was Akira worried abt Yusaku and Aoi's relationship? XDD

Jul 6, 2017 12:04 AM

Ridley-Laforet said:

Sounds like an overprotective brother to me.

Jul 6, 2017 12:34 AM

Sparklefloof said:
Ridley-Laforet said:

Sounds like an overprotective brother to me.

Hopefully that overprotectiveness doesn't go overboard 😆

Jul 6, 2017 6:00 AM

fullmetal-ghoul said:
Lelouch0202 said:

NeoAnkara said:

Yeah, I figured it was probably something along these lines. Thanks, both of you. :)

Jul 7, 2017 5:45 PM
So... Is noone gonna comment on how freaky Ignis looked as he was eating Hanoi's virus?
There's no such thing as "perfection" in this world.

Except for Fate Kaleid.

I mean, come on. It's Fate Kaleid.

Jul 8, 2017 7:04 AM

KaiserNazrin said:

The sub got that wrong. Ignis said "she doesn't have any traces of Hanoi", the exact opposite.

Jul 9, 2017 4:00 AM
I thought it was an interesting episode! really touched into some dark elements, however i cant wait to see the next few episodes of the duel, as i feel we are leading to huge secrets being uncovered!